Tresorit Reviews

4.77/5 (26 reviews)

Austin Kendrick

A high-quality file storage service that places your privacy and security first.

Reviewed 2017-06-24

I love how Tresorit makes syncing and storing my files not only simple and easy to use (it's practically invisible as it integrates with your computers file system - just set it up and forget it), but primarily because I know that my files are safe since it uses end-to-end encryption as well as zero-knowledge security. It has all the security features you would expect and more, such as 2FA, and login notifications that will tell when and where if someone tries to access your account, and even the ability to see how many times your shared files have been downloaded. But what makes them really stand out against all the others is their use of client-side encryption, meaning that unlike their competitors, your files are encrypted before they're uploaded to the cloud - so no one, not even Tresorit themselves can see your files - because only you hold the key. Syncing across multiple devices works flawlessly, and file upload/download speed is very fast. Their support team is phenomenal, and they're always quick to respond and happy to help, and is some of the best customer support I've ever received. I've used and trusted Tresorit since their launch, and I highly recommend them.

Misha Koshelev

Great interface, outstanding security

Reviewed 2017-05-10

As mentioned in my review: 5 gb free storage, end-to-end encryption with zero-knowledge by Tresorit, great iPhone app for uploading and viewing images/photosThere are multiple cloud storage solutions with different goals. For the goals of highest security (end-to-end encryption with no possibility for Tresorit or anyone else without your password to access your data) with easy/seamless access on both computer & mobile, there is no better solution that Tresorit. Features I use include: - 5 GB free for life after doing introductory tutorials/exercises - end-to-end encryption with zero knowledge by Tresorit (just be sure not to lose your password; although you can still reset password if you are logged in on one device, if you are completely logged out and forget your password, no more access to your data by design) - seamless integration with iPhone including photo thumbnails and ability to view images as they load, camera upload - iPhone app includes 4 digit PIN key lock

massimo fazio

In my group we used Dropbox, Box, and few more but none is even comparable to Tresorit

Reviewed 2017-10-25

All my files are perfectly synced and shared across my collaborators with no effort. I used enterprise versions of all the competitors and I can guarantee that they are miles away from the reliability Tresorit provides.I love the total control and accessibility to each file or folder. We sync 9 machines with GB of data and not once we experienced a failed sync or a versioning issue. The encryption method is among the best in the industry. Usability is top notch. In my team I have MDs with our not particularly tech-savvy, and they use Tresorit with no issues.

Jon Taylor

Very Secure and Easy to Use... Even Grandma can do it

Reviewed 2017-05-15

Easy data security and quick adoption from users. As a cyber security professional, and a personal security advocate, the security and ease of use that Tresorit delivers is top notch. Unlike other popular file sharing services (D...box and others), Tresorit supports client side encryption. This means even if Tresorit is hacked, your data is still secure - Tresorit never has access to your unencrypted files. In the current environment of constant hacking and government supported (and subsequently lost) efforts, this is a giant step up from standard online file services. The file folder integration makes using Tresorit extremely easy. I've set this up for my parents and grandparents. They all know to look for the folder with the Tresorit icon and save all their financial and personal documents there. All have commented on how easy it is to use, and has made a Quicken crash easily recoverable for one of them. Anyone, even the most basic users, can easily use this software, and greatly increase their data security.

Bain Matheson

IMO Tresorit is the superior secure, cloud storage service that I have used.

Reviewed 2017-06-25

Mist significant benefit is the knowledge that our data is securely stored in the cloud. Complete end-to-end implementation of data encryption.I carefully researched and indeed used other cloud storage services only to find them all truly lacking in the most critical area; Tresorits complete integration of solid secure storage is superior. My group of businesses depend on Tresorit's end-to-end encryption to securely collaborate amidst my team's. We are transferring sensitive, critical data that I was never completely comfortable doing using other services. Tresorits web site and apps make using their service a breeze to I repeated into our workflows and having access on the go is brilliant. "Tresor" has become a commonly used verb now for our group of software engineers, financial and business team and management.

Molly Jackson

Tresorit offers security and speed, all in a user friendly package.

Reviewed 2017-05-12

Security and privacy is a must in my business and Tresorit are serious about both security and privacy, so much so, that only I know my login details. And I love the way that any changes, subtractions, and additions to my Tresors is immediately reflected. Tresorit is always improving. When you think there is nothing more they can do to better their cloud, they come up with something else. They are modern, forward thinking, and offer much more than even the most well-known cloud service. Last, but far from least, if you contact Tresorit, you don't have to wait around for days for them to get back to you. Great cloud.

Tommy Nilsson

Peace of mind sharing, sync and backup with zero knowledge encryption

Reviewed 2018-06-05

peace of mind. a one stop solution for backup, keeping several devices with synced files and sharing files securely.easy to sync specific folders and have them synced on multiple devices in paths that I choose. it's even easier to share a specific folder/file and have it accessable only for a limited time and or download. it's equally easy to set a password that must be entered in order to access it. New files upload and download fast, really fast. The ability to restore files makes it perfect.

Tóbiás Földvári

The most secure and easy-to-use storage service so far

Reviewed 2018-03-14

For years, I have used Dropbox, but then I read some articles about its privacy and got frightened. I was happy to change this solution, where your data is in safe, thanks to the zero-knowledge storage. By now, the app has a fully equipped interface with great features like Dropbox has (share a library/file; file history; great mobil app for Android).

