Slido Logo

Live Q&A & polling platform for meetings & events

Slido Reviews - Page 3

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Not over engineered and quick set up.

It help liven up online presentations. It also helped get a real feel for the true feelings of the audience.

Pros

I like the ease with which it took to master it. It's intuitive and in an Online Training session it's quick to launch and get feedback. It doesn't intimidate first time users. I also like the analytics and post event feedback.

Cons

Perhaps a few extra templates but really was happy enough with selection.

Hi there, Many thanks for this positive review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and it's ease of use. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks, Filipa.

GA

Gary A.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Slido creates movement and motivation

Simply put: valuable and worthwhile using during sessions with (large or small) groups. p.s. I saw it used during a large (500 ppl) conference, and it was great.

Pros

Slido has been so easy to apply in group sessions. I apply a lot of software tools that are 'participant-facing' and Slido works best so far in my opinion. The present-button creates a lot of value. Various types of questions work well too. Slido just seem to understand what we need.

Cons

When I'm presenting, I'd love to see how many have logged in in real-time in the present-view. I might have missed that this is possible, but I didn't find it right away.

LM

Le M.

Medical Practice, 5,001-10,000 employees

Brilliant addition for meetings

We use slido in many different ways as it allows for fun interactive meetings or noticing any trends/themes. Overall it supports the team in achieving the best possible outcomes and provides an opportunity for everyone to have a voice.

Pros

I have been using Slido for a few years now. The product is great for engaging staff in polls/quizzes and for those who are competitive there is the option of a leader board. You also get instant feedback in different forms, which is so useful compared to some of the other software available.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I don't like.

RO

Razaaqa O.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Polling for feedback

Pros

Mainly I use survey for making page for polling to collect feedbacks

Cons

It's easy to use during poll making and convenient

Nkeiruka O.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Unique question-asking App

It's a fantastic App. It has cured the anxiety that comes with asking any kind of question in the midst of people. It has also significantly affected our trainings at the office.

Pros

One can ask whatsoever question one desires to ask because it will appear anonymous. This makes it possible for a presenter to get as much feedback as possible as well as enabling the right environment for the audience to ask questions.

Cons

People can say whatever they like and as such can also cause distraction in the meeting. I've experience an issue before where the App didn't allow people vote properly before closing the vote

LR

Laura R.

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

Spice up your Google Slides

Pros

There is a hiden gem in Google Slides, add-ons, that can transform your presentations. Slido has one add-on for Google Slides that would basically bring the Slido world into your presentation without jumping between tabs. It's also a great resource to engage people specially when the team is not in the same location, like WFH.

Cons

I only have the basic version, cost free, so there are things I would like to do that I can't like chaning the background color. But other than that it's a great tool to engage people during large meetings.

Hi Laura, thank you for the kind words. We've invested a lot of time into developing our Google Slides integration so we're really happy to see customers like yourself who can benefit from it. Keep it up! Adam

AE

Alex E.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Awesome free tool (with paid accounts w/ more features) to conduct anonymous polling, Q&A, feedback

Using Slido had allowed me to conduct quick online polling and voting with my classes over the years to help students get a better sense of their strengths and skills they look forward to improving. Viewing Slidos conducted at the beginning of the term, then polling students at the end of the term shows students how much they have grown when their responses change to reflect more confidence for speaking in front of the class.

Pros

Allows me to poll students about things they rather not say out loud, such as skills they are looking to improve by the end of the term.

Cons

When a Slido has run its course, there are a few too many clicks to re-activate it. But I am only using the free version, so paid tiers may have more ease of use.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees

Create an engaging event experience

A really great engagement tool for events to keep the attendees engaged using tools that they already have, their smart devices

Pros

The range of options available to create engagement opportunities with attendees, particularly, the quiz and the live poll functions allow you to judge the mood in the room without needing to pause the main presentation.

