All categories

Stack Overflow for Teams Reviews - Page 2

It's Gold. Radio Gold

Pros

It lets me share the knowledge I have with people that want it.

Cons

Nothing. Stack Overflow is just overall wonderful.

Thanks for sharing your experience using Teams, Caleb!

Bringing benefits of focused Q&A to my team without losing confidentiality

Pros

Stack Overflow for Teams sits seamlessly alongside the main Stack Overflow and other Stack Exchange sites to let me get the dual benefits of public Q&A with the rest of the world and confidential Q&A with my team.

Cons

The only thing that I can say against Stack Overflow for Teams is that I wish I had access to it sooner.

Glad to hear that you are seeing success with Stack Overflow for Teams!

A great tool that could use a bit more moderation

SO for teams is a good product and could be ever better with some tweaks.

Pros

- Q/A and vote system that I know and love from the main site - Accessibility (no extra login) and easy to use - Integration into the SE network with notifications and rep

Cons

Missing flexibility: - You only have 3k-ish privileges (vote to close), but only as dupes, no other or custom close reasons are possible. - No powers to delete and see deleted posts. - Switching from the main site to the team or vice-versa is sometimea a bit finicky.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Philipp! Our team would love to know more about the features you think the product is missing. Feel free to reach out to beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts with our user research team!

Savior for programmers

I always recommend Stack OVerflow to anyone having issues with programming as the community is always willing to help.

Pros

While working on some of the simpliscripts I have done, the community at Stack Overflow have always come to the rescue.

Cons

Sometimes some of the folks can be a little rough but that is the same on any form of message boards.

Thanks for the review and for recommending others to our site!

Stack Overflow Review

I have at my job a official slack's channel, and often it has way too much background noise to understand something in there, Team is a better way to communicate between team mate in a controlled's way.

Pros

- I like the confidential's way it's. - I like how the dynamic is change as when the team is small, and more personal, it bring the communication at another level.

Cons

- The team I'm on is linked to SO, I dont know if special URL exist to just see the teams link, and not everything else.

Glad to hear you're enjoying using Stack Overflow for Teams! If you're looking for a Team that's not linked to stackoverflow.com, you may want to check out our Enterprise offering which allows you to choose where you host your Team: https://stackoverflow.com/enterprise.

A unified and familiar solution to share knowledge in your teams

A unified place to search and share knowledge

Pros

It's a familiar interface for software developers because they have regular contact with StackOverflow anyway. The search and tagging are unrivaled, especially compared to products such as Confluence. It's a pleasure to use.

Cons

Adaption can be hard. It becomes most useful when people go there "first" to find something but for that a knowledge base needs to be established.

Hi Sascha, Thanks for taking the time to review us! Glad to hear search and tags make it easy to find internal information that you need. Please feel free to reach out at any time with feedback.

An extension of stackexchange for your teams

Overall, it was nice and convenient. I applied to a team, and got into it with relatively little ease (Mostly because I'm already extremely well knowledged on the system from stackoverflow).

Pros

This is a nice private area where you can post your thoughts and request feedback from your colleagues about your organization. The Q&A format works extremely well for a lot of things, and continues to be a strong point for teams. Keeping things, quick concise and to the point

Cons

A few minor annoyances: The moderation symbol uses an emoji that isn't compatible with Windows 7, and just shows as a square. The reputation system doesn't seem to work very well here. It's still early yet, but it seems like I see a lot of test pages that people upvote in order to get reputation points. With almost everything locked at 1 vote, I'm not sure the reputation system works very well here.

Thanks for sharing your experience using Stack Overflow for Teams, Daniel! We'll definitely pass along your feedback to our product team.

You love the Stack overflow.you will even more lov it in a private and secure environment

It's simply great Q & A tool which we already love so go for it.

