Todoist Logo

Todoist

To-do list & task management software for handling projects

Todoist Reviews - Page 7

1,612 reviews

It's not cluttered, and it's not watered down

I'm focused, I'm organized, and I'm realistic. I end up getting more things done that matter.

Pros

I was having problems with other task management software being too convoluted and detailed and feature heavy, and it was hard to stay focused on the big picture of the week. Todoist seems designed to help you feel like you can breathe even when you are swamped. It has built in recommended due date features that seem to know the reality of how much you are committed to already. I love the notes feature, because I can copy in details from related emails or meetings so that everything I need to know can be accessed in one spot BUT it's not in my face all the time. I'm easily distracted because I have so much I want to get done at the same time, but this has really helped me focus and balance my work.

Cons

I want more support and features for smartwatches. I feel like that's where I check things the most, because I'm often on the move when someone asks me what my capacity is or when I can fit in a new project. That said, it is still extremely easy to check.

Your own personal planner

I plan everything that I have to do on Todoist. This app can be a life-changer to people who are forgetful and who struggle to prioritize. This app ensures that you are always on track with your work.

Pros

Todoist is extremely easy to use regularly. It has an interactive interface and helps the user in every way that they might struggle with. Planning your week has never been this easy; with literally a few clicks to set up an event or a test that you should be reminded of, you never have to worry about if everything is done or not, because you can see everything you have to do right in front of you. Todoist also has a feature that allows you to give an activity a due date by simply typing the time and date in text format, and the app interprets it for you. Todoist shows you how productive you are on a daily basis, to keep you motivated on doing something fruitful. You can set recurring tasks as well to prevent you from having to type them in repeatedly.

Cons

There are a few features that can be used, but they may be a bit unclear to understand. A clear tutorial can definitely be added for people who want to have a tour through the interface and the functions of the app.

Can't get through a day without it

Pros

The organization into labels and priorities with due dates are amazing for me. I own my own business, help my brother in his business, have a day job, and run a busy personal life. All of these items go into Todoist and without labels and the way to organize by priority I would be lost. Todoist allows me to just live my life and not worry about a to-do list - when I am done with one thing then I look on the list for the next item and just get that done.

Cons

There used to be an auto suggestion tool on when to reschedule tasks that I found helpful and that disappeared in an update recently. However, it doesn't hurt my productivity that much so I move on and smile since I know Todoist is there for me.

I love this application

Very pleased, easy to use app, makes me more productive, easy to add tasks and see your results of the day, track your progress.

Pros

I found that for tracking my projects and to do list simple notes are not enough. The Todoist app does all for me, It has very intuitive GUI, well aligned, both mobile and web versions work fast, synchronized and elegant way.

Cons

For busy person like me 5 free projects included in free version are not enough.Though I also use schedule and inbox options to keep some unclassified tasks there.

Simple and powerful

I use it everyday all the time. Is perfect for my personal planning and task management.

Pros

I tried every other app, you name it, and this is the most comfortable in every way. The unique widget to add quickly tasks is incredible.

Cons

Is hard to see past works and how it was plan. I also find it too simple for teams, so for that we use other tools.

I can't live without it!

I couldn't live without it. I manage everything personally and professionally with this software on desktop and on the iPhone app. I've been on the free version for years and have found I don't need much else. I use my iCal for reminders, but I would be interested in upgrading to Todoist pro to access that feature there, which would save me some time!

Pros

Todoist is my absolute favorite tool of all time. I started using it to track personal tasks, then implemented it at work when I started in this role to keep track of what needs to get done. It is SO easy to use. Whether you use desktop or mobile, adding and completing tasks is incredibly simple. Because of the tagging system, categorizing and prioritizing tasks takes no extra time. An absolute go-to tool that has replaced sticky notes in my life.

Cons

Nothing, honestly. It has everything you would want, though features are limited in the free version.

Simple App with Powerful Results

Before Todoist all of my inboxes were daunting and I wasn't as efficient as I wanted to be. Integrations with email and calendar allow me to see just my tasks so no feeling overwhelmed.

Pros

Todoist isn't complicated or overwhelming when onboarding. It allows me to collect all my tasks (email, chrome or manually) and provide a framework for prioritizing the list. It is brilliant.

Cons

Using Todoist with my team isn't as streamlined as with other tools but they are constantly updating the product and I'm sure this will be corrected soon.

