Telegram Logo

Telegram

Cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app for all devices

Telegram Reviews - Page 8

5,340 reviews

La mejor aplicación de mensajería de código a abierto

Pros

Me encanta la función de crear canales de difusión y un montón de herramientas que tiene disponible como ser: videochat, audio chat, grupos, videoconferencias y mucho más. Puedes usar Telegram no solo para mantenerte en contacto con tus seres queridos, sino también para mantenerte en contacto con la oficina.

Cons

Lo que no me gusta un poco es la presencia de bots automáticos que se cuelan en la aplicación.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Telegram is the best for forums,discussions and file sharing.

Telegram has made it easier to communicate with a large audience at once.Team building workshops,discussions and forums are a breeze.Fairly user friendly and most features are easily accessible on a day to day basis. File sharing has become much more effective and large files can be shared with no hassle. Telegram is much more professional when talking to clients and can be easily integrated with other apps.There is room for improvement in the search/filter feature and the audio/video call feature. Overall Telegram is a great app to use and has been an essential tool in my small business.

Pros

File sharing using telegram has become so much easier as I can share and receive large files with no hassle. Forums and discussions accommodate more people hense this saves time as you only have to post to one group for all team members to see the message or files at once. The archive feature is very good to use as ican archive certain chats that I don't wat to delete and I can go back to them whenever I need them. Telegram is user friendly and I can easily access most features I use on a daily basis. I have integrated telegram with other apps seamlessly and it has performed very well.

Cons

Audio and video calls can be improved. I would like to receive notifications and alerts in real-time. Telegram can be very slow at times especially when there are a lot of messages to go through. It immediately stops working and will take about five minutes to get up and running again. The search/filter function can be improved . In the latest update the jump to next channel feature has not been working properly on my mobile device. Can be more user friendly.

It's the best!

10/10. I will use it for professional communication if more people start to use Telegram. For a start, channels on telegram can be created within the organization to disseminate information.

Pros

I love everything about it. Firstly, the same account can be installed on multiple devices (phone, laptop, etc). This gives me great convenience because there are times where I forget to bring my mobile out, I can still access my messages through my laptop. Secondly, it allows me to upload documents on the telegram cloud without sending it to anyone else. Other messaging platforms require you to send it to another party before being able to access it. Thirdly, the features in group chats are very helpful, such as polling and pinning messages. There are just so many wonderful features of Telegram that made my life easier, be it professional or personal.

Cons

Nothing at all. It's free and safe to use, I think everyone should be on-board this messenger application!

One of the best for messaging application

I really like sharing video and document from this application as it has no size limit and won't compress the media quality. Overall, it is a application that i using it on daily for connecting my family and friends.

Pros

The best with Telegram is, all the message that are sent and receive by me are encrypted so no sensitive data will be leaked and compromising my privacy. It also has many sticker and .gif option that i can use when texting with my friend to make the conversation more casual.

Cons

Sadly there are no feature for a video call and voice call. It only has messaging platform that i can be use for texting and sending files and document over it. I really hope they will quickly introduce the video call feature and it will help me to connect with my friend quickly.

Best communication platform

The overall experience with Telegram is very good, it started as a complement for whatsapp and quickly become the first choice.

Pros

Telegram has a lot of good features, the most important ones for me are the possibility to have multiple devices with the same account always all chats synced, also the possibility of video call using the computer. And the secret chats that only show in one device.

Cons

There are no feature I deslike in telegram, one feature I'd like to see implemented there is the possibility for group video calls. But I believe they are already working on it :)

Telegram is free and easy to install on all devices

Telegram enables me to create group chat and host large members join the group for marketing and also resolving client issues. I can easily share media for others to download freely. channels can be created which helps restrict unnecessary posting of photos, videos etc. The privacy security is great and this really help me restrict strangers from contacting me. I still have access to my old message even if my phone get lost or damage.

Pros

Telegram is easy to install and support all devices. Unlimited users to join chatting platform, easy to share photos, music, videos etc. Have voice and video calling features. can download movies, software's shared by friends and group members. old messages can still be accessed on new devices.

Cons

You need a stable internet to read messages frequently.

Telegram. Keep your communications secure.

I have started using telegram over an year ago and love it for its commitment to user data and the liberty it gives in regard of the size limit for sharing a file.

