Revver Logo

Cloud based, dynamic document-work management system

Revver Reviews - Page 2

RS

Richard S.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Long Time User

We have been using Revver (formerly efilecabinet) for 9 years. The prior software (we used desktop, on premises) was actually very stable and usable. Search was instantaneous. It was easy to view your files, profiles and store things. When you drag something into your cabinet, the profile bar would pop right up and allow you to input any data you wanted to store with the file. ALL of that...

Pros

The setup and interface is still very simple. Document folders are easy to navigate

Cons

Web based interface just seems cheap. For an expensive product, it just feels like corners are cut. Search is unbearably slow. This is the killer for us. Interface windows/displays are not customizable. You can no longer see a preview and a profile at once.

JL

Janice L.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Zonal OCR - eFile Cabinet's best feature that we can't use

Great support from the SALES people in terms of getting you set up with basic access to your account. Nothing special after that. The software is WAY overpriced if all you need to do is provide online access to documents. The only reason we would consider renewing is if we were provided the cooperation and adequate assistance from tech support to properly train users on Zonal OCR, rather than being made to feel like you're the last person they feel like talking to. Or, FIX the software so that you don't have to spend so much time teaching non programmers how to use it.

Pros

The software has a lot of great features, such as easily being able to manage user access to documents, ease of creating files, uploading, downloading, etc. I really like the Rubex icon which can easily be added to the "ribbon" dashboard in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.

Cons

There are several different choices available to businesses today that offer the same basic features and functions offered by eFile Cabinet for a fraction of the cost. The cabinet structure is extremely limited, and the icons for cabinets and drawers (ugly gray block looking thing) look way too much alike, causing confusion for new users. E-File Cabinet's Zonal OCR is what could potentially separate...

AY

Adam Y.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Alfresco Enterprise Alternative

We needed a modern, robust, cloud-based document management system for long term digital archiving. Overall eFileCabinet has served our needs very well.

Pros

The conversion team saved us from an aging system that we needed to abandon. The Cloud Server being the same cost as an on premises server was a great incentive for choosing eFileCabinet. The Cabinet -> Folder structure is easy to understand and navigate. The ability to share large files with users outside of our organization easily has also been a boon.

Cons

Search is powerful, but due to the Alfresco Enterprise system we imported from relying on metadata tags for search, very particular steps are needed to use the search in eFileCabinet's Rubex properly. It's confusing for our core users sometimes. I'm not sure if I would feel differently about Rubex's search functions had we started our digital archive in Rubex, but as it is this is a function that is mildly frustrating.

CW

Chelsie W.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Saving Space and Saving Time

Keeping up with paperwork for at least seven years per project can be absolutely overwhelming. It takes up physical space, it is difficult to navigate and find items from years ago. Not to mention the dust bunnies that build up! Our company absolutely adores this product because it really gives us a space to keep all of our documents organized, stored in a safe place, and dust free! You cannot ask for more when it comes to keeping up with documents!

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to navigate and to use. The sector our company is involved requires tremendous amounts of paperwork, high compliance standards, and impeccable organizational aspects. Having e-FileCabinet simplifies keeping up with the paperwork and gives us the option to discard physical copies of old paperwork from old projects. Another aspect of the software is the ability for anyone in the company to have unlimited access to the paperwork needed. It's very simple to log onto our account and find what we need. One other aspect that is one of my favorites is the ability to customize what drawers are within each folder when created. This makes the ability to really organize our work effortless.

Cons

What I like least about the product is I have found on a couple of occasions where the PDF file did not upload properly and when accessed at a later date, the file would not download. Other than this issue, we have had no issues with the software.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this glowing review with us about your experience! We love that we get to support your business and thank you for being our customer!

PC

Patrick C.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

eFileCabinet

Fantastic. Simple. Not afraid to use it as it is not overwhelming and almost no learning curve.

