Office Chat Reviews

Office Chat

Instant messaging service for SMBs

4.58/5 (171 reviews)

Pros
  • THIS IS A GOOD SPARK TO OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT AND I AM GLAD WE GAVE THIS A CHANCE BECAUSE IT FITS.CHAMARAE P.Read the full review
  • It help to build a strong connection and good trust. Little bit get enjoy chatting through this software during office time.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • It does have many good features and the performance is acceptable. However, this is not currently a good solution if your users must access the application from a Remote Desktop Services environment.Glenn M.Read the full review
Cons
  • I HATE THAT SOMETIMES IT GLITCHES OUT AND SHOWS THAT PEOPLE ARE OFFLINE WHEN THEY ARE ONLINE AND SOMETIMES IT DOES NOT LET ME SEND MESSAGES AND I HAVE TO RESTART THE PROGRAM.CHAMARAE P.Read the full review
  • I also experience some issues where the app on my phone would sign out on its own and as a result, I miss messages because no notifications come through.Ral O.Read the full review
  • We use the software for not only inter office communication in order to avoid the distraction of receiving calls on our extension or cluttering emails. We also use it for training.Kevin V.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Annette Matthews

Very easy and convenient to use. I use it 90% of the time

Reviewed 2018-06-20

Pros
I work in Escrow and a lot of my co-workers are in another location and its easier to ask a quick question without having to send an email only to have it get lost in the sea of the other emails that we receive on an hourly basis. Using this sends a ping right away to the recipient and allow for my questions to get answer much quicker than sending an email

Cons
The only thing I don't like about it that the chat screen still shows old chats from employees who do not work at the company any longer and for some reason I can not find a way to remove them. All of our old chats are on my dashboard and I would like to remove them. If there is a way to remove them, I have not found it yet.

Response from MangoApps

Annette, thank you for your review! We appreciate having your business. I will be sure to pass along your feedback!

David Schwartz

Definitely worth the money!

Reviewed 2019-03-30

Overall, OfficeChat has saved us time, paper, and clicks on our copier system. I'd definitely say we're operating more efficiently as an organization!

Pros
The software is extremely functional with lots of features we needed as an internal IM/Chat system for our staff. The implementation was really easy and I honestly haven't had any complaints from staff about using or trying to use the software. Plus the ability to send messages with files/attachments is a huge plus, certainly cuts down on the amount of time we spend composing emails or printing documents to just walk them across the office.

Cons
Software installation itself can be a pain sometimes. I had 2 particular issues where OfficeChat refused to install on a new Windows 10 machines because a "required component" would fail to download over and over. I believe it was an issue with the fact that OfficeChat installer was calling out the need for Microsoft VC 3.5 but the machines already had a newer version installed...? I'd have to follow up with my support team to verify the issue was corrected but I'm sure it was.

Response from MangoApps

David, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Glenn Mentel

Decent product unless you use Microsoft Remote Desktop Services

Reviewed 2019-03-23

I would strongly recommend this product for situations where users are on separate machines using the actual application. It does have many good features and the performance is acceptable. However, this is not currently a good solution if your users must access the application from a Remote Desktop Services environment. It *might* perform better in a different multi-user-single-server environment. In fact, we got the strong impression that they had not dealt with a client even our size before, definitely not on an RDS environment, and they were scrambling to catch up. The we-based option was very unreliable, often failing to reflect current messages and not alerting users to new messages.

Pros
Ease of setting up users and creating groups; availability of web-based version; option to have server hosted in the cloud; administrative ability to review message activity.

Cons
Very CPU-heavy, often averaging 15% of the CPU depending on each user's activity (not good with multiple users on an RDS server); web-based version very unreliable even with an unclogged 100Mbps Internet feed; was not designed for Microsoft RDS (to be fair they came out with an RDS-friendly installation about a month after we purchased it); product probably sold from somewhere in Asia (not a problem in itself except for adding an extra day to advanced tech support queries).

Response from MangoApps

Glenn, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding CPU usage and web version stability. Thank you again!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Hilary Chikuvira

Office Chat

Reviewed 2020-03-09

Its more interesting to use this software for office communication, Saves time, it has better features than emails too. Love it.

Pros
great in the office communication application allows quick send and receive takes huge files as well reduces the formality in emails for office chats that are social and business ease of use presence of video and audio calls

Cons
still learning about the application. So far it beats many.

Response from MangoApps

Hilary, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. Thank you again!

Anonymous

Office mate group chatting with office chat

Reviewed 2019-11-22

It help to build a strong connection and good trust . Little bit get enjoy chatting through this software during office time .

Pros
This is very friendly software for chat in office and have good connection with office mate through office chat . Not only that it helps to build up good connections with client . And also when send messages we can know is it deliver to the person or not .

