Todoist Logo

Todoist

To-do list & task management software for handling projects

Todoist Reviews - Page 6

1,612 reviews

a simple yet awesome to do list

I've been using it like 3-4 years ago, and i always comes back to this app, it is dead easy, the only problem is when you have a very long term plan, sometimes its a bit hard to lay down the activity and drown on your own task setting. but in the end i always end up using this app again and again.

Pros

- held the principle of KISS (keep it simple stupid) very well but it can go complex as needed (attachment, comment on task, label, filtering, color tag) - has multiple app (windows & android for me) - very easy to use (could use sentence in setting the task date, like "buy milk tomorrow at 9am") - can drag and drop task, so you can design a very detailed task - quick sync, sometimes when i use google keep to take note it doesnt sync as fast as todoist - has dark mode - the founder has commitment not to sell out, no vc, so we dont have to worry expecting any sudden change in the flow of the apps. - cheap

Cons

- karma system... meh - not very good for long term plan, like if you go very very detailed, you could drown on your own tasks

Todoist helps me run both my personal and professional lives.

Todoist keeps me on track and ahead by reminding me what needs to be done and when.

Pros

I use Todoist every single day to help me manage my professional life - tasks at work in collaboration with peers - as well as my personal life - shopping lists and lists for things to do around the house.

Cons

The only thing at this moment I wish Todoist had was a way to view project completion stats.

One of my Favorite Software Solutions

Overall this has became a daily software that has improved my organization and productivity for work and personal use. I never like to pay for softwares, but this is worth every penny.

Pros

Todoist was a game changer for me for daily productivity. The ease of use and quick ability to get my thoughts and tasks on my radar goes unmatched. I love the shortcuts of being able to quick add a tasks with a due date and priority by just typing into a single line box. The tasks organizing and multi user collaboration make this great for just me or even a small team using it. I don't know if its just the way my brain works or just because its a great software, but this is by far my favorite tasks managing app.

Cons

I really do not have much I dislike about this software. The only minor annoyance I found was on a recent update. I used to be able to easily drag a task on the mobile app to another day. On a recent update, it now pops open a slide up window. I preferred dragging instead of clicking.

Simple to use and manage tasks across a team.

Increased collaboration with the team and a single place for all tasks to be stored and tracked!

Pros

A great tool for collaborating on projects and keeping track of running tasks and milestones. Todoist allowed my small team to manage projects interactively and made sure that everyone was on the same page as far as tasks and assignments. Availability across platforms was also an added benefit that enabled buy-in from the team on a task tracking platform.

Cons

I am a user of the free version, so the biggest drawback for me personally is the lack of some features other tools do have in a free version because they are behind the paywall.

A great product for Task Management

I've been using todoist for over five years. Through that time I've tried many alternatives - I keep switching back as haven't found anything that ticks all the boxes for me as todoist does.

Pros

A brilliantly designed and easy to use product. I love both the desktop and mobile version and what makes this really great is that it can be used across many OS and platforms, so you have your tasks with you everywhere you go

Cons

there's really not much i can complain about. The only draw back could be lack of reporting and dashboards

Organize everything with Todoist

I appreciate its calendar feature which keeps the record of our ongoing and planned tasks and provides us alerts about their due dates. It provides us various templates which act as road maps and help us to create more effecting “to do list”. Overall I would say it is giving excellent services.

Pros

It has amazing mobile application which really works very fast and helps us to work on remote basis. This application is integrated with various software like Dropbox, Zapier, IFTTT, Amazon Alexa etc, this integration policy has open vast dimensions for sharing storing and dragging the files through these platforms and it has provided ease for managing the workflow.

Cons

Since I have been using its services I have not faced any issue while using its effective services. Its interface provides me various sub sections, task and sub-tasks features so that I can effectively carry out the work. Also I put out projects in favorite column, thus it provides us complete package for personal project execution.

Stay on Track with Todoist

I have been using Todoist premium for about two years now. I started by using the software in an attempt to remind myself to complete one-time and routine basic tasks. I have since brought my wife on-board as a premium member for some work and career goals we have. I have also convinced my boss to sign-up for premium so we can share tasks. Prior to using Todoist, these tasks were getting buried and lost in email.

Pros

It is very helpful to be able to review completed tasks and to comment on them. This way, a task is not recreated with the thought that it never happened (particularly when assigning a task to another user). I also like the plain English input, such as assigning a task for "every Sunday." I've also studied some of David Allen's Getting Things Done, and Todoist can be used to follow this method. Last but not least, Todoist is supported on every device I own, which is a big plus.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of that I don't like. I have tried a few other solutions in the past, but this one stands above the rest.

