OnBoard Reviews - Page 6

OnBoard is just what we needed

Our Board and Executive Team is happy with OnBoard and I believe they have found the transition from our previous board site to be simple and feel comfortable with the features and accessibility of OnBoard. A satisfied team makes and Exec Assistant happy! :)

Pros

We are only slowly moving into all the features, to keep our transition seamless. The ease of use is very important and evident with both me and with the team of 19 others using it. We were able to roll this out to our Board and Executive Team so they didn't feel a while new learning curve was necessary.

Cons

Integration with existing processes has been very smooth, with minimal questions. As to improvements or frustrations, they've been minor. One has been regarding the ability to change order on certain documents or files and needing label them a, b, d, or 1, 2, 3, etc...to get them in the order I want them. Another is that while I appreciate the analytics, I wish as an administrator, I had control over who sees the results.

Would purchase again.

We were using a competitor so we were already familiar with Board software. However, OnBoard offered many more updated features. The transition was smooth and easy for our Trustees to grasp.

Pros

Since we were already using a Board meeting portal, it was easy to make the switch. OnBoard offers more features and it is easier to navigate. Approvals, surveys and e-signatures are my favorites!!

Cons

There isn't anything that we don't like.

OnBoard Review

My experience over the past year has been great. My OnBoard representative responds quickly to questions, the help desk responds quickly if there is an IT issue, and the program itself has everything I need to create successful meetings.

Pros

OnBoard has many functions and tools that are useful and time efficient when creating meetings, creating board materials within the meetings, and so easy for the end user to navigate and use. I especially love that OnBoard partnered with Zoom so I can create virtual meetings that allows everyone to participate either by phone, virtual zoom and combo of the two.

Cons

I wish a calendar hold option would automatically pop in/populate for my board members instead of them having to rsvp first to autogenerate a calendar hold. The current way isn't bad, but not easily found/figured out either. I spend too much time explaining to members how to get a calendar hold for their meetings.

OnBoard - Review

It has been great and very useful over the years.

Pros

We like the ability to control access and downloads and have meeting where the individual can put their notes on the docs.

Cons

The voting function has not worked well for us.

OnBoard works well

Overall, our experience with OnBoard has been a positive one. We are using the technology to be more efficient and productive than what our past practices entailed allowing for more strategic discussions to be held .

Pros

OnBoard was easy to deploy for our board and board committee meetings. We now have all of our information available electronically, easy to access from anywhere and any device. It has provided much needed structure and organization to our meetings, allowing for more time to be spent on strategic discussions. We have also starting using the software for many other internal committees, to achieve the same benefits and reduce the amount of printing/paper that was needed in our past manual process.

Cons

As we conduct so many meetings on OnBoard, I have found it doesn't have a good way to organize them when you go back and look at past information.

Easy to Use

On-Board helps keep meetings flowing. It keeps us on task. It keeps our information in order and consistent. Better meeting flow leads to quicker (more productive) meetings which then leads to more time to do the things you have to do - probably tasks from the meeting. I can't imagine going back to the emailed agenda and 20 attached documents again. One place, one order and no printing...

Pros

I am on several committees that use this to organize our meetings. I really like the book feature. Having all of the agenda items in one place and in order for everyone helps the flow of the meeting. Everyone has the some information. Before - we would email attachments to everyone in the meeting. We would then email updated versions because something changed. Then in the meeting, we would have to describe which attachment you are on. Most would print out the attachments. Now that we are all viewing the same docs in the same order, meetings are more efficient and fewer docs need printed.

Cons

I would like a view that would allow me to view JUST the book - a popout of the existing window. A single sign-on feature would be nice as well. Could a link be created on the Portal to automatically launch and sign your user into On-Board?

Thank you so much for the review and suggestions! I am happy to say that single sign-on has been implemented. As for the other suggestions, I have sent those to our Product team. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact us.

