Slido Logo

Slido Reviews - Page 2

MC

Mohamed C.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

The most convenient way to engage audiences

Slido has made it totally anxiety free for my educational platforms; it allows me set meetings and events, engage attendees and participants, control their interactions, and more importantly, get instant feedback and measure the outcomes of my meetings via polls, surveys, Q&A sessions and many other features. Without Slido, I might not be able to take my webinars and conferences to another level.

Pros

Slido's user-friendly dashboard allows users to engage attendees in meetings using a bunch of powerful tools, which range from stunning themes and stand-alone settings to polling and voting in Q&A sessions. Slido users can set events in few clicks with much control on the number of participants, moderation settings, and data export. It allows users to protect the privacy of particpants with passwords, or single signing codes as security measures, not found in other alternatives. Slido makes easy for other companies with its integrations to many platforms, mainly Google and Youtube.

Cons

Its amazing features are only available on paid plans, and that's a limitation for Slido. However, I don't think it is expensive to get.

JM

Janna M.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Easy for participants

Overall, easy to set up and use. Like that it's easy for participants to join. A little pricier than other formats but comparative. Please pursue universities to purchase a campus-wide plan!

Pros

Easy to integrate with PPT. Easy for users to enter the quiz with QR code. Love the Q&A feature. Interested in moderation feature with upgraded plan.

Cons

Difficult to get approved by Cyber Security folks through university. Please be more aggressive in providing security assurances to higher ed institutions to make it easier for employees to try and implement software. Also would like question limit on free plan to be a little higher, even if on a trial period basis. Would like to have a free trial period of some of the premium features.

Hi Janna, Thank you for taking out the time to leave us a review- it's much appreciated as it helps us grow and improve. We're happy to hear that overall you were satisfied with the product. We offer dedicated EDU plans that are discounted, have a look at https://www.sli.do/pricing?plan=edu and maybe some would be a good fit. Note that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee (no questions asked)...

Cal B.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Extremely Impressed with SLIDO in every facet of use

I absolutely respect and love Slido. This is an all-time favorite learning resource tool I have used. My experience could not be better. Exceptional customer service!

Pros

The ease of learning made this an a simple transition for me. The QR code is so straightforward that even non-technical users understand the instructions for launching Slido during training meetings. The variety of polling types allows for real engagement by learners. The ability to download polling results in a PDF format provides additional value-added service. I appreciate how easy Slido integrates with PowerPoint. Customer service is extremely responsive and helpful.

Cons

I need to better take advantage of the learning resources to become a more efficient user of Slido. I suspect that the gaps I occasionally experience could be lessened if I took more time to preplan and read the online resources

FL

François L.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

At last an easy tool to use live.

I have been using the free version most of the time which is totally adequate for my needs. I have used several of the features for polling or inducing direct audience participant with the Q&A tool. My participants are frequently technology resistant but using Sli.do has caused absolutely no problem ! Simply amazing! Very strong recommandation for this very powerful tool

Pros

Very easy to set up. Great features even for the free versions. Very easy to share Very user friendly interface on the phone or on the desktop browser

Cons

I have been using mostly the free version which is ideal for my needs.The limited featured are a bit frustrating but hey...it is a free version. I The limited time for each survey could be expanded to 2 weeks.

MV

Marcela V.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Easy to use and delivers value

Pros

It is very easy to set up polls and Q&As with Slido. It is very simple for participants to join in and interact as well. Plus, the way the results and questions are displayed to participants in the presenter mode makes the meetings more fun and interactive. This is what sets Slido apart from other products.

Cons

The pricing is a bit high if you do not use it often.

SK

SANJAY K.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Best solution to make your meeting Interactive

Slido was a favorite tool in my all meetings, I use this to make meetings more fun and interactive, though many applications have inbuilt Q&A feature, I would go with Slido because it's easy to use and especially for the upvoting feature in the Q&A. Polling feature is also one of the recently used features and it's really easy to use.

