Pumble Logo

Communication and collaboration management application

Pumble Reviews - Page 2

LW

Lee W.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Pumble Never Fumbles

We really have no issues with Pumble. It is permanently on our phones as well as desktops.

Pros

Pumble is great for sending quick messages without formality and for swapping files quickly.

Cons

It doesn't like Doc sharing - it converts the to PDFs.

Hi Lee, Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you find Pumble easy to use! Cheers!

BK

Brian K.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

The best communication tool and value for any organization!

Since we have deployed Pumble we have seen communications streamline. Its great to see our internal phone calls decrease so we have more time to pick up external phone calls. Pumble has given all of our team members the ability to feel like we are in the same room even though we are scattered in multiple buildings and some in virtual locations. I can't see operating my business as efficiently without it!

Pros

I love the ease of use with Pumble. I deployed Pumble 2 years ago and it has gone above and beyond all of my expectations. All of my team members are scattered across acres of property and in some cases are virtual. Pumble has brought the ability for field technicians to use the mobile app and show exactly what they are working on, forward pictures to the parts manager and service advisor for a clear...

Cons

The only issue I had was with the alert tone. In a noisy environment, the alert tone was often missed. I contacted support and advised if anything could be done. The Pumble Customer care associate took my request and logged it, advised it would be implemented in a future release thanks to my feedback, contacted me when the update was available and then they added multiple tone styles so each technician could pick what was best for them. I was more impressed that the associate actually created a ticket for it and then reached back out to me when it was eventually added. Its incredible to see that the associate cared enough to communicate my needs to their team and then follow back up with me. Hats off to Pumble and their team!

Mark P.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Super solid product with great UI

Super happy. Was referred to the app by Serbian entrepreneurs years ago - its come a long way since then and made the transitino from Slack really easy.

Pros

Fast, accurate, good UI, easy to use and setup, cheap, long history and good storage system

Cons

Can do with some more integrations but not critical to us

Thank you for your amazing review, Mark! We are glad to hear your feedback about Pumble and your transition experience! We will continue to improve our services for our users! Regarding your feedback about integrations, we are always looking to improve, can you let us know more which integration you would like to be added? You may pass on the suggestion directly to our product team here: https://pumble.com/feedback Feel free to also reach to our Support team if you have any additional suggestions, so they can forward it further as well. You can reach them to support@pumble.com Cheers!

NG

Nicolas G.

Wireless, 10,001+ employees

Le challenger Pumble, rival des géants TEAMS et SLACK dans la famille des communication internes.

Je l'utilise pour la première fois, il serait donc malhonnête de ma part d'en inventer une expérience.

Pros

L'on pourrait croire que Pumble ne serait pas à la hauteur de ses pairs, tels le mastodonte de Microsoft Teams, ou bien encore le géant Slack. Et ce serait humain...car nous sommes conditionnés à mettre au rabais des outils affichant une gratuité totale, en particulier au niveau des performances que l'on imagine mal aussi performantes que les célèbres rivaux. Et bien, une fois n'en n'est pas coutume,...

Cons

L'on a coutume de dire que nul n'est parfait...et bien les outils de communication n'échappent pas non plus à cette règle, Pumble y compris, malgré toutes les gratifications dont celui-ci a été couronné. Néanmoins, l'on se doit d'être honnête, et force est d'avouer que, bien qu'il y ait quelques défauts pouvant être gênants, tels l'absence d'appels vidéos, ou encore l'impossibilité d'initier une réunion...

Showing original review in French. See translation

Zee G.

Great for team communication

So far we have enjoyed it. We haven't moved the entire team to this instrument yet, but I think the fact that it has the feature of history keeping, might just be the thing that will move us there.

Pros

One of the main reasons we switched to Pumble from Slack was the fact that Slack was too expensive for us and the free version of it didn't keep the history of messages. Pumble has a free chat history feature included from the start which is very important for us. Another feature that we like a lot is the channels. It's pretty much the same as in Slack (and that was the reason we switched to Slack from Skype, that had the history, but we didn't really like the group's part. The messages and channels structure feels a lot more natural in Slack/Pumble than in Skype.)

Cons

So far the only thing that we didn't like is the absence of previews for files. For example, I have shared a PDF presentation with my colleague and while he can download it, he cannot preview it quickly in Pumble. (It's also possible that it can be changed somewhere in preferences, etc., but it's not an obvious solution.) This feature would make work a lot easier.