I went from dreading using it to really appreciating all it can do

The customer service reps have been outstanding when listening to what we are trying to explain and then giving us clear instructions on how to solve what we "thought" was an issue. We feel like we are so experienced now ourselves that we have even helped another local company that also chose OnBoard as their board portal with their first electronic board meeting.

Pros

When my company chose OnBoard versus 5 other products we evaluated, we chose it for its pricing, clean appearance for the end-user, ease of customizing the sections we wanted to style ourselves and also for the ease of creating our board books as administrators.

Cons

When we made the investment in the Passageways software we accepted the fact that maybe the OnBoard portal wasn't as "fancy" as some of the competition's portals. Where other providers might have had what looked like an easier process for the administrators to use, we soon became very confident in our ability to make the OnBoard portal work for us just as easily.

Thank you for taking the time to re view OnBoard! I'm glad that we were able to turn around how you are feeling about it and that ease of use for you is really coming across. Otherwise, it's great to hear that our Support team was there to assist you. If you need anything, let us know.

Best Board portal we've used!

The customer service with OnBoard is top notch. Anytime we've needed help, they're ready. Setup was a breeze. We knew day one of our trial period that this was the portal we've been needing!

Pros

My favorite feature of OnBoard is the ease of use both for the administrator and the user. The portal our Board previously used was not nearly as user friendly for our Board members. I have heard no complaints from our Board since we've switched to this one! For the administrator, the features are nearly endless. Organizing this portal for our team was quick and easy, and everything is very easy to find.

Cons

The only feature this portal lacks that we would find helpful is a minutes builder. Although we have no problem having minutes written separately and uploaded to the portal, using the portal to create minutes as we move through the Board Book would cut our time spent on that in half.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that you and your board are finding it easy to use and that the feature set is great for you. Otherwise, I would suggest creating a template in Word, uploading it to OnBoard, and placing it into a new folder called "Templates" in your Resources.

OnBoard is a valuable asset to Board management.

OnBoard has saved administrative time, allowed for more collaboration and individual ownership over assigned items, and provided one place to house all things necessary for Board Meetings and information access.

Pros

Set up was easy, intuitive. The customer service team was helpful in training both staff and the board members in usage. It's a simple software that covers everything we need. The collaborate aspect has saved a lot of admin time, and gives ownership and responsibility to the management team. Approvals - with or without signatures - are so easy to get now. Everything can be kept in OnBoard - from docs, to approval records, to minutes, to meeting links. There is less work to do outside of the software now. The Minutes Builder has been amazing - it saves so much time in formatting, saving, sending around for review, etc.

Cons

The only thing outstanding that could be improved is the delegation/assignment of time in an agenda. Small feature. OnBoard continues to improve itself, and is very open to hearing from customers about improvements they could make.

Efficient to use and professional

Preparation for Board meetings are more efficient & collaborative, I can show and discuss them with my chair in advance. I often used to update papers after my PA had printed and emailed things out, requiring follow up information - we no longer do that.

Pros

My PA and I now have a collaborative approach to developing board agenda's and papers It's saved huge amounts of time We no longer email confidential papers Trustees like having everything in one place Being able to share and read annotations made by board members in advance of the meeting helps me to prepare

Cons

Nothing I didn't like - you just need to take time to familiarise yourself with its use

OnBoard is the answer to efficiency

I think OnBoard is great. It has helped me to be more efficient when it comes to getting our meeting packet to our board members each month. I can assign other individuals in the bank to upload their documents into the book, I don't have to upload everything. I can notify everyone with one click that the agenda/book is available for review. All the board members have one secure location to access the board packet; rather than sifting through tons of emails to find the one I sent to them.

Pros

The ease of use. I love that I can just drag and drop my documents into OnBoard. I don't have to browse for them. I love that I can keep adding documents to the book right up until the start of the meeting. It is very easy for my non-technical staff to use. The support staff at OnBoard is excellent. Everyone has been very helpful and very timely. Every time I've had a question, I had the answer easily within 30 min of emailing them.

