ProWritingAid Reviews - Page 5

Huge help for my writing!

It's the best editing software out there next to Grammarly. It has helped me tremendously with fixing grammatical errors, shortening my time with the editing process. I've had it for a year and just registered for another two years. Totally worth the money!

Pros

I love that it does such a thorough check for grammatical errors.

Cons

I love it, but I would love if they added a thesaurus for the overused words.

Exactly what a Copywriter needs

Pros

Great asset for ESL writers, insightful articles, help you develop your skills.

Cons

Lack options for contractions like don't, doesn't and similar words

Great product

Pros

Great chrome extension. It helps you to avoid any grammatical errors while communicating and also suggest suitable alternatives. I hope its lifetime membership product price will be get reduce around $130 to 150 so I can buy the same.

Cons

Cost should be low for personal/home users, with minimum cost you can have more subscribers.

Saying What You Mean

I have already used its features to edit one of my novels and half of another. It is easy to use and offers cogent suggestions. I had to use the primary program and switched to the MS Word format once it properly activated.

Pros

That it seamlessly integrated with the Word software I use in my daily writing was a pleasant surprise. It made it immediately useable once support worked the bugs out.

Cons

It took many contacts with support to make it workable for MS Word, Once the bugs were worked out it functioned exactly as advertised.

ProWritingAid review

Grammar corrections, word improvements. Being a technical writer, it's important for me to convey highly technical stuffs in layman terms. This software helps me with that.

Pros

The articles and blogs are lovely and informative. I read them regularly and incorporate them while writing my docs. Great use and good work!

Cons

As of now, I haven't encountered anything on the negative side. So far, so good ;)

Love it!

I love it. I think ProwritingAid has made me a better writer.

Pros

I love all the different ways to dissect a piece of writing. Not only will it look at grammar and punctuation but style, readability, and glue words.

Cons

Supposedly, it works with Scrivener but I have not figured out how that works.

An acceptable helper for your personal editing.

I personally find editing a boring, not-so-fun time. I like re-writing, drafting, but editing is just blech. ProWritingAid helps that process go faster (even if not at human level). I previously used desktop applications to get my editing done. And while those worked maybe slightly better than ProWritingAid, it was less up-to-date, and didn't work at all online. Considering I write almost exclusively on a light device (chromebook), a desktop app really isn't a regular option for me. Editing was painful enough, I didn't want to switch to my desktop, or big 'topper if I was out and about. So, ProWritingAid does work well for me.

Pros

ProWritingAid simply drops in my browser. That's a plus. It offers a lot of the types of editing I need in my types of writing. Many others are just glorified spell and grammar checkers. I need more than that. I need an editor. But for the most part, I'm to cheap to get a human, so ProWritingAid helps me get some of the way there!

Cons

Like many electronic editing tools, ProWritingAid isn't perfect. It can get confused. I find that the "drop in" browser extension is a little annoying at times. The web front end provides me with more features that I regularly need. Which is ultimately what I was looking for. Some of the pop-up helps actually get annoying (But not my primary use-case).

Very useful in all aspects

I haven't been using it long, but I have been using it daily.

Pros

The suggestions for flow of story or message. The suggestions that fit to what's on the page.

Cons

We need plug in for Chrome to open an new tab.

A Wonderful Writing Aid

I write daily, process notes, reports, etc. and use it regularly for all I do now. I have not yet applied it to any of my longer writing (books, longer articles, etc.) but am looking forward to that.

Pros

There are several things to love about this software. One is that it integrates with all the writing platforms I use in a simple intuitive way (it is even helping my grammar in this review). It also gives excellent information in several areas and is helping me think more precisely about my writing, even though I have only used it for a couple of weeks.

Cons

It took a bit of work to get it set up. I think the most confusing thing was there was another (I think older, outdated) plugin for chrome. Once I got the correct plugin, things went well.

Review of Pro-writing aid

For the price, it is a great product. Overall, it is a must for anyone who wants to write well and correctly. I use it in combination with the free version of Grammarly.

Pros

Sticky sentences, grammar issues, and Style issues

Cons

it flags passive voice mechanically. Some mistakes have bugs in them. If you correct one, then it results in another. If you correct that, the previous error surfaces again. On rare occasions, grammatically wrong suggestions are made.

I love ProWritingAid

Excellent. I'm a new small business owner and first impressions are everything! ProWritingAid helps me make that great first impression.

Pros

I worry less about making errors in my writing because Pro Writing Aid has my back!

Cons

I guess if I could make it tell me what words to use when the program calls me out for passive voice... maybe that is too much to dream for....

Infinitely Better than Grammarly

I love ProWritingAid so much that I plan on purchasing a lifetime plan.