TH

Tom H.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Pumble as affordable slack

It's cheaper slack and sometimes it's kinda buggy, but overall it is becomes better and better.

Pros

It provides some of the most important features from slack. Channels with real time chat, calls, file sharing, mentions etc. and it has good security standards

Cons

Some things do not work as expected. It's getting better over time. When we first started, mobile notifications had common delay. Now it's seems to be fine, but calls on the other hand are not. It is difficult to establish connection (3-5 times) and sometimes it is just easier to switch to meet. There is no a lot of integrations and this is something that we would rly like (example YouTrack, Circle Ci, Figma etc). Also one of the biggest problems is that slack has integrations between servers and this can become for some to much to handle as we cooperate with couple different teams that are using slack. If there would be possibility to connect with people from slack via pumble then I would change my recommendation for pumble to 9

JB

Jess B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

More people should be using this!

If you’re a new business needed to communicate with a number of people, this app is the answer and I feel more people should know about it. Other competitors are charging extortionate rates for similar products and it makes absolutely no sense why everyone isn’t just using this.

Pros

It’s honestly changed the way I do business with clients - for anyone who’s working with a number of clients in any industry you generally don’t want to always give out your number or rely on common instant message platforms (especially if you want to try and switch off in the evenings) it’s been an absolute game changer for me being able to add all of my clients in and chat to them 1-2-1 at all times

Cons

I find a lot of my clients get confused during the set up - when I send them an invite they’ll often create their own workspace when I instruct them to join mine. So maybe the joining could be a bit more straight forward from that sense

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Pumble Review

I really like the app and its simple and beautiful design

Pros

Pumble is an outstanding chat app designed for seamless workplace communication. Its clean, intuitive interface ensures effortless navigation, while features like organised channels, direct messaging, and robust integration with other productivity tools make it indispensable for any team. Real-time notifications keep you updated without being overwhelming, and the app’s reliability ensures that you stay connected without any disruptions. Whether collaborating on projects or sharing quick updates, Pumble enhances productivity and fosters effective communication, making it an excellent choice for any professional environment.

Cons

There is not any thing that I don't really like from Pumble, but I can say that maybe more improvement in video meetings, adding more features like backgrounds, emojis or layouts.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Best collaboration app for small businesses, startups, and networking professionals

Love it, and have introduced dozens of other professionals to use the free version for their small businesses/sole proprietorships. Pumble helps the multi passionate professionals to compartmentalize and methodically approach the notifications that often invade our screens.

Pros

It has channels so I can prioritize which topics are urgent to ME. I also like that it does not have an algorithm or ads like Facebook.

Cons

The cost. I would like to see a more tiered pricing style that supports small businesses of 10 of smaller. The larger companies are more capable of absorbing the cost per seat.

Daniel C.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Excellent Chat App Beats Slack

Pumble has been a god-send. We have utilized it for consistent communication and overall it's performed flawlessly. We recommend this app to anyone who wants to get a chat communication started. We will continue to use Pumble as our team grows until we find something that we can't get from it and could get elsewhere (nothing yet).

Pros

Chats that don't disappear! Slack-like appearance without the slack price-tag.

Cons

Sometimes small bugs, but nothing really that drives me away from it. It is the best out there for our needs.

Thank you for your amazing review, Daniel! We are glad to hear your thoughts about Pumble and for recommending us! We will continue to improve our services for our users! Regarding your feedback about the small bugs, please feel free to reach out to our Support team anytime and we'll be more than happy to investigate it for you. You can reach out to us through this email (support@pumble.com) Cheers!

John T.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Very useful even at free level.

Very good. No buggy crashes. Clean interface. Easy to use.

Pros

Just like Slack, so transition for users is easy. Full featured even at the free level. Making us fans for when we upgrade.

Cons

Lacking integration with google drive and microsoft onedrive

Thank you for your amazing feedback John! We are glad to hear your thoughts about Pumble! We will continue to improve our services for our users! Regarding your feedback about the lacking integration, our team is already planning to add Google drive and One drive, you can check the status here: https://pumble.com/integrations I'll also add your vote for this integration for our product teams consideration. Cheers!