Your own "on the go" personal assistant!

A clean and minimalistic type of software with avenues for incredible amounts of customisation, super easy to use and incredibly functional- I feel like my productivity has increased exponentially since I started using the software and I feel less overwhelmed when everything is nicely documented and on a schedule. I would say give the free trial a go and you will definitely see how much this could change your workflow.

Pros

Todoist is incredibly flexible and its a fantastic tool for scheduling and meeting deadlines; You can use it with browser, android, apple and more and is always there when you need it. The tool has really benefitted me in terms of helping me manage my daily work load and even my personal tasks- of which I often neglect! The tool has strong integrations and also has offline functionality, especially good when there is lack of Wi-Fi or data available. Its relatively affordable with a monthly plan and I would say it is very worth it considering the amount of gold functionality you get for the price.

Cons

I would not say it is the best tool for both storing and sharing data, the restrictions on the number of files and documents you can upload is very annoying and therefore it is not their strongest suit, if they allowed you to send larger files or provided bigger storage it would be fantastic.

Switched to Todoist from other list apps

Keeping me on top of small tasks and things I need to be reminded to do in my daily life and work, as well as recurring things.

Pros

I love how easy to use Todoist is and the interface of the iPhone app. The reminders keep me on top of things. I love how I can have Projects folders and I can organize my tasks by projects or by priority. It just makes it so easy to organize and prioritize tasks and coordinate with my calendar.

Cons

Sometimes the app wants to automatically add a date/time and you have to fight with it to remove it.

Great tool for personal tasks management/scheduling

A great tool to be on top of your priorities, tasks, to-dos, schedule, etc. I love how user-friendly it is with great UX/UI.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how much personalized you can be in terms of your tasks and to-dos. I use it on a personal task level, to manage and schedule everything. I love to be on top of everything I have to get done and this tool is certainly an amazing way to do that! I can also share my tasks / to-dos with other people (friends, family, co-workers) and we can all be on the same page. I love how intuitive and user-friendly it is. I love how it works well across platforms (desktop/mobile). I love that it has a very complete free version.

Cons

I don't miss any particular features nor have anything to complain as of now, especially considering that the free version is already great.

Most ergonomic task management app I have used

An extremely easy to use, complete and feature rich application, Todoist ensures that we don't have to spend a lot of time on the app itself, but can instead focus on doing the tasks. I use it as my personal productivity tool. While it is not sophisticated enough for enterprise level project management, it definitely has scope for building a product along those lines, given their penchant for accessibility and UX

Pros

Todoist is one of the only apps I know where I spend less time managing my tasks than doing the actual tasks. It has been built for speed, accessibility and ease of use. The keyboard shortcuts, the Intellisense that can grab the time, date, repetition from text, the consistent UI across mobile, Chrome and web apps, all contribute to a great experience. It has very good integration support as well

Cons

It has a limited free tier, in terms of number of projects, reminders and so on. It doesn't have a calendar view to visualize tasks, which most other task management apps provide.

Easily best task management tool

Todoist allows us to manage our projects with ease, we couldn't work as effectively without it.

Pros

It's simple to use, with a nice UI and powerful features that allow us to monitor team and individual tasks and projects. The multi-platform support allows it be use across difference devices with ease.

Cons

Additional dashboarding features would make the reporting and tracking even more powerful.

The one list app to rule them all

This software really helps me keep my life organized on a day-to-day, hour-to-hour basis. In conjunction with a good calendar and top-level management platform (like Trello) it can really improve your workflow.

Pros

Amazingly easy to set up and get started Integrates well with your existing software Has a great feature set that actually makes managing your to-do list a lot easier The task creation flow is very streamlined and easy to use Labels + filters + priorities help you quickly organize and sort through your tasks It's on literally every single platform you can imagine The Karma point system is strangely motivating, and also provides good metrics to give you insights into how your working

Cons

There are some weird errors on Android that sometimes crash the app On Android, I can't simply click a link I have stored as a to-do -- I have to edit that item and copy/paste the link into my browser manually which is a pain The Windows 10 app needs some serious work

Incredibly easy and agile project management application

I've used Todoist Premium for about 18 months. I moved from a very popular Mac GTD app because I use Windows at work, an iPhone, Mac and Linux at home, and I wanted an application that worked everywhere. Todoist is great. The web app has been rock solid and that's my primary interface for using Todoist (there are native Mac & Windows apps along with the expected iPhone/Android apps). It's fast, it...