Everyone Should Use This

Extremely satisfied, require all my management to use it as well.

Pros

The ease of use for Todoist allows you to completely control the way you attack your day, week, month and year. An excellent and simply tool with as many add-ons as you could need.

Cons

The Project Build is sometimes hard to navigate for larger products (100+ Tasks), but there are ways to get around that.

All you need for task management

We have been tracking the productivity from earlier to now, and discovered Todoist made a significant change!

Pros

Todoist is amazing! With the many features, beautiful UI and even productivity strategies explained and supported in the app, it's fantastic! It's cheap too!

Cons

I do not really have a lot to complain on. It requires training for employees though. Further, sometimes bugs and glitches occur.

Good task management app, but some basic features are only in paid tier

Nice to have multiple layouts of the tasks (e.g, calendar view, etc), but tasks always come with notes and the notes-taking capabilities of Todoist are a bit on the weaker side.

Pros

1. It's really polished and you get all the possible extensions - for the browser, for desktop, phones apps, etc. Integrations are probably one of the stronger side of Todoist - good strategy! 2. The GUI is very clean and snappy 3. The app is lightweight and stable

Cons

1. Having notes for tasks is a paid feature - I think it's basic enough (needed to complete the task) to be included in free tier, otherwise it feels a bit forced. 2. Many other tools have similar capabilities and are free.

I can't imagine my life without Todoist

Pros

Todoist is a must have app. I've tried a few others but none that is as simple and easy to use as Todoist. I started to first use this app to help me keep track of my personal life. But shortly I found that it could help organize my business routines too. The recurring tasks feature is a tremendous benefit for me. Set it and forget it until you're reminded of the task again. I love the 'karma' feature as well. It helps me keep track of my performance over time. Easily syncs across all my devices and has a robust offline capabilities.

Cons

There is one minor inconvenience when using the software. When you add a new task to a project, you cannot create a sub-category from the get go. So, the new task goes to the bottom of the list. Then you have to scroll to the bottom and drag and drop the task under the sub-category you want to put it in.

Todist helps to helps people to be more organised in life

Pros

Todist helps people to remember and organize certain tasks. Todist allows to create a task and assign a specific date and deadline and follow up the task and it gives reminders do that people will not forget and will be organised. It can also help in businesses where we will not miss out any task at the end of the day and there will be a self satisfaction. The tasks can be assigned to a tam member as well so a manager will have greater control and can observe the progression of the task. It is convenient to synchronize Todoist in other Communication Tools (Mobile App, Web App). It also gives a graphical representation on the Productivity level this gives an Idea for people on how to Improve the Productivity in the next Task.

Cons

It is better if there is an action to undo any thing if we have made an error. If there is more variety of segmentation it would be useful.It would be more beneficial is a sub category is been given so that the user will not have scroll to the bottom to find out the task created. It would be more beneficial if there is a search tab that is more efficient where we can search task with key words.

Simple and easy task manager. It really works!

I've been using Todoist for more than 2 years now. I am pretty satisfied with it. It helps me become more productive!

Pros

The Todoist app is the only to-do list app on my Android Phone. I love the fact that I can bring it and schedule any tasks anytime and anywhere. Creating a schedule or taks is quick and pretty easy, I can also organize them inside a category or "Projects". I can label them too. Creating and deleting tasks is a breeze. My productivity rises because of how easy it is. What I love most about it is the productivity meter. It really motivates me to see it grow. And it usually means that I am productive. Lastly, Todoist is also available on many different platforms like Windows, Mac and Android devices.

Cons

A minor drawback is there are no other ways to view the tasks other than list form. I hope they make other ways to view them.

Project Management, Planning, & To Do List.... All in one platform!

This platform can be utilized for both work and home projects. I started using it for my personal admin time and to keep track of all of the house projects, tasks that I have on my plate. However, I think this is a use friendly version of Asana or Trello to use for project management purposes with your team.

Pros

I love how easy this product to use to create to do lists, checklists, or just to organize a project that you have with all of the action steps included to get that project completed. This is user friendly whether you are using on your mobile device or your desktop.

Cons

Sometimes I want to a put a task that is related to a day of the week. (i.e. Meal Prep for Monday) But it will automatically schedule the task for that day of the week, and that can be frustrating. But I have just remembered to schedule that task the day before as the deadline to work around this.

I cannot function without TODOIST!

