ProWritingAid Reviews - Page 7

PWA is my editor

Incredible. I use it on every article I write, shared it with my husband who used it for his book also. We are big fans.

Pros

I love that the program goes into such detail. It picks apart every single word and I can edit as much or as little as I want. The options are extensive and it is so helpful, as I can’t afford an editor right now.

Cons

I don’t like that I still have to do editing and PWA can’t read my mind and do it for me! Just kidding, writing is just a lot of mental work but PWA helps lessen the load.

ALternative to Grammarly

Overall, a good product but the slow checking in real time was an off put.

Pros

The ease of installation. Download and go! There are a whole series of email blasts that you get from the authors on how to use and how to best set up the software to assist in what you are using it for.

Cons

Limited free trial and very slow at checking in real time documents over 6 pages long! Missed some of the more common words that should be checked i.e. your and you're

English as a 3rd language

Pros

easy to use it integrates with Firefox. the spell/grammar check and recommendation is simple to view and pick.

Cons

it didn't integrate with IE My work blocked the outlook attachment, but i understand why

PWA is a Big Help

I use this daily. It has become a big help.

Pros

There are many reports to consider in getting from 1st to final drafts. It has helped me with my English and grammar.

Cons

I wished it helped in understanding how to use some of the reports to their fullest.

It's alright!

Pros

Grammar suggestions Available on all programmes I use.

Cons

Pop up boxes where sometimes not needed. Made my outlook crash.

Pros

I like the fact that I can choose which editing features are important to me. Also important, I can use it on my social media pages.

Cons

I haven't figured out how to make it automatically highlight the errors in Word as I'm typing.

Easy to use and very handy

exceptional

Pros

The best thing is that it is so much easier to write using the app than not. And also I enjoy using thesaurus which helps me to build an outstanding writing.

Cons

There's no app for iPhone. That's probably the only thing.

Great editing tool

Like any writing tool, ProWritingAid's suggestions aren't always correct, but it's definitely worth using as a final editing pass.

Pros

As a writer and editor, I use ProWritingAid as that "extra set of eyes" every writer needs. I've found it to be easy to use, and appreciate the grammar, style, and readability suggestions.

Cons

The browser extension constantly gets in the way and once added a bunch of extra copy to a blog post I was editing (I've since disabled it). I also really wish it integrated with Google Docs.

Thanks for your review. You can install our Google Docs add-on here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/prowritingaid/omfmnnbhjbfjgjlfaibngilhpbnfkehe

Pros

I like that it includes more features than Grammarly, such as passive verbs and adverb checks. With Grammarly, you have to pay to get those features, but they are included for free here.

Cons

I don't like that when I'm typing an email, if I hover over a word that has been underlined, the box that comes up doesn't go away when I move my mouse, covering most of the rest of my email.

Its easy to use

Great. I'd easily recommend it to any user. How I wish it has a desktop app feature.

Pros

Pro writing provides additional editorial features intertwined with Thesaurus enabling writers and users to write, edit, check and easily compare their words and writing style with a vast array of options.

Cons

Its linkage with Thesauraus and the robust grammar editing feature and repetitive word check feature.

Excellent piece of Software

Very helpful and the customer service is prompt and attentive.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use, with daily emails to highlight various features. Very helpful. Yes, you must get used to it, but you have to get used to using anything new. It helps us check edits, saving time and energy. I am still exploring the different features, and learning new things every day. One of the best pieces of software I've used in a long time and I'm already relying on it every day. Wish I'd found it a long time ago!

Cons

I can't think of anything. So far, it's working very well.

Pretty good software

This software gave some pleasant options for word changes. This software is not a suitable replacement for a human editor/proofreader. Over all, it does a damn fine job. I typed this review using Pro Writing Aid.

Pros

The reports paint an excellent picture of your novel. One brilliant thing was it noticed 3 uk us spelling swap. I had used British spelling on 3 words. I could jump to them and correct. It highlights passive writing along with a host of other things you don't want in your story.

Cons

The Summary feature wouldn't work on Word for the full novel. Speaking of the spelling swap, Word found another one. Get ready for massive scene rewrites. The yearly licence fee is high (PWA suggest this as an alternative: the licence fee is exorbitant. I disagree. It is high, but not overly so). The desktop tool is brilliant. Remember to save the file in PWA first by hitting the save icon before saving it as a word doc as the changes didn't make it into the doc file and I had to do it again.

Your First Impression Matters!

I'm a virtual assistant, which means that I am usually writing copy for someone else, or I am working with a client's copy. I love PWA because it helps me help my clients put their best foot forward.