Cons

The clunkiness in moderating and managing user questions in the Question and answer area. Senior management also don't like the ability for users to submit anonymous questions

HR

Heather R.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great for internal use

Overall - I love this tool and have found that this really helps with engagement, especially for networking events. Love the word clouds and how this can help guide conversation.

Pros

This is a very easy tool to use if you are using it for completely internal purposes and solely for internal presentations/events. very easy to learn and the videos that Slido has to teach the tool are quick and easy to share with new staff and show the elements very nicely.

Cons

This tool can be hard to integrate if you have panelists/speakers coming into your organization using different systems and wanting to use polling this has presented challenges as it can be hard to integrate Slido into different systems. For example if you have one person using Power point and another using Google Slides, they wont both be able to easily implement Slido into their presentations (at least not that we have been able to find).

Hi Heather, Thank you so much for taking out your time to leave us a review- it's much appreciated as it always helps us improve. We're glad you like the tool and the videos as well, and sorry to hear there was some difficulty integrating Slido into other systems. We actually do offer direct integrations with both GoogleSlides as well as PowerPoint, so you don't have to switch between the tools during the presentations. Have a look at this page as it might be helpful for the future- https://www.sli.do/features-integrations Best, Filipa

CZ

Christina Z.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

slido

Pros

We used the app mainly when I was in college and now I use it for various webinars and conferences. It perfectly livens up any lecture and allows for uninterrupted feedback, questions from the audience. It increases the interaction between the presenter and the students/listeners. You only need to share the code and others will join in under the code and can ask questions. Incredibly easy, I have nothing to fault, would recommend.

Cons

During the whole period of use I did not notice anything that bothered me, on the contrary, I appreciated the use during lectures, which became more interesting.

OI

Ozama I.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great for conference polling

No complaints aside from a few suggested improvements for a better user experience (re rooms)

Pros

Used at an international conference to take audience polls during different sessions. Worked really well. Audience liked it too. Being able to use different question types and save the answers for later anaylisis is great.

Cons

Not being able to program rooms to activate at certain days or times. Not having a unique QR code for each room - made things complicated.

DD

David D.

Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 employees

Fun way to make trainings interactive

We use this mainly with our 2-day New Hire Orientation, scattered throughout the various trainings.

Pros

It's extremely useful integrating into PowerPoint. It makes trainings fun and interactive, while also testing people's retention of what you've presented.

Cons

On occasion, we'll run into issues where it just doesn't work. No idea what causes this, but we've had a few trainings where we've had to skip using Slido altogether.

CW

Charlie W.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great for team building and personal use

Pros

We used the software for a team building exercise and it was so simple to set up and looked really professional. Everyone was able to use it even if they weren't 100% comfortable with technology. In the past I have also used slido for retros as part of my product team and again it's really simple and fun to use quick to set up every couple of weeks.

Cons

When we used the quiz function it was a little tricky to know whether everyone had completed the questions - there is a number at the top which tells you how many people have finished but not how much of the total number of people playing i.e. we had 11 people playing but ideally it would have told me 11/11 people have completed each question. Also having this be compatible with zoom would be great.

VS

Vinicius S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Review for Slido

Great for live pool questions and feedback.

Pros

Easy to use. Many live pool question templates. Results easy for read.

Cons

Low versatility. Miss features like personalized agenda.

Hi Vinicus, Many thanks for this review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and the ease of use. Sorry to hear we didn't meet all your expectations and hopefully we can improve over time, as we add new features continually. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks, Filipa.

OM

Omar M.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

Slido

It has been good. It allows our large group get answers to question we need immediately.

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is that once you give the code out to your audience, they input it in, and have access to the questions you want answers to anonymously.

Cons

What I least like about this software is that although most people have cell phones, there was one person who forgot their cellphone that day. However, that individual would not have changed the decision we ultimately made. The percentage of people were in favour of a decsision and one person would not have swekwed it - majority rule!