Pros

Telegram is an excellent communication sofware. It has a very simple and easy to understand interface. You can send text, audio/video messages and files on it to your friends along with making audio and or video calls to them. Unlike other similar apps, it let you share files of relatively larger sizes to your contacts. It keeps your conversations transcripted so that only sender and reciver ca read them and highly values the data safety of it users. It is available on both android and ios devices.

Cons

Though it functions flawlessly it hasn't gained much user base until now due to wich you need to use other softwares as well to reach your friends that are not on it.

Excellent small tool for communications to externals and subcontractor

Easy to setup and lightweight and allows for confidential discussions in groups and/or in pairs. Does the job.

Pros

Telegram is a nice tool, with good usage options (web UI, mobile app, desktop app). It encrypts all the messaging automatically and it's even impossible to disable the encryption. This allows for communication of confidential business topics as well.

Cons

Telegram doesn't provide any kind of APIs and the integration possibilities are very low. However, for simple chat in a group or between two peers Telegram is a great app. Don't expect any nice integrations to other messaging tools, agile management products or kanban boards.

Telegram

In my personal opinion, Telegram is the best application to chat and communicate easily and in real time with one or more people at the same time. My experience as a Telegram user has been excellent. They have very efficient customer service. It seems to me that Telegram is a very complete software, perhaps the number one of its kind. In my opinion it is far ahead of its competition (in every way). Another aspect that seems very important to me is that its policies are not prohibitive, but on the contrary, they allow the use of the application for almost all types of activities. I really like Telegram.

Pros

Among the multiple advantages that Telegram presents are: a large number of gifts, animations, open group functions, its simplicity of use, how easy it is to attach small and large files, how easy it is to attach photos and music to messages, You can change the themes and background colors, you can choose from a large number of stickers. One of my favorite features is the secret chat and its ability...

Cons

In my opinion, Telegram has very few disadvantages: Bots can take up a lot of space and on some low capacity phones they sometimes cause crashes. In the groups it is not known who has read the messages sent.

Via Telegram

Best thing is getting and sending large capacity files and documents.and anyone can create Telegram chennal. It's is very useful to got previous and future updates.

Pros

More valuable in unlimited chat and sharing files audios videos. Telegram it's help to share large capacity files it's the best thing ever and Telegram chennals it's help new joiners to check old updates and all there.that is the very important thing. Search bar it's help to find new chennals groups etc.if we need any group details or any chennal updates just we can type what we know about the group...

Cons

In one option have video recording and voice note. sometime it's difficult to use both. Somone want to record voice note they will just touch the option. If anyone want to send a video clip they will long press and it's going as voice note. If make changes in that it's more valuable

The perfect replacement for Whatsapp

I use it to contact my colleagues and friends. I am part of many groups and there are many automated groups and discussion channels that you can search and access easily. Even you can get some money if you create a channel and install a bot that publish automatically offers and referrals.

Pros

Safer, faster and with endless possibilities that include: bots, automation and groups. Compatible with all computers (dedicated app and Internet browser) and Android/IOS Mobile phones. All communications are encrypted so nobody can access to your conversations or to be hacked (in theory). Many brands and companies are even using it for Customer Services or enquiries.

Cons

Maybe is not the most usable software yet, but it is improving with each update

Great app

I really like the app and I use it daily with most of my friends and I keep whatsapp for my business clients.

Pros

I like the fact that it is more secure than whatsapp. I think there is a web based telegram, but to be honest I have only ever used the phone app The emojis are a scream. The app is very stable (for texting) It is easy to use and the settings are easy to set up too.

Cons

I really do not like that as soon as you join, the software automatically sends a notification to everyone that you have joined... including the people you didn't want to alert!! The phone features (calling) were really awful to begin with (2 years ago). I notice that the calls are now clearer and less likely to freeze. It is still pretty unreliable though.

Telegram - A Review From a Computer & Telecommunications Engineer

The ability to communicate securely with clients, friends & family. If clients already have confidence in the skillset(s) that I bring to the table, then Telegram is the cherry on top/icing on the cake. It's an awesome product that is continuing to evolve & improve, and in this cutthroat world that we live in using Telegram makes life so much less burdensome.