Pros

I like most the features they introduced, especially the Q&A and polling feature which makes all the meetings so interactive, and upvoting to the questions is the lacking feature in the competitor's platform. The recent feature which analyse the keyword and displaying the word wrap is again useful and the interesting fact is the most of the tools can use it free to an extend.

Cons

If the trial version is more then it would be easy to try out all the features and would help to understand the potential and buy the subscription. Also, the subscription price is a bit high when comes to a single user, if it is paid as you use, it would be great. Initially, when I used the product it was a bit hard to understand how to use the platform, it would be better an animated tutorial when sign-up happens.

RW

Rick W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Slido - it's inner mechanics do their thing, you do yours and it all works

My supervisor wanted me to try out Poll Everywhere since Slido has been used (in a more limited way) in some of our agency meetings before. I gave Poll Everywhere a shot but everything about it was a little harder to figure out and I wasn't sure where I was headed, whether the presentation would ultimately meet my basic requirements. As soon as switched over to Slido, it was smooth sailing.

Pros

I was most impressed with the fact that I didn't need to learn much about the mechanics of the Slido features. In most situations, I want to, but in a jam - having to throw together an interactive quiz show for 20 tables of 6 - it was a great relief that everything was at my fingertips and simply worked.

Cons

I expect that at some point I'll try to do just the thing that Slido can't handle, but so the Slido team is leaps and bounds ahead of me in thinking up new ways to engage groups in learning, competition and fun. The only stumbling block I hit was thinking that I would be limited to 3 quiz questions in the Free version because that version limits the number of polls per event to three. When I realized I had confused the two, angel choirs sang (we were down to 90 minutes before departure for the event venue).

Hi Rick, Thank you so much for taking out your time to leave us a review. They help us improve and learn how to even better serve our users, so they truly are much appreciated! Best, Filipa

CG

Carolyn G.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

We needed help building more interaction in our Virtual Classroom....and Slido was the answer

Slido has made our virtual classroom more interactive. The ease of use, combined with the reliability of the product has made it an important part of how we deliver our learning programs.

Pros

We've been using Slido to increase interaction in our virtual classroom since the start of the pandemic. We were used to conducting quick pulse checks with our learners and Slido has made this easy. We love the word cloud feature to gather group sentiment around different topics. The tool is very easy for all of our learners to use and offers multiple access points - via web url or QR code. I've never had issues with the tool - very reliable.

Cons

It took at little while to determine the best way to share our Slide screens in presentations but I would chalk that up to user error, not a fault of the product.

Chamaru A.

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Complete digital event engagement all in one platform

We are happy to use Slido to have polls and Q&A sessions. That's the easiest platforms for the specific job.

Pros

The best thing about Slido is the polls and online q&a feature. The polls in Slido are so easy that I use that feature to hold polls in our team even when there is no meeting. The Q&A feature in Slido allows us to have interactive Q&A sessions with the audience because the audience can vote for the Questions such that they come up in the list and that allows us to reduce duplicate questions during large audience meetings.

Cons

The events in Slido can be scheduled only for a limited time. I usually restart ended events again and again to bypass that. It would be great if we can keep events for a more extended time. I couldn't find an option to do so.

Hi Chamaru, Many thanks for the positive review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and its ease of use. Your support is much appreciated. In regards to your comment about limited time, our paid plans allow you to keep an event open for up to a year. Hopefully this helps! Thanks, Filipa.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Simple Setup, Great for Conferences

With Sli.do we've been able to get more feedback from attendees at the ends of conferences. The question and answer sessions have gone much more smoothly since there's no need to get up, find a mic, or go to the front. They just keep flowing from the screen.

Pros

Sli.do literally invites persons attending conferences to ask questions from the comfort of their mobile device for speakers and presenters to answer. It returns an interactive element that has been long missing in big event sessions. It's ridiculously easy for attendees to get in and participate without having to download an app and just as easy to set up for a multimedia team. If you're not using Sli.do at your next conference then you're missing out on valuable opportunities for audience feedback. If you're worried about people posing inappropriate questions, there's moderation feature so you can control what questions go live.

