ProWritingAid Reviews - Page 2

Best grammar software in the industry! Grammarly can't compete!

I'm a self-published author running a small press and I couldn't afford to be in business without the help of ProWritingAid's excellent software. I depend on it to deliver clean, readable drafts each and every time I publish a new novel.

Pros

I absolutely love the flexibility and platform support that ProWritingAid offers. No matter which platform or software you use to get your writing done, ProWritingAid supports it — and does it well! When taken feature for feature, comparatively Grammarly and other similar writing software can't compete. And did I mention the price? A lifetime subscription is worth its weight in gold for anyone who considers themselves a professional writer, no matter the medium.

Cons

There are some bugs in the software, and they vary depending on which platform you're using, but they're easy to overlook given the overall value proposition that ProWritingAid offers. I wouldn't use anything else.

Early Days Yet

I'm thinking of restarting my old blog now that I've discovered this product. I'm physically handicapped, which causes lots of typos, "fat finger exercises" and proofreading and making corrections had become a major pain in the butt. I'm also on a tiny fixed income and I need to get it right the first time before a commitment to a monthly payment on anything.

Pros

I'm loving the accuracy and ease of use. I had used Grammarly prior and their product had reached the point where it was helping me less with my writing and spending more effort on trying to FORCE me to purchase (ex: I couldn't even add a word to my dictionary without subscribing first). I decided if I would shell out good money for a product of this type; I wanted to check a few more out. Glad I did. So far, PWA beats Grammarly hands down.

Cons

So far I have found nothing not to like.

A convenient and informative way to proofread a text, improving language skills.

Pros

I appreciate mostly the easy-to-use web application, enabling interactive work on the text in many aspects of your form. Thanks to the hint system, thesaurus, mini-tutorials and alternative proposals for correction in each of these aspects, I not only get a well-developed text but also benefit from improving my language skills. The software can easily integrate with popular web browsers, extending its functionality for the correction of text fields when filling out web forms.

Cons

The correction proposal sometimes does not match the context of the statement. It happens that the software does not recognize some language errors. I think the software would gain very much for usability through integration with LibreOffice. This integration would be a great help when writing scientific articles.

Get the Extra Help

ProWritingAid has been a great tool to use in my writing: personal and professional.

Pros

Realtime grammar and error check, spell check and recommendations, and the software helps you develop your own writing style.

Cons

I would encourage you to check out the blogs and tips as there are things that the new users will miss/dismiss.

Best editing software on the market

I signed up for a ProWritingAid trial after reading a review about it. I'd been a paying client with Grammarly for years, but my experience with PWA during the trial period alone made me a convert, and I haven't looked back since. Fantastical product!

Pros

ProWritingAid is an incredibly comprehensive editing software. How many of its editing categories you look at and implement is up to you and how much time you have available, but they're always there. The software stands head and shoulders above competitors in this regard. It's also, for the budget-conscious, a lot more affordable. True value for money - the best investment anyone who works with words in any capacity can make!

Cons

Not sure if it's a glitch, but sometimes when I accept an edit, then undo, it's unable to. Also, it doesn't catch every single grammar mistake (9 times out of 10 it does, though), so I'd advise to have the free version of Grammarly installed as a backup.

A Great Experience So Far

Once I edit a write up with it, I feel really confident that there won't be any missed typos or errors, which used to happen, especially with documents that underwent multiple revisions. Somehow I would always discover a tiny omission or typo just after I hit send or submitted a hard copy.

Pros

It's useful and relevant. The browser extensions have proved extremely handy. Once logged in. I can work on the fly in any web writing space without having to write in the main app or MS word, copy and paste. The Firefox extension is making corrections as I write this review right now.

Cons

Really can't think of any right now. Maybe the fact that occasionally it misses an error that Google Docs picks up instead. But those are rare.

ProWritingAid: A Must Have For Writers!

Overall, ProWritingAid has helped our company to better communicate with our customers by giving us a writing edge. It has also helped us to better understand what and what not to write to customers and how to put perspective to context.

Pros

ProWritingAid is a premium grammar checker and style editor for bloggers and business writers. It is also a very handy tool for anyone who writes content. It is a very accurate and powerful tool that is surprisingly easy to use and provides in-depth feedback on your writing. ProWritingAid eliminates common error types, inconsistent terminology, contextual spelling errors, and grammar mistakes. ProWritingAid is a great tool because it has plugins for Google Docs, Chrome browser, MS Word, and Outlook which is a great addition.

Cons

ProWritingAid being a great software has some limitations. The first being that the free version has a 500-word limit which is a big limitation.

