OnBoard Reviews - Page 3

An easy-to-use resource for users and admins

Overall, my experience with OnBoard has been very positive. The word easy covers all the bases. Easy to set up. Easy to administrate. Easy to use. It doesn't get better than that in my opinion. I need something that doesn't require a lot of time and effort. I have a full schedule and OnBoard saves me time.

Pros

OnBoard is extremely user friendly for both me as the administrator and my volunteers. I was able to jump right in to create our Board portal with little guidance or training. I love that I can create a relevant homepage for our directors with no clutter. Housing documents is simple and neat and easy to navigate.

Cons

The only downside to the software is that the privilege to download documents has to be given and it's a one or none deal. Being able to allow our volunteers to download some documents such as travel forms and expense reports, but not confidential policies or reports, would be a dream. It would really cut down on the number of emails to and from people.

One thing that really does make my life easier

This is one of the tools that I couldn't do my job without. It has helped make the process of collecting and managing 25-75 documents for a given board meeting seamless.

Pros

We've used OnBoard for board meetings for something close to five years now. What sets OnBoard apart from others in the industry is its value for the money and approach to customer support. They are incredibly responsive to the needs of their customers and are always adding new and incredibly useful features.

Cons

I can't think of one. Everything that's ever been glitchy or not worked well is usually fixed in a couple of months.

Moving on OnBoard was an excellent choice!

We moved to OnBoard from a different online board portal and difference is astounding. We compared numerous other providers and OnBoard stood out instantly. The support and customer service from day one has been exemplary, all our queries, suggestions and requests have been taken ‘on board’. The team are one step ahead and are often informing us of developments that we can incorporate that we hadn’t previously considered. I would have no hesitation in recommending the company or the product.

Pros

This product is so user friendly for both admin and users. Its clear, concise and does everything we need plus more which has helped develop the way in which we work. Our users are much more engaged with this product and it makes the process of running meetings much smoother.

Cons

I have no complaints - this product is so useful.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad to read that you aren't having any challenges with the software. It's also great to read that you are finding our update useful and that ease of use is really coming across for you.

Passageways - A great Board portal

We now have a place to keep all our Board documents in one place and for our members to easily access them. You can also give permissions to each individual person or for each document.

Pros

It was extremely easy to setup and use. I had it setup in less than 1 day. It is user friendly and they are always looking for ways to improve and upgrade the product.

Cons

There is nothing that we do not like. Some of our people have an issue with the messaging but we have found it to be an internal issue with our IT security.

OnBoard Software

We have enjoyed a very positive experience with Onboard. You are assigned a customer support manager that reaches out to you and listens to any suggestions that you would like to see. Many times these will be reflected in future upgrades. The Board is happy with the software, it is user friendly, displays well on computer, tablet, or phone. As an admin I am happy with the support whenever it is needed.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Those with all levels of technical abilities are comfortable using the product. When bringing on new Board Members the training time is very minimal as the software is pretty self explanatory. I can be used on multiple devices - phone, tablet or computer and keeps the same look through all devices. In addition to the ease of use, it is very easy to access reports from past meetings.

Cons

I can honestly say that I am satisfied. In the beginning there were a few little things like the display of meetings, but this has been fixed in a past upgrade.

Onboard Makes Life Easy

I love Onboard, I am an administrator of the product for my company and I use it daily to upload policies and procedures so that our BOD can review and give their input instead of calling meetings for that. It makes life so easy especially in this environment.

Pros

Ease of use Ability to schedule a meeting and create a book within the agenda with all necessary documents instead of emailing multiple documents. The ability to vote on on different documents and place signatures. Makes like easier. Can take minutes as meetings are ongoing. Customer service is top notch, they are always reaching out to ensure we are satisfied with the product. We use it to approve loans and do surveys. The ability to prevent downloading of sensitive documents, they are secure.

Cons

I would like them to incorporate MS Teams so that I can do everything via the software. I know they have zoom but MS Teams would be nice.

Best decision ever!

