OnBoard Reviews - Page 7

Good product

Pros

It is easy to use it on the iPad and the tech support is great.

Cons

Setting up the meetings can take a lot of clicking, and it isn't always obvious where you need to go.

OnBoard by Passageways

Pros

- It's very intuitive for both users and administrators - Everything is automatically saved - Being able to notify users when a package is posted - Using the online voting tool between meetings - Great customer support!

Cons

- high frequency of emails when documents are posted to the resource library - inability of one of our board members to access OnBoard using his screen reader (we're working on it though!) - would like to be able to set up virtual meetings

Thank you so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear that those features are so helpful. Your Customer Success Manager should be able to help with the challenges you are having.

Excellent Board Tool

Customer support has been excellent!

Pros

Although we are still new to the software, an instant positive for us was the ability to set up/ join Zoom from within the meeting agenda. In addition, it seems to offer more functionality than what we previously had. It is simply amazing the amount of time and paper that has been saved not to mention the hundreds of (organized) documents that can be quickly and easily accessed.

Cons

Still fairly new, I have found nothing that I would consider a Con. I am curious as to why a "start time" must be entered when an approval is created, I can understand the ending time.

Board Meeting Organizer

This software has been great and saves a lot of time. I used to have to print out all materials and create a spiraled book for Board Members to use during board meetings. This software has been a lifesaver and saves so much time. It is also very easy to use and saves money and paper because everything can be viewed online during meetings.

Pros

This software is great for organizing board meetings and board committee meetings all in one place. Board Members are able to see what meetings they are expected to attend each month. They can also view materials ahead of time and is a great location for resources.

Cons

When Board Members RSVP in OnBoard for a meeting, the administrator is not notified or alerted to the RSVP. So if they forget to sign in and check the attendance regularly, they may not see that someone responded.

Effective Board Management

I cant recommend OnBoard enough having come from using another product, the Customer Service you received from OnBoard has been 5 stars I can not thank them enough.

Pros

The portal is easy to use and makes preparation of board and subsidiary meetings far less cumbersome. Board members and staff find the portal easy to use, there are a great deal of user guides if you do ever get stuck.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that we dislike.

Very intuitive board portal

Using OnBoard has improved the process of document distribution and creation. The two-factor authentication feature was critical for our organization.

Pros

Our Board was "on board" with the portal immediately - the interface is extremely easy to use and very intuitive. Having our directors use the portal was the most crucial criterion for adoption. There is no perceived value for an app extensively used by our organization's administration but not by our Directors. Customer service and support have been outstanding. The two-factor authentication won us over - it's easy to use and addresses our security concerns.

Cons

There are little things but nothing I would consider major: I would love to customize our agenda to include our logo, I would love for the app to convert to pdf each individual document included in the Board book.

A Game-Changer for Managing a Board of Directors

The customer service is incredible! The few times I've run into an issue they have been so quick with follow-up to promptly address the problem and fix it. They are also great with training new Board members as needed.

Pros

OnBoard has become our central hub for ALL things Board related. It has revolutionized the ease of communication, accessibility to resources and documentation, meeting preparation, and calendar of events. No more binders FULL of paper and reprinting when documents need updating - just upload the new file and everyone has it. The site is very intuitive and easy to navigate and organize. I can't imagine a Board world without OnBoard!

Cons

Honestly, what's not to love. OnBoard has continued to add new features that make the product increasingly valuable and helpful.

OnBoard Software

As with every company, 2020 brought on some special challenges. The biggest was how/what was going to replace in person meetings. How can we continue to reach out to our Board. Zoom was a game changer, and was a great foundation. But for our committee & Board meetings the OnBoard software will definitely fill in all the gray areas that we were left with. I am actually very excited for the rollout of this software to our Staff and Board.

Pros

I am the one that makes up our Board documents and takes minutes for the Board Meetings. The binders practically build themselves with the software. The minute taking feature I have not yet been able to 100% investigate, but from what I can tell so far, its going to be a life saver.

Cons

I must admit, I was hesitant and extremely intimidated. But like anything else the initial set up and tweaking takes the most time. Once that was in place, just the ease of using the software was a pleasant surprise, for sure. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing form the beginning to where we are now, and I look forward to our continued progress with her. She has taken "customer service" to the next level, we are so fortunate to have her.

Essential for Future Board Relations

In this new reality where virtual board meetings are essential to keep everyone safe, we felt ahead of the curve by already having partnered with OnBoard. Nearly all of our boards were already implemented and accustomed to the OnBoard portal, which made the transition to virtual meetings so much easier. Having an electronic board book makes last minute material edits a breeze instead of a nightmare!

