OnBoard Reviews - Page 5

Great product and great price

We really love this product. It's great for the price and easy for our end-users and boardmembers alike to use it, many of whom are not tech savvy.

Pros

This product allows us to setup multiple groups for different committees, board meetings, shareholder meetings, etc. as well as has a cloud based document repository for keeping files like our BCP and various reports. It is easy to create a meeting, add the group that you want to attend and add the content that you will share during the meeting.

Cons

Occasionally run into problems with certain features/bugs, but we see a fast turnaround on bug fixes.

Your Board needs Onboard!

I have nothing but good things to say about Onboard. I feel more organized, more in touch at the meetings because I am not shuffling papers,. I would and have recommended this product to other non-profits in a heartbeat.

Pros

What I like the most is the ease of access to the documents and that fact that I can make comments on these documents that I can save for future reference. I also like the calendar integration and the ease of getting into a meeting right from the software which is so much easier than digging for emails. When I talk to our board secretary who is our administrator, she tells me how much easier it is to use and how much time it saves.

Cons

The one thing I feel that is missing the most the document collaboration. I think that this would be a very useful tool to have included in this package. Other than that there really is nothing to dislike.

OnBoard Review

It has been pretty easy to learn and use

Pros

It is pretty easy to learn. I can usually figure out how to do something on my own. Seems pretty user-friendly so far.

Cons

I have not run into any problems or dislikes as of yet.

Review of the OnBoard Portal from an Administrative Assistant's point of view.

OnBoard has proven to be a great asset for our employees as well as our volunteers. When we have had issues with a feature not working to suit us, we have been able to make requests for product change or development - and many of those changes have happened. It's nice to know our opinions are considered and taken seriously.

Pros

We use the Calendar feature the most. All of our committee meetings are loaded to the portal, and we have been able to save a lot of paper waste with use of the portal. We have also enjoyed being able to add additional users to the portal as our needs grow.

Cons

While we do not use all features of the program, what we do use is working very well for us. The only feature that I am aware of not being conducive for us is the Survey. We had difficulty fitting our type questions in with the type of answers available, so we have not been able to use. But the Approvals and E-Signature features work well.

Robust but could be enhanced

Overall, OnBoard is a valuable tool due to its robust capabilities between housing archives as well as upcoming meetings in additional to providing a centralized location for important documents and resources.

Pros

Easy retrieval of information from past meetings is most beneficial.

Cons

When I'm looking at a prior meeting - anytime I exit out of that meeting I'm taken back to the current calendar rather than staying at that prior timeframe. Also, something like a drop-down to pick your timeframe you want to "jump" to would be much easier than needing to hit the back arrow over and over and over to get where you want to go.

Easy to Use and Quick to Figure Out!

We were able to set up OnBoard very quickly and being posting information about Board Meetings, remote access links, and Board documents right away.

Pros

My Board, my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], other Vice Presidents, and I all love how easy it was to learn how to use OnBoard. It is very intuitive.

Cons

I would like to see better branding options so we can add our own brand in more easily. That being said, the aesthetic of the platform is very pleasing.

OnBoard and beyond

Passageways has been a great company to work with - I highly recommend them both for their product as well as service. They continue to evolve and stay on the leading edge, always with the user in mind.

Pros

Our purpose was to initially do away with paper board packets and create something that the Board and committees could access easily and at any time. Giving them the availability to use their board packets on an iPad was a great turning point in becoming more efficient with our Board and volunteers.

Cons

There were a few things we asked them to change and it was implemented into their updates quickly.

Great Product at a Reasonable Price

Great product, great people. Really improved our overall process for preparing for Board and Executive Team meetings.

Pros

Easy to use product that streamlined the creation of our Board Package and has provided a secure way to get sensitive material to not only board members but members of the C suite as well. The ability to seamlessly add material to a meeting up to the last minute is alone worth the cost. Also you can tailor the material so it is only seen by those that need to see it. Easy to use -- you can train your administrative staff in a couple of hours on how to use the product, and you are off and running.

Cons

This is cloud based, so at times it takes the system a bit to save updates. You have to be very careful that you give it time or your changes are lost. Better annotation options would also improve the experience.