Our trustees love OnBoard. From the users perspective, it is perfect! From my perspective as the admin, I can't imagine an easier transition/implementation. Everyone I've worked with, from sales, through the implementation process, are professionals and willing to help me any way they can. No question goes unanswered. It has been an amazing experience and I'm excited to learn and utilize more of what OnBoard has to offer.

Pros

Very easy to use and implementation has been seamless.

Cons

Setting roles/terms was the most tedious part in our setup. Instructions were okay; it took the longest to understand.

OnBoard for Nonprofit Board of Directors

Thus far, I have used OnBoard to house all of our Board of Director-related documents, including agendas, meeting minutes, corporate materials, financial statements, etc. I have also been able to organize and execute one BOD meeting using OnBoard, and I found it very functional in keeping my board well-informed and well-prepared for their discussion.

Pros

As the Director of our Board of Directors, it is vital that we have an easy way to communicate with our Board members, and that they have easy access to documents, links, and meeting minutes and agendas. The OnBoard platform ensures that everything can be found in one place and that communication with th entire Board can happen easily, especially in regards to critical action items.

Cons

The only hiccup I have run into thus far, is when adding actions or documents to agendas, I have to make sure that my Board has access to them, or that they are "invited to them. I feel like it would be easier if access was automatically granted to all invitees of an agenda when the action or resource was added. I hope this makes sense.

OnBoard Review

We are new to OnBoard, using it just with a beta group at our last board meeting. We intend a full roll-out to the board at our next meeting in a few months. I have been very impressed with the product so far. In addition, the support I've received as far as training goes has been very helpful in getting our portal established.

Pros

I like the ease of creating meetings and then making changes and edits to those meetings. Having changes updated immediately and for those changes to be readily available is very important to us as we go through our book building process. Before using OnBoard, something as minor as a meeting location change would require emails to committee members, etc. Now, we just have to update the meeting in OnBoard and the information is accurate and up-to-date.

Cons

I would like more controls when it comes to the PDF version of the board book. Having the ability to add a bookmark or something to a page, where you can access it in a flash, would be helpful. Maybe this option is available and I just haven't figured it out yet.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that ease of use is really coming through for you and that you've changed your whole processes to better accommodate it. There are options to make annotations or notes and then search them. Maybe that would help? Either way, I will be sure to bring up a "bookmark" feature to Product.

Great product

Very positive experience. It has streamlined our board and committee preparation considerably.

Pros

Does everything I need it to; integration with Zoom; unlimited storage; ease of providing documents to board members and all committees; good looking/ease of use; responsive staff at OnBoard;

Cons

An initial learning curve for users, especially older ones; some work to do integrating storage in OnBoard with our existing document storage procedures

OnBoard Review

Pros

OnBoard is a very easy, intuitive system. I have only recently started using it (< 6 months) and feel it was very easy to learn and become proficient at in a short amount of time. We use OnBoard for all our Board and Committee meetings and communication. The eSignature function is one we have recently implemented and I love having it for our Board meeting signatures. The support team is awesome and quick to get back to me when I have questions. I would highly recommend this software.

Cons

There is very little I don't like about the software. The only thing it cannot do for me right now is incorporate an eSignature in with a survey. I would like to use the survey tool for the annual certifications our board and senior managers need to complete. I believe Passageways is looking at this being an enhancement in the future.

Idiot Proof Technology

We've solved the complex issue of getting vast amounts of information to our Board members in a timely manner prior to board meetings. With OnBoard you can upload the files as they are completed and the program automatically creates the board packet which is seamless. We can upload policies, reference documents, etc. in easy to use and find folders. The whole system is a tremendous time saver. As for support, the staff is excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and kind.

Pros

The features I like the most about this software is that everything is very intuitive. As a professional whose first or second language is NOT mine, I appreciate the way OnBoard developed this technology. It's super intuitive, easy to pick up and use and virtually idiot proof. I started using OnBoard sooner after I started this position and after some 30-minute training sessions and mucking about the site, I understood the programming well enough to strike out on my own.