Pros

A platform that provides an intuitive, simple and common filing system that mimics what one would utilize if using paper. There is very little set-up and also provides the ability to accommodate/configure each company's needs. The accessible customer service is based in USA and everyone has been extremely helpful without hold times. They will train you more than once, if needed, as it is a very simple means of going paperless. They are not trying to reinvent the wheel in filing but are continuously upgrading and improving its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing for me, since my application is cloud based and not desktop, is integration with other vendors. On the other hand, i am not sure if I would ever need to integrate with my other vendors.

It's awesome to learn more about you use eFileCabinet and that you love the customer service and support. We're grateful for you as a customer and we really appreciate your time to leave this review!

LC

Lisa C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Worth it!

We have had an excellent experience with eFileCabinet. The customer service team is very responsive, our sales person is well informed on the product and can easily direct you to the team member who will be able to assist you with a problem. The trainers are patient and are willing to advise on the set up of your files. Our trainer, Kevin, knows EVERYTHING about the product, and is willing to do multiple sessions for us to make sure that we understand how to use the product.

Pros

eFile Cabinet and the associated Rubex software make moving from paper files to digital files easy. The various add-ins provide access to the system from your email, PDF, MSExcel, and MSWord. Once uploaded, the files (and their contents) are easy to search. An additional feature that is particularly useful for our team is the ability to allow a "guest user" to access files for a limited time. This is a lifesaver for managing audits and allowing employees to access and view documents in their file. The best feature in this software is the "help" automations that literally walk you through the different activities you may want to accomplish in the software.

Cons

This software can be used be a team that does not have a "plan" for moving to a digital platform, but that is very unwise. It is easy to begin using it right away; the biggest challenge comes in the set up and administration. There is a definite learning curve, and the training that is offered should be readily accepted -- it will be needed, and it is very helpful!

Wow, this is amazing feedback to hear and we're so grateful to be supporting your business and look forward to helping you with future successes. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

PS

Philip S.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Excellent way to go paperless

The tech support staff at eFile Cabinet has been great to work with when any issues have asrisen. As a CPA tech support is everything and if you can't support your product in a timely fashion the product is worhtless.

Pros

Easy to use, secure storage of client. I wanted my data management system to be separate from my tax software should I ever want to change company's. Also from previous experiences I need a company that would stand behind their product and was large enough to be around in the future.

Cons

After buying a license with annual support I was forced to switch to an annual renewal. Shades of Microsoft & Adobe with monthly/annual subscriptions. So as long as you don't mind and annual subscription . . . . . .

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

JM

Julie M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

**Supreme** (online) Document Management Storage Software!

In the business world today, there are mountains and mountains of paperwork. Being able to limit and severly reduce our paper file storage has amounted to savings of thousands of hours and dollars. The ability for our PM's to be able to search for a document their smart phone or tablet while on the job and find the document/invoice/proposal/bid/change order, etc. is invaluable and hard to put a dollar amount on! There are many DMS software programs out there, but eFileCabinet is perfect for our enterprise!

Pros

Our (big) small construction business has been using eFileCabinet for almost 5 years now. We have 8 users who interact with the software on a daily basis. The flexibility of searches, profiles (tags), ease of organization, templates and such make this such a great program for our office. The ability to see documents on our smart devices or using a web browser (online version) is crucial to our project mgrs and even office staff when we are working remotely. I am a huge fan of this software and every update that comes out just improves the program even more. We are very happy with the tech support (hardly need it) on the rare occasion we encounter an issue. **Highly recommended**

Cons

I pondered this question for a good length of time. I honestly cannot complain about anything at this juncture. I am the "admin" for our account and so I do all the setup, permissions, user groups, profile setups, etc. I am the most knowledgable of the software at our office and can say with certainty that we are extremely happy with our use of eFileCabinet.

Wow, thank you so much for leaving this glowing review. We really appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that we've been able to support your construction business with being able to go to a digital storage system with our document management software. We very much look forward to continuing to support the success of McGuirk Sand-Gravel, Inc.