OnBoard Board Portal

Our overall experience has been great. The team is always quick to respond with questions and help us with tips and tricks to most efficiently and effectively use the product. The meetings are easy to build and edit and secure. Exactly what we were looking for!

Pros

I love that you can drag files from your computer right into the board report. I also really liked that you can upload many different kinds of files. Other programs had to be PDF's, creating the need to print every file to a PDF and duplicating much of the work.

Cons

After a recent update the agenda composition isn't as easy as it used to be. You used to be able to delete rows right within each row. Now you have to select the row and click the delete button up top. We have also ran into some loading issues when our board packets get too big. We have been able to break up the packets into different meetings but it would be nice if we could have each packet in one meeting.

No More Paper!

We used to print huge board packets twice monthly and even mail some of them to out of town board members. We save time and money with OnBoard, plus feel it's more secure this way than with the printed packets. We now use OnBoard for all committee meetings - NO MORE PAPER!

Pros

There have been many upgrades since we started using this product. I love the ability to import an agenda rather than manually adding each line item. It greatly reduced the time in building a packet.

Cons

I would like to see the pricing based on asset size rather than having to sign an additional contract and pay separately every time a new employee is added. It would be nice to be able to be able to add temporary or ad hoc users so they can attend a specific meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are finding the upgrades and and features useful to your bank. That's good feedback about asset size and is something I can bring up to our Sales team. Otherwise, isn't the paper saving a great feeling?

Recommendation of OnBoard

Meeting materials are maintained in a secure environment with OnBoard and eliminates email and paper distribution which reduces security risks, saves money and time.

Pros

As administrator, OnBoard is an easy to use and intuitive tool which streamlines meeting book management, distribution and maintenance of records. The ability to quickly present time- sensitive items for electronic board approval and signatures has been critical.

Cons

Survey builder could be more robust and user friendly.

OnBoard Experience

There are ample Board portals and I have had to do my due diligence on each one and their capabilities, and OnBoard was able to meet all my needs, very pleased with the decision.

Pros

The Governance add-on is very helpful and efficient. As we establish a new normal and meetings are virtual, it almost eliminates the unnecessary travel and inconvenience. From the Account Executive to the Implementation Team, it has been a very smooth transition.

Cons

The meeting minutes add-on will be a nice addition once it is released.

OnBoard - Ease of use

Pros

The software is incredibly user-friendly, great to use as an administrator, and visually appealing. It's very simple and straight forward yet offers a ton of functionality and features.

Cons

The only thing I would change about the software is the ability to customize the e-mails that Board members receive. For example, in our old system, when we'd want to send an RSVP e-mail it would give them the option to click the link in the e-mail to RSVP or when the packet was updated it was an e-mail stating "Your board packet has been uploaded for your review" rather than the Onboard's "A change has been made to the meeting".

OnBoard Implementation

Very positive. Our staff is the biggest problem - they need to start using it! Nearly everyone is trained and we loved the accessibility of the training and how easy it is to schedule one and get questions answered.

Pros

Agendas and documents are easy to load and maintain. Maintains calendar well and information disseminated easily.

Cons

Agenda features are very limited. Permissions get too complicated for people. It would be nice to have one lead administrator overall to help people. Having to go through layers for permissions is time consuming. I wish resources was easier to maintain.

Simple, excellent features

Both our administrators and our board members adapted to using OnBoard very quickly! Our primary user says she loves the product every time she prepares for another board meeting - OnBoard truly works for us!

Pros

Drag and dropping documents into agenda. Creating the agenda is setup quite nicely.

Cons

I have nothing to add here - we are quite satisfied.

OnBoard is a great board meeting sofware, easy to implement and use

great experience

Pros

1. We use the tab "Actions" for approval of time-sensitive items in between Board meetings. 2. we use the tab "Resources" as a library to retain all important documents we want the Board to access easily at their convenience. 3. The convenience of uploading board meeting packages with easy access for directors at any time from anywhere (phone, tablets, laptops, etc...) 4. use of annotations features on documents.

Cons

No meaningful things i don't like. Maybe the user interface on the homepage can be more attractive.