Cons

If there is anything to like LEAST it most likely has to do with my "user error." The software is easy to use, super intuitive and easy for our Board members to use and access.

Onboard Review

Time savings on putting together board packets is wonderful. No comparison to paper. It's easy to use.

Pros

The ease to upload and change out updated docs at the last minute is great. The ability to download then entire book into a pdf is great too.

Cons

It's not that the software is difficult, it's getting older users to be able to login with their email and password and use the product to it's full functionality that I continue to struggle with and this is not something that support can fix. They have offered to do a training. Also, in the past - only users were able to change their passwords, now I think admin users can change passwords or initiate a password change and that is good.

Great Board Portal

My overall experience has been very favorable.

Pros

Easy to use both from an administrator standpoint and user. Great customer service.

Cons

Some changes in the recent upgrade have made me unhappy. The teams' responsiveness to my concerns has been quick and genuine.

OnBoard: Cost Effective and User Friendly

Overall experience has been smooth and easy

Pros

OnBoard is very user friendly for a variety of types of technology users. It is cost effective and can be used in a very simple way or more customized for fuller integration with other systems. The customer support is great as they are very responsive and friendly to work with and the online resources are also very helpful and easy to use.

Cons

Some suites have one or two elements that we would use but are only available in a bulk package at a set price so we can't fully pick and choose what we would use and not use.

Product just works as expected

It has been very easy to use and we have had very few times that we had need of support.

Pros

We liked that it was device agnostic. Some on our board were having difficulty reading documents on the iPad and are able to use their laptops now.

Cons

While the granular permissions are great, they are also the most frequent problem that we have. When a meeting/resource is created, the creator is the only admin unless they specifically give others admin rights. When we get support requests, the cause is typically because permissions on the meeting/resource weren't setup right and our other admins can't see the details to explain to the creator what is wrong. All we can do is say, "It's something in the permissions".

Good and secure meeting portal for distributed teams or groups

Nearly four years ago, our Board of Directors became geographically dispersed across multiple states which made dissemination of report packets via paper or non-portal electronic means impossible in a safe manner. OnBoard immediately solved this information security problem and also eliminated the needless wasting of many trees.

Pros

The product is easy to use and you can start your first meeting on the portal after just a couple days of setup for your groups and users (our total number of users across all groups is about 12 so more users will require additional setup time). It is very easy to build meetings with agendas and uploading documents is very easy.

Cons

All Adobe Acrobat bookmarks and markups including highlighting, comments, and added text are stripped out and lost when these documents are uploaded. Highlighting and added text (but not comments) can be retained if the original Acrobat documented is printed to a separate Adobe Acrobat file and then uploaded.

Intuitive, Time-Saving Platform

Overall, our experience with OnBoard over the last 3.5 years has been positive. It has saved us time and resources.

Pros

The product is easy to use and intuitive. My board members of various ages were all able to use it with no or minimal training. They are able to navigate and locate information easily. Board members who need to sign documents frequently have no difficulty using the electronic signature feature within OnBoard. Making last minute revisions to agendas and packets is fast and causes no delay in meetings. Overall, OnBoard saves time and gives all attendees the same experience with easy access.

Cons

OnBoard continues to improve its offerings. The only con as far as features is within electronic signatures. It would be ideal to make electronic signatures more customizable with rotating signature boxes and the ability to insert text and check boxes into documents.

Easy to use and a great value.

I reviewed six other companies when searching for new software for our company. When I did the demo for OnBoard I kept thinking that this software seems so easy and that I must be missing something. The more I reviewed and played around with the software the happier I was. OnBoard has not only been a huge time saver, but has made meeting preparation and follow up so much easier. The pricing was also far better than the other options I reviewed.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. The ease of the drag and drop feature to upload documents is really a time saver when populating meetings. Our Board of Directors have various levels of technical expertise and all found OnBoard to be quite easy to use. The mark up/comment tools are especially helpful.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about OnBoard. The software I previously used was very labor intensive and did not flow nearly as well.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are finding it easy to use and that you haven't found any cons yet is always nice to hear. If you need anything, please let us know.

