Slido Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.38/10

Reviews by rating

So easy to set up and so easy to use. Allowing my learners to engage in a different way through sessions is fantastic.
I love the feature that shows you how the polls and questions will look to the user. Plus, it's super easy to set up and execute.
Slido's single biggest advantage is the beauty in simplicity. It's really easy to set up for an event, easy for event staff to use and attendees alike.
I really cannot tell anything that I was missing.
Sometimes those questions are painful or difficult and participants would be hesitant to ask those questions would it not be for Slido.
Trying to send real-time lists to the tool didn't really work. There was no way to thread the entries.

Guy G.

Director

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Slido Review: Making Every Second Count With Slido.

Transcript

Guy G.: Hi, my name's Guy. I am the director of a small consultancy company, and I would give Slido five...

Francois L.

president

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Easy, practical...ideal!

Transcript

Francois: Hi, my name is Francois. I'm the president of my company. And I would like to review Slido...

Cal B.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Extremely Impressed with SLIDO in every facet of use

I absolutely respect and love Slido. This is an all-time favorite learning resource tool I have used. My experience could not be better. Exceptional customer service!

Pros

The ease of learning made this an a simple transition for me. The QR code is so straightforward that even non-technical users understand the instructions for launching Slido during training meetings. The variety of polling types allows for real engagement by learners. The ability to download polling results in a PDF format provides additional value-added service. I appreciate how easy Slido integrates with PowerPoint. Customer service is extremely responsive and helpful.

Cons

I need to better take advantage of the learning resources to become a more efficient user of Slido. I suspect that the gaps I occasionally experience could be lessened if I took more time to preplan and read the online resources

RW

Rick W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Slido - it's inner mechanics do their thing, you do yours and it all works

My supervisor wanted me to try out Poll Everywhere since Slido has been used (in a more limited way) in some of our agency meetings before. I gave Poll Everywhere a shot but everything about it was a little harder to figure out and I wasn't sure where I was headed, whether the presentation would ultimately meet my basic requirements. As soon as switched over to Slido, it was smooth sailing.

Pros

I was most impressed with the fact that I didn't need to learn much about the mechanics of the Slido features. In most situations, I want to, but in a jam - having to throw together an interactive quiz show for 20 tables of 6 - it was a great relief that everything was at my fingertips and simply worked.

Cons

I expect that at some point I'll try to do just the thing that Slido can't handle, but so the Slido team is leaps and bounds ahead of me in thinking up new ways to engage groups in learning, competition and fun. The only stumbling block I hit was thinking that I would be limited to 3 quiz questions in the Free version because that version limits the number of polls per event to three. When I realized I had confused the two, angel choirs sang (we were down to 90 minutes before departure for the event venue).

Hi Rick, Thank you so much for taking out your time to leave us a review. They help us improve and learn how to even better serve our users, so they truly are much appreciated! Best, Filipa

LL

Liz L.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used it once.

It work edthe day I needed it. Bravo!

Pros

It worked great to create a word cloud in the class I taught.

Cons

It took me a bit to figure out how to work it.

AV

Alek V.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Very useful tool to bring audience events to life

I’m pleased with it - it’s good fit a variety of functions - easy to use and interactivity is so important

Pros

It’s easy to use for both an admin and for the audience. There’s no confusion

Cons

Keep event locked down and questions unopened prior to event lest someone guess event code and put silly / naughty responses in

SN

Samuel N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Know More with slido

Pros

It's faster than others polling software

Cons

Doesn't easily intergrate with other softwares

Harald M.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

slido as interaction tool at the Mountainbike Congress since 2018

We use slido to interact at our conventions and events. The advantage of anonymous response and visibility of all questions is extremely helpful.

Pros

We mainly use surveys as well as customer questions. The ease of use and simple login for our visitors.

Cons

There are a few small things that would make Slido even more efficient for us. One example would be one master image per survey instead of one image for each question. Integration with Acrobat presentations, Zoom meetings and Keynote presentations.

Guy G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great audience engagement tool

Pros

Simple polls and options to create direct answers for presentations, also the ability to field questions and free format text as opinion pieces for group discussions

Cons

Limit of three questions on the free version, but then you've got to make money somewhere!

KK

Kimmo K.

Utilities, 201-500 employees

Easy to get started and integrate with PowerPoint

Pros

It's very easy to integrate polls and results visualization in a PowerPoint presentation. Includes all the key survey types.

Cons

There could be even more customization options for polls and the visualization of the results. Teams integration would be important.

Edgar G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great tool to motivate interaction

It allows to interact with participants.

Pros

Easy to use and to share results on the screen. Is a great way to improve interaction with participants.

Cons

Some features are restricted to payment accounts.

David M.

Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 employees

Highly recommended!

Pros

I use Slido to evaluate my students and it is very attractive to them. It is also very easy to use and I have been able to improve my classes with it.

