ProWritingAid Reviews - Page 3

A perfect addition for education and grad school

I can use it to help grade papers and in writing my thesis.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to setup and use.

Cons

Sometimes the suggestions it gives are unnecessary, but I would rather have too much than too little.

Been using if for several years

Easy to use, takes me away from my Word processor and the mundane editors there.

Pros

What I like best is the lifetime option license - bought it and done.  I also like its online capabilities, and I also use it as a secondary backup.  I'm able to use it when I'm away from home with ease.  I enjoy (most of the time) as I'm editing my work that the process slows me down and makes me think about how I come across to my readers.

Cons

Nothing, sincerely. Nothing annoys me about the product. Let's face it, it is an editor the most that it annoys is my ego.

I love the polish to my writing that ProWritingAid brings.

Excellent. I really enjoy using the package. The only task I haven't mastered yet is downloading and uploading my work and managing my files within ProWritingAid.

Pros

Its availability constantly. I love the gentle prompts to polish my writing and consider stronger wording. As a newsletter editor, I notice how other writers could enjoy this package too.

Cons

My biggest concern is the use (and overuse) of commas. It would be helpful to have an information box to explain why ProWritingAid suggest the use of commas, as a reminder.

Excellent Product

I am very happy with this product. It cuts the time I spend on copy editing in half. It also makes me feel confident that I haven't let typos and minor repetitive issues slip past me.

Pros

While this product is not a replacement for good editing skills, it is an exceptional tool for highlighting errors editors often overlook. Especially for book length manuscripts, this is a tool I can't live without.

Cons

This product integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Word and does an excellent job finding errors in web writing. If I could have one wish it would be an integration for Indesign.

Good Grammar Check tool

Overall, good except for when it sometimes impedes my WordPress workflow.

Pros

It improves my writing and gives me a feeling of being more credible with my blog posts and emails.

Cons

It sometimes conflicts with my page builder for WordPress.

Complicated by Necessity

Pro Writing Aid is necessarily complicated. It's not a tool designed for casual use typing your social media status, but designed to make any serious piece of writing better. It makes excellent suggestions on how to improve the writing, but is no substitute for actually knowing your grammar. Like any piece of editing software, it doesn't get it right 100% of the time. This is a good thing, it throws it back to the writer to make the decisions. I can't imagine my writing workflow without running Pro Writing Aid over my writing to look for ways to improve it.

Pros

Pro Writing Aid puts a suite of powerful editing suggestions at your fingertips. The depth and range of suggestions it offers on a piece of writing make it essential for my writing tasks. It's incredibly powerful, taking many different angles of looking at your writing and how to improve it. A lifetime licence is just the icing on the cake!

Cons

It is complicated to use, which is necessary given what it's doing. If it functioned a little better in Word especially it would make using it a little more enjoyable. Additionally, I ran into a major issue where I had to disable the Chrome extension because it was actually injecting css code into code I was writing. Once it was in I needed to manually clean up the CSS to get it working again.

ProWritingAid is beyond standards

I switch the software on for my first time and started diving into its multiple options. I have learned more things with ProWritingAid than sixteen years in the Public Educational System. Now, my essays are smooth, take less time to deliver my novels, and creative writing happens more often than ever.

Pros

ProWritingAid is a big deal. Think about a software able to change the way you work. Grammar corrections, all kinds of writing styles, complete informs, accurate feedback, comparative with writers and more I couldn't check.

Cons

Guys add [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the comparison writers.

Valuable editing tool

Have found this to be a really helpful tool, both to improve my writing and to reduce editing time.

Pros

Provides a wide range of editing features within one program including grammar, style, repetition and readability etc

Cons

Because there are a lot of features it takes some time to learn how to use it and I haven't yet explored all the options in detail.

Better than Grammarly, but still lacking

Overall quite positive, but several areas need improvement.

Pros

This is better than Grammarly if you're doing creative or fictional writing. It checks for the general rules and gives you a gauge of your writing style compared to the average author's writing style, such as sentence lengths, the use of adverbs, etc.

Cons

The rules are too rigid, many famous writers, especially children's books writers tend to use many adverbs. But for some reason this app flags adverbs as a negative. Also, it the live editing function doesn't work well. It only works best within the actual app, or when you open the tools on Google docs.

I put everything through Pro.

When I send a manuscript to an editor their job is much easier. Pro edits my blog and anything else I create. Editing takes less time with Pro pointing out the problems.

Pros

Easy to use, this software catches the mistakes I make.

Cons

I write for the Christian market. Sometimes it does not know what to do with a biblical vocabulary.

Works good in combination with Grammarly

I'm a fiction writer and this is a great tool for finding mistakes your own eyes can't see. Having an objective grammar/cliche/structure checking tool like this is (IMHO) an essential part of the writing process before hiring a human editor.

Pros

- The 'Style', 'Overused', 'Sticky' and 'Cliche' checkers are highly helpful - The interface is simple, although not perfect - Allows you to check things individually, or all together by using the 'Real Time' mode - One time purchase license (Lifetime) is a great option to have

Cons

- No dark mode offered on Mac (as of 12/2018) - Still doesn't catch some things that Grammarly does (and visa-versa) - Pricey for what it does, even at the Lifetime purchase level. I think the value should be a bit closer to the $100 mark - Sometimes suggests changes that are unnecessary, or miss marks grammar as incorrect when it is, in fact, correct.

Ease of academic editing

I routinely submit academic papers to peer review so it has been a very useful and cost effective tool to ensure errors do not proceed to the referees.

Pros

The merits of this software are seamless integration into Word, google docs, and online whenever I need to edit no matter the place. The highlighted functions for grammar and style are easy to implement and do not impede my writing.