Pros

This software is very easy to use and integrated smoothly into prior business practices. My favorite feature is the board book assembly. No more standing next to a printer for hours on end to assemble board books after spending hours organizing materials on your computer.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the management of permissions for every meeting and resource. The majority of our board meetings are open so we do not closely monitor access from member to member. However, we recognize we might be unique in this aspect and have benefited from the ability to manage permissions in certain scenarios in the past.

OnBoard for NonProfit Boards is Definitely Worth a Look! User Friendly!

Our experience has been favorable. The implementation team has been attentive, available and have answered all of our questions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been awesome and extremly helpful. Two user trainings have been completed and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has offered to schedule another training if necessary. As mentioned previously, we look forward to resolving accessibility issues. We appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] efforts in assisting in resolving our accessibility concerns.

Pros

The layout is user friendly regardless of end user's levell. From an administrator perspective, OnBoard offers ease in configuring the organization and simplicity inviting users. We just launched the software and look forward to providing more feedback over the next few months.

Cons

Because we have users who are either visually impaired or blind, accessibility is an issue. The tool is not currently accessible. We are encouraged by Passageways efforts to meet this highly necessary requirement and look forward to OnBoard being fully accessible for our users.

OnBoard First Steps

Overall, my experience has been positive. I am confident that I will become more familiar with sections of OnBoard as I use it more. The assistance that comes from OnBoard is terrific and very helpful when learning.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was it's ability to build agendas, add to agendas and having everything in one place. For years I have had to copy agenda packages and mail them out. This was very time consuming so OnBoard has taken away all of that work and expense. I also think what I liked the most about the software was the admin assistance to OnBoard that I receive with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is a great instructor and trainer which has been extremely helpful.

Cons

I am not thrilled about the layout of some of the help sections. I find it tricky to navigate. I wish everything was in one place - with a Table of Contents or one complete book of help menu options, rather than jumping from screen to sub-screens. I end up losing where I left off if trying to do a complete review and training OnBoard.

OnBoard is a Game Changer

Pros

Thanks to OnBoard, our communication and effectiveness has improved significantly. We save time and energy having all aspects of our Board work in one location. I'm also grateful that everything is saved and documented so that we have exemplary record keeping. I'm not sure how my organization managed all of our Board details before we chose OnBoard.

Cons

I have enjoyed all aspects of the OnBoard experience.

The perfect board companion

Pros

OnBoard was a welcome addition to our Board meetings. After using a homegrown paperless option for many years, we sought a more stable alternative with the right functionality. OnBoard fit the bill. It doesn't try to do too much while providing our Board members with a user friendly environment to access materials and stay current on Board meetings.

Cons

As with any move to a vendor provided solution, the cost is always something to adjust to.

Worth the investment

Overall OnBoard has been a very positive addition to how we prepare and manage our meeting agenda and documents. Our biggest challenge has been getting participants to utilize more of the features of OnBoard so we can realize even greater benefits.

Pros

The software gives us an easy to use platform to securely organize all the relevant documents, agenda and information for our meetings. This has greatly improved our meeting preparation process from the manual way we did it before. Also, having the history of all the meetings to easily look back on is really nice.

Cons

Some document types (PowerPoint and others) difficult to work with in OnBoard.

Best Board Portal Software Available

OnBoard has been great. The care team helped through every step of the process, from implementation to continued and ongoing support. They are very responsive to feature requests and are constantly working to improve the platform and add useful features. It has evolved a lot (for the better) even since our implementation just under a year ago.

Pros

OnBoard is a "one stop shop" for all matters related to Board business and Board Meetings. It can host not only meeting information, but policy manuals, communications, eSignatures, and more. It has streamlined more than just our meetings.

Cons

Export formatting/customization could be better, but the fact that the software is able to export data is very useful. I have to reformat agenda exports quite a bit to fit our standard, but at least I'm not starting from scratch. The export function is still very useful.

Board and Loan Packet management at it's best!

What sets on Board apart is the customer service and follow up from the company. They follow up and legitimately note and concerns and act on your input on product designs and enhancements.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use across different classes of devices. Simple and straightforward interface that is each to teach to staff. Meets compliance and security best practices and standards.

Cons

Note taking isn't as fluid or simple as it could be. The voting feature isn't as fluid or simple as it should be.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are finding the system flexible and easy to use. Please let us know how the note-taking and surveys could be better, and we will definitely look into it for you.

CDPHP and OnBoard

The experience has been fantastic, especially comparing to our last portal.

Pros

It is very easy for our board members to use and navigate.

Cons

I dont really have any con's about OnBoard.

OnBoard Review from Ronald McDonald House Charities of Rochester, NY

OnBoard support has been great. Savings to the organization because all meetings are paperless since using OnBoard.

Pros

All the documentation is in a central location with the ability to share with Board and Committee members. User friendly.

