Waybook Logo

Waybook

Playbook that stores all knowledge and training documents

Waybook Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.49/10

Reviews by rating

I use Waybook to organise company processes and store knowledge docs. Had a great experience with it so dear and I currently love logging into it.
It has been so positive. The support is amazing, they checked in on me and offered me new SOP templates.
Features are quite limited and based on their roadmap it could take some time.
No real criticisms here aside from a selfish request for an iPad app. That would be great for my own workflow.

Nuno Filipe B.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

A fantastic tool you can't miss!!

Very good, totally recommended.

Pros

I like the easiness of Waybook, it is a very intuitive app and has the flexibility of inserting all types of content. You can even take quizzes to make sure people understood everything and get a track record of who see the procedures. Very, very good app. Totally happy!

Cons

I did not find any point to be unhappy but I'd like to see a near future the multi-language feature. We run 2 countries and it would be awesome to be able to publish documents in 2 different languages and any given user would see it for his language.

Hi Nuno Filipe, Thank you so much for your review and recommendation of Waybook. I'm so pleased to see that you're finding Waybook to be easy to use. We've invested a lot of time into making sure our UI is simple and easy for you to get started without any need for additional platform training. Also really happy to see that we've been able to help you to consolidate your tech stack and centralise your important business processes and documents. Really excited to continue supporting you and your team, as well as watching your Waybook grow. If we can ever help, you know where we are.

Spencer J.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Simple, quick-to-implement playbook/SOP software

The team behind the product seem passionate and responsive. The product stands for itself... we wanted something to train our team that was simple to deploy. Waybook definitely meets that requirement. I will recommend Waybook to my clients for sure.

Pros

It is super-fast to implement with almost zero training. The in-app support is responsive if you do happen to have a question. They keep the structure detailed enough to have the depth of indexing you might need, but also only three tiers or so deep. That straightforward menu structure helps it be more deployable.

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see, and may be coming soon. You can export, but I would like to be able to export more docs at the same time. I would like to be able to password-protect a public page.

Hi Spencer, Thanks so much for your review. So pleased you've found Waybook fast to implement and no training required. The dream review for us, as we've worked hard to get here! Some really great feature requests in there too and I'm pleased to confirm that they're on the roadmap already. I'll be sure to drop a tag on your account so we can invite you to early testing as soon as these features are available. All the best, Elle

AK

Alla K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Its OK at best

Experience is ok. Its easy to use and self explanatory

Pros

I liked that I have a lifetime subscription through APPsumo for a small amount to make it somewhat worth it. I like that we have a place to keep documents to refer to.

Cons

Its not meant as a functional process management system because you can't print from it. The documents are not formatted the way you would for printing so keeping letters to clients or employees is not possible unless you do it in pdf format, which is inconvenient because we always need to change the name, address, date, etc. We would like to keep templates in there for our processes but cannot.

Hi Alla, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that and appreciate you sharing this insight. I have shared this feedback with our product and am pleased to confirm we do support PDF exporting of content, which can then be printed. Here is a link to our help center article on printing documents: https://help.waybook.com/en/articles/6119058-can-i-print-my-waybook-documents Again, thank you for sharing this with us, and feel free to reach out to support with any further feedback or questions. Elle and the Waybook team

John G.

Finally Have My SOPs Organized Thanks To Waybook

Overall, I am very pleased with my experience using Waybook. I've been able to really integrate it with my business and find it very easy to quickly open and take down my steps/notes as I work. This will be a great asset to have as I scale.

Pros

Before Waybook, I tried building out SOPs in Google Docs, Notion notes, ClickUp notes, and even had random ones floating around in Notepad when I needed to jot something down quickly. I knew I needed everything to be centralized in one place. Then came Waybook! I really like the layout, which allows me to have a nice overview of all my top-level processes, then drill down deeper when needed. Having all my SOPs in one location is way better than having a Drive folder with Google Docs spread out. I haven't finished building everything out yet, so I am excited to eventually use Waybook for onboarding my team, tracking their progress, and testing out their knowledge. I can see this tool being very helpful for years to come as my business continues to grow.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues or things I don't like about this software. Dark mode would be helpful so I'm not blinded by all the white, but that's about it.