Pros

1-Awesome knowledge sharing tool which we already love while searching for our day to day programing queries. 2- more clearer and more personalised GUI for your team. 3- The best thing will always be there which is , you will get the short and simple answers for our queries at top 3- Secured so no need to worry about the sensitive information.

Cons

It actually serves it's purpuse. No cons I can think of.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams.

Great product

Pros

Stack Overflow Teams has a similar interface to the main Stack Overflow site making easy for our team who were already avid users to be productive with the system. It's a great place for keeping a private Q/A in a structured format.

Cons

While not a problem for our small team some expanded moderation tools may be useful for larger teams to remove problem posts etc.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Peter! We'd love to know more about the types of moderation tools you're thinking about. Feel free to reach out to our user research team at beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts!

Excellent Resource

Pros

It is very easy to detail what you need help with, it allows you to alert specific team members so you know you can get help from people who likely know best to help you. The voting and such helps you make sure you're getting reliable information.

Cons

It can be a little bit difficult to use at first, if you're not already familiar with how things work. But once you figure out the tagging and such, it gets easier.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're actively working on making the Teams easier to use for developers who may not know how to use Stack Overflow.

Very useful to ramp up your new teammates.

Really cool, I love it and I would use it if I started to run my own company.

Pros

This software works like a knowledge database. It is very useful given that a junior developer can leave open questions for another devs in the office (Even those protected by an NDA).

Cons

Manual tag system can make that you have to train your team to correctly use it. Otherwise it can be counterproductive for new mates.

Thanks for the review. We're glad that you find Stack Overflow for Teams helpful. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the tagging system.

Way to create knowledge base

Pros

You can setup frequently asked questions as a Stackoverflow QA page for your team.

Cons

The product might be a litle bir pricy for some teams.

Thanks for the review, M Serhat!

A tool we all use, now for your team

Pros

This takes a format developers are very familiar with and allows you to use it for your own team and documentation. This is the best way to create living documentation that I have ever seen before. I am so excited to continue using this as my team and company grows so our documentation can grow with us. It will also be a key tool for onboarding.

Cons

That it is a bit hard to remind people on the team to use it. However, as time goes on I am sure integrations like Asana will come along.

Perfect for large distributed teams

Pros

Ease of use, and speed. It allows large or distributed members to work together

Cons

The cost is too high for me to consider it for my non profit organization

Great to hear that Stack Overflow for Teams is working well for you, Luke! We actually offer non-profit pricing - if you go to this page, scroll to the bottom, and fill out the form, you will be eligible! https://stackoverflow.com/pricing

Like Wiki but better

We're using it only for 2-3 weeks so it's still a bit early, but so far so good: me and a couple of other colleagues got answers to our questions :)

Pros

Most engineers don't like to write documentation, but on the other hand, most engineers like to feel like experts, and would gladly give you a piece of advise. These are probably the two strongest reasons to use SO for teams in your company: you can write technical questions and direct them to specific people, they get reputation for their answers and now we have a searchable "wiki" for future users. win-win!

Cons

In small teams it's easier to ask the person that sits next to you instead of posting a question

Thanks for sharing your experience using Stack Overflow for Teams so far, Nir! Great to see that the product is already having a positive impact on your organization in the first couple of weeks.

The best, most familiar Q&A setup, specific for your needs

Pros

By coming from the great basis of Stack Overflow, it's familiar to use and has a great interface for writing content. People can instantly start writing content, whether that be self-answered Q&A ‘knowledge base’-style, or asking for the expertise of someone else. The core Q&A experience is perfectly executed.

Cons

There is virtually zero customisability for the individual team, no way to add custom functionality, custom sidebar content or even styling. It can't be adapted to fit with existing internal sites — it remains distant and associated too heavily with the main public Stack Overflow. Markdown support is lacking tables and other GitHub-flavoured adaptions.

Thanks for your feedback! Our team is working on more customizable features in the near future - stay tuned!

Great tool for privately sharing information

I would recommend Stack Overflow for Teams to help better communicate issues and solve problems.