Cons
According to my interest less emojifies. Some to when shows my message delivered to the person but actually doesn’t deliver to person.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. Please contact us if your deliverability issue persists, we would love to work with you to resolve this. We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

Jessica Saba

Chatting Made Simple

Reviewed 2019-12-06

Overall, our company is very pleased with Office Chat.

Pros
We have a home office with multiple satellite offices around the country and in England. With Office Chat we are able to quickly connect with each other. The fact that we can send attachments has made life so much easier.

Cons
I am not a fan of the software installation. It can be rather cumbersome at times. Sometimes when you open a ticket it is not addressed for 12-24 hours.

Response from MangoApps

Jessica, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. Thank you for yourf feedback regarding our support, these are growing pains of our growing popularity that we are rapidly addressing. Thank you for your patience and trust in our product!

Diana Flinn

Office Chat- Easy and Reliable

Reviewed 2019-07-17

It's been great. Installs easily on my iPad, cell phone and computer. Never crashes. Has cute Emoji/Gif options. Sharing files is the best part!

Pros
I enjoy the ease of using Office Chat. I love how quick and uneventful it is to share files amongst coworkers.

Cons
Sometimes I will get a notification of an unread message and it is hard to find which one that is (in self-destruct mode).

Response from MangoApps

Diana, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

Jack Penfold

Great little office platform but support wait times are often long

Reviewed 2019-08-29

Overall really pleased as it increases job efficiency and improves the virtual office culture.

Pros
Really good office chat platform that allows file attachments/transfer which is mega handy for our staff.

Cons
Have waited quite a while for customer support at times. Pop-up notifications would be a good addition too.

Response from MangoApps

Jack, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. We'd like to learn what you mean in regards to 'pop-up notifications' we do offer these today and would like to help you ensure it is setup. Please contact us! We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

Nick Frey

Internal Communication Simplified

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Office Chat has helped me communicate quickly when needed with coworkers.

Pros
I used Office Chat app every day to communicate internally with other employees. I like how easy it was to install and to use. It does exactly what it was meant to do; fast and easy communication.

Cons
There are no cons that I have come across using this software. It sends notifications when you receive a message which is a nice feature.

Response from MangoApps

Nick, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

Jake Tully

Terrific Alternative To Group Chats In The Office

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Overll, Office Chat is a no-nonsense resource for effortlessly communicating within the office either individually or within a group or multiple groups.

Pros
One of the best features of Office Chat is its ability to organize and categorize multiple group chats within the program. While Office Chat is great for invidual conversations and threads, it takes the confusion and difficulties that group chats may present out of the equation and simplifies the ability to enter them as well as manage them from a distance.

Cons
There is little artistic style/aestetic style to Office Chat, with little ability for users to customize this. While it's a relatively small complaint in the grand scheme of things, this lack of visual awareness may confuse new users.

Response from MangoApps

Jake, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

Rebecca Stevens

Our whole office loves officechat it is easy to use and a great way to pass on messages.

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Pros
That you can have a group chat in the office, as a travel agency if we want to send a message to multiple people we can. It is so easy to just type a message and send it instead of having to write it out on paper (saving paper aswell which is a bonus). Price is very good also! One thing I REALLY like is that it shows two green ticks once it has been delivered so that I know it has actually reached the other person and I dont need to follow it up.

Cons
Sometimes the office chat will say 'idle' and then messages wont get delivered even when we have signed in, I think it does this when we havent used it for a bit during the day maybe? This is annoying because we use it every day. Something I know everyone in this office would prefer is maybe like a box on the right hand side stay there until the message is opened so we know we have messages, I know it lights up orange but with so many icons down the bottom sometimes its hard to miss, I know a previous chat we used to have had this and it was much better to have something hover there to remind us we had messages.

Response from MangoApps

Rebecca, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Also- i've passed along your feedback from the cons you listed. Cheers!

Stephanie Bauer

OfficeChat

Reviewed 2018-09-03

They prefer to be paid via credit card & do not really like invoicing. However, our company does not issue company credit cards & had to email back & forth asking if possible to set up for invoicing instead of credit cards. They were very helpful & understood our situation & were willing to make the change for us - even though this is not the norm for them.

Pros
When we did our research for a new officechat software, we were really impressed with the features that are available & the ease of use for the end users. Setting up the users is very simple & easy. Just needed to give the end users admin rights to install the software. Very easy to create groups & place people within. Reporting is really great & one is able to turn on & off features with a click on a button. The self destruct can be set with a timer which comes in handy when discussing private & confidential information.

Cons
When opening a ticket, waited for most times 24 hours to hear back from them. However, they do have the option to call in if required, however, since this is a virtual company, they prefer either chat or email

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review Stephanie! We're happy to see that OfficeChat has been a good solution for your business. I hope that future support requests are handled more quickly, we appreciate your patience as you grow with us! Cheers

Tara Slaton

We use this to bring employees from 4 offices right to each of our fingertips.

