Todoist Logo

Todoist

To-do list & task management software for handling projects

Todoist Reviews - Page 4

1,604 reviews

Great tool to get organized, but it's not fully GTD compliant

Loved it when we first started using it, but we eventually switched to the competition when our organization started to grow.

Pros

Todoist has a clean interface that let's you focus on your tasks. It is super easy to get started and to import/export tasks.

Cons

If you're a GTD follower, it can get really tricky to set it up the way you want it. You have no clear way to input the desired outcome and the inbox as well as the weekly review is could be better. Also collaborating in teams is nearly imposible.

Productivity with Todoist

I do enjoy using this software to help me manage my daily activities and task. It do help me with my work productivity.

Pros

Great thing about todoist is, all my daily task and activities can be arranged and be managed effectively with the schedule and the to-do list. It can be used both for business activities and personal activities. I also can shares my task with fellow colleague that are using Todoist and collaborate with them.

Cons

Todoist can be used to store some of the files and document, but the size limitation making it not very effective, because most of my files are exceeding the file size limit. I then opted to use other cloud storing service for the file storing purpose and not using the build-in storage service.

Todoist is Wonderful

Overall, I really do enjoy Todoist. It is a great app to keep you organized.

Pros

I really love Todoist and the ease of using something so simple but effective. Adding things on to your list is so easy and the feature that allows you to type the date and time you want to be reminded is a huge time saver. It keeps you organized with the multiple labels you can place on your items, and it keeps you motivated with the fun "Karma points" you get when you complete tasks. I love that.

Cons

I really hate this app around any daylight savings change. Honestly - everything else about this app is practically flawless but this one thing. Everything gets shifted and doesn't revert back to normal for DAYS after daylight savings​ happens. Contacting customer support is useless during this time because they're being flooded with emails and calls about the same problem. Hopefully,​ they have fixed this issue.

The easy way to keep your life on task

Todo list has helped me get back control of my time when it comes to task scheduling and being able to not have things full thru the cracks. I am so much more efficient.

Pros

The hands-down best two features of this application are the chrome extension and the mobile app. It's so easy to pop open either way and start to put in what your tasks are or even better know what still needs to be done and then click the check mark to say it's done. The schedule feature could not be any easier to use to set your date and time. Just type in plain English and bam it understand it and schedules it. If you want to know what still needs to be done then just click it open and you see at a glance everything you still need to do. I love the feature to re-schedule things you can get done, it's a click of one button, and it puts them in the best time slots it thinks you will get them done. Since it is using AI, it gets better over time at knowing your time schedule tendencies.

Cons

Since it uses AI at first it's not that good at re-scheduling items for it just puts them on the next day. At times it does not fully understand what time and date your putting in and seems to get confused when you are on the mobile app.

The best "to-do" software out there, hands down!

I've been tracking personal things and then my blog and now hoping to start an Etsy store, so I will be using Todoist to track my to-do's for this.

Pros

Super easy to use. I can easily create projects, tags, tasks, reminders in a matter of minutes. It's so easy to change repeating tasks too. I really like the Karma points, it's that 'fun' thing to track as you complete your tasks and projects.

Cons

There's nothing wrong with the software itself, the only thing I would like to see which they don't currently offer is a lifetime subscription.

Incredibly solid product. All the features you'd expect.

Really great. Still use it every day many years later.

Pros

Fast! It's super simple and reliable. That's clearly the main focus of Todoist. It works every time. It's on all platforms expected. If you're looking for speed, reliability, and scalability, this is the task manager.

Cons

It lacks advanced features such as timers and advanced auto-schedulers. Skedpal has some great auto-scheduling features I'd like to see Todoist adopt. And I'd love countdown timers for knocking out to-dos. Lets say I have 30 minutes, tell me what tasks in what order to do with a countdown timer for each task.

My Preferred Task Manager for Professional and Personal Work

Todoist is a great, simple tool for keeping track of your personal and professional tasks.

Pros

Todoist is simple to use and yet still has great features. For example, I love the recurring task feature, which is extremely helpful for tasks that need to be done on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis. I also frequently use sub-tasks and prioritization features.

Cons

While Todoist is my favorite task manager, there are still details that could be improved from usability standpoint. One example is the way in which it auto-detects dates. For example, it’s great that if you type something like “Complete proposal by 6/7”, the task will automatically be scheduled for June 7; however, if you type something like “Come up with 6-7 blog post ideas” (as in “six to seven ideas”) it will automatically schedule it for June 7, even if you add it to your “Today” checklist.

A useful and innovative tool to manage simple and sofisticated action items

Research and complicated projects can easily be transformed into multiple tasks.

Pros

It is a simple tool that can easily help the team transform a complicateted project into simple tasks with sub-tasks.

Cons

The text in a task is not easily formated. This way key words are not highlighted.

Best task tracker, hands-down.