Cons

Inability to search for members availability for setting up meetings. Not a live broadcast, still need to use a conference call feature.

Paper Saver & Easy to Use

I haven't encountered any issues with OnBoard and my experience has been positive. The only issue, and it isn't really a big issue, is the Zoom integration feature doesn't work well for us because it doesn't permit use of all the typical Zoom tools. We implemented a workaround for this reason.

Pros

It's easy to use and streamlines our board and committee meeting process. It's easy to make last minute changes and easily disseminate information to everyone on the board or committee.

Cons

The price continues to increase, but at this point the software is still worth the cost.

Not what I expected

File sharing with my board and document storage

Pros

Creating agendas is a breeze. It's easy to assign a task on the agenda to a user.

Cons

You can't drag and drop files to organize them once you have them uploaded to a folder . You have to upload them in the order you want them. I do not have the ability to accept invitations to meetings for my users. When you send meeting requests from the calendar, you cannot send a note with it. The Survey feature is not user-friendly. The choice fields have limited character spaces, but you don't know that - I had to figure it out on my own. I kept getting an error and it wouldn't save. Support usually gets back to me after I figured out how to solve the problem on my own.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! Sorry to hear that things have been a bit tough for you. I will definitely have Jenni reach out to you to see how she can assist. Otherwise, I'm glad you are mostly finding it easy to use.

OnBoard - Easy to use and saves time

It is very easy to use and helps report generators to save time. The admin functionality is extremely user friendly and the product is easy to use for boards of all ages. This product has saved a lot of board meeting prep time, improved on the ease of getting information to board members, allows for more information to be made readily available and able to go back to information previously presented. The system allows for a secure method of getting private information to members that need to review information to make sound business decisions.

Pros

1) Easy to use for board members 2) Saves time for report preparers 3) Allows for more information to be made available 4) Secure method of dissemination private information

Cons

None at this time - It has been a positive experience

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm glad to read that this is making both you and your board members lives easier, plus that you are feeling secure with the software. No cons is a great thing, so thank you!

Beacon Credit Union

Overall experience with the system has been a positive one. Beacon has not had any major issues with this program.

Pros

I train and set users up in this system. I like how it has helped those staff who use it on committees save TONS of paper. It helps to keep their meetings organized and allows users to view the agenda/items ahead of time to better prepare for their meeting.

Cons

It does not have functionality to support video conferencing. Our Board sometimes meet in different areas or travel out of state so would be helpful if OnBoard came out with this feature.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that paper savings is really happening at your credit union and that it's helping get organized before a meeting. That's great feedback about the conferencing, and I will bring it up with Product. If you need anything else, let us know.

Review from a credit union

The team at OnBoard are great to work with, always helpful.

Pros

Benefits: i) drag and drop feature (previous portal I had to upload docs twice, was quite difficult to use); ii) once all docs are added, you can open it like a book to scroll through (previous portal I had to upload all pdfs then combine to make single pdf - this was very time consuming, especially if you needed to edit); iii) you can download agenda/book; iv) easy to add new users; v) easy to edit permissions, agenda.

Cons

Cons: The Resources section - it is not set up to organize how I would like. I don't like how I cannot see everything on one screen (I have to keep clicking 'next page' to see to the end of files). I cannot move the documents in place how I would like.

Easy to Use & Convenient for All Users

For an administrator, overall OnBoard has made it easy to share meetings and meetings materials to all the Directors. It eliminates the hassle of having to email the package to all directors and having it be rejected because the file is too large.

Pros

Uploading and integrating the agenda is quick and easy. There's no hassle to it. I just need to drag and drop it into the agenda section I want. Also, the configuration of how OnBoard can transfer my word doc agenda to their portal and keeping the format intact is fantastic !

Cons

I might be nitpicking, but searching through the past meetings has been difficult. When I click onto a past meeting and want to go back to the list page, I have to manually search it again. Can we add a search for past meetings? Or is there a way for me to go back without having to search it again?

Great Product

We have board members all over the United States and it was expensive and difficult to get them meeting materials before meetings in an efficient and cost effective way. Being able to post documents as we develop them and ahead of meetings has been great. Regular updating ha been good. We should start using the group edit function to allow the board members to have input on documents is our next step. Overall great functionality

Pros

I like the value for the investment we've made and now that we are more comfortable with it, the software is proving to be a great resource especially since we have board members all over the country.

Cons

It can be cumbersome creating and using the agenda, especially as we upload documents to specific agenda items. You also have to use it a lot to get comfortable with creating agendas and then editing. If there was a step-by-step cheat sheet one could have access to it would help. I don't use the software every day so when I do post items and create agendas I find myself having to basically start all over again.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that you are finding the software to be a great resource for your team and that you are enjoying the functionality. Otherwise, that's good feedback about the agenda, and I will bring that to Product.