Reviewed 2018-07-25

To keep in touch with our other co-workers in different offices around the state.

Pros
I can easily find other employees that I work with and send them a message. I also like the features like "show when read", "delete after read', etc. I really like the one that shows me after the other person reads it. No one is able to say that they did not get the message because I have a read receipt. I also like how easy it is to attach a file and send it off.

Cons
I do not like the lack of emojis. I know this is a very simple thing, but that is really the only thing I can think of. I really would give this program a 10 out of 10. I can't think of any other problems I've had with this.

Response from MangoApps

Tara, thank you for providing us with a review and sharing your feedback regarding Emojis! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the team. If there are other product requests or ideas that you may have in the future, don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you again!

Excellent Chat Platform for Office work

Reviewed 2019-03-29

This Chat software has help us reduce phone call time and makes our jobs more efficient, you can get answers from work collegues faster than by email and if they are not available you dont need to leave a "phone message" and wonder if they listen to them or not. With the chat you see a notification when they read it. We use it every day as an internal communication tool, and even for company announcements with a whole office chat group.

Pros
It is a very simple and powerfull Chat solution. It shows when messages are delivered and read by the other person. You can attached images or documents.

Cons
It doesn´t have a popup notification option, that would be helpful because sometimes you can miss a new message.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I wanted to let you know that Office Chat does have a popup notification option- would you be willing to reach out to our support to have this resolved for you? Thank you again!

Gabby Garcia

Easy and fast way to stay connected!

Reviewed 2019-03-22

The benefit of using MangoApps is to be connected in this fast pace world. Working in the Service area, we need to be in reach for problem solving in a much faster way than email. It allows us to see who is available so that we work a bit more efficiently. The group chats are great as we can plan and discuss through the App instead of having to have quick meetings throughout the day. Overall, I am happy with the investment and I cannot imagine my daily work without this great tool.

Pros
MangoApps is great in order to stay connected and within reach at any time, easy to use on your PC/laptop or cell phone. It allows me to check who is available when issues arise in a very fast way and, in turn; I am available for any emergencies or planning.

Cons
We've only had one occasion were it was not working as expected but we reached out to the Online help and it was solved quickly and they were very polite. Other than this, I have no complaints on it.

Response from MangoApps

Gabby, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Chris Barber

We use office chat heavily throughout the day to communicate with our small team.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Pros
The software provides a very user friendly office chat that has a simple interface making the learning curve easy for anyone who has ever used an instant messenger. It is not overburdened with a lot of additional functionality. It sticks to the basics and doesn't become distracting. It also allows for visible customizable away messages/indicators in the chat window so that everyone can see specifically what is going on with each team member at a glance. Finally, the live chat support is incredible. chatting with a real person who can walk you through any use of the product and takes your live feedback is outstanding, especially for the cost.

Cons
Messages sometimes appear out of order. The away messages/status indicators sometimes will not be updated across all users instantly. After being set statuses sometimes revert back to the previous status without reason. It lacks the ability to save more than 5 recent custom statuses.

Response from MangoApps

Chris, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Cheers!

Eric Snell

Service functions as intended. Nothing too impressive, but does what it needs to do well

Reviewed 2018-03-16

Easy to use, simple interface. Easy to communicate with co-workers

Pros
Straight forward and simple application. Works like any text chat system. Easy to communicate with other members easily.

Cons
With respect to the PHONE application, I would appreciate being able to silence notifications when messages are sent in certain groups. Having my phone vibrate every single instance a chat message is sent in a chat group I am in (though may just be monitoring, not even actively participating in) is obnoxious at times. Being able to have a notifications occur only if a new message hasn't occurred in "x" time interval, or just silence all together for certain groups would be appreciated. However, if this feature is already available it is not readily apparent to me.

Response from MangoApps

Eric, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I hope that you've been able to address the issues you have had with mobile notifications- if not please reach out.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Jacquelyn Lange-Halley, MD

Office Chat for Small Medical- Physician Business

Reviewed 2019-04-03

Exceptional. As I described above, this program has been extremely useful for me and my staff.

Pros
Versatility! I can use on my smart phone, computer at home and computer at work... I can message my office staff directly without picking up the phone. Chat back and forth to maximize workflow - HIPAA compliant so don’t have to worry about safety of patient information. Group or single text is so easy. Able to snap photos and send documents! This is the best chat service I can think of. COMPLETELY impressed! And on top of all that is is SO AFFORDABLE. All my employees love it! Great job office chat!

Cons
I can’t think of anything I really “dislike.” I would suggest ability to invite people by using phone number/text message instead of requirement of email address. Ability to integrate a patient reminder service by text message would be cool too.

Response from MangoApps

Jacquelyn, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Carissa Crim

Our small office utilizes this program on a daily basis and loves the convenience it brings.