Best program for editing

Not only does this do a great job of highlighting a large variety of issues, there are also explanations and consistent usage has helped authors learn better writing habits in their future manuscripts. This company also has excellent customer service and continues to improve and add to the software. They also have an option for an extremely affordable lifetime purchase. By far better than other popular programs.

Pros

The sheer number of options and variety of checkers in this program are incomparable. Absolutely the best program to use to prepare your writing. Two of my favorite features are the repeats and echoes. It does an excellent job of identifying repetitive phrases and words, and the same words used too closely together. It's harder for a human editor to pick up on that as consistently as a computer and in this specific area, I feel it does a better job than a person. Obviously no program can replace a human, but this one does a fabulous job of trying.

Cons

I really have a hard time thinking of something bad to say about this software. I think there can be some improvements made in style choices and the thesaurus, but they aren't bad. I just feel like maybe they can be upgraded slightly.

Do you know how many errors this thing covers?

Grammer speelings

Pros

Since I write every day and consider myself a human being who is ever learning and sharpening my craft, this is where ProWritingAid comes in. Do you know how many errors this thing covers? IT'S A MUST HAVE for every one who types over 10 words. cheers it corrected this review too 👌👌👌

Cons

nothing so fur since I use the free version

ProWritingAid has literally helped me to become a better writer

I plug every single piece of writing that I do into ProWritingAid, and as a full time writer that means I use it often! I am writing a book write now and after the first draft is done I plan to plug each chapter into the program so I will have a cleaner copy for my editor to go through. I hope this will make the final product a higher quality. I recommend prowritingaid often to friends and colleagues and I plan to keep using it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I love the setup and functionality of the program and how easy it is to use. It's easy to load up a document and have it analyze several layers of content. I love that it can 1) Spit out a summary of your documents grade and show you why it received a certain grade for each layer of analysis 2) Shows you how can improve the style of your writing and where you need to check again 3) Analyze your grammar and show you what you might need to correct I plug every single piece of sales copy I write into the program and it has helped me to pump out some great finished content.

Cons

At times I have lost data when the program has crashed or my computer has shut down unexpectedly. It doesn't auto save as I am used to from using google docs, and you need to be careful not to close out of the document until you either save it or copy and paste the content into its final destination. This is only a minor issue that boils down to user error mostly, but I would love an auto save feature to be added in.

The Powerful and most Detailed Grammar Checker ever

Super Satisfied!

Pros

I'm super satisfied with this Hyper-detailed Grammar Checker. Not only it gives you great report on your Writing but also it analyzes your voice and it will give you honest feedback (Which you need and you must Accept no matter how hard it is :) ) ProwritingAid is my tool of choice when it comes to analyzing your Social Media posts, Blog posts, Reports, Whitepapers and many more B2B Information.

Cons

The only drawback for their Free Version is you can only check 500 words but does this Cons stop you to upgrade your Plan? No! If you really need to analyze your whole 2k+ to 5k+ Posts or Report, it's a no-brainer to Upgrade your Plan. This tool will make your writing life better.

A helping hand for grammar

Pretty good. I think it has helped me think about composition and flow and being a more efficient writer.

Pros

I like the reports and the interactive help.

Cons

They are a bit aggressive when writing, interrupting with pop-ups without giving me chance to correct a mistake I know I've made. I would prefer a delay of a second or so between the time I click on a highlighted word and when the pop-up comes up. That would allow me to edit it on my own. It doesn't do as well allowing for stylistic choices, especially for fiction where a writer might make choices that may not be strictly governed by grammatical rigor. By far, they are really aggressive with passive voice, but sometimes that's what I want.

The pain free way to better writing.

I am a writer and this is helping me to improve my skills.

Pros

I like the diversity of reports. Its not always obvious why they are necessary, but take your time, use the help screens and you will soon see their relevance. The reports are not fillers but will measurably improve your writing. I like the ease of use and it is responsive.

Cons

It can feel frustrating when the reports fetch back the results and you don't want to accept the recommendation because you feel it will compromise what you want to convey. Remember you don't have to accept any changes. Pay attention to the main reports, like sentence structure and how easy to ready your writing is.

ProWritingAid Continues to Improve My Writing

Pros

I started using ProWritingAid’s free features for my creative writing. When I began to compose editorials for clients, I noticed how the “real-time” feature reported the things I needed to revise. I upgraded to use the advanced features and noted that by accessing the reports, I could learn more about “Consistency” and “Readability”. I could learn about the grammatical errors I was making. A geek to the core, the thesaurus is my best friend when writing. Perhaps the most important feature for me is ProWritingAid’s options to switch English dialects. I write for both American and UK clients and found this feature to be the most invaluable.

Cons

When I am working on a pressing deadline, I don’t have time to look through the blogs for assistance. Also, the program freezes when I’m writing online.

