Scribd Reviews

4.0/5 (10 reviews)

george wilson

read, read and keep reading

Reviewed 2018-08-23

Pros
scribd is an excellent platform, where you can find hundreds of papers, books, magazines, audiobooks and much more. Its catalog is very broad and ranges from children's stories to university articles and books of scientific content. You can also search your favorite reading not only by content, but also by the language of your choice. And the price? ... the price is quite good for everything you can access, and while it is true is not kindle unlimited, if you are a frequent reader the value of the subscription is paid for itself. In relation to the mobile application, in the android system (which I use) it works with a lot of fluidity and speed. The audiobooks have good audio, and the texts look very good, and they do not lose resolution by increasing the size of these.

Cons
the bad point, according to my point of view, is that it has no integration with any ereader, which from my point of view is a point against, since it is certainly much more comfortable, and healthy for the eyes, access and read from digital reader to be reading from the computer, tablet or mobile.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Michelle Elana

Scribd is the what you get when you marry all the best media apps and they procreate

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Pros
Scribd is itunes, audible, kindle, the library, stitcher and google docs all rolled into one - with a few extra bells and whistles if that wasn’t enough already!

Cons
The price of Scribd is a bit steep - for those who are used to getting a discount on the price of audiobooks, kindle books or similar types of media - but still a steal - of you consider what you get in return for one monthly cost.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Andreina Carrasco

If you love reading then you should use Scribd

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2017-11-30

Pros
Scribd is a platform that allows you to read books, articles and documents from a variety of topics such as money, personal growth, politics, science and technology, health and fitness, lifestyle, entertainment, biography, stories, fiction. It also includes audiobooks. Downloading the mobile application you will carry your personal collection of books in your pocket. In addition, you can classify the books according to your preferences and make collections. You can try free trial of 30 days.

Cons
Maybe avoid forcing the user to enter their payment information from the moment you want to try the free trial because some users forget to cancel the recurring payment if they do not want to continue using the service.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

This is where I got all my solutions for class

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-05-11

Pros
Scribd allowed me to search up possible resources for school I could use, including audiobooks that pertain towards a certain class I'd be taking. It's helpful to help you understand if you're reinforcing the material correctly.

Cons
Students are poor...unfortunately not everyone can afford the service. It'd be nice if there could be a few more freebies for newcomers.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

cristian torrance

read everything you want

Reviewed 2018-06-25

Pros
It is a fairly simple and easy to use platform. in Scribb you can access hundreds and thousands of documents shared by users of the same platform. The reading system is quite nice, you can increase or decrease the size according to your convenience. In scribb you can find from loose images, to complete books in a decent quality.

Cons
Yes or if you must be a user and be registered to access the contents. The free user has restrictions on downloading and viewing in some files.

john ritchie

an excellent app to read and listen to everything you want

Reviewed 2018-08-03

Pros
1.- Easy and fast to install on mobile devices. 2.- environment very easy to use and visually pleasing. 3 .- runs quite well, without freezing. 4.- It works without cuts or interruptions, both in audio books as in ebook or texts.

Cons
to access an ebook you must have a paid account, otherwise it does not work properly and you can not fully enjoy all the benefits and advantages of scribd

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Brady Patterson

Makes Reading Stuff Simple

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-04

Pros
I like that I can find so many of the articles and book I want to read in Scribd. As I peruse the web, I'm consistently coming across books that I want to reference and usually can do a quick review before buying via Scribd. I don't know if that was the original intention but it has made my life a lot simpler.

Cons
I don't have anything around this. It's literally been able to fulfill my needs without any issues so far.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Tania Hernández

The kind of application that is needed. I would have fully tested it if they had not asked for my credit card information.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-11-30

Pros
I found it a very useful application. It's easy to use. It has a good selection of books, an area to explore by categories, top interests... It contains books, audiobooks, magazines, news, documents, music sheets (thank you). I consider it a necessary app for our culture and brains these days.

Cons
One thing I didn't like very much is the way books are diagrammed inside. But I'm a graphic designer and I know I'm a little bit picky on that... I did not use the free trial because they asked for my credit card information and I have read some problems with charges after the trial period, so I didn't feel safe. It's a free trial, I recommend withdrawing that requirement.

Raquel Pereira

Everything will depend on what you want to obtain

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2017-11-16

Pros
As I said before, with scribd everything depends on what you want to do, if you want to consult something specific, it is very useful, at least the free version. I do not really know how the paid version works so I can not comment on it.

Cons
the bad thing is that it is something purely consultative, should offer some kind of method of sharing, even if it is very limited.

Oleksandr Gerasymov

They double charge and never return money

Reviewed 2019-10-06

Pros
I gives some possibilities to read books

Cons
I was double charged and refused to give my money back. Then I discovered hundreds of such complaints on other sites. It looks like a fraud scheme. They have to be stopped making money from pickpocketing.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10