I've been using Todoist for about a year now. It's the only time management/project management software that I've stuck to using for so long. And I've gone through so many! I literally cannot live without it! Most of the time I access it through a web browser on my laptop, but it offers an iPhone app as well which I use on occasion. If I think of something I need to do I can add it to Todoist in 10 sec and I'm more likely to not forgot to do whatever the task is. I love Todoist and would highly recommend this wonderful, simple online tool.

Pros

The simplicity. That's what I love most about this product! It is literally and simply an online to-do list. I've tried different online software to help me with time & project management. Most online software in this family offer soooo many features that it's almost overwhelming. Todoist totally bridged the gap for people like me who just want a to do list that I can store online and not lose on a sheet of paper on my desk. You can still create "project titles" and reoccurring tasks in Todoist, but the bottom line is it's simple.

Cons

Some might consider the simplicity of this software to be a drawback as it has less features than other software of its kind. But honestly that's what I like about it.

Want an app that will help you keep track of projects and chores? Todoist is your new friend

Well the pricing can be beat its is very easy to use right away, no lag time. The upgrades are a visual treat, but not necessary. It does exactly what you want it to. Perfect for the busy life.

Pros

This is perfect for people who are just starting out in their business. Or if you are a student and you need to keep track of class lessons and loads. The price is right...its free.There are upgrades on the phone and tablet app. Look for it on google web store and iOs app store. Just add a task, put a completion time and you will get reminders. I love it. I personally prefer the desktop and tablet versions. It is the ultimate sticky note for busy people. You can put task by priority with colored and flags and set dates. On the phone version you have the options of themes. I love color.

Cons

I love the desk top and tablet versions. In the past the phone version was a little harder to manage for some reason was not as fluid. It has since improved greatly. So if you have this app and you have not upgraded, do so.

Helps in getting things done

Great for personal or max.2 team task management. I wouldn't use it for bigger projects but for me personally it's near to perfect in case of my own productivity management.

Pros

I use it for a few years now and I hope it will never be more advanced because for me the biggest advantage of todoist is the simplicity and ease of use. The unusual thing I also like about it is yearly productivity report when you can get a special reward from Todoist and see for example what time of year you're the most productive.

Cons

I'm a heavy user of Todoist (top 2% accoring to my yearly reports) and I don't like one small thing mostly - they constantly change the keyboard shortcuts and I mostly use it with keyboard-only the recent changes makes it hard for me. I even think about writing my own tool with the same features but with different shortcuts :)

I Use It Daily- An Invaluable Task Management Tool

Todoist is one of the best productivity and task management tools out there, and I highly recommend it to streamline and make more efficient any day to day business tasks.

Pros

I had been searching for a comprehensive task management tool for a long time when I finally ran across Todoist. I cannot see managing my business without it, and have installed it on all my devices. It syncs new items perfectly, reminds me of upcoming tasks, and allows me to create projects for both personal and business use. It is integrated within many other programs for easy sharing, and the Chrome extension allows me to save content and URLS from across the web flawlessly. As far as productivity tools go, this one is at the top of my list.

Cons

There are a few features that can be improved or added; my number one being the ability to open multiple saved links at once. Much of my business involves visiting dozens of web pages throughout the day and if I could click once to get all links opened in a new tab, that would be great.

Todoist is the best out there in task management

Pros

Todoist is all-around the best task management app out there. I've tried several others throughout the last 8 years or so and I always come right back to Todoist. It has most of the most-valuable features that you need to implement a GTD-like system, or your own customer task management system and keeps me on track with what I need to do.

Cons

Todoist is sometimes slow to implement new and seemingly simple features. I suspect (and have read) that this is due to their base architecture, which they are working on redesigning, but it can be very frustrating sometimes that simple features take years to implement, or even longer. Additionally, the experience on their mobile app is not consistent with the browser/desktop apps which is frustrating because some features (such as sorting in a project) are flat-out missing on mobile.

Todoist is a great way to document, organize, share, and track tasks from your computer or phone

Todoist was a definite benefit to turn a pile of emails into an organized chart of assignments with a beginning and end. It was great to access on my Iphone before bed, or my web browser at work. Communication and productivity with colleagues and suppliers increased. If I saw another client or supplier using Todoist, I'd respect their efforts of structure and interaction, so it's great for the reputation of any business. Allowing free use initally is an advantage for any small business to evaluate the return on investment. Documenting accomplished jobs helps gauge the level of effectiveness for employees or groups, especially useful at review time.

