Slab Reviews

4.88/5 (32 reviews)

Carl Nasal

Slab changed the way our company creates and uses documentation

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Slab is so easy to use and has just the right amount of features to be everything you need, but not a lot of extra features that get in the way. From setting it up, to getting the team onboard, to adding new articles, to searching articles, everything works as you would expect without having to figure anything out. It's simple and easy to use, and we enjoy using it more and more. We are a web development firm and provide website maintenance services, so Slab contains everything from company policies to detailed technical documentation for solving specific problems, and it has worked great for everything we wanted to document.

Daewon Kim

Sleek, Intuitive, Blazing fast, and great customer support!

Reviewed 2019-03-27

I was looking for a reasonably priced knowledge management service that works well with Korean. I've tried many services in the past, and I had a lot of issues with search, export and sharing. Atlassian's product was overwhelmingly feature-rich. It is a very nice product. But it wasn't for our team. Our team needed a simple product that is not so hard to use, and works well with Korean./ Slab is awesome in that it does the basic things just right. It is easy to write, find and share contents. I think it even presents very nicely. I was very impressed by Slab team's customer support. They responded quickly to my questions and were very friendly. When I requested a feature, the team kept track of my request and sent me a mail a month later reminding me to check out the feature that I requested. I am not working for Slab nor am I related to their team by any means. I am leading a small IT system admin team in Korea, (less than 15 people) and I found Slab while I was searching for a knowledge management system for my team. I tried more than 5 solutions in the past 2 years. Slab was my pick.

Kate Walsh

Slab is a great choice for Markdown-based team documentation

Reviewed 2019-03-26

We are solving the business problem of a lack of documentation. We didn't have much in the way of documentation prior to using Slab. Slab has helped us compile most of our docs and information into one easy-to-access, easy-to-use central repository. We have realized benefits with on-boarding especially -- there's a lot of information we keep in Slab that isn't "ASAP must-reads" for new hires -- but that stuff is definitely still helpful for them to absorb in their first few weeks. Having a place where they can explore the documentation on their own, at their own pace -- it has been very valuable.

Geoff Ball

Functional but needs more features

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Slab will be a useful tool for us to share information internally. Updates are coming, but the updates page (https://updates.slab.com/) doesn't seem to be updated in sync with releases and updates don't seem too frequent. I look forward to monitoring the direction the Slab team takes their software.

Sam Cantor

Slab was down for an hour due to some fire or windstorm something weird and I could hardly function.

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Whenever a vendor or person who doesn't work here uses our slab they have decided to implement slab at their company. Every. Time.

Ricardo Fahrig

The only company wiki you will ever need!

Reviewed 2019-04-14

We compared apps ranging from minimalst Nuclino to complex Confluence: Slab was the clear winner and we never regretted the choice! It was a breeze to get everyone onto the app and going. Sharing articles on Slack is practical, collaboration features don't leave anything desired, user access is handy, activity keep you updated and history makes human error easy to fix. Frequent updates makes this app better by the month, the team cares and is quick to respond. Thanks to representative and his team!

Taylor Hall

A great tool to store knowledge for your organization

Reviewed 2019-03-26

We were looking for a durable place to store team knowledge that everyone could search and contribute to. We experimented with a dozen other platforms but Slab was the most feature-complete and easiest to use of the bunch. The team is small but their response time and customer service is excellent.

Anonymous

Slab has become a core part of how we do business

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Easy to get started, easy to use. You don't need a whole library of knowledge or even have thought about the perfect organizational scheme. Slab was a great tool for us when we were just getting started, has scaled with us nicely, and I can clearly see how it will scale with us further as we grow.

Really nice collaborative notes

Reviewed 2019-04-25

We use Slack and take notes on our own computers, usually using Bear. Before Slab, we would literally copy and paste the latest markdown from a specific note into a Slack channel or DM. Basecamp doesn’t offer collaborative notes whatsoever, and we got tired of not being in sync. Slab is our go-to collaborate note taking app now, and we use it constantly throughout the day on a number of software projects. It’s the only way we’d be able to keep in sync.

Anonymous

A sleek and intuitive wiki tool with outstanding search and the best customer support

Reviewed 2019-03-29

It has been nothing but positive, and I wish Slab further growth and a ton of happy users!

Jon Collier

Much Better Than Confluence

Reviewed 2019-03-27

My team finds that Slab meets our needs MUCH better than Atlassian Confluence. We made up our minds to make the switch only a few days into our trial.

Great team wiki

Reviewed 2019-04-02

I’ve loved using slab as an engineering manager onboarding new hires, as well as a startup founder focused on product management.

Christina Hwang

Great decision to utilize Slab!

Reviewed 2019-03-28

We have had a great experience with Slab! They have been so helpful and responsive during our preparation in rolling this out to our team.

Anonymous

Intuitive & a pleasure to use

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Easy to use, customizable, and well adapted for companies seeking to have a central hub for documentation for the entire org.

Madison Oie

My desktop is beautiful now

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Work feels calm, cool and collected when I use Slab. I spend less time bouncing back and forth between tabs and more time *actually thinking* through the content of a doc. With their integrations, everything flows in so smoothly. Not to mention, I spend way less time searching through my inbox, slack messages and Drive in order to find the thing I actually need - THAT is game-changing for my productivity and flow.

Sumin Kim

Internal Wiki for Law Practice

Reviewed 2019-04-01

They have been responsive to my needs. Some of my product feedback was fixed and implemented very quickly. I appreciate the attention to customer feedback. The recent UX update is very nice as well.

David Jorgensen

The best team Wiki and company information and process documentation application.

Reviewed 2019-03-26

We use slab for an Internal Wiki and team information storage.

Jeff Carroll

Slab Provided the Easy Documentation Needed

Reviewed 2019-04-02

I would gladly recommend this as a wiki for enterprise use. It's easy to use while still offering most of what an organization needs in a system like this.

Brandon Thomas, PMP, PRINCE2

Using Slab to replace Confluence

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Great! It has really helped us rapidly organize our SW Documentation with little to no team training to use.

Steve McKenzie

Easy Wiki Solution

Reviewed 2019-04-25

This is extremely easy to use and implement on a team. Allows for a great collaboration and easy sharing of information with those outside the organization as well.

Matthew DePonceau

Slab is the smartest "no-brainer" knowledge database for our company.

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Our experience with Slab has been phenomenal. We were currently using an alternative knowledge database, but the functionality, and ease-of-use does not compare at all to Slab.

Great alternative to Google docs

Reviewed 2019-04-02

We enjoy using it. We have tried other similar softwares, such as confluence, but Slab works better and has a better user experience and smoother flow

Reuben Pressman

Dream come true (literally, for real)

Beyond expectations

Anonymous

Really cool knowledge management software

Used other for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-09

Used it for creating our marketing wiki and to share stuff within the organization and enable the sales team.

Joe Berthelot

Absolutely Love Slab

Reviewed 2019-04-25

I have had no issues. You guys are awesome.