ALL 5 Stars

My overall experience was and still IS amazing! The team is so responsive, my sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing as well. He is not the guy that makes the sale and ignores you. He has kept in touch with me throughout the transition and is always responsive when I need him, if ever.

Pros

I love that the software is super user friendly. We used a different portal previous to this one and even my board had no trouble transitioning.

Cons

The only thing I would say is a little annoying is the wait for the book to be built. Once you have all the docs in the binder it has to build the book, which is understandable but I wish it was just a half a minute faster.

Centralizing Information with Ongoing Demands

It has been a positive experience overall. They are there to support you and offer assistance when and where needed to help make your Portal a success.

Pros

The software offers so many options. It is wonderful to see all this information within one location tied together. You have additional features to build out off of the main software, which allows even more functionality. It can really become a powerful organizational tool if you carefully plan and implement this the right way.

Cons

When you start the planning process, it can be difficult to know where to start. There are so many tentacles and information that can be linked. Finding how it will be managed within your organization and sticking to that method is key. Otherwise the information will not stay up to date and becomes unreliable.

OnBoard supports Shared Governance

We have appreciate the support and ease of use. Since our move to working remotely our users have more readily appreciated OnBoard and how it keeps us organized. In higher education, our committees are the way we have shared governance with our faculty and stakeholders, so making those committees function efficiently is essential. OnBoard has helped us do that. We appreciate OnBoard's staff for the support and willingness to add features as needed.

Pros

OnBoard allows us to keep our many committees organized. Our organization can see who serves on each committee and members can access materials quickly. Our agendas are often very large with lots of attachments. OnBoard keeps us organized and on the same page with members being able to navigate through the large agenda and make notes. We can keep track our our action items by voting online and seeing how we are moving our organization forward.

Cons

Would love to have a way for limited proxy voting where a selected Admin could vote for a member who joins by phone and may not have easy access to vote. It might be nice to have subgroups within a committee, but the logistics of this would take some work to build.

Amazing upgrade from our last platform

Pros

We could not have asked for an easier transition and implementation. OnBoard is so user friendly and intuitive. Our directors and officers are very happy!

Cons

The data collection from meeting analytics continues to be a concern for us. From a legal standpoint, it increases exposure to our users and we feel very strongly that it should be an optional feature. The essence of this concern is a scenario where our board of directors becomes subject to litigation that centers around whether the directors met their duties. If OnBoard is retaining data about a...

OnBoard is the Backbone of Our Board & Committee Meeting Materials

A few small downs, but overall the team has proven ready and willing to help address concerns and challenges. The platform allows our entire organization to maintain a large number of organized meeting materials, and consistently enables creative solutions to fit our needs.

Pros

Ease of use. The platform is intuitive, easy to get accustomed to, and and functionality is logical.

Cons

The directory and groups. With over 500 users, it can be a bit cumbersome to manage all of our groups with the current functionality.

From day one, the attention I have received from the team has been second to none!

Please see my review comments

Pros

There are numerous things I like about this software! I appreciate how easy the software is to use. It has saved me hours of compiling paper documents for a board book. I can upload information as it comes to me in multiple file formats, and can reorganize the documents within the book effortlessly. When I first started using OnBoard, there were a few features that I had on my "wish list" (I wish it could do "x")--and the developers are so on top of things that I have seen many of my wishes come true as implemented features. They continually refresh the software to make it easier--not add extra steps like you can find with other software. And most of all, I value the immediate attention and service I receive from the team. They always pick up my call, and have an answer or solution ready.

Cons

There's a few minor things that could be tweaked, but overall it's an easy, clear and efficient system that has saved hundreds of hours and resource time and reduced the risk of mailing board books to members that live outside of our immediate area.

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! We are thrilled that this is a big time-saver for you, and I have passed along your compliments to the Support and Customer Success teams.