Populr Reviews

Populr

Better communication, one page at a time

Populr

Review Summary

Christopher L.

Jared D.

I absolutely love the Populr.me platform. It is so easy to create, share and track analytics and it comes out looking like a graphic artist created it.

Kelly B.

Cons

Missing a google address uploadbutton for uploading all my google contacts in 1 time.

Vivian

FAQ could use some beefing up. No simple interface to review sent communications.

Christopher L.

4.8

Perfect for Creating Quick, Free Landing Pages

Populr helped us quickly create landing pages for current customers to use for onboarding. It easily allowed us to add various documents, tutorials and embed videos all into one landing page. I wish I had known about it before spending my time researching other tools that I could have had to pay for. Populr pages are so easy to create and look fantastic on mobile.

Pros

Populr is a fantastic landing page builder! It's super user-friendly with a drag and drop interface that allows you to quickly setup a landing page, embed videos and photos and text. The best part is the tool is completely free to use and the support team is fantastic to work with, although you'll rarely need to reach out to them.

Cons

It seems the tool hasn't been updated in a little while. It could probably use a bit of a refresh and some additional themes, but it's still fantastic especially for the fact that it's free. Also their pages are all mobile-friendly by default, which is a definite must today.

An awesome tool!

A nice and easy WYSIWYG landing page builder which is as feature rich as most of the paid alternatives. Really satisfied with the end results, especially on mobile.

Pros

Populr is a simple and easy landing page creator. For a free(mium) service, it's especially feature rich. I really appreciate the auto-save functionality (why isn't it there in every service?) as it makes work and collaboration much easier. The WYSIWYG editor is pretty nice and simple, although I've had a few minor bugs with it.

Cons

As I've previously mentioned, there are minor bugs in the editor and the auto-save feature could have been a bit faster. And you can't start creating a new page the the grounds up, but that's not a big issue as the templates are pretty good.

Populr.me - an extremely effective way to share information for your deals

I love Populr and and use it more and more often. I'd been looking for something like this forever and was ecstatic (not exaggerating) when I came across it. I use it to organize and distribute due diligence information for the small corporate finance deals I work on and it is very effective for that. The only alternative was outrageously expensive and complicated “deal room” software that targets...

Pros

• Attractive and varied templates that are easy to modify and use • Uniformly positive reactions from recipients • Great way to distribute information. • Alternative to DropBox, ShareFile, static webpages, Deal Room Software

Cons

• The Help Pages could use some Help.

Easy way to increase marketing communications - without engaging a whole design/IT team

Pretty simple to use, with a good user interface, producing professional looking pages quickly. Was easy to test as well, with all the same functions during freemium use only with greater branding present. The tracking is fairly basic, but great to have individually for each page. We are in China and I have no problem to integrate videos hosted on the video platforms here.

Pros

Freemium same functions as paid Easy to use Quick page response Automatic saving (but not posting live) Can collaborate easily (and delete collaboration rights easily too) Good range of functions Good range of example pages, great for ideas

Cons

Would like a "Blank" slate design (I am always deleting all the modules before I start a new page) Font size, colours, could have better choices (currently it is all in themes and limited) Some bugs (occasionally content deletes itself)

I Don't Want to Think About Business Without Populr

I came across this product during a webinar and, even if I live to be 115, it has paid for itself many times over. I often go from idea, to proposal at the speed of typing. No need to even think twice about 'who is going to lay it out?', 'where will I host it?', 'what if I need to make edits?', 'how will I know if it's viewed?' - and a dozen other concerns that are no longer mine!

Pros

Fast Easy Beautiful design Can publish to my own domain(!!!) Many templates Amazing customer service New templates being added all the time Totally clean Web 3.0 look/feel Unlimited POPs on my account Easy to collaborate with others More

Cons

I'd like to be able to publish to more than 3 domains (I play in a lot of worlds!) I honestly can't think of another one

Excellent!

