Range Reviews

Range

Range facilitates teamwork that works from anywhere.

Range

Review Summary

Calvin P.

Philip K.

I like how you can see what colleagues are doing and the ability to rate how you feel and the daily question helps to boost team morale.

Stephanie W.

Philip K.

Calvin P.

Alex L.

4.7

The easiest way to support agile, remote work and workers

The company itself is great. I appreciate the outreach and support that we've gotten so far. And as I mentioned above, it streamlines a lot of the very manual check-in processes that we used to use. Adoption is growing exponentially, which feels like an overall success for me.

Pros

We're an incredibly distributed team. Over 50 people spread across three continents and a dozen different sites. Range helps me set shared objectives for my team and then gives me a view of what people are working on. I love that it ties updates to goals, and that it surfaces blockers and concerns in an easily digestible way. The additional questions that create trust and shared understanding are icing on the cake.

Cons

It's very G-Suite centered. That worked well at my previous company where we were deeply embedded within the Google ecosystem. It's a bit more challenging in a Microsoft tools world (Office, Sharepoint, Outlook). Not impossible, but it does require a bit more work.

Thanks so much for the feedback Andrew - we've got more integrations underway, so stay tuned.

Nice Approach to OKR's

Great, Customer service on point and the help articles keep it KISS oriented.

Pros

I think the way it's organized. It's pretty clear where to get things done. At the end of the day you've got to understand the OKR philosophy to make any of these OKR saas offerings to make sense. If you do understand OKR then range really flows as an organic extension of that philosophy. I love the meeting features and especially the 1:1 s as well The culture feature is something I have always looked for from fan OKR solution and Range nails it both with emojis and and org questions to foster a winning culture even if your team is remote.

Cons

Some of the integrations require webhooks which may be totally necessary but do reduce my user experience a bit.

Franz, thank you so much for your very thoughtful review and feedback of Range. Lots of encouragement for the team. If ever you're up for connecting to share more of yours and your team's experience with Range I would love to chat!

Sets up my day

I have enjoyed the experience so far. Looking forward to adding more people as well

Pros

I like that it forces me each day to think about what is most important for me to do

Cons

It can be difficult sometimes to navigate the software

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Excited to read that it's helping you prioritize. We're always making updates to Range, so hopefully navigation gets even easier soon. Would love to connect and learn more about your experience with Range if ever you have some time.

Best tool for (remote) stand-ups

Minimize meeting time, Range is a great tool to replace the daily stand-up meetings. Integration with Google Calendar is a big plus. The additional questions (team building, leadership, etc) are great. It helps remote teams to know each other better and initiate conversations on some watercooler.

Pros

This is the best tool for daily standup replacements. If there is no need for a face-to-face standup, Range does a good job of giving transparency to what everyone is doing.

Cons

The "objective" and progress tracking could have been better. Using hashtags works but quite inconvenient, and it gets messy when there are multiple objectives.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Range with us! Please do continue to let us know how we can keep improving things.

Range is the tool we were missing!

Overall, it's been really incredible. We've gone from boring, under-utilized, lacking stand-ups in Slack to using a tool multiple times a day. We're engaging with each other and appreciating our peers. It's been fantastic!

Pros

The product is incredibly easy to use, and my team members have really jumped right in. It's a really clean, useful, fun way to collaborate with each other. Range provides an intelligent way to perform our daily stand-ups. The Range team has been awesome to engage with, and was open to hear my feedback and ideas. It's hard to say what I like most, as it is such a huge improvement over the other tools we tried to use before. All in all, the best aspects are the development of team culture and progress of cohesion and collaboration which Range encourages.

Cons

This is hard, because the developers and designers have done an excellent job with this product. One thing is that we work across time zones as well as weekends. My team members who work on Saturday receive the Monday check-in question "How was your weekend?".

Hi, Philip. Thank you so much for this great feedback! We're really happy to hear that you're enjoying Range so much and that it is providing real value for your team. Would love to connect and learn more about your experience with Range so far if you can find the time.

Range is the easiest way to stay in sync with your remote team

Pros

It was dead simple to set up and the Slack integration made it an immediate natural extension of our team's daily workflow!

Cons

The UX of Objectives is difficult to navigate and we are still finding new easter eggs hidden as we explore it more. I'm really interested in using Objectives as a lightweight replacement for tools like TeamGantt but it's not _quite_ there yet.

Really appreciate your feedback in this review, Adam. Thank you! Would be great to connect and hear any more feedback you might have and see how we can continue improving Range for you and your team.