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! It's always great to hear about customers making such great use of the Resources section and how easy it is to use. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Excellent value

The tool has greatly streamlined our board meeting preparation. We use AGB OnBoard as a meeting tool, a materials repository, an orientation resource, a communication tool, and as an organizational hub.

Pros

AGB OnBoard is a functional tool that is priced right. The customer service and responsiveness is top-notch and the integration of AGB's resources add tremendous value for our board of trustees.

Cons

We wish we could edit materials right in the platform. The need to download and upload each time is cumbersome. We also wish that there were static links to posted resources.

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! We are so glad that the partnership with AGB is helping your institution. For the additional suggestions, please be sure to submit those to your Customer Success Manager.

Feedback

Our executive committees have all of their meetings and information in on place to access any time they want ti.

Pros

It is easy to use, but can be challenging with all the updates.

Cons

It always has a delay and then I am having to enter the information again if I try to go too fast.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad your board and committees are enjoying it and have everything they need. Otherwise, that's good feedback about the updates. If you ever feel like you need a run through of what was included, let your Customer Success Manager know.

OnBoard for a small trade association

Very positive. We are just starting to get our Board and Committees to use all of the functionality but COVID really made this platform a godsend for us during this time.

Pros

The ability to have all of our Board meeting materials including agendas and handouts in one place that is centered around the zoom platform is the right solution for our remote meeting needs.

Cons

Some of the file folders could be more intuitive in how they order documents. For example, documents are not ordered by date added which for our purposes would be better for folders that are building large numbers of files.

Features are limited, but overall good product

Pros

Everything is centralized in one place - calendar, announcements, board materials, etc.

Cons

I don't like that members cannot be invited to meetings through the software. For example, if I post a committee meeting and add the members that need to attend, OnBoard sends out a notification via email to the members that the meeting has been updated. This creates confusion because the members don't receive an invitation - just a notification that a meeting that may or not know about has been changed....

Streamlining board documents, calendars, contact information, and so much more!

This service is incredibly helpful for centralizing all calendars, files, announcements, surveys, and more.

Pros

We now have all of the files board members need in one central depository. We have a vibrant calendar that not only tracks RSVPs, but also eliminates the need for outlook calendar invitations. We also enjoy keeping the announcements pages lively and up-to-date.

Cons

The small idiosyncrasies that are easy to miss like granting permissions, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! Sounds like things are going well for you, and I'm glad it's helping to streamline your boards and information. That's good feedback about the permissions, and if you run into anything else, please let us know.

Great tool for engagement!

OnBoard has always been quick to help without any follow up. They have allowed us to increase our meeting productivity with ease.

Pros

This has allowed our Board members to be much more engaged then in the past.

Cons

It was a learning curve for everyone at the beginning.

Implementation for Board and Cabinet of University

Excellent! The implementation, training and then all follow up has been phenomenal. Questions are answered quickly. Our Board members have had an easy time using it from the start.

Pros

We now use OnBoard for all Cabinet Group Meetings, Trustee Meetings, and one on one meetings for President. We love being able to build the agenda and drag in all attachments without having to change them to PDFs. The resource section is very valuable to us to keep all our records in one place. Being able to set permissions for items is also extremely helpful.

Cons

The only complication we have come across is not being able to add a term without ending an end date for trustees.

OnBoard is a fantastic tool for any meeting!

Saves a ton of time! No more creating binders full of paper reports!

Pros

Ease of use for users and Administrators.

Cons

N/A - Nothing comes to mind.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so happy you are finding it easy to use for both administrators and board members. It's also great to hear that you don't have any cons at this time. If you need anything, let us know.

User-friendly Program

My overall experience as administrator is great. The program is easy to use and the people using it normally don't have any issues.

Pros

Overall, OnBoard is very user-friendly. I am able to create meetings and download content easily. I like the ability to view past meetings and to download documents when needed. The ability to vote on items is a n added bonus.

Cons

When composing an agenda, an "undo" button would be nice. At times, I want to delete a section but keep the subsection information. However, when I delete the section, the subsections get deleted as well. Thus creating more work. As administrator, I need to unlock passwords. I usually use my iPad when I'm at home (more often do to COVID-19) and am unable to do all of the administrative actions on it. I have to log on to my computer to do so.