Softros LAN messenger Reviews

Softros LAN messenger

Intra-office instant messaging software

Softros LAN messenger

Review Summary

Pros

Seamless install and functionality. Increased our productivity immediately.

ED S.

Enough space to send files very quickly, very easy to use at first time, friendly display and easy to understand.

sergi o.

We LOVE using this for our interoffice communications. It makes short exchanges so much easier.

Lauren s.

Cons

The only thing that I find slightly annoying is the constant flashing of the icon if the message goes unread. I understand why the feature is there but sometimes it drives me crazy.

Lauren s.

We use this software in an escape room to allow our players to communicate with the Mad Scientist in the game. With no connection issues we have been able to make our gameplay rock solid.

It is difficult to add or subtract people we have on the program so the actual setting up and changing is a little harder.

DEBORAH P.

4.9

Perfect Office Messenger

Office communication is enhanced. Confidential information can be typed versus verbal communicated around patients. This works very well in our pharmacy where we have multiple rooms and we can refer back to the message for information.

Pros

This software does not take up much CPU or computer memory resources and works very well. Each computer is customized very easily to whom is using the terminal and messages can be stored for long term retrieval. Web links, file data file transfer links, the program fits our needs very well.

Cons

It would be nice to show pictures within the messenger but this is a low request. you can always send a link to the file or web location. I'm sure this prevents excessive resource utilization and helps with the logging of messages.

This product is used inter office to be able to leave private messages while seeing patients.

ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITHOUT CALLING ANYONE

Pros

I like using this product instead of calling since patients can hear everything I say due to an open environment.

Great! No issues.

We are a small practice who used to frequently "yell" across the room to each other. Now we are able to be more professional and discreet.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of communicating with my team. I like being able to send a message without getting up from my desk.

Cons

That I have to buy a license for each computer that I want it installed on. I thought originally that the "per user" license meant how many people would be using it at one time, not how many computers would be needing to have it installed. Because of that, I had to purchase more licenses.

Great Software, Great Value!

Excellent. Works flawlessly. Easy to use.

Pros

Seamless install and functionality. Increased our productivity immediately.

Cons

I wish I had find it sooner, our old software was holding us back.

Network Administrator

Pros

New version supports Screen Sharing, better emoji selection and easy drag and drop file sharing.

Cons

Sound notifications. However, they can be easy turned off.

I was introduced to this program at my old job. Liked it so much, I bought it for my business.

I am able to communicate with my team without having to leave the exam room.

Pros

I like that when I receive a message, it makes a noise to get my attention & the window stays on top of the other screens I have open. I also like that the messages arrive at the destination FAST.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I *don't* like. I guess I could say that it is easy to accidentally close it out, but that's really on me & not the software.

We use it daily as an Inter office communication tool.

instant communications with any employee...

Pros

Was very ease to set up on our network. Allows us to transfer files and IM with employees. You can also send a broadcast message.

Cons

Softros LAN Messenger is "da bomb" - awesome LAN messaging with no hassles.

Easy transfer of files and various information between the 2 PCs in my work environment.

Pros

Ease of installation, simple to use, great for my small business as I currently have 2 PCs in different rooms which often need to send various messages back and forth - Softros LAN Messenger makes this really simple, child's play.

Cons

Nothing so far - could maybe be slightly cheaper, but I was happy to pay to get the great features. Really, I don't think there's anything I could fault.

Great for inter-office quick communication

Easy and quick communication between our offices and the front desk

Pros

It was super easy to set up and use. We are a municipal office and our reception desk is able to send us a quick note if an Administrator is needed at the counter. We also use it to shoot quick notes back and forth between our offices.

Cons

We have just started to use the messenger and know that we have not utilized it to it's full potential. Right now there are no cons that we can think of.

Very easy to use

Pros

The interface is very clean, simple and easy to use. Administration is easy. Initial setup was intuitive

Cons

I have cases where I need to send an file to a group of users. Currently I cannot do this. I need to send the attachment to each user individually

Dear Scott, please check our latest release v 9.2. We added the files transfer to multiple recipients. Thanks for your feedback!

It just works

Pros

We were using another LAN messenger app and it had constant connection issues. Softros has been rock solid with no connection issues.

Cons

This is paid software, but it really isn't expensive and ultimately you get what you pay for. Other than that I don't have any negatives and I wouldn't even call this a con.

No more running around the office!

Pros

Softros has been a lifesaver when I have a patient in front of me and I need to communicate with staff in the back office. The messages are sent instantly and easy to read and write back. We are a busy office and can all keep each other updated and on the same page. It's a secure messenger software so we know our patient information is safe.

Cons

It does it's job! Nothing to complain about.

love it!

as previously stated...we liked it and used it daily

Pros

We are a tax service. Our office is small but we are extremely busy during tax season. Messenger is great for us, with a few short keystrokes we can talk to each other without getting up or picking up the phone. It's perfect for us!

Cons

having the list of users in my way at times, I wish I could reduce its size without putting it in the taskbar

We LOVE using this for our interoffice communications. It makes short exchanges so much easier!

Pros

I find great value in that my employees can send me a message and not have to interrupt me in the office when I have people in my office or on the phone. It takes multi-tasking to a new level.

Cons

We use it interoffice and has allowed for more efficiencies. We love it!

Pros

We can communicate in real time interoffice without getting up every time we need something. I can have a running conversation with multiple people and keep working.

Cons

I do not know if there is anything we do not like about the software. We are a small office so we have not run into any cons.

Excellent product

Excellent service, easy to install and pay.

Pros

Very easy to use, you can follow the conversation even couple of days after.

Cons

You can't select different person to send same message, you need to group them before.

very good quality

fastest conmunication betwenen sites, to send files, reminds, storage even if station is out, it is very powerful tool to be conected all time internaly.

Pros

enough space to send files very quickly, very easy to use at first time, friendly display and easy to understand.

Cons

price by entrerprice, i consider the real price by one machine is correct, but you don´t have enough discount for many machines.