Over the last year I have become a huge fan of Populr. Since I have no knowledge of web design, I use the easy to create pop pages for business proposals. My clients have been blown away by the proposals that I have put in front of them using Populr. Highly recommended.

Pros

Easy to integrate video clips, photos, pdf files. The layout is extremely easy to change and customize. The entire system is very intuitive.

Cons

It does take a little getting used to. And from time to time the system runs slowly (although that could be my internet connection, too)

Populr makes it easy

Populr makes generating one pagers and marketing collateral as easy as typing up a document in Word. I don't have the time to spend perfecting a document's layout with other means, but with Populr it's simple; type it out, select or upload a background, move anything around if I have to, and publish.

Pros

Ease of use, professional look, customer support

Cons

Haven't found any yet.

Very flexible and secure way to share information

Populr gives me an easy way to share my training materials with delegates. I also use it for proposals - so much more impressive than just sending an email with an attachment.

Pros

I like that I can share my files with people, and give potential clients a nice surprise with a personal page with my proposal.

Cons

Can't think of any,

Flexible Landing Pages for Market Testing

I use Populr for building landing pages to test different value propositions for different customer segments as I hone in on early adopters for business and product ideas. It makes the process of creating and hosting them fast and simple. Love what they've done.

Pros

Easy to use. Great variety of layout choices. I don't have to think about hosting or any technical stuff.

Cons

Getting lines to open in a new window is a little clunky, but I'm sure they'll make it a more integrated feature soon. Certainly not a deal breaker.

Stumbled upon it

I stumbled upon it and started using it. There is no learning curve since everything is so straightforward and even when you need help , you get a reply/help with in a day. On top of that ,the build-in analytics really provide you the view that you need

Pros

* straightforward * decent analytics

Cons

* Realtime collaboration

Fast and easy

Pros

it is super fast and easy when making a page

Cons

i find adding a little bit widget confusing

Pops Rock - Plain and Simple

I used to write emails to prospects. Often I wouldn't hear back or the reply would be a polite, 'we'll call you'. Now I send Pops... they call me on the phone. They book me. The power of using a Pop to introduce a product or service is remarkable. It takes the message from ordinary, to insane. I've tested - heavily in fact - the conversion rate with both cold and warm leads and the Pop wins...

Pros

Easy to use Easy to duplicate Embed videos easily Customize as fast as you can type Beautiful templates

Cons

I wish I had at least one... I don't.

Populr: An Amazing Little Gem From Nashville

We have kicked the tires on quite a many single pages site builders. From inflexible flier based templates to full blown "Code-Em-Up" site builders, each offers a differentiating layer of capability and potential. Populr falls smack in the middle of that field and provides the perfect blend of simplicity and creative flexibility allowing both developers and non-developers alike a chance to produce some truly incredible online pages. Great things come out of Nashville, TN, and Populr is yet another fine example of just that. This young start-up is primed to shine and change the entire Micro publishing landscape in the process.

Pros

The simple click and edit builder also features an embed tool that lets the more seasoned professional integrate some very powerful third party solutions into the page while amateurs will also find it quite easy create truly amazing one page sites.

Cons

While you won't find a gigantic selection of themes just yet, the ones offered do provide a wide level of flexibility and differentiation. More themed templates are being developed at the time of this review.

Simple, easy to use and click-type of website creator

Pros

Populr is a website creating software that I usually use to create more advertising for our company. Populr allows me to arrange my articles, company photos, company details and other important data regarding our company in a click-drag type of layout arrangement. It made website creating easy for those who have no experience in website coding.

Cons

Minimal design and formatting choices which limits creativity but the present formatting possibilities are also amazing with so possibilities for design. Besides that, everything is great and the user interface is user-friendly.

What The Web Has Been Waiting For!

I've been creating web pages for almost as long as there's been a World Wide Web - like, since 1995. I used to use programs like Dreamweaver to create HTML docs, but that's so... 2002! Now, whenever I need to knock out a fresh web doc, I go straight to Populr.