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Agile, Easy to Set Up, Accessible for All

So far, we are loving Pumble and happy to see how it will be a one-stop shop for helping our team get things done, communicate clearly, and share vital information and files.

Pros

So far, we are loving how easy and quick it is to onboard new members and get them up to speed with the features and functionality. The price point is fantastic, and the perks at the pricing tiers are exactly what we need.

Cons

So far, the integrations are wanting. In order to achieve full efficiency with Pumble, we are needing staples like Google Docs and Drive hooked up. It would be great for there to be a way to schedule events with a native group calendar that could then be integrated into each individuals existing calendars (so that the group can see free blocks of time and schedule meetings quickly/efficiently). And, of course, who can communicate effectively without GIFs? :)

Thank you for your kind feedback! If you'd like to suggest a feature that you'd like to see in the future, please feel free to fill out this form https://pumble.com/feedback. Cheers!

AS

Alisa S.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

A less-featured but great free alternative to Slack

Pros

It's free and easy to use! I think those are the biggest pros. It gives you all the basic functionality (threads, different rooms, access permissions, etc.) completely for free. We work with people all around the world, and no one has a problem with Pumble. A lot of other up-and-coming software have issues in certain countries, or are down for significant periods of time. In my experience, Pumble is simple but works. And that's what we need right now!

Cons

Predictable, Pumble is a limited software. There are a lot of features that a software like Slack has that mean that Pumble would not be a good long-term solution for us. These limitations include: - inability to do voice/video calls - you can't get a link to a specific message/thread

Hi Alisa, Thank you for your review! Kindly note that we've added one-on-one phone and video calls to our app and are currently working on group calls. Cheers!

Daniela F.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Is good but i dont speak english

Pros

FUnciona correctamente en cualquier medio, ya sea pc o cel. es facil de usar y corre en cualquier dispositivo aunque su rendimiento no sea el mejor (el de la pc)

Cons

nada por ahora, todas las funcionalidades me parece q funcionan correctamente. Quiza como critica, podria decir que me gustaria mas opciones de apariencia

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Hi Daniela, thank you for your kind feedback!

NA

Nigel A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Pumble - so far so good but short of a few features

Pros

Pumble works well using the features it has. Real time chat works well as does thread and direct messages.

Cons

(Note: using Xubuntu and xfce) No spell correction. Cannot tailor notification sounds. No voice calls, no video calls. "They're coming". Often slows down by end of day (desktop product) and has to be killed and restarted.

Hi Nigel, Thank you for your review! Kindly note that we've added one-on-one phone and video calls to our app and are currently working on group calls. The ability to customize notification sound will also be available in the future. And if you are experiencing any performance issues feel free to reach out to our support team at support@pumble.com. Cheers!

FH

Fatima H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Like Slack, but Cheaper!

My small nonprofit has been on the search for a team communication software that doesn't break the bank. Slack is great, but unfortunately, the free version wasn't cutting it for us. Luckily, we stumbled across Pumble, and it's perfect! It does everything Slack does, but for free!

Pros

It's free and very similar to Slack in terms of functionality. Very easy to use. The interface is great. You can have multiple workspaces as well.

Cons

I wish there was a desktop app! I wish you could have multiple workspaces under one umbrella organization for easier communication between entities.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Glad we made the switch from Slack

Pros

We’ve been using Pumble since it launched. Our team is amazed at how responsive their support team is. They’re continuously updating the software, and they really take on customer feedback. This was VERY important to us. We’re pleased to have such a great Slack alternative for less $. We transitioned from their Free plan, to Pro, and now finally to Server.

Cons

There were a few teething issues in the very beginning that have since been resolved.

Rodrigue N.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Chat, discuss and share in complete security

The fact that the service is free is a great advantage, it allows you to quickly familiarize yourself with the tools and services available

Pros

- Chat on multiple channels with different teams as well as direct private messaging- Share files in a confidential and secure environment in private and public groups- No limit on the number of participants

Cons

It's classic, no significant difference from similar platforms

TS

Taylor S.

Think Tanks, 1-10 employees

Amazing find

Pros

I love how it gives the trial as well as its ease of access. i really love that its similar to slack but less confusing!

