I have been using Pocket for about a year plus as my go to read it later app. It works pretty good for the basic stuff, here are some of the things I particularly like
1) The ability to save an article from almost any web browser and find them in one centralized place. The Save it for later button is a godsend
2) Recommended articles are amazing, in most cases they are just what I need to look at, not sure if its AI or just based on what I have read in the past but its great. Even saved articles come with other recommended reads, great for days when I want to go down a rabbit hole and really study a subject.
3) The app syncing is great, rendering of articles is usually on point which is good. I can have all the articles I have saved at my disposal with a few taps.
Pocket is not without its flaws, the features are
1) No Save articles to list feature, when saving articles, they all just save to a big list. This is ok but for someone who has a habit of saving a lot of articles, it would be great if they could be saved into lists, say a weekend reading list. There is some functionality in tags for this but its just not good enough, being able to save to a list is way better.
2) Reminders for saved articles would be good. As mentioned, I save a lot of articles, if I could have reminders to read some of them when I have free time it would be the perfect app (sometimes a reminder is helpful)
3) More content discovery sources - With the addition of Apple News and Google News, there is a lot of competition for Pocket. Content discovery is fairly ok within Pocket but if there could be better ways to find content rather than just stumbling upon it, say following certain authors and the like, it would be great.