ML

Moonshine L.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

A very efficient tool of collecting public opinions

Fun and useful tool to get prompt responses.

Pros

I am a corporate trainer, and I particularly like the anonymous feature of Slido. It allows my trainees to express themselves freely in a safe environment, especially those who are shy about speaking in public. This feature encourages them to give sincere opinions. Therefore, when I need to collect public opinions efficiently in a short period of time, Slido is a tool that I love to use.

Cons

For the things about the disadvantages, I cannot figure out yet.

KB

Katie B.

Great way to generate company concerns anonymously

Pros

Our company uses Sli.do for all employee meetings. We post topics that we would all like to discuss and then we vote the topic most important to us. You can post anonymously which I find helpful if you are hesitant to talk about a topic in front of your entire company. This product is very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I work for a credit union and we were told that this site isn't 100% secure so we are instructed to not post any confidential information on it. It hasn't been a problem yet but I could see where in other companies this may be an issue.

KC

Karen C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Love Slido

Excellent experience with the product

Pros

The software encourages quick audience participation. My favorite feature is the Word Cloud and poll function. I like how easy it is to either use the QR code or log in.

Cons

Since the function to embed in the powerpoint has become available, I don't have any complaints. It used to be annoying to have to toggle between screens but that is gone now.

Hello Karen. Thanks a lot for your positive review of Slido. We're happy to see that you enjoy using our product and that the PowerPoint integration has helped as well. Best, Adam

SB

Saad B.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Adds Life to My Presentations

Great

Pros

Ease with which i can incorporate in my presentations

Cons

I think it would be great to highlight winning contestants on their phone (based on leaderboard)

EA

Elrasheid A.

Higher Education, self-employed

Awouda review

Pros

Easy useGood in teaching and learningAnd in Online education

Cons

Not adjusted to add animation and vedio to explain more quiz

RU

Rick U.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Audience Polling & Q&A

I primarily use it when speaking to larger groups or when I need to see poll responses in a PowerPoint presentation. It has worked wonderfully in these situations.

Pros

I like that it integrates easily into powerpoint and yet allows me the flexibility to use it with my phone. I like that I have various question type options in the free version. I like that it is VERY easy for the audience to use and provides real-time opportunity to answer questions and promote engagement.

Cons

So far, I've liked all I've tried so I do not have any "cons"

IM

Inês M.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Fun to some remote quizzes with the team

Pros

Very useful to perform some quizzes, remotely, with the team. You are able to show the scoreboard at the end of each question, for example, and the percentage of answers in each question. With the trial version, you can have a large number of players.

Cons

As I was using the trial version, I couldn't try some features, like export the results. Besides that, maybe it could be a bit easier to use, at least when starting, for the first time.

SD

Sheri D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Slido pleasantly streamlined our antiquated voting system.

For 44 years, the "People's Choice" votes for our annual music and arts festival art shows were manually selected and tallied... rather old-school but it worked. Dipping our toes into changing "the way it's always been done," we gave Slido a test-run with our smallest art show. The ease with which we could manage the votes and instantly identify the winner was an incredible time-saver! A game-changer!

Pros

We found Slido to be simple to use not only for us as managers of the polls, but for our users... who were of all ages and abilities.

Cons

Because we used the free trial version, all of the features were not available to us this time around. The only feature we didn't like about the free trial version, was that we could not upload our own photo/logo as the lead graphic on the poll. NOT a big deal at ALL!!

KK

Kimmo K.

Utilities, 201-500 employees

Easy to get started and integrate with PowerPoint

Pros

It's very easy to integrate polls and results visualization in a PowerPoint presentation. Includes all the key survey types.

Cons

There could be even more customization options for polls and the visualization of the results. Teams integration would be important.

FD

Faten D.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Slido review

Pros

Very easyCan integrated with PowerPoint, teams, webex, ...

Cons

I can't find how to add a short answer question with a specific correct answer