All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

OnSemble Reviews

Pros

The Support Team is great, the software is solid and the product is growing (new releases & features), all signs of a stable organization and good experience.

Keith M.

Read the full review
It is safe to say, I feel a lot more comfortable now than I did 2 years ago. Something may break, but tech support does an amazing job of reaching out and resolving it for you.

Jonathan C.

Michelle K.

Read the full review

Cons

There's so much you can do with the platform I worry we aren't fully utilizing it.

Emily P.

Read the full review
The inability to feed all departmental calendars into one main calendar.

Heather W.

Read the full review
If I had to list one thing, it would be that some of the features were difficult for me to figure out at first (basic portal page editing).

Shane K.

Read the full review

Terrific software with an even better support team behind it!

The highlight of using OnSemble has been the team at Passageways. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was an absolutely invaluable resource and helped solve virtually every one of our business needs and "wins" we wanted for launch. She was full of ideas for solving problems and made herself very available for assistance. On the support side, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has also proved to be a massive help and great resource. Always willing to help and fixed our tickets in a very quick timeframe. The people and team alone make OnSemble a great choice!

Pros

This product is very easy to get set up, using a mixture of basic HTML and drop-n-drag elements to build pages in minutes. It's definitely feasible to build out a department in minutes and hours, through a pretty user friendly interface. You also don't have to sacrifice a lot of control for the ease of use, as you can easily code in what's needed, or can adjust templates on the fly. It allows a ton of customization as well, which gives your team a lot of options for set up and functionality. There's also a lot of features included in the price, which really raises the value when comparting to similar options.

Cons

Our issues mostly have been with some of the specific modules called "islands". Some are more robust than others, and we were not able to replicate everything that we wanted given some restraints of the islands. They also prove to be difficult to work with in a few cases. Calendars, for example, offers some nice features but has some quirks that has prevented us from utilizing it for the whole organization. That being said, these islands get updated and changed over time, so some of our issues could get fixed.

Fostering team info and collaboration

OnSemble gives our staff one place to go for organization-wide information. We can reduce emails in inboxes by archiving what's important. Onboarding new staff is easier when they have this hub to go to for HR information, department links, promotions or the employee directory . We love it!

Pros

We were able to customize our portal with our own unique branding and style. Creating, editing and maintaining the framework is really easy and help is available anytime we need it.

Cons

One of the pros can be a con if you aren't sure of your vision for your site. Though the system is really easy to use it does have a lot of complexity to it to be able to offer the extent of the customization options. Learning about all it can do is perhaps for people smarter than me! But, the implementation team and ongoing support helps get you through.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I am so glad that you were able to really make it your own, and it's great to see that you made it a central hub for everyone. If you ever need anything, your Customer Success Manager is always there too.

Passageways Employee Intranet

OnSemble has been a great one stop shop resource for our staff. We’ve streamlined several processes and reduced the amount of email received. It’s created a fun environment for our staff.

Pros

Continual updates. We’ve been using Passageways for a long time but hadn’t kept up with upgrades. Upon relaunch, we were happy to be able to take advantage of many enhancements that have been provided along the way.

Cons

There are things that could be streamlined with building tools and roles/permissions. Sometimes, the site is buggy.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! We definitely appreciate that you've been a long-time customer. Continual updates will definitely be something that is important to us in 2020, so you can look forward to a more streamlined portal.

OnSemble by Passageways

Pros

I think the best selling point for this software is the support, because it doesn't matter what something looks like if it doesn't work. The OnSemble support team is absolutely excellent. Their response times are usually same day, and everyone is friendly and helpful above and beyond the minimum to get the customer off the phone and out of their hair. When you pair that wonderful support experience with the functionality and flexibility of their actual software product, no other intranet I've experienced compares. Our portal allows us to create a website-like experience for our users, increasing engagement and giving us a better ROI than other options I've used in the past.

Cons

This is something that their developers are working to upgrade, but many of the modules have aspects that look a little outdated design-wise or don't have the ability to customize colors and fonts the way I'd like in an ideal world. However, this is very minimal, and as I said, something their team is working to correct.

OnSemble, Our Most Reliable Team Member

With our portal, we solved a consistency in documents issue we were experiencing. Since implementation, we have been able to ensure both locations have the most up to date documents on hand in the portal's document repository. We also solved the need for a shared calendar for all staff with the portal. We have provided our staff with a virtual Professional Development corner, containing a lending library, complete with motivational and professional development books employees can check out.

Pros

The document repository, ease of use, and infinite possibilities for custom pages are amongst my favorite features of OnSemble.

Cons

Most of our initial concerns with our portal were put to rest with the latest version update. We have experienced few issues with the portal since implementation. Any issues that arise are easily solved by the top notch Passageways Support Team or simply by emailing our extremely helpful and knowledgeable Passageways CSM.

Look No Further - OnSemble is the Intranet Software to Pick!

Overall, I absolutely love OnSemble! The software itself is pretty amazing. The ease of use and vast amount of modules offered made this a no-brainer decision for us. The people that work at Passageways are some of the nicest, most supporting people I have ever dealt with. They have made the whole process (setup, implementation, maintenance, etc) the best experience. You can't really ask for more when working with a third-party vendor!

Pros

1) Easy to learn how to create/build 2) Amazing Support Team - every person/department I've dealt with has been ridiculously helpful 3) Minimal training time - OnSemble is very easy for staff to adapt to. 4) The built-in modules are amazing and help with pretty much any need we've had with our Intranet. 5) Did I mention the people? Because I really enjoy working with everyone at Passageways!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about this software is the responsive web design. When moving between different screen sizes - some islands on the page overlap.

Great intranet software

Positive, It's a really nice intranet software with a small profile.

Pros

The simplicity (once the project team gets you on your feet) is much better than alternatives. We switched from Sharepoint because of the administrative overhead.

Cons

The lack of features compared to Sharepoint. I would have liked for there to be SQL reports accessible through the intranet like sharepoint.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm so glad that things are much easier after making the switch and that you think it's going well. I will be sure to ask about SQL reporting. If you need any help, please let us know.

Loving our new intranet

Pros

The modules and islands. Not only can you choose your site's functionality, but the options on a single content page allowed us to reconfigure our navigation and provide more useful content per page.

Cons

Not much of anything bad to say. The platform works smoothly, is a huge improvement over our previous platform, and the support is spectacular.

OnSemble Customer Service is fantastic

The customer service has always been amazing. The Team is always there to reply and help as quickly as possible. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular is an all-star who goes above and beyond what it takes to get stuff done. We're really appreciated having her work on our file.

Pros

I like that you are able to restrict access to different parts of your Portal. This is a wonderful customization feature that allows us to connect with users in different ways.

Cons

The back-end can be restrictive when trying to design pages. I also wish that it was easier to move documents around from folder to folder and that the folder icons were larger.

Customized intranet portal to fit our corporate culture & needs

Pros

It is completely customizable! Our portal does not look like anyone else's - though we were able to look at other portal designs for inspiration. There are so many portal features to choose from that we could pick and choose what we believed would work best for our team members. Also, there is a lot of room to grow! Our portal changes constantly as we incorporate new pages and features.

Cons

It is important to ask a lot of questions during implementation. Some features have some hidden idiosyncrasies that we're not positive we would have known about if we hadn't asked about something else. While they do have 24/7 support, when you ask a question, you are often sent an article back so you have to troubleshoot on your own. They have pushed all support into an online ticketing system - picking up the phone isn't an option anymore. Be prepared if you have a question to receive links to articles, rather a direct answer to your specific question.

Loving our OnSemble Intranet - Compass

OnSemble has given us a mechanism to have more current communication without blasting out ALL emails. The central repository for resources and documents has proven to help keep documents up to date and reduce duplication. The help desk module has streamlined several processes. Overall, we are happy with OnSemble. It has brought us more current with our practices and is helping to get away from using email blasts and server folders for everything. After a year, we are still learning and revising and updating and refreshing. We are looking forward to additional updates to take some of the pain points away from our current version.

Pros

We were looking for a one-stop-shop for employee communication, documentation and other processes needing streamlined. OnSemble has provided a great platform for this. While it has not solved all our internal needs, it has provided a valuable, flexible and fun resource. *Central repository for documentation, policies, procedures and forms, etc. *Search function that makes finding documents a snap. *Ability...

Cons

*System Permissions module seems to be a bit out of date and does not appear to have upgrades to its functionality. This was a feature we were hoping to use more robustly. *Forms module appeared to be something we could utilize, but does not customize as easily as we had hoped. However, we know other users have used it successfully. *There are periodic bugs that don't seem to make sense or will only be repaired with updates. *There is a risk of creating too many layers of permissions, making it cumbersome and confusing if you do not create a good mapping from the onset. *Implementation seemed a little clunky, but it may have been we did not know the right questions to ask in the beginning.

Amazing solution

I can't say enough about the Passageways experience. Onboarding, support, guidance, and training is impressive. We have access to an expert customer success manager literally at any time during the day if we get stuck. We are encouraged to ask for training calls with no limit. Our CSM has actually helped us design and solution, based on our needs. I have never had such an amazing experience with a vendor.

Pros

This software does it ALL. We initially were searching for a solution to help store training and serve as an internal LMS system. After numerous demos and research, we visited with OnSemble reps and were blown away by functionality that far surpassed a training solution. In a matter of months, we have built and implemented a fully functional LMS system that houses all our training, enhancing learning...

Cons

The learning curve is a little challenging. However, once you play around in the tool and force yourself to TRY and TEST things, you will get it! I do recommend that your project team includes at least 1 very capable IT person.

Bridging the gap

Onsemble has been very communicative and helpful. I love the support we receive from them, especially all of the webinars and trainings. It really helps bridge the gap between where our portal is today and where we want it to be.

Pros

Onsemble has helped our company feel so much closer and our communication has greatly increased. All of our offices are spread across the west side of our state, so it's easy to feel disconnected. This product has helped keep everyone on the same page and feel engaged. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are two of the best resources we could ask for!

Cons

The implementation of the product was a bit of a struggle because I'm such a visual person. I was the only person on my implementation team and it's been hard trying to bring others in after implementing it. I wish I would have seen live portals ahead of time during each beginning step, as well as I wish I had pushed to have more team members on my side implementing this.

When you purchase OnSemble- you buy into an amazing Support Team

We use our OnSemble portal EVERY DAY to share information, promos, procedures and policies with our team across the country. We also have built several pages that allow us to have fun activities going throughout the year - helping with Employee Engagement and driving new staff to experience all that OnSemble provides. I also cannot say enough good things about the Support and Tech teams at OnSemble. They are quick to respond and find the answer to any question or creative block I'm having. They also share with me the steps they took to resolve an issue so that I am able to do it myself later (I love that!). The addition of the Spark community where clients from around the country can share ideas has been great.

Pros

I love the ability to truly customize the look and feel of my company's intranet - I'm not stuck using certain layouts or formats, instead I can let my creativity out. Working through a merger of two credit unions with very different cultures, the OnSemble products helped us create a portal that was not only the hub of where we shared information, but also allowed us to have fun along the way.

Cons

We are currently not using OnSemble for document storage/retention because of the search features - but with recent updates, these are getting better every day.

User Friendly and Great Support

The support has been wonderful. My CSM is very personable and interested in how we use the platform

Pros

The ease of use of the software is great as I do not have a background in web development. I am able to share my knowledge and train other "power users" very easily. Overall this platform is user friendly. The software has numerous add-on applications and has integration capabilities which is very helpful.

Cons

Ways to share streaming media can be tricky. We often have to use outside services to host streaming media and then come up with creative ways to present it on our portal. Otherwise hosting it directly on the platform's server can cause long loading times or strain on the systems performance. Our end users often request changes to the native document search on the platform. There can always be improvements in that aspect.

An Onsemble Ambassador

The overall experience has been amazing as indicated above. But the lion share of my praise goes to the Implementation Manager. Without her I highly doubt that our Portal would have launched or without a doubt significantly delayed. Her knowledge base of the Onsemble platform and her attention to detail is astounding. As much as I get praised for creating an immersive Intranet, I know it's partly due to her support. She's an asset to the Passageways Organization...and to our team. The support team is nothing like I have ever experienced. Their response time and follow through is indeed a standard for the industry of IT support, this deserves 100% not 99% satisfaction.

Pros

Wow!... I can spend literally hours writing about my extreme satisfaction with the team and the software. It has allowed our organization to experience another level of engagement with our staff. The ease of use and the “drag and drop” design feature has also allowed a team of 2 to be nimble, with the results and appearance of a team of 10. Our Executive leadership team believes transparency is the currency of leadership and the Onsemble platform has afforded them the opportunity to live out this value. From just- in-time information, thoughts on upcoming and/or current changes, future business strategies and recorded quarterly messages. This software has been and a catalyst to our increased employee engagement scores. We've only been 'live' for 6 months!

Cons

A missing mobile platform and the non responsiveness to different screens for the desktops version.

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm thrilled to hear that there are no issues. As for responsiveness and mobile, we are actively working on that. If you need anything in the meantime, let us know.

We are a lover of the intranet ( OnSemble!)

This is a great product for any sized organization! Keeps us " on the same page" with our employees!

Pros

We love how easy it is for us to use, being a smaller organization but growing organization it keeps us connected to all employees. not having an IT department or Marketing department its so simple for us to use and create and be innovative. Our staff loves how easy it is to use, and we love having fun and making it exciting for the staff. Easy to keep documents in one place and update them on the...

Cons

Sometimes it has bugs would be my con, however the support we get when this happens is quick and effective!!!

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm glad to hear how it's improving communication across the board and that are you finding it easy to use. If you ever feel like you are in need of additional training or for any new team members, let us know! Thank you for the Support team shout out too.

Amazing Intranet Software

A pleasure to use and changed our organization for the better.

Pros

We used this product to replace SharePoint and it ha been working wonders for us. From all of the features you get to stunning tech support you can't pick a better product.

Cons

The only issue I have as an admin in the portal is how you have to go to completely different settings to manage simple tasks. They have been fixing these issue those with their scheduled updates to the software.

Great Support

We were trying to reduce paperwork and create a portal that was useful for every department in their everyday jobs, removing things off of network drives and organizing them in Onsemble. We love our new portal.

Pros

We've been Passageways customers for more than 10 years now and recently revamped our internal portal with the most recent version of OnSemble. Our customer support representative was very helpful and we really felt like Passageways was as invested in this project as we were. They will often get on phone calls with us to resolve questions and issues same-day or within a few hours. We always felt like we were a priority to them.

Cons

OnSemble is really a blank slate - you can do almost anything with it. You really have to have a vision for what you want the site to be and how you want it to be organized in order to be successful with this product. If you do, it's really customizable. If not, you can certainly have Passageways assist you in designing something, but you really have to know what you want and how you want it to be organized for your organization.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm glad to hear how it's improving communication across the board. If you ever feel like you are in need of additional training or have additional ideas you want to implement, let us know!

I have had a great experience with the OnSemble team

I've had a great experience. Everyone is crazy friendly and bubbly, not sure how they do it, but there has never been a time when I feel like reps weren't smiling on the other line! haha

Pros

The Announcement Island has been most impactful. We had a communication problem because of Geographic Locations and this helps have one central hub. It has been relatively easy to use and with the new upgrade the Island has improved even more! The directory has also been helpful and we use the recognition island to promote our "One Team" mantra!

Cons

Sometimes the specs and layout options of the portal can be difficult. Either the specs aren't listed so it is a guessing game as to how big a picture should be or, let's say, the announcement island get's larger because of numerous announcements, then there becomes blank space next to it. The pages don't shift automatically to fit the changes in the announcement island sizes or anniversary/birthday island sizes. (if that makes sense). So there can just be some funky layouts. I also wish there was an option to have tabbed or colored announcements from different departments under 1 announcement island.

Outstanding Customer Service

We want to use the intranet portal to connect with our employees across San Antonio, provide support and answers to their member service requests, and show how their roles tie into our larger mission as a credit union. OnSemble has allowed us to do that. We have all of our resources and procedures posted in a searchable format. We highlight recognition and team photos to help everyone feel the "team" environment, and offer opportunities to participate in community events. The OnSemble portal has been a key part to delivering on these goals, and the team at OnSemble was incredibly supportive to us making this possible!

Pros

What I like most is the outstanding customer service behind the software. The people at Passageways go above and beyond to help you and make sure that you're happy. We have been long-time customers and they went out of their way to help us with a re-design of our portal, asking nothing in return. I am new to my role and I had not worked with them before, but they didn't mind my endless amount of questions! They were truly on our side and wanted the project to succeed.

Cons

Nothing! I can't think of one thing I do not like...

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I'm so glad things are going well for you. I will definitely pass along the great feedback to our Customer Success and Support teams as well.

Can be both functional and beautiful, with assistance.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really saved us through implementation. There's so much to learn with the portal and she holds all of that knowledge in her head and was gracious enough to share it with us through countless meetings.

Pros

I love the abundance of modules that we can use that streamlines processes. We've implemented help desks throughout many departments in our organization which has helped speed up requests and allow the ability to track tickets. And, when it doubt, it's nice to have the PTE island to be able to customize how we wish.

Cons

Our organization cares a lot about things looking nice - and unfortunately, the drag & drop functionality doesn't inherently look 'pretty' without a bit of work. We had to do a few workarounds to get the site to be responsive and oftentimes need to pop into the HTML code, which many average users aren't familiar with. Also, the calendar doesn't work well for signing up for events like volunteer opportunities and is extremely difficult to report on. I've already submitted a feature enhancement request for this.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! I know there can definitely be a large learning curve with the software, but I'm glad you are reaching out and that you are enjoying your portal. Please continue to submit those feature requests.

An irreplaceable tool in our organization

Overall experience has been great. I would say that the customer support is honestly the shining star with this company. The product is good, but the support can't be beat. They are responsive and helpful and that makes all the difference.

Pros

The OnSemble intranet portal has been a great fit for our financial institution. We are a community bank and have built a culture with our employees that values sharing information, collaboration and a fun atmosphere. Because of the customization allowed with this intranet, we've been able to blend those needs along with the more basic (read boring) needs of document organization, consistency in process, procedures etc.

Cons

One of the key benefits of this tool is the customization we were allowed. In my mind this is the biggest benefit, but can also be it's biggest detriment. For some users, the design process could probably seem overwhelming at first. However, if you trust the process and the support that's in place with the company, you end up with a great product.

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnSemble! I can agree that it is hard at first, but you are right in that we do have an incredible team, and we will be there for you for any training you might need.

Passageways OnSemble Review

1. Overall Quality - We've had the Employee Portal for a very long time. We've seen different versions come and go. 2. Ease of Use - Super easy and friendly web interface. Don't need to be an HTML expert to customize the Portal. 3. Features & Functionality - Has everything we need internally from Employee Directory, procedures, to Helpdesk. 4. Customer Support - Is the best. Always willing to assist whether it be by phone or email. Definitely the best service out there! 5. Value for Money - Very affordable and the ROI is very much worth it

Pros

1 stop shop for all of our internal needs

Cons

Nicer navigation/theme icons. I'm currently customizing our Portal with icons I get from a 3rd party. How about having an icon library where we could choose which navigation icons to use for our layout.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! We really appreciate your positive feedback on this software. As for the icons, please connect with your Customer Success Manager, who might have a better idea on what to do for these.

OnSemble as an Internal Marketing Tool

We use OnSemble as our internal marketing communication and resource for employees to find any internal forms, procedures, info on products, training, and much more. The more that we do get employee buy-in to using it, the more we discover that we can do with it. I do feel that Passageways is constantly trying to update the features and functionality, and they definitely have some fabulous customer service! Anything I have ever needed or didn't understand, I've gotten exceptional support on from their team.

Pros

What I like the most is all of the different functions and uses for managing content and forming communication that you can use it for, you don't have to use them all, but they are available for when the product grows and your institution grows and you can add on more things as your needs change.

Cons

Really the only thing that I don't like about it is something that is in the process of being updated, which is that the portal is not currently responsive. We have people in our organization that have many different size screens and resolutions, so no one layout fits them all well.

Thank you for taking the time to review OnSemble! We really appreciate your positive feedback on this software. As for the responsiveness, please connect with your Customer Success Manager, who can assist.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.