Cons

The only aspect I like least about the software is sometimes lengthy times to run different functions in long documents. This is easily remedied by selecting smaller portions of text. I just get impatient.

Great features for the busy writer

It's a worthwhile addition to my writing arsenal.

Pros

ProWritingAid brings a lot of useful tools under one roof: grammar, style, readability, and other diagnostic tests to help make your writing as lean, focused, and active as possible. I love it.

Cons

ProWritingAid can be a bit buggy sometimes. When trying to use the comprehensive mode to run all the diagnostics at once, it can crash -- so make sure you check compatibility for your computer before making the jump. It also seems to "uncheck" items that you have deemed ok or have marked for skipping. Still, it's a great suite of writer tools for proofreading and editing content.

It’s an amazing program

Pros

Being an author finding a software program that fits most of my editing needs was something every writer should have to take their writing to the next level. And, pro writing aid does just that

Cons

They don’t have iPhone/IPad app for their software but it works perfectly with my iPad browser

A great way to catch rogue commas

I enjoy using it. I run my novels through it before it goes off to the editor to make her life easier.

Pros

It's easy to use, helpful in finding missing commas and words and helps to improve my writing.

Cons

It doesn't like assessing large amounts of texts, which can slow down the editing process.

Not a lot of trust that it works

I was very happy with the trial and bought the yearly subscription. The cost vs Grammarly is significantly less and appeared to work close enough to as well. After I started working in it I noticed it didn't catch nearly as much as Grammarly. It will still be helpful for emails and its not even in the league of Grammarly. Yes Grammarly is the big player but their cost is hard to swallow for my simple business email corrections.

Pros

-Yearly Cost vs main competitor -Easy to install -Works with web browsers & Microsoft outlook -Customer support

Cons

-Missed too many mistakes -It always suggests very simple things that need to be corrected. The AI isn't smart enough, yet, to see it's a closing and not an incomplete sentence. It gives you the ability to ignore the rule, but will it miss a true error then?

Very useful app

Pros

I like the it's functionality. They have more options than their competitors. I also like that I can buy it as a life time deal. I hate subscription and rarely use it.

Cons

Ux/UI. It has learning curve, not very intuitive.

ProWritingAid for Pros that write.

I believe I have improved my writing, especially in documentation and emails.

Pros

This has helped me improve my English over the past year. I find I get fewer suggestions from PWA. I still get plenty. :-) I'm using this via plugins in several apps. (Most that they support.) I've not had a single problem in over a year of using it like this.

Cons

If I'm editing a large email or document, it can slow down what appears on the screen. I realize that's because it's sending it to their servers. Sometimes this is really fast, so I think it's *really* the speed of my internet.

Great

Haven't been using it for long but can't imagine writing without it now.

Pros

Extension edits and suggestions for many types of writing from business to creative. Absolutely love how I can use it for anything.

Cons

I've noticed it has issues inputting corrections without messing with the document's format when using with Google docs. I was editing a several-paged document, and it required me to reformat the entire document afterwards.

Best self-editing software I’ve found!

I use this for my writing all the time because I frequently drop into the passive voice without knowing it - this software makes my writing more dynamic.

Pros

It’s easy to use. It gives me clear directions as to what is wrong and how to fix it. Plus it gives the option to NOT fix it, if you intended something to be a certain way for effect.

Cons

The only con I have found is I don’t like to use the plug ins on Office, but that is a conflict with MS Office.

IT IS INDEED AN AID

It is easy to use, delivers on value for money and super easy to use, but the tone detector is not always correct

Pros

Once installed, it seamlessly operates in line with your thinking almost on a go-ahead basis. It is super easy to use and delivers on value. It even comes with a writing tone detector.

Cons

The only issue I can recall against it is that the writing tone detector is not always in line with your thought.

Love my ProWriting Aid Software

I use it for writing.

Pros

I'm writing my autobiography, AGAINST ALL ODDS, We Found The Perfect Love. I had no experience writing a book and it checks my writing for readability, grammar, style, and overused or plagiarized words. Have not found another software that does so much for the price.

Cons

The update would take it off my document but the support team helped me correct it quickly.

ProWritingAid A Must Have Partner in Writing

I have written books, articles, blogs, emails, etc. using the software. A user has to be selective in the use of the analysis features, not all are helpful in all writing.

Pros

Thoroughness of review with specific suggestions for change. Easy to use although the range of analysis features requires judgement in use.

Cons

Unavoidable overlap in detailed review among categories of review. Some review panels jump among subsections

ProWritingAid vs everyone else

It does help keep my writing along the lines I am shooting for.

Pros

It provides a much larger pallet for options. I find that using it with other software makes a good balancing point for me. As far as suggestions. Provide a 'read back' tool like Word. This would sharpen your advantage greatly!

Cons

I don't have a specific complain. I would add the above functionality. I would also suggest an option for a slimed down menu selection as a possible option. This works well if the writing has had a less powerful checker like Word applied beforhand.

If You Love to Write, This is For You!

My overall experience with ProWritingAid has been a positive one. It has improved my writing experience immensely and is beginning to improve my son's as well. I can't rave about it enough!

Pros

ProWritingAid is so helpful to me on a daily basis. I find myself doing a lot of writing, whether it be on my personal blog, Facebook, during my class assignments or just simply browsing the internet. What I love about it the most is that it catches your grammatical errors in real-time, to ensure that you have no errors or mistakes.

Cons

I do not find anything about this software a negative! It is so useful and I have even recently installed it on my son's computer to help with his grammar as well! He loves it maybe more than I do!