Pros

I found the Q &A incredibly useful for solving problems and sharing information. It is easy to use and many companies can benefit from using it.

Cons

I have found no issues with using Stack Overflow for Teams, it has all the functions my team needs.

Great Product, with a Great Future!

Pros

I really like how the search finds both "Teams" and regular SO answers and shows you them on the same page with clear separation

Cons

Some theme colors might make the above-mentioned separation less clear

Thanks for your feedback! Our team is actively working to make the distinction between Stack Overflow for Teams and public Stack Overflow more clear. Stay turned for updates soon!

Brilliant if you already know how to use Stack Overflow

Pros

If you know how to use Stack Overflow, you'll know how to use Stack Overflow for Teams. It is the perfect mix between having your own private Q'n'A site without having to create one yourself and having a huge amount of extra tools and public knowledge if your problem is not product or IP protected.

Cons

Could use with some more integrations into outside products but believe they're in the works.

Thanks for your feedback Rhys! Glad to hear that you're enjoying using the product. More integrations into outside products are definitely on the roadmap, in fact we just released an integration with Slack. Check it out and let us know what you think!

The best Q&A tool + private = A great tool for knowledge base

Pros

1. You can tag a team member so he will notify about your question and most likely will answer you. 2. Save time and energy to answer the same question over and over again and helps to build a knowledge base for your company. 3. Integrated with Slack so you can answer, comment, view questions from Slack and the greater part that you can register a tag to a channel so instead of asking on Stackoverflow and post the link in Slack, the integration does this for you.

Cons

At the beginning, when there are only few questions / answers it feels weird to search for information.

Stack Overflow Review

Pros

I love that you can ask any question on here and post your code and people can answer you in real-time. It creates a really collaborative environment.

Cons

There wasn't really anything I liked least, maybe the layout could look a bit cleaner but nothing of great importance.

Hi Alanna, Thanks for your review of Stack Overflow for Teams. It's great to hear you find value in our internal knowledge sharing solution!

A great way to make StackOverflow an internal tool to cross department knowledge

Very good experience and a great way to share knowledge between teams.

Pros

Stack Overflow for Teams is what I always hoped Stack Overflow could be. It lets us maintain our own space internally for any departmental specific development knowledge. When the company is growing it is easy to lose a lot of this knowledge and Stack keeps it organized for us.

Cons

You have to have people maintaining the software or else you aren't going to get much benefit out of it. This is just something you have to institute to really get the benefits out of the software.

Stack Overflow Teams

We have a ton of knowledge that isn't captured anywhere, and the same questions keep coming up over and over. Stack Overflow for Teams helped, but ultimately wasn't used enough to justify ongoing payment for the service.

Pros

Stack Overflow is a great platform, it's really nice to have a place to share private Q&A.

Cons

It's hard to drive the company to use it, when real-time alternatives like Slack exist.

Thanks for giving us your feedback, Matthew! We recently added a Slack integration to the product, which makes it easier to integrate Teams into your existing workflow. Check it out here: https://stackoverflow.com/teams/integrations/slack

Overall pretty good, still has room for improvement.

Pros

Similar to Stack Overflow only privately. Really great for documenting and keeping track of problems and solutions.

Cons

User interface isn't that great (it's done so because it's easier to make universal changes) They've also not properly set it up, it's still a bit buggy.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Welz! We're actively working on making the user interface easier to use. If you'd like to share more in-depth feedback about what you'd like to see, you can email our user research team: beth@stackoverflow.com.

The same Stack Overflow we love

Pros

Its really a private instance of stack overflow, with points and badges

Cons

Not that easy to determine what shoould go in there and what should not. You dont want to end up with people asking question and answering their own question. You want things which provoke discussions.

Hi, Mathieu! Thanks for taking time to review Stack Overflow for Teams. Feel free to email our user research team at bdevine@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts on ways to set expectation with your team on how to use the private instance.