Cons

The voting is a very nice feature. It is just a little cumbersome for my board to use. It takes them to a different screen to vote, then they have difficulty getting back to the book. When we have multiple agenda items to vote on, they also get a little confused as to which view approval to click. If that could be reworded to say vote for approval of "name of approval item". We usually have about 10 different items to vote on during each board meeting. Another feature I would like to see is maybe an option to have minutes created after the meeting with who approved, denied or abstained from the voting in each item.

Usability

In general, I feel very satisfied with the performance and with the security implemented.

Pros

Is a very secure software with a very intuitive Graphical User Interface. I think it covers everything that a Board of Directors requires to develop its functions. I have the opportunity to require support from their Contact and Support Center, They answered properly and fast.

Cons

Some Bugs in its recent system upgrade, I reported to them and I'm waiting for the final solution

Getting "OnBoard"

What I really enjoy about OnBoard is the support. The support team is very efficient and reliable. Always ready to help and gets things done quickly.

Pros

What I really like about OnBoard is that the application is easy to get around and developing the pages are easy. You don't have to know programming to make changes.

Cons

I have nothing wrong to say about the updated software. We did run into some compatibility issues with the older software, which is mainly our fault for not being up to date with the software.

Such a Time-Saver!

It is a HUGE time-saver!!! That is definitely the best thing about it for me. When all you need to do is copy and then drag and drop files, it goes so fast. I would not want to do my job without OnBoard!

Pros

OnBoard has been so easy to navigate and learn how to use. We have the same meetings each month and I especially love that I can just copy a previous meeting and it will automatically have all of the attendees' roles assigned and all of the same sections bulleted out. It saves me a lot of time putting material together. When I have to make last minute changes, all I have to do is drag and drop the material in and it shows up right away for everyone. I also love the Resources tab. Now I have a place to put documents that aren't necessarily for a particular meeting, but that people may need to refer to at different times and they know right where to find them.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything that I don't like. The video tutorials are so helpful. If there is a feature I haven't used yet, I go there first and feel comfortable using it right away. I have not needed to reach out to any other support because the videos are so thorough.

Try OnBoard

Excellent. Their customer service is about the best I've seen, and they are continually making improvements to the platform.

Pros

Updating meeting schedules, content and board books has become so much easier. It also centralizes announcements, allows board members to vote between meetings on consent agendas, resolutions, other action items, and take surveys.

Cons

The survey feature does not allow for as much customization as other tools (can't we integrate a calendar feature or customize drop down menus, please?) We also had trouble uploading our data because of a large international contingency, but OnBoard customer service is excellent.

Very User Friendly

Pros

When I began my current position, one of my first tasks was becoming familiar with the OnBoard platform and disseminate plans for its use across campus. Initially the platform seems pretty complex and a little overwhelming. In very short time, I was quite comfortable with OnBoard and began constructing use-specific user guides for the community and holding virtual tutorials for individual overview. Generally speaking, the entire campus community found OnBoard to be very user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

I'm not sure I have quite enough experience with the platform to have any thorough thoughts about how it could be bettered. My interactions, and those of others I'm aware of, have been quite positive and straightforward.

Great Board Software

I have had a very positive experience with OnBoard. I had to call tech support about an issue about a couple of months ago. The tech support person was very knowledgeable and even though my issue was out of the norm, I was informed about an update that night that might fix the issues. The tech support person called me the next day to see if the issue had cleared up and sent an email also to make sure it was resolved. I appreciate their follow up and concern they have for their customers.

Pros

OnBoard software was easy to integrate with our business processes and use. I use it monthly to type the agenda and upload documents for our monthly board meeting. I also found that using it to send travel information to the board members reduces the amount of paper they carry with them. I upload each member's flight information, hotel confirmation, meeting agendas, etc. and it is on their iPad or other device when needed.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to highlight on a PDF file. Most of our documents are PDFs when I upload them and it would be nice if the documents could be highlighted.