Tim Schlabach

Very good sync program!

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Tresorit enables us to be organized and efficient by automatically syncing our files between computers with ease. Most of the time we don't even think about it, since it runs so seamlessly.We use the KCD kitchen design program on several computers, one of which is a laptop we take out on jobs to do on-site design. Tresorit has allowed us to do this and update our files with ease on BOTH computers, so that there are no mistakes or discrepancies in files. We had previously tried SugarSync, but ran into some issues and ended up switching to Tresorit. We have had zero issues in about two years using Tresorit, and we love it!

Woo Jae Shin

Awesome, secure, and beautifully designed.

Reviewed 2017-06-24

A better alternative to Dropbox, Box, and Sky Cloud. All of which I had been using. Now I have moved almost all of my things to Tresorit.The security aspect of this service is what makes it appealing. The company does a very good job of detailing the exact ways in which it insures the safety and security of your information

Michal Svoboda

Excellent value for money. Safe, easy to use. Safe sharing has never been easier.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Peace of mind regarding safe sharing, company cloud file system and backup.Easy to use safe and secure cloud file system integrated with Mac Finder and iOS devices. Sharing is easy to setup, yet secure and und under the sharing party controll.

Sylvia Salvendy

Tresorit has some really good features and I like a lot about it. Except their customer service.

Reviewed 2018-06-04

Positive features are the end-to-end encryption and secure file sharing with my clients and knowing noone even on Tresor can access your files

John Avdic

Reliable, flexible, user friendly and secure and still with a high level of accessibility.

Reviewed 2017-06-24

A simple and safe place to store files that are extra important. Small things like touch ID and auto-erase if a faulty password is entered. Easy to understand user interface avaliable as a mobile app, desktop app and Web interface. All synced flawlessly. Reliable encryption. Also automated warnings when logging in from a new location. Put together it really makes a difference compared to other cloud storage providers.

Daniel Styger

Tresorit review

Reviewed 2017-10-06

strong data and secure backbonePerfect and secure Software for me! I use it every day. Verry stable and fast. all - it's my basic Backbone -

Norbert Puritscher

Perfect for secure data storage

Reviewed 2019-01-09

reliable and highly available service for cloud storage

Tom Jopling

Serves as a great backup and for syncing files across and between multiple devices.

Reviewed 2017-04-25

We use the software within our mission organization. We are able to constantly update files from our various computers, offices, schools, missionaries, and literally around the world. We are able to assign the different Tresors to individuals, groups, or for global distribution and access. The encryption is excellent for sensitive data and communications that travel through monitored ISPs as only the designated recipient has the key and the key can be sent via a different communication channel for added security and anonymity. The only glitch that we have seen is when the same file is being modified and uploaded at the same time from different devices. The settings for limiting bandwidth are extremely useful for our folks that have slow ISP transfer speeds. They can throttle down Tresor transfer in order to use the bandwidth for other apps. If our machines are powered up, this app is running. We foresee using the app for the long-term. Security, Syncing, Settings

Paul Weigel

All good...happier than I have been with several other well-known services.

Reviewed 2017-06-05

Security - the system is designed to be secure. Secondly, it is easy to use in spite of its security systems. Great design, good interface. Ease of use and the high level of security it provides - among the best available. A lot of good thinking has gone into the design of the product and you feel that when you use the product.

Jinan Toh

Excellent since beta test!

Reviewed 2018-08-19

I have been using it since beta and it never give me any problem.The software is very easy to use, and it allow me to sync up-to 5 different custom folders simultaneously. Most importantly, it is secure and I can customize the duration for link sharing.

Jack Cohen

The best cloud sync and sharing solution period.

Reviewed 2017-04-25

Over the years our medium sized non-profit has tried over half a dozen different cloud sharing/sync platforms. The closest one that came to meeting our needs was Cubby. When that service was discontinued, we explored the options and found that Tresorit had everything we need and then some. Simpler than Google Drive, more flexible than One Drive, more robust than DropBox, Tresorit works flawlessly in the background to sync all of our files quickly and error free. This is the best solution for us by far.Simplicity, efficiency, robustness

Steve Karagiannis

Super-secure off-site file storage. Excellent as part of your Disaster Recovery strategy

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-09-15

Super-secure off-site file storage. Great piece of mind that important files are backed up safely and securely at a remote location. Excellent as part of your Disaster Recovery strategy (eg. from server failure, fire or flood). You can replicate your file structure on the Tresorit network. If you need to send someone access to specific files, you can send them a link to that file, without them having access to any of your other files.

Chad Joyce

Excellent for secure documents

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-01

Was able to securely store several important documents. End-to-end encryption gives piece of mind for important documents. Easy to share across multiple devices.

Linz Darlington

Tresorit - a great way to share your files with team members.

Reviewed 2017-04-28

Tresorit has been a fantastic way of sharing our files between all of our team members, in a secure way. I would really recommend it - very easy to use and set up. The feature I'd like to see is for you to keep a back up copy of all the files. Currently we use Tresorit to share our files, but BackBlaze to back them up.

Gabor Farkas

Reviewed 2017-06-28

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Fabian Sanchez

Rating only

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2017-07-20