Cons

The hardest part was for the multimedia team or presenter in controlling Sli.do and the other presentation content. They had to keep switching back and forth. There is a download available that allows you to overlay Sli.do content on top of your presentation now. That make things a bit easier.

MN

Miguel N.

Events Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

No better way to get attendees to become participants

I've always had an excellent experience with Slido and I've been using is as a speaker, session participant and event organiser for 4-5 years. The system is solid and really flexible.

Pros

I like how simple Slido is to use (one URL + one hashtag, or scan a QR code > instantly usable on any browser). I also like how many options it has (quite a few but not overwhelming) and the way it can help instantly visualise data. It can be a simple tool to receive questions but can also facilitate instant data analysis.

Cons

I think Slido gets it just right when it comes to usability. I would like to see some updates on the look and feel, and I think one or two more visualisation options would be welcome.

MP

Matej P.

Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best tool for live and online events

I use Slido ever since I saw it at a conference. User experience is great both for the presenter and the audience. Numerous integrations with Powerpoint, Google Slides, Zoom help make presentations seamlessly interactive. I also love the fact it supports my mother language.

Pros

Slido events are easy to set up and even easier to use. Of all the tools I used at live and online events, Slido brings the highest interaction rates.

Cons

I wish I could mark questions in a survey as required. This is not an option just yet. It would be useful for me.

Hi Matej, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate that you're happy with Slido and will work hard to keep it that way! I have sent your idea of marking survey questions as required to our product team. - Filipa

TH

Ted H.

Law Enforcement, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

MCJA Lead Trainer

We are creating a window for communication that would otherwise go untouched, using your program. I feel it is easier for a person who may feel they do not have anything positive to contribute to bury their heads. Then they may look the other way, verses using a program which keeps their anonymity, allowing them to ask a question, or make comment that may impact many others in the industry they are in.

Pros

I found this software portion that we used to be easy to maneuver around. I also feel it is easy enough that even a beginner can be comfortable using the software / program to aid them in teaching and communicating the needs of a group.

Cons

Have not really stumbled across anything negative to date. Of course, I do not look for negative when things work seamlessly.

PP

Paul P.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple, yet super effective

Virtual Facilitation has increased dramatically since the pandemic, and being able to engage with our Managers through a screen, compared to F2F, was always going to be a challenge. Now with the tools from Slido, this has become so much easier for me as a facilitator, and fun for the learners, as it gives the conversation more richness in discussion, through using what they Managers have answered, as they pop up on the screen.

Pros

I came across Slido following a post I saw on LinkedIn, advertising that you can include Slido software directly into your PowerPoint. I checked it out, and within 24 hours I had changed the interaction in my slides to include quizzes, polls, and word clouds etc, which was amazing! The software is as it says, simple and easy to use. Downloading the software was quick and easy, and within minutes I was logged in and setting up my slides with Slido interactions. Additional to this is the admin system, which allows you to pull the stats and data from the quizzes etc. Just seen the further update this week, that Slido is now a feature within MS Teams, this is a win win for me, as we use Teams in our organisation - life just got better!

Cons

Not yet, however I have yet to start pulling the answers from the past 2 weeks sessions, which I'm going to use to pull together some data for a presentation for my Directors on the engagement in our Virtual Sessions. So I hope its as easy as putting the sessions together.

SC

Sarah C.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great survey tool for live interaction

Easy set up and configuration. Easy to explain to participants quickly and simply. Requires no technical knowledge.

Pros

Easy to use on virtual advisory boards to gain qualitative feedback on key questions. Simple to access for participants via QR code or URL. Instant feedback on the number of respondents to guarantee a response from all attending

Cons

Range of question styles could be broader. Other survey tools have more flexibility but the options given are simple and good enough for our needs

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

Slido is the best tool for hearing Team's Voice through online Polling & Voting

Very good experience for all employees from all geographies & demographies.