Pros

Just about every tool you can possibly need to create rich web docs can be found in Populr. Whether it's text, photos, video or embeds of almost any type, you can build your doc quickly and easily with Populr.

Cons

Oh, it could probably do with a little more font formatting, and sometimes I wish I had a little more control over how photos are cropped, but they've probably fixed both of those issues since the last time I used the service to create a new doc.

Populr is becoming indispensable to me

I've been using Populr off and on for a year now. It's taken a little while for me to figure out the best way to use it to communicate -- but it turns out, the answer is, lots of ways! Populr has become my go-to platform to share information -- sometimes with a group, and sometimes with just one person. It makes it easy to create a visually appealing page, and that makes it easy for my audience to connect and to act.

Pros

* Makes you think in chunks -- which is a great way for your audience to receive information * Flat-out easy to make information visually appealing * Audience finds it easy to receive information this way

Cons

* May change the way you think about communicating -- but that's not a bad thing!

Notes from Trying Populr

Overall, a great option. Users need to be pretty facile with technology, but not professional. I've used for personal and business purposes.

Pros

Easy to choose and set up templates. Examples are helpful in generating ideas. Sending and posting are easy and intuitive. Analytics are helpful, as are ability to edit teams and domains.

Cons

Only as good as the human user and also the logo/graphics you have available to you. In other words, Populr can make your content look great, but can't make a great logo for you if you don't already have one. Steep learning curve!

Populr in Education

I am just getting started with Populr and I am enjoying it! I can see so much great potential for using it in my school with faculty, staff, and students. My favorite thing so far is how you can integrate so many different mediums onto one page! When I have an important message to share that I want to be sure people hear correctly, I will be posting it on a new page!

Pros

I really like that I can place different media in the same document: Video clips; pictures; documents; and links. It is an easy way to put together a complete message!

Cons

No Data

Populr is an amazing tool

I have found Populr a quick and easy way to create and send out information online. The personal one pagers (POPs) are versatile and great to use for personal use or for business. I have used Populr for everything from creating a sales POP for potential leads to party invitations. With a few easy steps I had an awesome webpage I can send out to whoever I needed.

Pros

Versatile Easy to use Integrates well across platforms Abundant features New features added regularly Great support

Cons

No Data

support desk is very quick with answering questions

We decided to make a online birth announcement so that we can send this to everyone (family, friends, colleagues, etc) and attach pictures to this site. Making a birth announcement is easier than choosing a birth announcement card.

Pros

using own creativity support desk is very quick with answering questions

Cons

missing a google address uploadbutton for uploading all my google contacts in 1 time.

Great value! Measurable results.

Our print and digital media properties provide advertisers with a wide variety of programs and platforms to reach their target audiences. Populr, provides us with a cost effective way to update and market these options to our advertisers.

Pros

Turnkey, no learning curve. Sharable templates. Good measurement tools.

Cons

No Data

Great Application

Populr is a great tool that is amazingly simple platform and at the same time provides a well designed professional look. The ease of use and tracking makes this a great upgrade to improve my communication over email. Support is via IM and handles support effectively.

Pros

Simple Value Effective Tracking of opens Access from any device

Cons

Some fields when embedding links need coding to size accurately FAQ could use some beefing up. No simple interface to review sent communications

Easy-to-Use, and Produces Great Looking Pages

I have been using Populr for the last year to build landing pages for Seminars. The tool provides easy to use layout that I found to be robust enough to build a nice looking page without needing a lot of html knowledge, but also provides access to css to make more technical changes in design. Love the product

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

Great Website Hosting

Populr is a user-friendly drag and drop website hosting platform that works for people like me who need information to be displayed in a clean and cohesive manner! I'm thankful a website service like this exists for people like me who are not designers but love the look/themes of a well-designed platform!

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

Great way to get the word out

Populr is super easy to use and allows you the opportunity to send out multiple messages in no time. Plus, the ability to track activity helps you determine what messages work better than others. Bottom line: great bang for the dollar.

Pros

Cons

Prominent Populr branding on free version