Cons

I cannot add photos or images for free in questions.

SB

Siriwut B.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Must-Have App for Every Modern Classroom!

After my initial trial, I couldn't see myself teaching without it. Luckily, I persuaded our head of school to introduce Slido to all our teachers. The feedback? Overwhelmingly positive! Slido was fair enough to refund my personal purchase after my school got the corporate subscription for everyone.While every tool has room for growth, Slido has genuinely become an important part of my teaching toolkit.

Pros

For the past 8 months, I've been integrating Slido into my weekly sessions, and the results have been nothing short of transformative. Its real-time engagement capabilities have not only boosted participation but also seamlessly integrated into our classroom tech ecosystem.

Cons

Users require some time to familiarize themselves with separating answers from various sections, especially if they intend to use a slide set multiple times. Currently, I'm unsure how to integrate the student roster into the participant list. In each session, my students must replace the anonymous participants with their names and student IDs.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Simple Setup, Great for Conferences

With Sli.do we've been able to get more feedback from attendees at the ends of conferences. The question and answer sessions have gone much more smoothly since there's no need to get up, find a mic, or go to the front. They just keep flowing from the screen.

Pros

Sli.do literally invites persons attending conferences to ask questions from the comfort of their mobile device for speakers and presenters to answer. It returns an interactive element that has been long missing in big event sessions. It's ridiculously easy for attendees to get in and participate without having to download an app and just as easy to set up for a multimedia team. If you're not using Sli.do at your next conference then you're missing out on valuable opportunities for audience feedback. If you're worried about people posing inappropriate questions, there's moderation feature so you can control what questions go live.

Cons

The hardest part was for the multimedia team or presenter in controlling Sli.do and the other presentation content. They had to keep switching back and forth. There is a download available that allows you to overlay Sli.do content on top of your presentation now. That make things a bit easier.

TH

Ted H.

Law Enforcement, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

MCJA Lead Trainer

We are creating a window for communication that would otherwise go untouched, using your program. I feel it is easier for a person who may feel they do not have anything positive to contribute to bury their heads. Then they may look the other way, verses using a program which keeps their anonymity, allowing them to ask a question, or make comment that may impact many others in the industry they are in.

Pros

I found this software portion that we used to be easy to maneuver around. I also feel it is easy enough that even a beginner can be comfortable using the software / program to aid them in teaching and communicating the needs of a group.

Cons

Have not really stumbled across anything negative to date. Of course, I do not look for negative when things work seamlessly.

PP

Paul P.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple, yet super effective

Virtual Facilitation has increased dramatically since the pandemic, and being able to engage with our Managers through a screen, compared to F2F, was always going to be a challenge. Now with the tools from Slido, this has become so much easier for me as a facilitator, and fun for the learners, as it gives the conversation more richness in discussion, through using what they Managers have answered, as they pop up on the screen.

Pros

I came across Slido following a post I saw on LinkedIn, advertising that you can include Slido software directly into your PowerPoint. I checked it out, and within 24 hours I had changed the interaction in my slides to include quizzes, polls, and word clouds etc, which was amazing! The software is as it says, simple and easy to use. Downloading the software was quick and easy, and within minutes I was logged in and setting up my slides with Slido interactions. Additional to this is the admin system, which allows you to pull the stats and data from the quizzes etc. Just seen the further update this week, that Slido is now a feature within MS Teams, this is a win win for me, as we use Teams in our organisation - life just got better!

Cons

Not yet, however I have yet to start pulling the answers from the past 2 weeks sessions, which I'm going to use to pull together some data for a presentation for my Directors on the engagement in our Virtual Sessions. So I hope its as easy as putting the sessions together.

CJ

Chris J.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Smooth, easy, flexible.

We are a church that utilizes the live Q&A feature regularly. It allows us to take questions in an orderly manner, and with COVID, being able to do this touchless was just another unexpected benefit. I can change settings on the fly on another device when in presenter mode. It's great.

Pros

It works, every time, just as it should. With inexpensive software, especially one that offers considerable function for free, I'm always impressed by the reliability. Support is also top notch, though you won't need it.

Cons

I honestly have no gripes with this software. It works perfectly for our needs, live Q&As.

Hello Chris. Thank you for sharing your experience with Slido and how it helps your church during the pandemic. We appreciate your support. Adam

KB

Kishore Bharathy k.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best Polling Application

Pros

We can add polls and also attach timer so that the members who are attending the poll cannot involve in any malpractice.

Cons

Sometimes if the connectivity is poor, the countdown between the questions takes a while and the question gets skipped without answering.

JV

Jaroslava V.

Design, 201-500 employees

Slido as a easy tool to make Learning and Internal events engaging

Slido has become an integral part of most of our internal events in company as well as learning and development activities. It makes them active, engaging, creates a open feedback culture and makes people remembering it.