Ruthless Efficiency Making Way For Human Connection

Amazing. It enhanced our stand ups and team dynamic. I think it really helped our team get to know each other outside of team events and had us interacting as people daily, instead of cogs in a corporate machine. Although, I think this requires a pretty healthy environment for it to work; stand ups are about honesty and if the work environment is tense due to team members disliking each other, or a manager who micro-manages and is doing everyone's job for them, this can quickly become a tool of tyranny.

Pros

The daily personal question. It, in drastic hyperbole, humanizes your team mates since I feel like sometimes people see each other as not even though we give it our best go. This happening daily was a good reinforcer of that.

Cons

I think sometimes the integrations with GitHub, JIRA, and Google Calendar give questionable suggestions. If you say, forget to put an update sometimes it'll give you suggestions from the week, but a few times due to shenanigans I sometimes get suggestions from months ago.

So happy to learn about the improvements Range has been able to help you and your team make. Thank you, Alex, for taking the time to share your very thoughtful feedback! As we continue to develop Range, please do continue letting us know where we can improve.

Business productivity

Provided me with better management visibility over my achievements, task list, and plans; allowed for heightened collaboration on our work lists and projects

Pros

Am not the most organized person so am always on the lookout for in integrated tool that my team may also use and collaborate on. Range is the first solution that meets my needs after nearly 30 years of working.

Cons

Online tutorials based on functions would be of great help to newbies

Thank you, Noel, for sharing this feedback. Really happy to hear that you're finding value and real benefits in using Range. And we'll be working on tutorials!

A daily drumbeat for my team

Range has made my team feel less lonely, and it's allowed me to understand the individuals on it better. By helping to establish a communicative process, it made transitioning to being a remote team easier. It's well designed and easy to use. Not every team member feels comfortable answering its emotional questions, and not everything is perfect for our use, but I'm very glad it's become a daily part of our routine.

Pros

Range makes it incredibly easy to stay on top of what my team is doing - and what they're feeling. Particularly during the remote coronavirus lockdown, this has become invaluable. It's a simple way to help everyone understand what's going on across the team.

Cons

The meeting feature is good, but not quite right for us. We ended up customizing the idea and running it out of a Google Doc for a little more flexibility. I'd love to see more customization here.

Thank you, Ben, for your feedback. It's great to hear that you are getting real value from Range and that it's helping you all during this time. And we're continuing to look at how we can improve all of our features, so thanks for the feedback on meetings!

Clean and awesome UI for powering Max efficiency

Our team saves so much time from daily stand ups, half hour for each member * 8, 4 hr a day dev time back to our hands! that's huge improvement if you are looking to have more efficient communications!

Pros

UI is very easy to use and super cool workflows and takes mins to adopt. Great integrations with calendar, JIRA, Github and slacks, drag and drop to populate very detailed status updates.

Cons

Some of the settings are little bit hidden, rarely we need to remove a user, so it can use some improvements.

Thanks so much for sharing this feedback! Really glad you're liking Range and that it's providing real value to your team. If you're up for sharing additional feedback with us, I'd love to chat.

A happy user of Range

Very happy to have Range in my working process.

Pros

It solves all the problems of daily stand-up. It's easy to track the history, interact with colleagues, and give me reminders for future tasks.

Cons

I use Range as my first step in my daily work and I write down my daily check-in with it. The only thing I would like to complain is I have to click the "daily check-in" in the menu rather than the screen pops up in my view at the first stage.

Hi, Daniela! We wanted to say thank you for using Range and for taking the time to share your feedback here. We will continue making improvements Range, so please continue to let us know if there are improvements you would like to see.

Helps keep everyone in the loop!

Overall have a very good experience and use it every day. Recommend for companies that have a lot of remote workers.

Pros

- The ability to get an overview on what everyone is doing - being able to run meetings and take notes effectively - lets you prioritize your day as you are doing your checkin

Cons

- the notes and topics section when doing a meeting can be a little confusing. We edit the topic, but it wont save it as a note unless you add a note. I find that extra step unnecessary and it could be more streamlined.

Thank you, Tom, for sharing your feedback with us (especially for the note on meetings).

I like using it, not sure I would pay for it

I love the questions and I talk about them with my colleagues who don't use Range often.