Cons

I wish that it had a deal where 1 or 2 employees were discounted or free like a few others

Thank you for your feedback Taylor! We are glad to hear your thoughts about Pumble! We will continue to improve our services for our users! Regarding your feedback about the deals, we only have a 20% discount when subscribing annually (compared to monthly) and on our business plan you can also have 5 single-channel guests for free for every paid seat you have. For more information about it, please feel free to reach out to our Support team and we'll be more than happy to answer any question you have. You can reach out to us through this email (support@pumble.com) Cheers!

krishna S.

Excellent business resource and a Collaborative Tool

It is the best app to communicate with the team working with a big force. I am talking about the ease and rapid response here. When my organisation introduces Pumble we were like wow and we learned using Pumble from day one it gets on board it's that easy. I will surely recommend Pumble to everyone out there facing difficulties in communicating with the team. I loved it.

Pros

It's simplicity & easiness which you feel using this app and its some features like creating channel, groups, All DMs, thread feature is something which I like the most, This app is something you can't ask for more. Team communication got easier, we can see whether the person is active or not. Any type of file sharing is easier. It can be installed on both phone and the system. We can save notes by sending the documents or credentials to ourselves. like the chat user interface. love the channel sidebar. Simple and effective.

Cons

It should show the history or a text if the message is deleted by somebody, It gets difficult to find what message is deleted by whom in the group.

Thank you for your amazing review Krishna! We are glad to hear that you're enjoying Pumble and we will continue to improve our services for our users! We will gladly forward your feedback about deletion history to our Product team in order for them to consider it for future upgrades. Feel free to reach to our Support team if you have any additional suggestions, so they can forward it further as well. You can reach them to support@pumble.com Cheers!

JH

JD H.

Design, 1-10 employees

Nice alternative to Slack or Teams

In general everything has been perfect, the free version is very complete! and I consider the PRO versions to be economical.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up channels and invite new users.

Cons

The lack of integrations, I think it needs integrations with Notion and Figma.

Thank you for your amazing review JD! We are glad to hear that you're enjoying Pumble and we will continue to improve our services for our users! We will gladly forward your feedback about the integration with Notion and Figma to our Product team in order for them to consider it for future upgrades. Feel free to reach to our Support team if you have any additional suggestions, so they can forward it further as well. You can reach them to support@pumble.com Cheers!

DM

Daoud M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Its Something we need for projects - A shared place to communicate instead of Instant messaging...

I love the simplicity and usability...

Pros

I started using it in a few minutes, the User interface was straight-forward enough to start using the Pumble in minutes...

Cons

I think the colors need to be colors that can be modified to be easier on the eyes...

RK

Rupesh K.

Design, 11-50 employees

Better Than Slack

an absolute 5 star rated webtool, easy to use, pocket friendly.

Pros

The Features helps our team to improvise and narrow down the workload and the communication is to the point and file sharing has become the icing on the cake and smooth as knife through the butter. Overall a budget friendly web tool to help us beat the system barrier and meet the timeline with the company goals.

Cons

please market yourself (Pumble) more, there are a lot of the companies looking for your tool.

Thank you for taking your time to review our app, we are glad to hear that you're enjoying Pumble! Cheers!

SG

Sajal G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Finally a product that is a good alternative of in-house instant messengers

Overall it has been a feature rich experience with Pumble. So much more easy to manage your team and the conversations within the team. File sharing is an added bonus. We have used slack in the past but somehow the UI and UX of Pumble although quite familiar to Slack seems better.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to create channels to manage conversations about our projects. The best part is that it can be used on an iPhone or an Android or a Macbook or a Windows PC and even a Linux PC. You are connected everywhere and don't feel left out.

Cons

There is nothing that we haven't liked about this software so far. If something comes up, I would come back to edit this review :)

Hi Sajal, Thank you for your feedback! Cheers!

Jacob B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Amazing Team Communication Tool for Nonprofits and Small Business

Pros

I love the ease of use and the fact that it is similar to that of other tools like it. This makes for a easy transition to Pumble and all of my team members are familiar with the use of it. Creating zero to little learning curve.

Cons

It is definitely missing the features of tools that are similar to it. But i and my team are patient. The biggest thing missing is the notifications being unreliable. This is detrimental.

Hi Jacob, Thank you for your kind feedback! If you're experiencing issues with notifications being inconsistent, please reach out to us at support@pumble.com so we can assist with troubleshooting. Cheers!