Solstice

Screen sharing platform for business meetings

Solstice Reviews

A Must for Meetings

Solstice gives me freedom by allowing presenters to share their own desktops without requiring my aide, however I have the option to moderate the meeting and remove any unwanted shares. It's a great tool and I am unaware of better alternatives.

Pros

My job is to run the meetings for our County Commissioners. We use various tools to broadcast the meeting and record it, and Solstice has proven itself an invaluable tool to help the meetings run smoothly. It acts a lot like Chromecast and feels a little like Bluetooth. It allows presenters to share their presentations to the monitors in our meeting room. Without Solstice, they would have to give me their presentations on flash drives and then they would be dependent on me to run their slides.

Cons

It is a little complicated for new users to set up their technology if they have not already downloaded the Solstice application. That can take a while, and if there are issues with using the correct IP address to connect to our displays, it can make presenters feel hurried and flustered. Otherwise, once you have the application downloaded, it is pretty simple to share your screen.

Solstice is expensive but you get what you pay for! Very dependable device.

Very dependable but is a bit pricey.

Pros

I like Solstice for its small size and its dependability. On a college campus, our professors depend on the Solstice to teach their classes. Especially during COVID, wireless presentation has been the go to for transmitting video to different displays. They can download the software and use their own laptop or mobile device without having to touch an HDMI cable. Its very easy to connect and the picture is excellent. I have never experienced any choppiness or lag.

Cons

I wish they offered the ability to connect a wireless keyoard or mouse. It would be nice if you could connect your phone to administer the device without the need for a keyboard. My only other complaint is that you now have to buy the power adapter separate from the device itself. This seems ridiculous considering the device is usually over $1000. This price should come down to be more competitive.

Great When It Worked

Overall, I loved using Solstice when it worked, but the issues with certain operating systems made us switch.

Pros

Solstice was a very polished product and had a great backend admin interface.

Cons

We ran into many issues where Solstice would work great on some OS versions of MacOS and Windows but not others.

Review: Solstice

Overall experience is good. Hopping in a meeting room & directly getting connected to the monitor using this app is a good experience.

Pros

1. Excellent tool to share to image you computer screen that helps wonders during the meetings 2. This has an option of getting connected using the IP of the monitor you want to get connected with (No hassles of wire cables or Bluetooth connections)

Cons

The options available in the product are quite limited. Options such as making calls using this app, adding more people to that screen share session can be added to the product

Great for wireless projection

I use solstice as a college student to give presentations wirelessly.

Pros

I like that Solstice is wireless, so that I don't have to worry about having the correct cables to connect my device to a projection screen in order to give a presentation.

Cons

It can be glitchy or difficult to connect, which is often an issue with wifi, but sometimes is caused by the application.

Versatile and Useful

We use Solstice for screen sharing during meetings and small workshops in our office. It has made screen sharing much more efficient and less messy than plugging and unplugging HDMI or VGA cables.

Pros

Solstice works with both Mac and Windows operating systems to screen share. It makes software demonstrations much easier than, say, using PowerPoint slides. Plus, there's no need to fumble around with cables when on the fly!

Cons

Sometimes Solstice won't connect to my laptop (Windows), and I have to shut down and restart the software. This is rare, so it isn't a huge problem.

Sharing made easier

Working remotely with teams and IT department.

Pros

Easy to connect to other's displays. Good tool for teams.

Cons

No cons. An easy and quick application to use with teams.