Pros

I love the security that Telegram has by default. End-to-End data encryption. As a freelance Computer (Hardware/Software/Network) & Telecommunications Engineer the clients that I deal with need to feel confident that what we are discussing is safe & their IP is protected. The other feature I love is just ease of use. I'm the first to admit that ease of use wasn't Telegram's strongest early on but they are receptive to feedback & have made enourmous strides as of late.

Cons

Crazy alerts/notifications drive me to drink regardless of the platform. Telegram have taken feedback on board & it is tremendously improved & as I understand it they seek to improve it further.

A good communication app that could be even better

It works for many things, but it sucks for coordinating large teams. Fix that, and this then would be one of the best apps on the market for communication.

Pros

I really like that Telegram is super easy to use, offers encryption (with secret chat), and is also fast, sleek, and regularly updated. They keep adding new features, which is always nice too.

Cons

Right, so the biggest cons are that if you plan to use Telegram to manage a team, you can basically forget that at this point for a number of reasons: 1. Unlike Discord, Slack, Keybase, or Rock.io, Telegram does not offer any server features where you can setup a group with separate channels inside it. Basically, you get chats, group chats, and announcement channels. This is a start, but if Telegram really wants to dive into the professional market, they are doing to need to start looking at what Discord, Slack, and other companies are doing in regards to features, functionality, and advances in technology. If it was easier to manage a team entirely in Telegram, I'd be all in. Until then, I use it simply to communicate with people who don't have Discord.

A complete app for chatting

Overall my expirience could be sum up as flawless. I came from Whatsapp wich on cell phone works fine but on PC has many issues that Telegram doesn't have. I like that the people behing Telegram really seem to care about everything in the app, even messaging you (through the telegram bot of course) to let you know the new changes they made and that makes it more personal. So i'm looking foward to know what else can it offer and i plan to stay for a long time

Pros

The aesthetics of the app are very nice. In general it really looks like the developers try to keep the app as clean as possible (it doesn't even have ads). The animations that come with the emojis are a nice touch and in general the app works flawlessly. In addition Everything is in the cloud so no space other than for the app itself is required and end to end encryption is also a must and it has it even with phone or video calls. The web and desktop app also work as flawless as the cellphone app as well.

Cons

So currently in my country not many people use it so there's not much to do in it if you don't have people to talk to. Although i have some faculty groups in which the app is very much needed. There may be some people that prefer their stuff saved in their cell phones and there is no option to do that.

Best tool to communicate with your community

Fantastic: hands down the best IM service in the world.

Pros

In our Google Developer Group, we use Telegram to communicate among the organizers and to send news about events or Google's new products to our community. The channel is very easy to manage and our followers are really happy to read everything we have to tell them from a single place. We use links, social previews, messages schedule tool, polls, and many other things: our community is happy to follow us on Telegram, so we are.

Cons

I think Slack is better when it comes to advanced messaging in a group ( thanks mainly to threads and channels ). Telegram could improve this by dividing supergroups, which could have advanced functionalities, and simple groups.

Great for texting and Audio Calling...

Great for Messaging to be honest. People Engagement is also fine. Needs more development but okay.. Good for businesses and cryptocurrency users. I really enjoyed using Telegram!

Pros

Fast and Secured! It's a cloud based communication platform which lets detailed messaging ability. Audio calls just works fine! Great for marketplace and Business. Cryptocurrency users can easily interact with others..Telegram bots might be useful for newbie users in order to conduct business!

Cons

No Video Calls Yet! Still needs a lot of work and development to be as stable as messenger or WhatsApp. Navigation is confusing and UI appears to be very old styled and simple.

Most complete messaging app

When you choose to use a password to lock, the application does not always lock within the time interval defined for the lock. This can sometimes turn into a problem. In view of this, I put a lock in a minute, but I always remember to lock it manually.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, has a greater number of features compared to competing applications. It's excellent because it works in the cloud and because you don't need to have your cell phone always connected. It goes through constant updates, always bringing some cool innovation.

Cons

The app's only flaw is that it's not the dominant one in the market. It's my favorite app but people are still using the leading app a lot more.

My Telegram review

I use Telegram from its "birth". It became more and more powerful communication tool with each of its new release. Currently we use Telegram as our default chatting application in everyday communications within company. Personally I often use Telegram to make phone and video calls to my friends and relatives.