Pros

Receiving email after email of jobs and tasks can make one feel overwhelmed. Take a deep breath and download Todoist on your phone or access through a browser and one by one, list each job, share it and update it with colleagues, prioritize and set dates, and sleep easier at night knowing you're on track to get it all done. Many features of Todoist are free, enough to get you going to see if you like it before pay subscriptions fees. Even if you choose to subscribe, it's competitively priced. Todoist is more sophisticated than Google Task, and clients will take you more seriously if they see you paying for a service like to Todoist to keep organized.

Cons

For a small business, Todoist is maybe too much. In the end, I found that Google Task was enough for my tasks and job lists. In future I may grow and justify the subscription, but not until that happens. The free version of Todoist does not allow you to track jobs you have checked off your list.

Easy to Use But Difficult to Perfect

This is a powerful and easily customizable task management platform. However, it can be overwhelming for people who aren't great with planning and organization. Unfortunately, there are so many notifications that I often ignore all notifications because there are too many and it takes too long to adjust due dates.

Pros

I love how easy is to use and how customizable the software is to your productivity habits. The Karma points system and notifications are amazing and keep me on track.

Cons

The customization can get out of control quickly so it is best to keep things simple in the beginning. Figuring out the best way to use the software for you takes time and it would be nice if Todoist provided some guidance from the outset on different ways it can be used and customized. I wish completed tasks would still show in the inbox like they do with most task-management software.

Easy to use, Effective, Efficient, Expensive and Productive

Even though it is super easy to use, Not well! Already finding alternatives.

Pros

1. Mobile, Desktop, Chrome, Web 2. Love the goal, days off and vacation option as they affect the streak positively 3. Collaboration Feature (Easy to assign) (Premium) 4. File Sharing (Premium) 5. Comments (Premium) 6. Activity Timeline (Premium) 7. Project Folders 8. Reminders (Premium) 9. New Board View Feature like Trello

Cons

1. Most of the awesome features are premium. 2. Reports shows only whether a particular todo could be completed or not And how many todos could be completed. There must be more like start time, end time, total time given, frequency, ratio, skipped, uncompleted (unfinished) etc... 3. No timer

Todoist helps me stay organized

This is a great program for keeping multiple lists.

Pros

I heavily rely on Todoist to keep me organized in my work and personal life. I run a business from home and always have a million things to get done both for my home and my work. I keep separate lists in Todoist for every part of my life. I’m totally a list person so I love checking them off. When I do 5 tasks, Todoist gives me some props which is a nice feature. I always appreciate being able to share these lists with my husband or employees.

Cons

The only thing that gets annoying about the program is this: when I type something like “Email Sally on Friday”, it automatically tries to convert “Friday” to a date on my calendar, which I don’t want or need. It’s easy to manually override, but I’d prefer that it didn’t do this for me.

Clean and Lean Task Management

Task management and more importantly scheduled reminders. I use todoist with the GTD core tenant of "getting stuff out of your head" and it really excels at quick capture of tasks and ideas.

Pros

Todoist focuses on what's important and the process of adding and organizing tasks is clean, streamlined and concise. I love the quick add feature on the Mac. The integration support to other platforms is also very robust. Team features are great too, assuming your team is willing to adopt the tool.

Cons

Both the desktop and mobile app could improve the way notifications are handled (after a task gets postponed the notification message won't pick that up). The most important thing is including a quick "snooze" option on the notifications, as sometimes I'm in the middle of something and it's cumbersome having to go into the app and push the reminder a few mins out.

Todoist is my sure choice and recommendation for a task assistant to have on your mobile/PC.

Pros

I love simple apps and Todoist is one of them for sure. It's very simple to add tasks, allocating them on projects, prioritizing by labels and color codes. This means that on your mobile phone you can see directly what tasks you have to do for today, on which projects and to arrange them by colour order of importance - red as most important, to white as least. In the last months I added friends to the projects so we can track each other on who does what and when. Very powerful tool to have to clarify your daily life.

Cons

One thing is that if I have a lazy day or an emergency I want to reschedule all tasks for next day. It allows this in a click of a button, but it moves some to other days, based on some sort of algorythm. I would like to choice if to move everything tomorrow or to next days. And second thing I am really into the karma points, as the heaviness of the tasks is not the same, some take a lot of time but get the same karma points as simple ones.