ProWritingAid Reviews - Page 4

The guider to success.

Exceptional.

Pros

As a writer in English, which I am not a native English, all the software at ProWritingAid is very helpful to me. Thank you very much for the generosity.

Cons

All the features are very useful, so I like all. I am fine.

A must have

it is allowing me to become a better writer and helping me do what i love

Pros

I am loving this software. Especially with the google docs add on. It allows me to pre-edit before I send it to beta readers. I had most of the first draft completed before a friend turned me onto the software. I decided what the heck try the free trial. I can say with certainty I will be purchasing the subscription. Not only does it help with spelling and grammar. it allows me to run reports to see if i have used the same words repeatedly it also has an amazing thesaurus these are just a few of the features i have used so far

Cons

Im only using the free software right now until I get paid so I am missing alot of the functions on the software. that is the only con i can think of at this point. I mean to me it is expensive but it is worth the money.

Intuitive and Discreet

Pros

Do I have a writing blind spot? Sure looks like I do, and now that I have used ProWritingAid for several weeks, I have not only discovered what I'm continually doing wrong, but how to correct it. My writing is now more direct, easier to read, and more impactful than ever before. The fact that you can fire off a whole page or two while you're caught up in the moment, and still see small corrections light up, gives you the peace of mind that you will not only get your ideas on the page quickly, but you will also be able to fix these errors in no time at all. The interface is quick and easy to use. Don't know why I waited so long to impliment it.

Cons

At first, there was some confusion between the unique product types that are out there. I had an add-on vs an extension(?). One offered a very detailed report, and it was up to me to fix it, the other is a fully integrated Chrome tool that is live every time I write something. User error most likely, but it might have been more clear.

More than a word processor

When I first started writing I relied on my own limited skills in editing my work. Using ProWritingAid made me realise how limited my editing skills were. I would not publish any work without first using ProWritingAid.

Pros

I write daily, books and blogs. ProWritingAid checks the things that I would never pick up on e.g. repetitious use of the same words.

Cons

ProWritingAid encompasses many different aspects of writing and hence can be a bit overwhelming on first use. However, one can use it piecemeal, taking in more functions as your experience grows.

Really valuable app for non-English speakers // A life saver for typos

I use it daily, I really love it, it has helped me to easily detect some typos and mistakes when writing. I highly recommend this app!

Pros

I'm not a native English speaker, so this app has been of immense help for me to express my ideas better and fix typos before publishing, and not only that but it also gives you some suggestions to deliver a more powerful communication! It is extremely easy to use, just install it, start typing and once you get an error or the app makes you a suggestion, you will immediately know what to do next in a very intuitive way!

Cons

The only con I have found so far is that once you make a correction, you can't undo to what it was before, let's say you were prompted by a suggestion (not a grammar mistake), and you go with the suggestion but suddenly you prefer it to restore your text as it was before the suggested change, there's currently no way to do this unless you're writing in the Full ProWritingAid editor view, or in case the text editor where you're writing has the undo/redo functionality.

Self Editing

My edited writing is clearer and more concise. What I write expresses my thoughts better and I can deliver my message in a better format.

Pros

1. Easy to use 2.Allows you to edit your writing. It is quite boring and difficult to rewrite, but it definitely improves your writing skills. 3. The program checks for plagiarism. 4. The program helps me to be a better writer.

Cons

Suggestions always are in the direction of the simplest language for dummies. If you are trying to write at a higher level the suggestions are useless. The program doesn't help you enough with passive verbs and when it does it often gives you suggestions that don't fit the story. Emotions- the program tells you to show not tell, but gives no suggestions.

Best Software for Writing

Pros

I love the summary report. I can get a quick glance at the errors in my writing and decide what I want to focus on that day. I love that my scores are just naturally getting better from practice. (I overuse adverbs) This software has made me a better writer.

Cons

Sometimes the suggestions are way off, but that is expected from a computer program. I write fiction and non-fiction pieces. I wish there was a way to tell it what we are doing because the expectations of each writing is very different.

Best choice

It's a great tool that helps me a lot since I'm a Ph.D. student my English needs to be at a hight/acceptable for scientific publishing. Another thing is the options that make the writing process like a fun, there are some feature needs to be improved in the future (like the plagiarism and the punctuation verifier), but in the overall score is worth the price. Keep going

Pros

The price is perfect and the number of functions/options is satisfactory

Cons

The plagiarism checker needs to be improved more

I wish I'd gotten this sooner

Very Good. I'm sure I'll purchase it after the free trial.