Pros

- the reminders to use it - the integration with google calendar (I used to have to reference several tabs to build these lists) - the team question every day

Cons

- don't understand the meeting function so well, I think a better understanding of how I could use it would help - it creates less friction to a task my team would do anyway but I'm not sure the slight reduction in friction is worth paying for

Thanks very much for the feedback. We have some updated information about best practices running meetings, on Help Center, but will look to develop more walk throughs so you can understand how to make the most of the meetings feature. We'd also be able to happy to walk you though it through it if you connect with us through the Intercom customer support channel.

Don't know what I'd do without you!

Pros

Range is awesome. They're frequently adding new features, the design and functionality is extremely intuitive, and they have outstanding customer service. They're always looking for what users want to see in their product, and it's clear they're listening.

Cons

Some of the integrations could be build out even deeper.

Thank you, Kevin, for your feedback and support!

Range review

Pros

Questions about getting to know your team

Cons

I get logged out randomly and Slack can be kind of noisy with the integration. It will ping you directly and also ping channels.

Thanks for your feedback, Chris! Really glad you're enjoying the culture and team-building questions. And thank you for using Range!

Great piece of software for managing standups, meetings and OKRs

It helps everyone see what everyone's doing every day

Pros

Daily standup summaries in Slack are really helpful for tracking remote/WFG employees.

Cons

Trying to get buy in from people who like doing things the old way. No complaints about the software.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here, Brent! Really grateful for champions like you.

Great tool for teams

It's been such a help for our team. Also for providing clarity around OKRs and weekly meetings.

Pros

Range helps our team in a bunch of ways. We're a team distributed across separate campuses (and now all remote), and it's one of the tools we use to keep on the same page. The best tool, actually. Range's daily check-ins mean we always know not just what people are working on, but how people are doing. Range makes all of this super straightforward.

Cons

The good thing about Range is transparency within a team and among teams. If you're not up for that, it might be hard. But it's not been an issue for us.

Thanks Mark for the feedback and the great point on transparency.

Range is a great to-do list

Overall, Range has been a great way for me to keep my mind focused on the tasks that need to be done for the day. It's also a great way to create a history of my work, including artifacts that may get lost in the shuffle of JIRA, Google Drive, etc.

Pros

I love the Daily Check-in feature - it's the only feature I use, more or less. I love being able to create a to-do list for the day, and I love that the tasks are automatically checked off if they're associated with a calendar event (like a meeting).

Cons

Not being able to drag events (Calendar events, JIRA tickets, Asana tasks, etc.) into previously created tasks in My Plan.

Thank you, Shuo! Really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Great, easy software to consolidate work, teams, agendas and meetings

Overall experience has been satisfactory.

Pros

This software is very simple and to-the-point. Has a few selected sections so you are never lost or overwhelmed. The meeting manager is great. It lets us create and conduct easy interactive sessions. The UI is simple, friendly and moves away from a very formal approach making it easy for new users to warm up.

Cons

It's a web based software. You can download the app but it always takes you to the webpage and you have to sign in with a link.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Really glad to learn you've found it easy to navigate and use Range.

Great for remote teams in current climate

Positive overall! I've recommended to a lot of friends and coworkers for keeping teams engaged in the current climate.

Pros

Helps my team organize their thoughts at the beginning of each workday Culture questions add something fun for everyone to bond on

Cons

UI could be a bit more straightforward, constantly toggling around trying to get to the full team answers

Thanks for your feedback, Marissa! Really glad to learn you're finding value from Range and that it's helping your team. Would love to connect and share some recent updates with you and learn how you think we could advance the UI.

Range gets your team on the same page

Range has been great in connecting team members with eachother to see what what we're working on. It's easy and fast to use.

Pros

I like how Range brings transparency on what different teams are doing. It gets us all on the same page on what we are all working on.

Cons

Some of the personal questions are a little random and out there.

Hi, Carolina. Thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know you and your team are finding value in Range!

Good for Team Moral

It is good to see what everyone has on their plates.

Pros

Cons

It doesn't have much use for us besides the daily check in.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Stephanie. Would love hear what we could add to Range to make it provide more value to you and your team.

Range Review

Pros

I am able to create a to do list and be able to share with the team that i have checked in. It can be integrated with other software applications.

Cons

I had to figure out initially on my part how to to daily check ins and make sure that it is published(not really a real issue anymore, figured it out quick enough after taking my time) Can my check ins be done without publishing it to my team?

Thank you for the feedback! You can't, at this time, publish check-ins without sharing them with your team. Would love to learn more about how you would like to use Range if you're up for chatting.