John - thank you so much for your review and recommendation! Really pleased we could swoop in and help you consolidate your SOPs into a single source of truth. We can't wait to continue growing with you and your team Elle

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

It's amazing and simple. Exactly what I was looking for...

Pros

I have been searching for a solution for documentation for a long time. Waybook is the highest value app I have purchased in a long time. I hope you guys plan to be around for a while. What I like: - We were using Notion for documenting our processes but after a while, it gets out of hand. It became a job to organise our stuff. Waybook has a built-in organisation. - Minimalist - I hate tools that have "too much going on". Waybook is simple. It does one thing very well. - Scale - Easy to add a new team member. - Testing - Testing was the main reason I wanted to move from Notion. To make things more official and track my team. Good job guys.

Cons

I hope they update the text editor to allow for shortcuts with creating headlines and adding images. Like a "/" command.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so pleased you find our UI to allow you to focus and not distract your readers. The product team will be really pleased to hear this too. Helping you to scale has been a big thing for us when building Waybook. At our core, we want to help businesses scale efficiently and supporting the evolution of your team within the tool is really important to us. Super excited to continue growing with you and if there's anything we can help with along the way, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.

TR

Taleah R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Waybook Review

Overall, we are very happy with this purchase. It is user friendly and easy to track progress of training and documents. Waybook can house documents such as handbooks and company policies. It's been a great addition to our company resources.

Pros

We chose Waybook to keep our team members aligned with sharing of documents, policies and procedures and most of all tracking training by administration of tests.

Cons

We have not found a specific feature that we like least or Waybook should incorporate.

Hi Taleah, Thank you for your review. We're so pleased we can help you and your team stay aligned and also give you the ability to track your team's training. If you ever have any feature requests in the future, do not hesitate to get in touch - we'd love to hear them. Elle and the Waybook team

Feras N.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

A Great Knowledge Management Tool

I have an extremely positive experience with Waybook and I know that it is a continuously developed software that will keep on getting better and better.

Pros

Waybook is a great knowledge management software, I like the user interface and the overall positive user experience that Waybook provides me and my team with. Waybook provides a great structure when building SOP’s and guidelines.

Cons

I would love to see a smoother experience and format when exporting to PDF, this is something minor and doesn’t take away from all the great stuff that Waybook provides.

Hi Feras, Thank you so much for sharing your review and for your recommendation of Waybook. I'm so pleased to confirm that we're working on some improvements to PDF exports. I'll let you know if we open this up to beta testers or as soon as it's rolled out to all users. Really pleased to hear that you've found our templated structures and guidance to be beneficial. Really excited to watch your Waybook grow and to continue supporting you and your team!

Sam P.

Design, 1-10 employees

Excellent Process, Doc and Knowledge Management Platform. 5 Stars!

Really positive. Looking forward to rolling it out to my newer team members after good feedback from existing employees.

Pros

I use Waybook to organise company processes and store knowledge docs. Had a great experience with it so dear and I currently love logging into it - Lovely UX - Organised layout - Great document control - Excellent support team

Cons

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I'm very pleased to say that app support is on the roadmap! Really pleased that you're loving Waybook and our UX - we've put a lot of love into it, so really great to hear this feedback. Also, personally very pleased to see that you're happy with our support team. You know where to find us if you need any help in the future. Excited to continue watching your Waybook evolve.

Shari B.

E-Learning, self-employed

Absolutely EVERY business should use this product.

It has been so positive. The support is amazing, they checked in on me and offered me new SOP templates! There’s a Getting Started module in your Waybook when you log in that you can refer to if you need help, but they are also very responsive to instant chat.

Pros

Reduce the overwhelm of SOPs with Waybook! Having everything in one spot so that everyone can be on the same page is priceless. I was feeling lost in a see of folders and drives, but with Waybook, I can set everything up so that all information necessary is available. I can limit access based on team and subject. It can be used an internal training management system. I even love being able to customize the icons of the subjects.

Cons

I haven’t found a reason to dislike it yet.

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation, Shari! We can't wait to continue watching your Waybook grow and are always on hand to help

KK

Karen K.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Love it!

Onboarding, documenting systems & processes, housing job descriptions and job aids by role to make ongoing training a snap.

Pros

We need a single source of truth for all of the processes and job types in our company. Waybook templates were great for getting us started. