All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

pCloud

Online storage & digital asset management service

pCloud Reviews

Simplicty & Capacity

Use this constantly to share client files both internally and externally

Pros

easy to use and share with clients for document sharing, large storage size

Cons

1 file at a time upload from mobile with out the app (minor)

pCloud is a great cloud platform with added security

Pros

I have switched from Dropbox to pCloud because of the price and I don't regret. The functionalities are similar and here are the pros: - More space for less money - Better download/upload speeds - Better video playback - Better file sharing

Cons

- No embedded text editor - No refresh option (except the browser) - The support is not great - The web interface could be better

It works with Windows, Linux Mint and iOS. That's great.

Pros

I like most the multi-platform strategy (Windows, Linux, iOS). It's easy to sync current folders for a permanent backup. I also appreciate to sync shared folders.

Cons

Very bad is, that by restoring any files from the cloud date and time of every file get lost. It will be restored with the date and time of restoring, not with the date and time of the original storage. That makes the app nearly unusable.

Hi Matthias, thank you for your honest review. Have you contacted already our support for that issue, which you had mentioned? I'm pretty sure they'll have an answer/solution for that. I'm wondering if you had any issues with the support or the functionalities, so you rated them that low. Would you like to contact us to discuss it?

Similar to Dropbox

Pros

I first encountered this software when a photographer send my newborn photos through this site. I decided to try it out since I take a lot of photos myself & need the storage space. Customer service has been great when I've had issues & had to contact them. I love the large storage space that I can get for free. And as a regular user of Dropbox, I found this easier to use in saving and creating my files.

Cons

When there is an update to the system, you must do it in order to continue working in pcloud. Sometimes I'm a little leery of updates because it can almost completely change how a software will perform. You generally do not have the option to postpone the update if you want to continue working.

Perfect for photographers!

Pros

I LOVE pcloud for my photography business. It is the perfect way to upload pictures to the cloud, while also sharing pictures with my clients.

Cons

I do wish the download speed was a bit faster. It takes quite a while to simply view a picture, but it is still much better than some of the other cloud systems!

Hi Emily, Thank you for the kind words. We do our best to make our customers happy.

Simply a great tool. All my pictures available on phone and the net, to share with people as I like.

Easy to share pictures on the Internet and mobile phone. Large free size.

Pros

Easy to use app on phone and SW on PC is also easy to use. Possibilities to share pictures very specifically and give very precise access rights.

Cons

Actually I have not come across any deficiencies. Maybe one small one, it would be nice to save thumbnails on the mobile phone. Now they download sometimes a bit slowly, depending on the Internet connection.

A great alternate to Dropbox

Pros

The best thing about pCloud is the pCloud Drive which makes all the files available instantly on your desktop without having any of the storage consumed.

Cons

The user interface needs a modern refresh. The software looks a little old, but it's actually as robust as dropbox in terms of features. But I wish it had a more modern look and feel.

Easy to love tool, and good for team collaboration

I use a lot as I switch often my computer and I like to have documents ordered to share with the team.

Pros

It has a lot of storage space available for the cost. Also it has good usability and many features to read the document, listen the audios, share links to download. It has everything that I need for working with shared documents, even videos and high resolutions pictures. So that everyone in the team can find easily the documents.

Cons

It is a field with the competition of google drive, that it is also a great alternative, even when not so cost effective at this stage, but with more easy integrations. Anycase, for me it is completely fine how it is.

a good cloud alternative

Pros

I love that I have 500GB space available on my account which is so much easier to store files in the cloud. And it is cheaper than other bigger players.

Cons

i had an issue where the local drive would disconnect every other day ... it seems that they have fixed it now which is great.

Get your files online and manage them everywhere

Pros

- Manage your personal and work files stored on-line

Cons

- It presents ​limited free storage and it is expensive​ to upgrade it

The Home for Your Files in the Cloud

Pros

​Everything just works. You set the desktop app up once and forget it. The service will run in the background as if it's part of the local storage. It also allows users to upload online files directly to the cloud storage.

Cons

If you want extra security and file encryptions, you'll need to pay more.

Might be one of the best cloud storage out there

Using pCloud saves me the time and bandwidth on saving files from the web to the cloud.

Pros

There are many things to love about pCloud, but the one thing standing out for me is the ability to upload a file using the download link without having to download the files to the local drive first and then upload them to the the cloud, like other services.

Cons

The fact that pCloud is not as famous as other services also means that it has fewer supports and integrations from other services compared to other more established ones.

pCloud for backup and share content for other workers

Pros

Easy to use, reriable, fast and safe. Very good for backing up important files. Very easy to share content to customers or others workers.

Cons

Sometimes mobile upload is jamming when uploading some videocontent. Web controlpanel could be more easier.

Hi Anonymous, Thank you so much for the good review. We're happy to help.

Simple and cheap backup service

Fantastic cloud service for connecting employees that are in and out of office

Pros

New users start witn 20 Gb, or even more, if they find a promotion for bigger/better start. You can access and work with Your files from PC and Your smartphone.

Cons

Several of options and features should be more "polished". Some useful options are additionally charged.

Nice program and easy to use. Best valeu for the money.

Cloud using for safe store files and use them every where.

Pros

We realy like the interface. Also it works very quickly. Before we use an other product but this is match more easy to use

Cons

Sending links to send big files to outher users. For that we also use other program for some months.When that ends we for sure planning to have a account for unlimit time.

Hi Jan, Thank you for your review, we're happy that you like our product. With pCloud you can as well send download links directly from the file properties. check out this pages : https://www.pcloud.com/help/web-help-center/how-do-i-generate-a-download-link https://www.pcloud.com/help/ios-help-center/how-can-i-send-a-download-link

Great Free Cloud Storage

Free cloud storage that's the best

Pros

A great free cloud storage option. It has a mobile app and web access. Best of all you get 10 GB of free storage.

Cons

When you click on the windows app it takes you to the preferences instead of the cloud storage folder.

Great DropBox Replacement

Using this for smaller working files, not for storage.

Pros

Love that they have lifetime deals (at least for the personal use cloud) VERY EASY to sync files - Dropbox has always given me issues, especially on slightly older computer. PCloud is seamless and straighforward. Hasn't dropped a single file yet Sharing is also very easy I feel my files are secure with PCloud and their privacy protocols in place

Cons

Size limit doesn't work for us - they can only give us 20tb, and that gets expensive - using the Dropbox unlimited because we need 50tb+

Awesome software. Works beautifully.

Pros

Ease of use and the encrypted folder. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome programming. Well done. Thanks.

Cons

None. Any time there's a bug it is fixed in a timely manner and your customer service is awesome. Never had an issue.

Finally Decluttered My Mobile!

Finally, with about 2 years of endless photos, video clips and screenshots on my poor ageing Samsung I synced to pCloud and moved everything across easily. From there I downloaded a zip file onto my computer and saved it. I've freed up valuable space on my mobile and kept every single file I wanted in the process. My mobile had stopped installing updates because there was so little room available and my mobile's own dashboard for moving files was just too complicated for me. pCloud was the obvious choice to sort my stuff out.

Pros

pCloud is fast and easy to set up. You're guided through the process and it's pretty obvious where everything is.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I don't like about pCloud.

Great cloud storage solution, perfect for remote team collaboration

Pros

The log in anywhere from any Web browser is fantastic. We run a global team so people are accessing our files 24x5. We have a backed up and secure library plus everyone can see each other's content and input.

Cons

There are some glitches with the different browsers available and the file / folder system is a bit clunky and unclear. There aren't massive amounts of true collaborative tools and it's frustrating not being able to edit a document online, you have to download it. However I scored it high because for what it is designed to do, it does perfectly.

Pcloud is not a good alternative for DropBox

I haven't realized any. In fact the software itself is very aggrivating.

Pros

I bought Pcloud as a Dropbox alternative. It did install fine on each machine. That's about what I can say about it.

Cons

It didn't sync correctly, I couldn't get some of the other features to work and the company keeps bugging me over Facebook. Also support / sales is overseas so concerns don't get addressed anything close to immediately, you have to go to bed, wake up, and see you've been answered overnight.

P Cloud makes life much easier and worth living again!

After evaluating this product against Dropbox for business and google cloud this came out the easy winner! Ease of use, cost, data limitations,user numbers and more made this a no brainer after our 3rd ransomware experience.

Pros

Cloud based storage for our Management teams. Documents and files can be shared by administration with selected personnel Easy to implement Easy to manage Turns your desktop into a P drive for storing all data Useful IOS and Android app which synchronizes all devices with account. Great pre sales demonstration

Cons

Great features and prices, but awful bugs and erros

it can be a very good alternative to services requring a payment every year after all the bugs and errors will be resolved

Pros

- Great features combination: real-time backup and special backup (you can backup facebook, gdrive, dropox and other services you use) plus FUSE - you see all the special backups as if they were regular files on a separate drive and can access them immediately in Finder/Explorer - Intuitive interface - Very good security - Lifetime option - pay once and foget, don't have to renew the license and pay every year

Cons

- Keeps doing very strange things, e.g. downloading one file forever, over and over again, using GBs of internet transfer; duplicating the backup and using up all the free disk space - Support has been unable to resolve the issues for almost two months and still can't provide me any solution - Special backups (like GDrive backup) take weeks to be completed - Complete user-side encryption requires a separate fee

A versatile alternative to the common cloud providers

Overall a great choice for solo/freelancers who wantclean simple cloud storage. Bigger teams may prefer Google Drive or Dropbox etc and probably cheaper options for pure backup

Pros

Works like a drive on your computer. Simple to share and access. Cost is reasonable

Cons

Gets expensive as you scale but definitely still good value.

pCloud offers what other cloud providers do not.

Pros

I was looking for a replacement for Dropbox, and based on some reviews decided to try pCloud. Rather than being a decent replacement, it has proven itself a much more capable platform. Great service, great integration (especially impressed with how well the Linux client integrates). Fantastic.

Cons

Some interface elements seem a little clunky in the client software, but that's a really minor issue.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.