Todoist is fantastic and I have no complaints. It has allowed me to organize my life and get more things done.

Pros

Todoist is the best task tracking app and software that I have ever used. I have tried multiple different native and otherwise task trackers and nothing has come close to todoist in terms of functionality and easy of use. The intelligent scheduler that allows you to type plain language when something is and if it repeats or not is second to none and it makes setting up tasks easy

Cons

There really isn't anything that I can complain about when it comes to todoist. I don't pay for the premium subscription and I think that it would be nice to have some of the features available to everyone, but the subscription really is not that expensive, and it would be worth it to upgrade. I am just too cheap ;)

The Go To Productivity Tool For Mobile and Desktop

I'm the type of person who's focused when I want to be, however, distractions easily occur which is why I needed a tool to assit with my tasks and goals. Todoist has signigicantly improved that for me and I am forever grateful for having this tool via my laptop, desktop and mobile device with their mobile APP. Overall I'm very satisfied with Todist and there is a free option for people who are just starting out. I'd highly recommend it.

Pros

What I particularly like about Todoist is the overall layout. Whether using a mobile device, the APP or desktop, it's layout is comparable to your typical email provider, which makes it easy to navigate as well as to get the tasks done at hand.

Cons

The premium upgrade caters to a large majority for those that are in need of assistance to their productivity, however the downside is that the current pricing $3 per month (as of 28/04/2020) appears to be somewhat of incredible value, however, it's commitment to pay only annually, may question a lot of first time users as to whether the $36 up front cost is worth paying for the upgrade. The upside to this is that their current "business" plan does have a monthly option of only just $6 a month, enabling a lot of short time task users to commit morever their premium plan. Happy days!

Use it every day

Pros

I've bounced around between a half dozen different task management systems, but Todoist is the first one I've stuck with for more than a month or two. I've been using it now for over a year to manage all the things I work on. It's awesome because it's easy to schedule items across projects and see what I have to work on today. The integrations with other applications like Pomodone make it easy to make...

Cons

The desktop application for Windows is pretty mediocre. I just use the website because the application feels limited somehow.

Unload your head

Probably the hardest part of Todoist is taking the time to break out the tasks in your life and get them into the system so you can have it all there. Keeping up with it after that isn't so bad and gives great peace of mind knowing that you don't need to keep all this stuff at the forefront all the time.

Pros

Gives a cross-platform means of recording whatever it is you need to get done in any area of life. Track all the steps of major projects. Break everything down action by action. Record a quick note for yourself wherever it is you think of it. Get it out of your head and into a system you trust to reduce stress and anxiety. The free version contains enough features to be useable, but the reasonably-priced pro version does add the important feature of reminders if you're the type to need that, on top of many other enhancements that let you organize more effectively if that's the kind of life you've got.

Cons

The worst I could say is the features like reminders and task notes are locked behind the paid version but is that really a con? It's a good software and not littered with ads in the free version so if those are features you need, it's probably worth paying the modest cost for.

One of the best tools for managing personal tasks

Pros

Fully featured tool for managing personal tasks.

Cons

Nothing special really. I hit the wall when I downgraded to the free plan, that's all.

Todoist Keeps EVERYTHING Organized

Todoist has given us a central place to keep track of everything we have to do. I use it as a quick daily planner, a place to store a few pieces of data that are needed often, and a way to keep up with home tasks, work projects and family responsibilities. The software is very well thought out!

Pros

Having tried a number of different list software apps ...this one had all the features I was looking for and a few that I hadn't even considered. Todoist works everywhere--there is a windows 10 app, a phone app, a panel for Outlook and a web version--very convenient. It does what most list apps do, but has some important features that really help: 1) You can make a series of individual named lists and items within can be hierarchical. 2) items on lists can be scheduled, tagged, labeled and highlighted. 3) Lists can be shared with other users and in that case items can be assigned. 4) List items can have notes and items attached. 5)Shared items can be set to notify list users when something changes.

Cons

Occasionally it is difficult to move an item to a specific depth in a hierarchy by dragging. However there are right click menu items that help solve that.

Helpful in reminding my task

Pros

Todoist really work for me as i have never forgot and missing my daily task that i has schedule after deploying this software as my personal reminder and task manager. The task manager has so many option like sub-task, collaboration and time reminder that i need to organizing my task effectively.

Cons

The free version and the paid version has not too many difference on the feature that they offer, thus upgrading to the paid version is not too beneficial, and not many feature are can be unlocked even with the premium version. I hope they can adding more value to it so user will get more value with the premium plan.

Organises my day

Pros

Todoist is probably the essential productivity tool I use. It organises all my tasks and helps me to stay on top of everything. The way I can enter new tasks, choose a due date and set a reminder just by typing a natural sentence is incredible​. The iOS app is also great and even allows me to create new tasks with Siri.

Cons

The Windows app sometimes has sync issues, causing tasks to reappear. The recent price increase is a bit too much for what it's offering, but my old account was grandfath​ered in so I personally cannot complain.