Pros

The way it integrates into Google Docs, and the different elements of a document that you can check.

Cons

I'm hard-pressed to think of anything that I don't like about this software. I haven't used other similar products, so I don't have a reference point.

Great Aid

Pros

I like its ease of use and alternate suggestions.

Cons

I have found no areas that need improvement.

ProwritingAid Really Helps My Writing

Pros

I will not sugarcoat this review. There have been a few times when I missed some needed corrections and so did ProwritingAid. However, during the year plus I have used ProwritingAid, they have made some significant improvements, which have corrected the problem and the added features have helped improve my writing.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, since the major updates.

Amazing Grammar Checker

I love ProWritingAid software. It solves grammar issues and helps with editing. I couldn't ask for more. It helped me with my main writing projects when I needed assistance. I loved it so much I told other people I know about it.

Pros

When I first tried this software I was so shocked. I needed a software that would help me with my projects and help me with my editing. I needed something simple and this did the job. I was so excited to use it and it's still so helpful. When I am editing my writing assignments I am able to go quickly through and this software catches every grammar mistake. I also love how I am able to use some of the helpful words on this software site. I also love how I am able to download this software with no problem.

Cons

I didn't like how when I first downloaded it I didn't understand some of the information on the screen, but as I slowed down I was able to figure it out. This software was easier than I thought.

My Personal Editor

My writing is clearer and stronger since using Pro Writing Aid. I write every day and it's been a blessing to have a personal editor right on the page with me. I feel much better hitting the publish button now. After running the reports, I'm confident I'm submitting my best version.

Pros

I like the overused word and cliche reports. I tend to overuse the same words (like "that" or "very") and/or cliches that weaken my writing. Pro Writing Aid catches all of them for me.

Cons

I had a hard time integrating the software with Google Docs. I'm sure it's a user error, but I just copy/paste into Word to read the reports.

research and academic writing

Excellent

Pros

the type of writing available and pointed recommendations.

Cons

Unable to change default settings for frequently used words or grammar correction because of the type of writing.

ProWritingAid

I like it. It's making me a better writer.

Pros

It really does help to make you a better writer. The fact it edits on the go helps considerably.

Cons

I don't like how sometimes it is wrong and you can't tell it that it is. I also don't like that it professes to be seamless with Scrivener, but it's not. You have to go in and out of both programs to make it work.

Pro Writing Rocks

The ongoing suggestions as I write are excellent.

Pros

I just began using the software. The grammar suggestions are excellent and I would like that feature enhanced. Besides my position in a theatre company, I worked for 16 years as a university professor. I would have enjoyed using this program for syllabi, creating specific rubrics for class lesson plans, creating presentations on the platform I used to post daily updates for the class, daily class agenda, and communication.

Cons

I just started the free trial. I can not speak to any deficit of the product. It seems fine so far. I would like to see the product enhanced but perhaps that happens when you sign up to pay for the product?

ProWriting Aid

This software frees me up from the drudgery aspect of editing and allows me to focus more on writing content.

Pros

I love that this software alleviates so much of the tedious editing work. I especially appreciate how the summary report provides such a comprehensive, helpful overview of all of the editing issues that need to be addressed.

Cons

The software was user-friendly. I have not encountered any complaints or issues.

ProWritingAid is great and much better than competitors I have tried.

Pros

I like that it helps make my writing come across better. I am not the best writer and ProWritingAid is better than gram... in usability and the information it provides.

Cons

I would like better suggestions around PASSIVE VOICE. I get it and I understand it and yet I am plagued with it. It would be great if the software had an option to better construct the sentence instead ... because BE is in the sentence it's passive voice.

Great for daily business communication

Pros

ProWritingAid offers excellent suggestions and rarely misses mistakes. Desktop version offers a lot of features.

Cons

Depending on the use case, a lot of features could go unused.

Love it!

I am pleased to have it make auto corrections with typos and misspellings. What a God-send.

Pros

When I'm in a hurry, it shows me where there are typos. Love it!

Cons

I like the product, but sometimes it suggests changes when what I have is correct the way it is. And I realize that the system cannot always be able to tell what is correct, based on the context.

Feedback - Manuscripts

ProWriting can be a very helpful tool if it can work faster on huge documents. It freezes when I work on Manuscripts. I have to subdivide my documents, and this is a waste of time.

Pros

Easy to use. Reporting is a nice feature, and I enjoy the product.

Cons

It can't handle huge documents. It freezes and wastes time.