SoapBox Reviews

SoapBox

Meeting management solution for managers and team leaders

4.33/5 (6 reviews)

Easily Manage and Collaborate on the Agenda of your Upcoming Meetings

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Better Team Meetings!

Pros
This app has made it easy for our team to collaborate on maintaining the agenda for upcoming meetings. We can each hop on the application and add/remove/edit what agenda items should be included in an upcoming meeting.

Cons
Like a lot of new applications it is over simplified to make things easy. So while it's narrow focus it what makes it great, it's really just a point solution. We also use the Slack integration and while it's helpful to see who is changing things, you still need to log-in to the app to see the full agenda for that particular meeting.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Erica Siddle

Great tool for the toolbox!

Reviewed 2020-03-24

This saves us a significant amount of time we would otherwise be using finding information and reminding each other of action items, just to name a few. We've just started using SoapBox so I look forward to continuing to learn more about the tool and how it will help us with the work we do.

Pros
I like being able to organize all meeting agendas, notes, and action items in one place.

Cons
There are some limitations with formatting and sharing meeting notes externally. The SoapBox team has been very helpful and I understand that some of these things are in the product roadmap.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Team Meetings in a Colorful but Tricky Set Up

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-12-06

Making team meetings easier to set up visually but takes some time to adjust from ugly simplicity of google calendars invites

Pros
Team meetings using the gmail suite were always hard to coordinate with google calendar but using SoapBox makes it much easier from a visual perspective to select who to invite and what items to discuss. Saves a lot of time being able to recycle previous tasks using their saved item history compared to re-writing it in google calendars.

Cons
Meetings are set to be recurring the first time they're used, without an explanation for how to do one time meetings. Had to look in help guide on how to set up a one time meeting.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Maciej Mazurek

Good idea - bad implementation

Reviewed 2018-11-28

As in title - it is a good idea but implementation is really bad. They should hire a UX person.

Pros
The very good thing about SoapBox is it proposes an Agenda and questions for 1:1s. Many Leaders and Managers struggle with asking meaningful questions and SoapBox is very useful in it. Also it structures this meetings quite well.

Cons
The biggest problem with SoapBox is the UI. It is very hard to handle and takes a lot of time to understand what is where. Of course it would be understandable if the software is for complex processes but spending 10 minutes to find an option to invite other people is just too much for a soft for meetings. Also these questions which are proposed by SoapBox for 1:1s repeat often.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Soapbox is awesome!

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-07-16

Pros
Soapbox is simple to use, straighforward, and allows me to record videos quickly and effectively which is crucial to my job

Cons
Sometimes the video saves too quickly and doesn't allow me time to choose between video or audio and that can be frustrating

Stephen Hull

Finally found what I was looking for

Reviewed 2020-04-02

Pros
A super simple way for everyone to add topics for group meetings. I didn't even know I needed this for 1on1s but I can't imagine life now without it!!

Cons
I would love the ability to easily export meeting and minutes to something like OneNote for easy searching/cataloging with all my other notes.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10