Pros

In my opinion Telegram is the best communication tool for personal and group chatting, personal and business audio/video calls, spreading the information with other people in Telegram channels. According to Telegram developers it tends to be very secured and safe for private and business communications . It works quite fast and has very user-friendly interface. Lately Telegram becomes more and more popular around the world because it's freeware and available on almost any OS platforms (including OS for mobile devices). There are many alternatives of Telegram client available for mobile devices.

Cons

Well there are still some disadvantages in Telegram. Most of them are about its GUI (graphical user interface). There is no option to change the font in Telegram client for Windows. Without advanced security configuration options it's possible to steal Telegram account. So it's quite important to configure all possible security feature to keep your chat history protected.

my telegram experiences

100- 5000 people live in the projects I manage. It is possible to chat with so many people instantly via Telegram. thanks telegram

Pros

like whatsapp but when i create a group i can add more users. more people can read my messages at the same time

Cons

should be more common. more advertising should be done. people don't know. They think Telegram is useless.

The BEST chatting app, EVER

Pros

I am so in love with Telegram, it has been a few years since I have been using it. If you are one of those who still use Whatsapp; here's something new that you should REALLY try. Telegram is cloud based, which means that it truly supports multiplatform use (what WA does, is just a hack. it uploads the data from your phone, so that your laptop/web can access it). Telegram has a lot of cool features which keep getting better and better. Recently they introduced animated stickers, which are SOOOOOOO cute. The platform never stops to surprise me, in a really good way. It also has in-built audio player and file sharing can be done in a breeze.

Cons

There is no downside to it whatsoever. You might feel that your contacts are not there on it yet, but its time that you invite them. PS: Do check, I am pretty sure you will find more contacts using Telegram than you might think

Messenger with a good security

We have use Telegram actively to shares files and document between my team and there are no size limitation on storing and sharing the files. Using this application is very convenient.

Pros

I really impress with Telegram security for the message that are sent out and the message that we receive. To be able to use it in business setting, security is the main point that we evaluate and we are satisfies with this application security. Sending a files with password protected feature really secure our communication in this application.

Cons

I just can't think of anything that i dislike with this application. Everything is working perfectly and smoothly for me to use it in business environment. Things that they can improve is, the mobile version has less feature compared to the desktop version and i need to login the application from web browser version to use certain feature.

Very very comprehensive Application

It is a very interesting application because it allows you to chat freely in complete safety, and above all it is much better than other applications because it is universal, easy to understand and accessible, really very recommendable.

Pros

The app is very easy to use. Once I installed application, it only asked me to confirm my mobile phone number by sending you an SMS containing a verification code. The amazing part of this app is that it gives room to save messages. Sometime I do use it to back up all my Images and Videos instead of using iCloud.

Cons

Frankly it is one of the best social networks application yet we would like there to be statuses a bit like on whatsapp or stories like on insta and some development still needs to be adjusted such as language setting! At this moment everyone will leave whatsapp for telegram

Easy to use and secure

I love Telegram! I'm satisfied with the features and I always recommend it to my friends and relatives. It's easy to use and very secure.

Pros

What I really love about this app is that it doesn't have file limit size when sending videos. I can send videos with large file size with no issues with the quality. Also, I like that it has privacy. When you are part of a group, you can interact with the rest of the people in the group chat but it doesn't show your number at all.

Cons

It'll be better if we do something to improve the User Interface and make it more lively and attractive.

Une superbe application de messagerie

Telegram a un énorme potentiel. Ces nombreuses fonctionnalités permettent une facilité de communication pour un projet professionnel. C’est devenu un indispensable, je m’en sers tous les jours sur ordinateur comme sur smartphone.

Pros

Pourquoi adopter ce logiciel ? J’apprécie tout d’abord le fait que les conversations soient totalement sécurisées. Telegram est l’un des leaders de la messagerie instantanée sur smartphone. Les envois sont très rapides et il y a très peu de temps de chargement. J’aime le fait qu’on puisse commencer une conversation sur téléphone et la poursuivre sur son ordinateur. Contrairement à d’autres services,...

Cons

Le seul inconvénient peut être le découragement d’installation si des utilisateurs ignorent comment réagir face aux spams et attaques de phishing avec la vitesse d’inondation de message que l’on peut recevoir sur Telegram.

Showing original review in French. See translation