Pros

I like the idea that it cleans up my emails. Wow, I needed this in my writing correspondence. I'm embarrassed about the quick emails I've sent out in the past. I like the connivence of all the elements of writing is in one place and I don't have to go to the dictionary, then the thesaurus, then the grammar program. I can check all of it at one time on one page with helps popping up as I hit the words. This has been an extreame time saver as I'm under several deadlines.

Cons

I kept looking for the simple one, two, three steps of how to work it. I find the summary a little difficult to understand. On my first piece I got an 87 but still was not sure how to keep improving it. I'm sure I'll learn more as I go along.

Improve your writing

My writing has improved and got tighter with fewer unnecessary words. I think my writing looks more professional, there are fewer errors and my work generally reads better. Even when not using the tool my writing has improved, as I now know the pitfalls. I originally bought a years subscription, then two and when the lifetime offer was on sale I didn't hesitate. There are other equally good tools on the market, but I found this one the easiest to use.

Pros

It identifies overused and redundant words so you do not repeat yourself. Sticky sentences, I didn't know they existed before I got Prowritingaid. They clog your sentences with to, the, at, if, and etc. and make your writing look unprofessional. The menu at the top is easy to use and any errors are highlighted with suggestions for improvement in the margins.

Cons

The updated software gives you a menu at the top, rather than at the side and you have to look at each problem individually rather than as a whole. This is not bad, but different and takes an adjustment. It does not pick up every grammatical error, but no software is perfect.

Fantasy writing should be easy - with ProWritingAid it is

I think ProWritingAid helps me be a better writer. As I write, I pick up my errors and change them before starting editing. It's been great. I recommend it to everyone who writes, whether a writer, an office manager who needs to do reports and even teens, who have to hand in papers.

Pros

I love ProWritingAid for so many reasons. 1) Writing a manuscript is easy. Editing, not so much. Yet ProWritingAid picks up every single error I miss. 2) ProWritingAid even highlights passive voice. I love it. It gives me a few options to revert the text to active and compelling reading. 3) I love that ProWritingAid notices Capitalized words, and ask if the entire document should be amended. With one click, it problem is sorted for me.

Cons

I find only 1 thing that I would like to improve. I use extensive files as I write epic fantasy. The result is ProWritingAid becomes very, very slow. I don't really want to cut it into smaller sections as I would love a complete report on readability and not a few chapters at a time.

Wouldn't be without it!

My experience with PWA has been excellent from the beginning, and the price makes it a no-brainer!

Pros

I love PWA, it works seamlessly with word, google and, crucially for me, Scrivener. Scrivener is what I use to write my novels and being able to write/edit a Scrivener document in PWA has been a lifesaver. I love too that it works with Wordpress, which is what I use for my website. I always recommend PWA to my community.

Cons

The thing I like least is that the suggestion box is very big and sometimes gets in the way of reading the document.

Boocy's Review

It helps in creative and business writing. I am no longer ashamed to write or send letters to clients and also my books

Pros

I love this product for always checking my mistakes, grammar, and typos. Prowritingaid is my world. The most incredible software ever.

Cons

honesty, nothing. This software does everything you need it to

ProWritingAid

Good application. It has a flat price for the year.

Pros

I like this program more than the others I have used. The explanations to why an error has appeared are more clear, and it gives easy fixes for them. Also, the recommendations on word choice and style are good. It can pick up the purpose of the writing and change the language from the perspective of your goals.

Cons

The plagiarism feature is not included in the yearly package, the cost is extra.

This is the big guns of writing

I used PWA for academic writing and still use it for my formal and long form text. This is not a tool I use on the fly for day-to-day use, and I would say it is best used with time and patience. Take your time, work with it on the suggestions and recommendations and be amazed at what it can do to your writing.

Pros

This is an absolute monster of a tool. Packed with so many features and optimization tools that most new user would be overwhelmed. I was too. It took me quite some time to learn how to use ProWritingAid to its full potential. To be honest, I am not doing that even now. For professional writer's, this could be a great support, especially if English is not their first language. And since they offer a lifetime pricing, I would say it a very good investment for anyone in serious writing.

Cons

To be honest, I would say PWA's strength is its biggest weakness. It has so many options that I initially left for another tool. Only after on my second try I started seeing the benefits. The UI/UX is clumsy and needs a facelift.

Proofreading with ProWritingAid

I use ProWritingAid to edit my articles and keep everything I write error-free.