Almost perfect!

Todoist is great! I use Todoist daily to keep track of all tasks. Everything that I need to do, I manage with Todoist. Works fantasticly!

Pros

Todoist is one of the best pieces of software I have ever used. Todoist is essential in my daily life. Without todoist, keeping track of tasks would get really messy. Todoist is easy to use but still has a lot of advanced features.

Cons

Todoist is nearly perfect. In the future, some more scheduling and tracking features could be added. It would be great if I could schedule projects in a Gantt chart and track the time I spend on tasks.

Great task management tool

Overall I think it's a good product and pay for the premium version for the additional features. I like it more than Microsoft ToDo or Toodledo.

Pros

I like the availability of the tool being online, mobile app, and even a Chrome app. My tasks are always available for me to review. There is a lot of customization to configure it how you like to work and prioritize. The company is constanly improving the product most recently implementing kanban functionality.

Cons

I have to make sure the Chrome app, how I like to use ToDoist when on my laptop, is synced and and updated. I need to make sure it's synced or I'll see previously completed tasks.

Amazing task organizer and productivity

Pros

Using Todoist in my line of work really improving my productivity, as i deal a lot daily recurrent task and this software help me to tick all the daily task that i has complete and reminding the task that still on pending. The integration with my Google calendar let me keep my event in one place.

Cons

I really hope they can have a separate tool between note and task and not combine both. Sometimes, i only need to work with the notes, but to do so, i need to create a task first and then add notes into it. It is not effective to have to do the extra steps for something really simple like adding notes.

Todoist is love

Pros

Todoist is the most needed application to manage and organizing my daily activities and task. I use the to-do list feature a lot to making sure i am on track with my daily task and not missing any of it. The ability to access it from different device that are sync with it is one of the strongest point of this software.

Cons

There not much to talk about the cons of the software. One of thing that i think they should work on is the plugins and the integration with other service or software. It is a hit or a miss, as sometimes it work perfectly and sometimes the connection just can't be established.

A great piece of task tracking software

Pros

Without Todoist I probably would’ve been fired years ago. It helps me keep track of everything I need to do. I love being able to add comments, subtasks, and even attachments. It’s very easy to add tasks and schedule them. I also love how the apps for web and mobile overlap. It makes things really easy. Being able to label tasks to specific projects is also extremely helpful.

Cons

I really can’t think of anything. I guess maybe it’d be nice to have profiles so you can use a different profile for work and personal (I don’t like having work notifications on my personal phone)

My go-to task management app for work and play

I tried Todoist years ago and left it for Things 3, but Todoist feels a lot more native now on each platform, and the app looks great. Happy user here.

Pros

I keep a lot of stuff in Todoist: project schedules, shopping lists, games I'd like to play. One of the big reasons I love Todoist is the speed of task entry. The natural language input is fast and easy to use, and you don't really have to think much about the syntax. I also love how they've added descriptions to tasks (great for adding URLs).

Cons

Task names do respect Markdown, so you can insert a link as part of a task title and make the thing clickable. What I don't like is that there's no auto-complete functionality when you try to do this. So you have to manually type out a link like [Google a Giraffe](www.google.com), which isn't easy to do on mobile (or PC for that matter).

Reminder for all my task and todo list

Pros

Todoist is the best tools that i deploy to help me in reminding and scheduling my daily task and to-to list. It can be use for both my personal use and work. Recurring task feature is very critical to arrange my daily activities and task that are need to be complete by the time-frame.

Cons

One thing that i hope that Todoist can add to the software is, a separate space or area that can completely dividing my personal stuff and my work stuff. For now, i differentiate the task by color tagging it, but i believe a completely separated space can make the management more easy and effective.

Easy to use, yet complete for small-mid size projects

Pros

I have switched to Todoist recently mainly because it is very simple to use. You can add tasks from a number of other apps via integrations. The one I love the most is that it synchronizes perfectly with Google Calendar (what we use in our company via G Suite) and Spark, my preferred mail client. Tasks are perfectly organized into categories (projects) and you can add additional sub categories via tags and the Kanban view. Filters are a great way to fine tune searching for what is important. Finally, Todoist is unobtrusive. Notifications can be set so you can prepare for your day, but in a way that is not "in your face".

Cons

There are not really big cons, all in all a great product. If forced to look hard, maybe the fact that it takes a few seconds to refresh synchronizations to my Google Calendar.

Manage your daily list like a pro

Pros

What is i thing that is the best with this software is, it has a very easy deployment as it can be used from my computer and from my computer. All the data is stored on the cloud, so it will always synchronized between those device in real-time. and i will only view the most updated information.

Cons

Todoist has a hard time managing a complex project and handling a large files size that i tried to attach to my task. It will make the system running really slow and lagging which will affecting my work effectiveness as i can't access to my task and agenda on real-time.