Pros

Ubiquity and ease of use.

Cons

Lack of certain advanced features. More segmentation of teams would be helpful.

Feature rich task management; what else can you want?

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use. I have it on all of my computers (work and personal) and my phone. It instantly syncs between devices and the website, and I'm able to keep myself organized without any extra work.

Cons

You do need a paid version to have the most useful features, which is completely understandable; although I do feel it's a bit over priced, however I still pay for it.

So Helpful for Managing Day-to-Day Tasks

Overall Todoist has been super helpful with managing my day-to-day tasks. I will continue to develop better and better ways to use the tool to improve my workflow.

Pros

I appreciate being able to break tasks down into sub-tasks and even sub-sub-tasks; and then color code and arrange them by priority. The "Today" view helps me focus on only the tasks I am working on today. With the "Upcoming" view I can glance ahead at tasks over the coming week or more. The natural language recognition feature comes in handy for setting due dates and times. For instance, Todoist will recognize "due in 2 weeks" and create the specified task with a due date 2 weeks from today's date. Additional features such as projects and tags and color coding offer additional flexibility in organized your tasks.

Cons

Certain handy functions only work in Project view, and I work primarily in Today view. I have not found the iPhone app as handy as I would have hoped, so 95% of the time I'm using the web app (I have not tried the desktop app). For me, in Light Mode the red and orange colors for Priority 1 and 2 respectively are difficult to tell apart. In Dark Mode, the distinction is clear, but sometimes Dark Mode doesn't work so well for me during the day.

Never forget a task again

Overall, I love Todoist. Best of the best for task management.

Pros

I use Todoist for all my notes. It's awesome. I used to use Wunderlist, but since that's being killed off by Microsoft (well, rebranded to "ToDo's"), I switched to Todoist. It's great software and I never miss a task.

Cons

Wish it had more integrations with project management software like Trello and Atlassian Jira; this would make my organization even easier.

How did I ever get anything done before Todoist?

It's reliable and versatile. I use time blocking in Google calendar to plan my day.. and I have Todoist set up to sync with Google Calendar. I can schedule something in Todoist and it shows up in my calendar almost immediately. I can click on that calendar item to go back to Todoist for an attached file. And I can edit the item in Google Calendar and that edit is reflected in my Todoist project.

Pros

The ability to set up filters - narrowing down tasks by project and priority. A sweet option is the ability to schedule task by merely typing it in using common language. Like "every other day at 1 pm starting Friday" or "Ev! 20 days" - this one sets it up every 20 days... and if you don't complete the task for a few days... once it's done - complete it.. and the next occurrence of the task will be 20 days from the day you completed it... not as originally scheduled.

Cons

It would be great if you could easily next tasks.. and complete them all at once. You can complete the main task... but all of the sub tasks will also need to be completed - but even that is not a big problem.. you can leave them without a due date.

An amazing solution for tracking simple tasks

I used it for the last year (during the height of the pandemic) to track my tasks and to deal with everyday organizational issues. It helped me track what needs to be done in a time when every day feels the same.

Pros

It is plain and simple and does exactly what needs to be done. There is no overload of options, just exactly what is advertised - a to do list.

Cons

I loved it and there was nothing more that I would ask for!

Excellent Ongoing To Do List - If you keep up with it

Helped keep track of tasks when pen/paper wasn't convenient or viable across multiple teams and locations. Keeps you on task and gives you the little satisfaction of checking off something from your list. Keeps you focused on what you need to do rather than what others think you need to do, no more distractions!

Pros

Easy program with not a lot hidden under the surface - consider it your online notepad. Great for coming in and writing down everything you need to do, allows you to organize it by team, who is responsible, timeline, and a progress/series of tasks for more complicated jobs. You can connect multiple teams to accounts to see shared tasks, or create private lists for your eyes only. Has some gameification features built in to encourage regular use especially in a team environment - awards for completing multiple days of tasks, etc.

Cons

If you are a procrastinator, this might not be the program for you! If you don't regularly use the program and build it into your routine, be prepared to be overwhelmed with daily notification about how many tasks you need to do today, and how far you are behind! Can be a little overwhelming when things get busy and timelines fall behind, but to an experienced multi-tasker, this might alleviate forgetting some of those mundane tasks. Completely depends on who you are.