Pros

Easy to use, integration in powerpoint slides, so it makes me much more comfortable during my speeches

Cons

creating a follow-up materials from powerpoint - I have to do all printscreens manually, I would prefer a option to generate ppt or pdf automatically after the event on one click.

LM

Le M.

Medical Practice, 5,001-10,000 employees

Brilliant addition for meetings

We use slido in many different ways as it allows for fun interactive meetings or noticing any trends/themes. Overall it supports the team in achieving the best possible outcomes and provides an opportunity for everyone to have a voice.

Pros

I have been using Slido for a few years now. The product is great for engaging staff in polls/quizzes and for those who are competitive there is the option of a leader board. You also get instant feedback in different forms, which is so useful compared to some of the other software available.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I don't like.

Nkeiruka O.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Unique question-asking App

It's a fantastic App. It has cured the anxiety that comes with asking any kind of question in the midst of people. It has also significantly affected our trainings at the office.

Pros

One can ask whatsoever question one desires to ask because it will appear anonymous. This makes it possible for a presenter to get as much feedback as possible as well as enabling the right environment for the audience to ask questions.

Cons

People can say whatever they like and as such can also cause distraction in the meeting. I've experience an issue before where the App didn't allow people vote properly before closing the vote

AE

Alex E.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Awesome free tool (with paid accounts w/ more features) to conduct anonymous polling, Q&A, feedback

Using Slido had allowed me to conduct quick online polling and voting with my classes over the years to help students get a better sense of their strengths and skills they look forward to improving. Viewing Slidos conducted at the beginning of the term, then polling students at the end of the term shows students how much they have grown when their responses change to reflect more confidence for speaking in front of the class.

Pros

Allows me to poll students about things they rather not say out loud, such as skills they are looking to improve by the end of the term.

Cons

When a Slido has run its course, there are a few too many clicks to re-activate it. But I am only using the free version, so paid tiers may have more ease of use.

HR

Heather R.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great for internal use

Overall - I love this tool and have found that this really helps with engagement, especially for networking events. Love the word clouds and how this can help guide conversation.

Pros

This is a very easy tool to use if you are using it for completely internal purposes and solely for internal presentations/events. very easy to learn and the videos that Slido has to teach the tool are quick and easy to share with new staff and show the elements very nicely.

Cons

This tool can be hard to integrate if you have panelists/speakers coming into your organization using different systems and wanting to use polling this has presented challenges as it can be hard to integrate Slido into different systems. For example if you have one person using Power point and another using Google Slides, they wont both be able to easily implement Slido into their presentations (at least not that we have been able to find).

Hi Heather, Thank you so much for taking out your time to leave us a review- it's much appreciated as it always helps us improve. We're glad you like the tool and the videos as well, and sorry to hear there was some difficulty integrating Slido into other systems. We actually do offer direct integrations with both GoogleSlides as well as PowerPoint, so you don't have to switch between the tools during the presentations. Have a look at this page as it might be helpful for the future- https://www.sli.do/features-integrations Best, Filipa

CZ

Christina Z.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

slido

Pros

We used the app mainly when I was in college and now I use it for various webinars and conferences. It perfectly livens up any lecture and allows for uninterrupted feedback, questions from the audience. It increases the interaction between the presenter and the students/listeners. You only need to share the code and others will join in under the code and can ask questions. Incredibly easy, I have nothing to fault, would recommend.

Cons

During the whole period of use I did not notice anything that bothered me, on the contrary, I appreciated the use during lectures, which became more interesting.

VS

Vinicius S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Review for Slido

Great for live pool questions and feedback.

Pros

Easy to use. Many live pool question templates. Results easy for read.

Cons

Low versatility. Miss features like personalized agenda.

Hi Vinicus, Many thanks for this review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and the ease of use. Sorry to hear we didn't meet all your expectations and hopefully we can improve over time, as we add new features continually. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks, Filipa.

ML

Moonshine L.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

A very efficient tool of collecting public opinions

Fun and useful tool to get prompt responses.

Pros

I am a corporate trainer, and I particularly like the anonymous feature of Slido. It allows my trainees to express themselves freely in a safe environment, especially those who are shy about speaking in public. This feature encourages them to give sincere opinions. Therefore, when I need to collect public opinions efficiently in a short period of time, Slido is a tool that I love to use.

Cons

For the things about the disadvantages, I cannot figure out yet.

KC

Karen C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Love Slido

Excellent experience with the product

Pros

The software encourages quick audience participation. My favorite feature is the Word Cloud and poll function. I like how easy it is to either use the QR code or log in.

Cons

Since the function to embed in the powerpoint has become available, I don't have any complaints. It used to be annoying to have to toggle between screens but that is gone now.

Hello Karen. Thanks a lot for your positive review of Slido. We're happy to see that you enjoy using our product and that the PowerPoint integration has helped as well. Best, Adam