Pros

- Great tool for Polling- Finest user experience- Allows privacy through maintaining anonymity of participants names.- Provides instant results for Voting

Cons

- This is a simple tool, very beneficial for receiving genuine employees feedback. We don't see any shortfalls in it.- However, to make it more dynamic, more features can be introduced to the Platform.

SN

Samuel N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Know More with slido

Pros

It's faster than others polling software

Cons

Doesn't easily intergrate with other softwares

CJ

Chris J.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Smooth, easy, flexible.

We are a church that utilizes the live Q&A feature regularly. It allows us to take questions in an orderly manner, and with COVID, being able to do this touchless was just another unexpected benefit. I can change settings on the fly on another device when in presenter mode. It's great.

Pros

It works, every time, just as it should. With inexpensive software, especially one that offers considerable function for free, I'm always impressed by the reliability. Support is also top notch, though you won't need it.

Cons

I honestly have no gripes with this software. It works perfectly for our needs, live Q&As.

Hello Chris. Thank you for sharing your experience with Slido and how it helps your church during the pandemic. We appreciate your support. Adam

KB

Kishore Bharathy k.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best Polling Application

Pros

We can add polls and also attach timer so that the members who are attending the poll cannot involve in any malpractice.

Cons

Sometimes if the connectivity is poor, the countdown between the questions takes a while and the question gets skipped without answering.

Rafael P.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A must-have PowerPoint add-on

My overall experience with Slido is good. It works perfectly fine in the PowerPoint itself and has great features I appreciate a lot, such as live pools and, of course, the quizzes. As of now I didn't have any problems while using this software as it works very reliably. I may also mention the Slido Academy, which is a platform that offers loads of video tutorials for getting started with Slido and exploring its many resources. This is such a great add-on!

Pros

What I like the most about Slido is how I can engage with my audience by easily creating live polls and quizzes directly on a PowerPoint presentation and getting instant feedback... all this on real-time! Slido is both fun, pedagogic, easy to use and has incredible features I appreciate a lot. I firstly found Slido while watching a presentation of a colleague and since then I've been using it for many quizzes and Q&As, as it is very easy to access by the participants.

Cons

If I had to point any less good characteristic, I would say that what I like the least about this software is the not so user-friendly layout. I would like to see more of a modern design and I think there is room for improvement there. Other than that, I had not encounter any issues or concerns whatsoever. I'm also aware that the support team is very friendly and responsive, which is great!

MT

Megumi T.

E-Learning, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great tool for Q&A

Very easy to use, both for me as to set it up, and for my audience.

Pros

That is very easy to use, creates a code, a link, a QR, all in the same platform!

Cons

I have no cons in mind when I think about this tool.

JV

Jaroslava V.

Design, 201-500 employees

Slido as a easy tool to make Learning and Internal events engaging

Slido has become an integral part of most of our internal events in company as well as learning and development activities. It makes them active, engaging, creates a open feedback culture and makes people remembering it.

Pros

Easy to use, integration in powerpoint slides, so it makes me much more comfortable during my speeches

Cons

creating a follow-up materials from powerpoint - I have to do all printscreens manually, I would prefer a option to generate ppt or pdf automatically after the event on one click.

AV

Alek V.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Very useful tool to bring audience events to life

I’m pleased with it - it’s good fit a variety of functions - easy to use and interactivity is so important

Pros

It’s easy to use for both an admin and for the audience. There’s no confusion

Cons

Keep event locked down and questions unopened prior to event lest someone guess event code and put silly / naughty responses in

MR

Miles R.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Collection of customers' feedback

Pros

I use slido for setting survey questions and forward them to customer's to find out customers' challenges and satisfaction through their feedback and helps to improve in service.

Cons

Slido is easy to use and assist in decision making.

Marcel H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, self-employed

Presentation buddy

Pros

I use Slido during my presentations for better interactions with audience. They can write questions and I give them answers at the end. This is great because even shy individuals can speak up.

Cons

Pricing is a bit aggresive if you want to get more out of Slido and it takes some time to set up.