Pros

I cannot sing this software's praises enough. It had integration with Google Documents, for one thing, which makes my life so much easier. It breaks down its editing by category, such as style, grammar, spelling, etc.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the software is that when you want to remove the editing highlighting, the button to do that doesn't always work.

GRAMMAR NINJA

Working as a freelance writer, ProWritingAid has made my deliveries to my client(s) a great piece which has made me stand out among the crowd.

Pros

I have been a writer for almost 6years now, and this software has helped me improved so much when it comes to writing. ProWritingAid fixes tautological errors, flags wordiness, highlight tense errors, points at chronological errors, etc. Every writer needs to have this in their arsenal!

Cons

Data loss when program crashes sometimes.

Nice software

Pros

Ease of use and user friendly are the salient features that I liked

Cons

Limited range of features in a free trial

Wonderful Product!

One of my writing connections recommended the program to me and I waited and waited before using it. I knew from her description that I'd want to buy it and I just didn't have the funds. I was right, too. The program is so helpful and so comprehensive that you can't help but love it. I'm so happy it was recommended to me. It was easy to input my document and immediately, the trouble spots started showing up. The suggestions are most often spot-on, but I have the option to ignore if I feel the item is correct. I love it when I nail a document completely, which has happened only once. But wow! It works wonders on your psyche to make you feel like you're on the right track!

Pros

I love that this program offers a free option, and that the free option shows you how to fix to so many different things in your writing. It's so comprehensive and I can't wait until I can save up the money to buy the program. I recommended it to my girls to help them with school papers because I found it so helpful for my own writing. I write fantasy and being able to add strange new words to the dictionary has been a huge help in identifying whether my new words are spelled consistently throughout the document.

Cons

I write fantasy novels so my work is very long. My chapters are always longer than 500 words so it's a bit difficult to be certain my chapters are all making sense when using the free option. However, that works well for editing my blog posts. Other than that limit, I haven't come across anything I dislike about the program and since that's the benefit of buying the program...I can't really complain. :)

Mining drilling log

Pros

Correct sentence spelling and grammar errors.

Cons

Correct sentence spelling and grammar are not perfect.

I had Grammarly so what would ProWriting Aid Do for Me?

I highly recommend and use it daily!

Pros

I love this program! I use it every single day. The Echoes feature is amazing. I'm always shocked at how many duplicates I have in my books and resumes. I don't give a client a product or release a book without using this program!

Cons

Although I love ProWritingAid I also have to have Grammarly because each program catches different errors. It would be nice to have one program the did the work of both.

Prowritingaid

Good tool for improving your business writing.

Pros

This tool helps with better writing and runs a plethora of reports. This tool can replace some other tools, e.g. Hemingway app is just one out of 20+ reports in Prowritingaid. Feedback is excellent.

Cons

This software will not do the magic. If you don’t understand the rule according to which the software offers to correct mistake, you might still have an error after the correction.

Amazing product for everyone!

I found this product very easy to use and can see using it for all of my writing needs!

Pros

I loved that this product was so easy to use! I am not a writer but have been told I should write about certain things and I thought I would try this product to help me do that! I loved all of the tools it provided, from spelling and grammar editing to helping fix sticky sentences! It also helps teach you what you are doing wrong and why. I plan to have my son use this for his high school writing as well!

Cons

I can't think of anything I didn't like!

ProWriting Aid is a must extension

My overall experience with the product has been positive.

Pros

Summary, Style & Grammar is most impactful. Very easy to use either desktop or website.

Cons

Sometimes it does not highlight the correct word or groups of texts.

Writing Review.

My online writing of my books and use of English language.

Pros

Helped me to upgrade the standard of my writing.

Cons

Thios soft is perfect for my work and I have recommended it for every writer I come across.

Incredible Software. Best in its Class.

ProWriting Aid is my favorite writing tool. I love Prowriting Aid so much that I used it as my main editing tool when I wrote a 400+ page book.

Pros

ProWriting Aid has many great features, and it’s constantly improving. I love its readability analysis, spelling, and grammar checker. In fact, I like ProWriting Aid analysis more than I liked Grammarly’s.

Cons

I wish ProWriting Aid would provide a Microsoft Office add-on for Mac users (I use a Mac). They have an add-on for Windows users.

The greatest Writing Software.

There are no problems.

Pros

• Real Time Checker • Summary Option • Readability • Consistent It works perfectly on social sites like facebook and instagram.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the Pro Writing Aid. It is flawless.

Author uses PWA for self-editing and improving publishing

Excellent.

Pros

It integrates with Scrivener, browser and what I'm doing already.

Cons

Nothing yet. It gives me everything I need in my writing and communication.

I love this app

I love to use it.

Pros

It is easy to use and to understand, and it has many gems such as the option "Overused" that checks the frequency of overused words.

Cons

Maybe the color, just to be picky, the tile is a bit distracting.