Completely changed my writing experience

From the day I installed it (as a trial), I knew I would register. It reported so many things I felt I really needed it in my writing process. And the learning I get from using it is incredible. I realise how important it is as I write daily.

Pros

English is my secondary language, but I worked most of my career for US & International companies, and used English most of the time. I discovered ProWritingAid recently while I was looking for a tool to help with my blog posts and a new interest for copywriting. ProWritingAid is very accurate, has few false errors, and it reads my Scrivener files perfectly. And the browser extension is really handy.

Cons

There are a lot of tools for reporting, and it sometimes feels overwhelming when you start with ProWritingAid. I'm still trying to figure out some of them, but I know I'll get to it because I want to fully use the functionalities.

Take your writing up a notch!

I used Grammarly for a few years and was looking for more. ProWritingAid analyzes so many areas of my writing and provides important in-context feedback. My writing has already changed for the better in the few weeks I've been using it.

Pros

Ease of use, integration with other software

Cons

Sometimes the pop-ups get in the way and get stuck

Best editor I've used

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use, I like that I do not have to run a full assessment to edit my document on the go. I also find that the tense check is very helpful when writing fiction.

Cons

I dislike that you do not have the the option to turn rules off for only one page. I want to be able to temporarily disable some rules.

Helpful Tool

Pros

ProWritingAid does a great job monitoring grammar and spelling. Not in the same way word or pages does, but better. Lots of features available to take your writing to a level never imagined. By constantly using the program, you remember common mistake made and automatically begin changing your writing style.

Cons

The icon available in plug-ins is rather annoying. It is meant to be helpful, but it is in your face and in the way of writing. The program does not always catch all mistakes. It is important to proofread your work to make sure you didn't misspell something that ProWritingAid didn't catch.

I love ProWritingAid!

Easy to install, understand, and use. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Pros

It's fast, intuitive, and accurate. The lifetime subscription and frequent smart updates are great.

Cons

Some features available in Word are unavailable online.

Best Alternative to Grammarly... Top Notch

I was looking for a grammar check. Recommended Grammarly but very expensive. Found ProWritingAid and loving it as it works perfectly like Grammarly and been loving the software.

Pros

The software works exactly like Grammarly. I love it, when it teaches you about the grammar and push you to think differently.

Cons

I notice that my Gmail email composing was slow because of the extension, so unfortunately, I have to turned it off.

Reviewing your writing as you go is a time saver!

I have used ProWritingAid for years and appreciate the corrections it makes for me in email and writing in general. I find it is helpful and helps me improve my writing in general.

Pros

I love that ProWritingAid is available for any time I write an email in Gmail or Outlook without having to launch it. It has saved me from emailing with missing text or misspelled words.

Cons

ProWritingAid is very helpful, but sometimes you do not want it to correct your text so there were times I had to turn it off for these times.

ProWriting Aid Should Be Better

Overall, the software is a bit cumbersome and I'm probably going to go back to the other software I was using even though I've already paid for the lifetime subscription of this one.

Pros

I like the ability to purchase a lifetime subscription to the software. It allows me to edit my writing on various websites and in every writing app I use. It's convenient to use.

Cons

Purchasing the lifetime subscription does not include every feature offered by the software. For instance, plagiarism checks have to be purchased in addition to the editing and grammar check software. It's a hassle at best.

A Great Alternative to Other Grammar Checkers

Prowritingaid is a decent alternative to other grammar checker programs out there, and I feel they have attractive pricing.

Pros

1) They offer a lifetime pricing option which I prefer over a monthly recurring bill. 2) I am a heavy user of Scrivener, and Prowritingaid works with Scrivener projects. 3) The seamless thesaurus feature helps me to craft stronger points and sentences.

Cons

1) I feel they should offer a monthly plan, their smallest package is an annual plan. 2) Using Prowritingaid, I'm always receiving suggestions to add commas in places where it's not needed, and there is no way to tell the software to ignore this.

A perfect addition for education and grad school

I can use it to help grade papers and in writing my thesis.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to setup and use.

Cons

Sometimes the suggestions it gives are unnecessary, but I would rather have too much than too little.

Been using if for several years

Easy to use, takes me away from my Word processor and the mundane editors there.

Pros

What I like best is the lifetime option license - bought it and done.  I also like its online capabilities, and I also use it as a secondary backup.  I'm able to use it when I'm away from home with ease.  I enjoy (most of the time) as I'm editing my work that the process slows me down and makes me think about how I come across to my readers.

Cons

Nothing, sincerely. Nothing annoys me about the product. Let's face it, it is an editor the most that it annoys is my ego.