The best out there, but still not good

We were looking for a replacement for Wunderlist after Microsoft destroyed it. We wanted shared To Do lists where we could collaborate without having all the extraneous features of something like Monday.com. We have users on PCs, Macs, iPhones, Android phones and need something that will cross over easily. We are trying to close loops without having to use email or meetings. I use the GTD method, and I was trying to get away from Evernote which I had used for a couple of years. ToDoist doesn't make that easy either, but there's nothing out there that seems to be as perfect for us as Wunderlist was.

Pros

It is available on all platforms. You are able to share comments on items. You are able to get notifications when someone adds an item or comments on an item. The free version is sufficient for most team members.

Cons

Everything is clunky and difficult. The learning curve on something that should be self-evident is steep. For example, integration with Google Assistant is so difficult that it is not a viable option - and this software is owned by Google.

Cannot imagine life without Todoist

I highly, highly recommend Todoist for anyone who struggles with task management and staying organized. The filters help you stay on top of all your tasks, so you never miss even little tasks. You can set up a shortcut (control + A) so that you can quickly enter a task no matter what other applications you have open - which is great for entering a task during a meeting to make sure you don't forget about it.

Pros

It's SO easy to use! The text recognition when you are entering tasks is wonderful; you can type in plain English and it will automatically add the due dates, priority, status, etc. It's beyond efficient! I love how fast everything is. Filters are a lifesaver, as you can create custom filters that show you exactly what you need (for example, showing all your high priority items, or all your items due in the few days). It's easy to manage

Cons

I wish there were templates for tasks that you frequently repeat. For example, I frequently have to create a new task that has the same 8 sub-actions, so I wish I could easily repeat it. So far that has been the only area for improvement I've noticed.

One of the most versatile and sticky todo apps ever

Overall, it is a great experience using it. It is one of those apps you keep using and great for task management.

Pros

This is an app that makes you stick to your tasks and actually get things done. I am a procrastinator. And I have used a whole bunch of todo apps. The only real parameter I use to judge a todo app is if I can stick to it and complete the tasks. Todoist hits the bullseye on this. The NLP for adding dates is super easy and one of the best features of this. This is an app that is subtle in its list management. You only see what you are supposed to do today and everything else stays very much out of sight so it doesn't prey on your mind. The label and filter features are also useful. The subtasks are a standout, as are the project and goal features.

Cons

It is a tad on the expensive side. Also, the review features are not fully fleshed out for an app that tries to be full-featured.

Amazing task manager

Todoist helps me every day decide what I am going to do and prioritize! I rely on it fully. I always try to get all my coworkers to use it too, as it can be a great collaborative project management tool as well as a task management app.

Pros

Todoist is the best task manager I have ever used, largely due to its amazing customization, beautiful color coding, and satisfying interface. In my job I often plan follow ups far in advance and act as project manager on complicated jobs--Todoist allows me to schedule things far into the future, put them off when needed, and assign tasks to different teams all in the same place. The comment feature is also key when delegating tasks because it can almost replace an email telling an employee the context of a task. Finally, the "karma" seem gimmicky but, as a goal-oriented person, it actually increased my productivity.

Cons

I only wish Todoist could have a more seamless integration with GCal or have it's own calendar view. If you are trying to plan out a project and working backward from a due date, this kind of view would be really helpful.

Todoist: You Can Lead A Horse to Water

The project planner in me really wants to love Todoist; if you’re willing to invest the time to learn its power, it’s hard to imagine a more capable personal/team management tool. At the end of the day, I’ve moved on to a competitor with a dead-simple UX, but Todoist, I will always wish I had more time to fall in love with you.

Pros

Todist is VERY capable software with both solid tech support and a strong cult following will get you up to speed quickly—and tempt you to learn some of its more obscure (but powerful) features. If you’re looking for personal management software that works great for teams willing to play your game, look no farther than Todoist.

Cons

Todoist uses a relatively reasonable subscription model; like many, I’m not a huge fan of those automatic payments that sneak up on you and you’ll definitely want a paid subscription if you’re planning to utilize the full power of Todoist. If you plan to work with a team in Todoist, you have no choice but to pay for their team plan. When I realized how much time I was spending learning the ins and outs of a clearly powerful bit of software, as the clock on my subscription marched on, I finally determined I would be content with a competitor (Things 3) that offers less power, but it emphasizes the PERSONAL in “personal management” rather than the MANAGEMENT>