MC

Michael C.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Please contact me to explain if your software will improve

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. The linking between EFCO and SecureDrawer is great except there are so many limitations and issues with the new version of SecureDrawer that many of our professionals and many of our clients at times...

Pros

You can link SecureDrawer to eFileCabinet. And you can access from virtually anywhere

Cons

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. Versioning doesn't work in eFileCabinet. Filtering doesn't work in SecureDrawer, you cannot download multiple files or sometimes upload multiple files at once without issues or errors. Permissions...

sb

stephen b.

One of my Most Valuable Tools

I stumbled upon this software while searching for a better paperless solution in my office when I learned that my tax software would no longer support their own document management system. They recommended another system, which I found wholly inadequate, both from the standpoint of transitioning and customer care, both of which were less than adequate. When I discovered Efile Cabinet, I found a solution that offered more than I was even looking for and included a level of customer support that I have found to be extremely responsive, considerate and very helpful. I also had an experience where my hard drive crashed and the tech support at Efile Cabinet helped me to restore everything from Cloud view on to my desktop, so I was up and running again in very little time.

Pros

This software has so many features and offers far more than what I ever expected - including the ability to preserve all items in the cloud automatically, the app to be able to retrieve, alter and transmit documents from anywhere with ease and the Secure Drawer option that allows me to share files with my clients back and forth. There are many training videos available, so I'm able to get answers to my questions easily and when I can't figure something out, the tech support is readily available to me. In short, this software is one of the most important tools I use in my office.

Cons

I wish the software had a direct connection to my tax prep software so I could print tax returns directly to client folders, but that's more a function of the tax software than Efile Cabinet, so I can't really hold it against them. It's really the only thing that I don't like, and it's a small thing relative to all the good things.

We're excited to hear that eFileCabinet is one of the most valuable tools around your office. We strive to provide strong support for eFileCabinet users and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

Eileen J.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Powerful document management and collaboration

This is a solid and functional platform for document management and team collaboration. Its versatility and useful features make it a valuable tool for any office manager. It would be useful to further explore its capabilities and consider implementing it in project management and internal workflows.

Pros

I have been impressed by its wide range of collaboration and document management tools. Its ability to assign access permissions at different levels and version tracking makes it easy for me to maintain control over shared information. Real-time editing features allow team members to work together on a single document, which streamlines communication and improves productivity. The built-in chat function is also useful for real-time discussions. The option of predefined, customizable templates saves time in document creation.

Cons

The user interface design and experience could be improved, as some menus and options can be confusing for new users.

Kathryn F. B.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Better Than Others With Room for Improvement

eFileCabinet support has been quick and resolved any questions/concerns that I have. The price is higher than others but you get more features than lower-priced programs.

Pros

The ability to customize sharing so much; granting access without individual having to have separate account for program; preview pane; branding ability; multiple viewing panes at once; audit trail easily accessible; folder templates; e-signature in program

Cons

Invitation email 24 hour timeout; inability to select multiple files that aren't listed consecutively; drop down for filing is visually a little difficult to differentiate between; works better in certain internet browsers; Gmail will not allow as third-party app because level of security not high enough (for pulling in emails)

It's great to learn more about how eFileCabinet is helpful for your business, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with this review and your feedback!

KB

Kara B.

eFileCabinet Review

We love e-file cabinet, and we love the IDEA of secure drawer. But it is just so difficult for our clients and us to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I like how it is laid out. I like the function of emailing encrypted documents.

Cons

Secure drawer is HORRIBLE. Our clients and us are ALWAYS having issues with it. We love the idea. We love having a secure way to send docs, however it needs to more simple. And when we are able to speak with customer service they're fantastic and always tremendous help. However sometimes the wait times to get ahold of CS is difficult. Most of the year I can sit on hold for 40+ mins and it is not a problem. But during Tax Season Feb-Mid April, I do not have time to sit on hold for that long. I just cannot. So that is a very small downfall, however it very normal with any system and any customer service team.