Reviewed 2018-03-28

An increase in ease and convenience of minute to minute, or daily communication that is necessary throughout the office between co-workers.

Pros
Our employees most appreciate that you can download it as an App on your phone, so you can keep in touch and communicate even when away from the office.

Cons
On rare occasion, the messages can lag and cause a mix in communication. Also starting a new conversation to a new co-worker sometimes wouldn't show what you had sent so it was unlcear if you had sent the message.

Response from MangoApps

Carissa, thank you for your review and feedback! It means a lot to us to know when our customers appreciate the tools that we provide to businesses like yours. I have passed along the feedback, so we can track and improve any ongoing issues that customers may be facing. Thank you again!

Kelly Li

A popular group chat software

Reviewed 2019-08-23

A good replacement for Skype, if you are tired of Skype, you may try this one

Pros
Office Chat can do Voice, Video & Screen Sharing, which is super convenient. It's so easy to set up, our company used to use Skype, but now we prefer Skype.

Cons
Basically, I love every function of Office Chat. I just hope it could provide more Moji choice, we love to use Moji to chat.

Response from MangoApps

Kelly, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

David Angle

Office Chat - The Good, The Bad, The Chatty....

Reviewed 2019-03-25

I can only speak about Office Chat, as that is the only MangoApp we use: Overall we like this app, we have been using it for two years with great success. I would love to see some updates happen to help with some of the issues of stability and system resource usage.

Pros
-Easy to use -Keeps full history which can be searched at any time -Mobile App syncs with desktop application -Easy file share and transferring -Cost -Security and Privacy

Cons
-Stability issues -More system memory required then what you would expect -Mobile app intermittenly will not send or receive messages -When using desktop app, mobile device will not update, then all of a sudden you will receive a full days worth of notifications.

Response from MangoApps

David, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback regarding the CPU usage and notifications. Thank you again!

Reviewed 2019-04-17

As of now, there are no issues. We just use to communicate with each other. If someone is with a client, this is a way to send a message right away and they'll get to it when time allows them.

Pros
Very easy to use and very helpful to communicate. It replaced a messenger that was free but discontinued. We are in a small office and it helps communicate with the other employees without having to discuss confidential matters out loud or get a point addressed without interrupting the other employee while they are with a client. It helps us be more productive.

Cons
We do not use all of the features, which is fine because we are a small office. We just wanted to keep communication and share information or documents with each other.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Stan McGuire

OfficeChat really helps us connect across the office or across the country. File sharing is great!

Reviewed 2018-03-19

Quick, easy, interoffice communication with instant pop-up notification Easy file sharing

Pros
Ability to communicate across the room or across country Ability to quickly easily share files Pop-up notification for new messages (this was VERY important to us) Ease of installation, setup, and implementation A very nice replacement of Yahoo Instant Messenger Instant notification of new messages We are a small office of 10 people. We had been using Yahoo Instant Messenger for years to quickly communicate across the office, when we didn't want to "yell" to one another :) But when YIM stopped functioning as we needed, we shopped around. OfficeChat does everything we need, and it's very reasonably priced. I highly recommend it. We had looked at several potentials, but NONE had measured up like this one.

Cons
We really have no cons to this product. It does everything we need. The only thing that could be better would be if it were free :) But really the pricing is extremely reasonable.

Response from MangoApps

Stan, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I wish we could offer the product for free, but i'm happy to hear that you find our pricing to be reasonable. Cheers!

Diana L Nofziger

Office Chat review

Reviewed 2019-04-09

Interactions are improved because responses can be quicker

Pros
The ease in contacting fellow worker(s) without email and getting a quick answer. Also so easy to give telephone messages instead of those little pieces of paper. The group chats instead of calling an actual meeting because a question came up, gathering lunch orders. Also the private chat is great for all the same reasons. Let's not forget the occasional joke. Really like it.

Cons
The only complaint I've heard from everyone here is when you are typing and an Office Chat pops up what you are typing gets typed on the Office Chat response and not the document intended. Annoying.

Response from MangoApps

Diana, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Anonymous

Awesome software for communicating with coworkers

Reviewed 2018-06-04

We are able to have instant communications with coworkers.

Pros
Officechat is very simple to use. Simple sign on with your same company email address. You can have a list of most recent or frequently contacted coworkers, and you can have access to a list of all coworkers within the company that are logged in. You can also see their status, to see if they are actually at their PCs or away from their desks. Also, you can send images, gifs and other documents through your chat window.

Cons
The software feels somewhat clunky at times, and once or twice a month we loose connection to the service for several minutes during the day. Not sure if related to an issue with the company providing the service or with our Internet connection.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your feedback and review! If you have any connectivity issues that persist, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for support. We'll be happy to take a look at what is happening to resolve.