Pros

I love how ubiquitous ProWritingAid is. With the Chrome, Microsoft Word and Google Docs extensions, I am protected nearly everywhere I write. It is so easy to set up and use. ProWritingAid catches all my grammar and punctuation mistakes. It is an integral part of my editing process.

Cons

The pricing is a bit steep, but it's still cheaper than most other grammar checking software on the market.

Excellent and unobtrusive

Pros

This integrates completely with my programs. It simply works without attention being paid to it. Grammar and spelling is pointed out, as in the previous phrase for example (passive voice) and you can amend as desired with good guidance.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this software. It might irritate to have the errors exposed so often.

Create Error free writings with ProWriting Aid

User-friendly software that makes document editing and correction a less tedious task. The suggestions are quite accurate to an extent and are helpful to give an error-free end product. A must-have software for those who are into writing.

Pros

ProWriting Aid is one my favorite software when it comes to writing. Its versatility and compatibility with the commonly used platforms makes it my personal favorite. It is very convenient to use and allows me to find the synonyms for the words used in the text without any extra efforts. Moreover, one can also filter various types of errors, which is like so amazing. It has helped me enhance my writing ability and most of all my vocabulary.

Cons

The software is a bit high-priced. And at times it suggests for the changes which deem to be incorrect. Although that does not account for that big a concern, but it would be really great if we could sort for the specific types of suggestions and not ponder over the ones that are unnecessary.

Best on the market

Great product!

Pros

Supper's easy-to-use and generally spot-on in terms of grammar and style.

Cons

The Gmail plugin for chrome browser plug-in can be a little bit of a resource hog. But once you know what's going on it's easy to enable and disable it as needed.

A Genious Software

It helps me to be more cautious about using adverbs, prepositions and verbs. It also suggests appropriate words using gerund and tenses.

Pros

Prepositions and grammatical corrections.

Cons

It always suggests for changing the passive voices into active that seems to me a mechanical matter.

Best editing software out there!

As an author, I need lots of eyes on my work. As an Independent author, finances are tight, that's where ProWritingAid comes in handy! You can almost always find a discount code online for 30%-40% off, though, to be honest, when compared to a product like Grammarly, their prices really aren't that steep, to begin with. They have several licensing options, so there's something to fit every budget and...

Pros

Easy to use. Awesome customer support. Integrates right into GoogleDocs and other platforms. Tons of different programs. Amazing discounts on licensing.

Cons

Absolutely nothing I dislike about using this software.

The Writing Aid You Need

It has been really beneficial as it has improved my writing skills by a great deal. I love it

Pros

It provides insightful reports about your writeup after rigorous analysis.You can get as many as 20 different reports. It is one of the very few software that gives you that. It is an amazing proofreading and editing tool, in addition to that.

Cons

The Pro Version is a little bit expensive. It is still value for money at the end of the day, though

Great Site To Help Edit

I will continue to recommend this site/software to other people who love to write. Overall, this program can be downloaded to your computer. You can use it for Google Chrome and even Microsoft Office. It downloads super fast with no problem. Love it so much.

Pros

This site is one of my favorite sites and software programs. It is advanced just how I like it. There is also an option to upgrade to premium if needed. I love how I can work on so many elements of my writing with this site/software. I like to analyze, so this site helps me think about every part of my writing. I also like the grammar edit area and how ProWritingAid helps with issues with my sentences. I will write out loads of sentences I need help with and it picks out the sentences with no problem. I love how if I want to look at the overall progress of my work there is an option for it. It breaks it down in the toolbar area and explains what is going on with my work. I need this, so I can learn and work on becoming better.

Cons

Honestly, I dislike only one thing. I wish the price for the premium was lower. It isn't overly expensive, but the price could have a monthly price option. This would help so many people. The price could be like 10.99 a month for the premium option or something close to this price.

Highly effective prose editing tool

It works well for me.

Pros

I like the reports and the way it integrates with Microsoft Word and my browser.

Cons

Inevitably, it generates false positives.

ProWritingAid

I am very happy with pro-writing aid, they help be professional and a great writer. I really recommend it - the free version, not sure i would bother paying...

Pros

I like the way that pro writing captures all my little mistakes as well as passive writing, over writing and readability as well as grammar.

Cons

Sometimes it was a little annoying when pro writing tried to over glam my writing with ott verb choices or make my writing easier to read when i'm purposefully trying to be conversational rather than concise. I am overall happy and delighted with the product - although when asked if i want to take my writing to their site, it was overzealous hard to get rid of and sometimes deleted all my writing!