It's great to hear that you love how easy eFC is to use. We're excited to announce that we have some big changes launching soon that will improve the user experience even more and we would love to tell you more about how these changes can assist in your frustrations with Secure Drawer. We are hosting a free webinar on April 25 to discuss these changes, if you are interested you can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc...

DA

Daniel A.

A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business

Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Pros

The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Cons

What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

RL

Rocky L.

Multiple Locations

This helped us mange our files better and more efficiently. It assured with the accessibility of files for everyone in the organization. Opening over multiple states this is a must.

Pros

What we like most about the software is the accessibility from multiple locations and ease of use.

Cons

It is a little hard to mange on your phone. Not impossible but takes some getting used to for old eyes.

It's awesome to hear that you love the ability to use eFileCabinet in multiple locations across multiple states! We strive to help your business be more efficient! Thanks for leaving us your feedback, we truly value you as a customer and are grateful for the review!

JD

Jacqueline D.

Great storage option!

I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Pros

Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Cons

Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice...

eFile Cabinet and SecureDrawer

I am able to share files with my clients in accordance with IRS guidelines.

Pros

My clients and I are able to share files securely.

Cons

I need a workflow management solution which is not included with eFile Cabinet.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear your feedback!

KR

Karen R.

eFileCabinet User for Many Years

I have a tax and accounting practice, and eFileCabinet allows me to have very little filing space. Everything is returned to the clients, and I scan everything and have access to whatever I need or want from there.

Pros

eFileCabinet allows you to print straight to the program from every other program I have ever tried - Microsoft suite programs, accounting software, QuickBooks, tax software, everything! This feature along with the ability to quickly scan and store items make a paper-free office a reality, not just a goal.

Cons

I have my eFileCabinet set up very detailed. I would like to be able to click on where I want the file saved or printed to and then just scan or print it straight in there. Most times I have to click as many as six different things to save the document where I want it. That has been a complaint of mine since I started using the software.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We are excited about some new features that will be launching soon that are going to improve the user experience even more. We would love to tell you more about them and are hosting a free webinar on April 25 where you can learn more. You can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available to discuss some of these new features and can show you how they can improve your processes. We hope this helps and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

PM

Priscilla M.

Finding documents

Ease of retrieval, ease of filing, quick review of documents in a file. We have a client portal as part of our web site so we don't use the secure drawer feature.

Pros

I love the OCR feature. If I know I've written an article or written a letter to IRS on a subject and I don't remember who the client was or when the article was written, putting in the key words brings up the appropriate documents. It is easy to re-title documents and storage is easy. We have e-file cabinet icons on excel, word and e-mail. Just click on the icon when you want to file something...

Cons

We have a file structure that uses cabinets for current clients and former clients and it is not as easy as some of the other operations to move drawers.

It's so great to hear how the OCR feature is able to help support your role, and we love to be a part of your business's success! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review!

KW

Karen W.

Does the Job!

We have to use eFileCabinet for our financial and tax business. Our tax software doesn't support eFileCabinet so it takes us extra steps to save completed pdf files of tax returns into the software. For our financial clients, we are required to have this software so we have . But, overall, the software does what it is supposed to - to keep your documents safe and secure in one easy to search place. Customer service is reachable and they will answer your questions when they are able to.

Pros

This software will make it easy for you to keep important documents for your clients and for other aspects of your business in one place, safely and securely. It is fairly flexible in that you can organize the client "files" and "filing cabinets" how you like. You can search for the client name which makes it easy to find what you are looking for with only a few keystrokes.