OnBoard for Board Meetings

Overall, experience has been really good. Nice to be in the 21st century with electronic board packets.

Pros

I am on the board and I like using the portal because it's easy to access what you need to look at and review prior to the meeting. It also saves us a lot of paper which saves some money and some trees.

Cons

Sometimes it feels not quite intuitive enough for people who are less tech-savvy. It took us all a while to figure out how to rotate documents for instance. I also wish I could access documents separately from the whole book. We have a lot to upload and it takes a long time.

Josh Vinar - Liberty Capital Bank

Overall good, especially recently we have few to no issues and our older committee members now have significantly fewer issues getting logged in. (Although now that I say that, there will defiantly be one for the next meeting)

Pros

I find the ease of creating/adjusting meetings to be the best part. What we did before was stone age compared to this product.

Cons

I think that based on how we use the product the thing I like least or would like to see as an improvement would be to be able to invert the list or sort the list of past meetings? Or possibly be able to set up the "Template" meetings as the first ones in the list. This is a minor inconvenience, but we have somewhat built master meetings for our ongoing committees and they show up at the end since they are the oldest meetings.

Useful but they take separate the most useful parts and make you pay more for them.

Preventing the sending of confidential board information via email and download of same.

Pros

Very intuitive. You can prevent downloads. The Board Book is great for organization.

Cons

I can't upload more than one item simultaneously to the Board Book. I would like to drag and drop from folders to the Board Book.

Intuitive, reliable, & slick interface!

Rollout was smooth. Passageways Support was there to assist thought the process. Anytime we have an issue, which is not often, support is quick to respond and resolve.

Pros

The absolutely critical thing about OnBoard that my organization liked the most was that it was very easy to use. The board and committee members needed a solution that required little to no training. Onboard fulfilled that need.

Cons

I really can’t think of anything currently bad about OnBoard. At one time, we had an issue with annotations saving reliably, but support worked very hard to get to the source of the issue and fixed it permentanylny. Everything works perfectly now. Our users are quite happy with OnBoard.

Thank you so much for the review! We really try to make ease of use our top priority when incorporating updates into our software. I will definitely pass along the huge compliment to our Support team as well.

Use on OnBoard as an Admin and User

We use OnBoard for all of our Board and Committee meetings, both internal and external. Obviously it has eliminated use of paper and all information is generally available or can be accessed in this portal.

Pros

Easy to use as both an admin and as a reader/user. You really do not need any formal training. We have not had any major issues with usage, making the product very dependable.

Cons

Least...scrolling back through past meetings when you are looking for something in particular and not having the ability to somehow use a search.

Best Board Portal

Our Organization has become much more efficient and organized since using this Board Portal

Pros

I love the ease of access and it is so user friendly.

Cons

The approval function needs a little tweaking, at least from our perspective, but the overall voting piece is very easy to use.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are finding the software easy to use and that your board is enjoying using it. As for the Approvals section, I will have your Customer Success Manager reach out to you to discuss how we can make it better. Otherwise, let us know if you need anything.

Our Board loves the OnBoard Platform!

OnBoard provides an affordable and easy platform for access to our board documents. Trustees can access OnBoard through their iPad or their mobile phone.

Pros

The Dashboard of OnBoard is easy navigation as you are looking for meetings, resources, etc.

Cons

We had one issue with the click-on feature with our files in an Open Book

I am On Board for OnBoard!

Customer service has been great and is always ready to help.

Pros

I love that I can designate permissions for specific agenda items, not just the entire packet. Additionally, the fact that it is web-based and I can make changes anywhere at any time allows me far greater flexibility than my previous digital certificate based portal.

Cons

Sometimes it can take 2-3 minutes to "Build" the packet when you add one additional document.

Thank you so much for the review! When the board packet "builds", it completely refreshes and rebuilds everything, so that's why it may take longer. Hope this clears things up, and I'll be sure to pass the compliment along to the Support team.