Cons

The software can be a little confusing to use and a bit finicky if you double-click on your pdf files that you want to "check out". I've lost items that I had scanned into the software because the pdf file gets locked up and can't be recovered. I called support for help, but they either didn't understand what my issue was or couldn't recreate it to fix it. I just try to be careful when viewing or "checking out" documents. You can also scan documents directly into the software, but this software does not have the ability to manipulate the saved scans - like, if you decide that you want to add or delete or even change the orientation of an already saved document you will need to purchase a full version of adobe pdf software.

It's great to heart that we're able to help your business store documents for your clients securely. We're excited to be launching some new features that will work even more efficiently and seamlessly with other tax software platforms and hope this will really help your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

JS

JEFFREY S.

Original user

Pros

I purchased E file cabinet when it was first developed. I have used the original version because I do not use Microsoft office. The later versions require Microsoft Office to age maximum benefit and data encryption from the product. As a single practitioner I do not need encryption. So if you are considering purchasing the product be aware that the technical service is wonderful. The assistance they provide me with annual setting up new year universal templates is worth the reasonable annual maintenance cost for the service. The people are helpful and the phone support from Mountain time to Eastern time is convenient.

Cons

The current versions require Microsoft email if you want to attach a file to an email. I use Chrome so if I want to attach a file I have to print it to the desktop then attach it to the email. Then I have to delete it from the desktop.

It is great to hear that you find eFileCabinet service valuable and the support helpful. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

NS

Nicole S.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Good electronic document storage

Overall, eFileCabinet has been a great solution for our small business to be able to securely store all of our company documents. It is great that we can share our information with all of our employees and even restrict certain access. It has been a good, economical solution for us!

Pros

It is very helpful to be able to drag and drop documents/attachments from email into eFileCabinet. It is also very helpful to be able to print documents directly into eFileCabinet.

Cons

It would be helpful if it was easier to select and email certain documents directly from eFileCabinet.

We love that we get to support your business and that you find the drag and drop feature so helpful! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

SH

Samantha H.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Great Idea, Needs Updates

The functionality is lacking but the basic structure of having access to your files and the connection is very secure is the upside.

Pros

That I can access my files anywhere from any device. Docusign is included, or esignature. the security of the software. The way the files are organized.

Cons

When I upload excel documents and then try and check in with changes there have been multiple instances where my changes were not saved! Its very frustrating when I have to make the same edits over and over again. I have about 5 or 6 guests on the account and they seem to always have trouble with the app...opening...downloading...viewing. They also have had many issues across devices especially apple....

VR

Vicky R.

Research, 1-10 employees

Ok software with so-so customer support.

I like the software, it has a ton of potential, just still a lot of bugs and glitches that are frustrating and counter productive, especially on Mac.

Pros

It is a great software for document management, version control and document sharing. It has been very useful for our 5 employee team.

Cons

Customer service is so-so and since the software doesn't work very well on Mac, we've encountered many issues over the year we've used it. It is unfortunate because it works very well on PC and if they could make it as good on Mac it would be amazing. My biggest issue is that it is sold as Mac compatible, but every time we run into an issue on Mac, the help desk always struggles to help us. For example, we haven't been able to use the software properly for over a month now and the problems still haven't been fixed, which is very frustrating.

PN

Pushkar N.

Capital Markets, 10,001+ employees

efilecabinet review

Despite some glitches, I found efilecabinet as very robust product

Pros

1) Ease of use - It was so much easier to setup efilecabinet for loading and retrieving document 2) Very easy to control user access to the Cabinet, Drawer and folders 3) With Sidekick on desktop, using efilecabinet is like using file explorer. No user training required 4) We got efilecabinet approved for 17A(4) from FINRA so were able to replace Broadridge repository

Cons

1) It is not possible to generate few simple reports. For example, I wanted to send out an email listing all the documents stored in certain folders that day but that is not possible 2) Found that douments which passed retention were not automaticall moving to Expired folder

It's great to hear that eFileCabinet is able to help your business by making your documents easy to access with user controls and with little training required! We love to be able to support your business and look forward to providing you with continued support. Thank you for taking the time to leave us with this feedback.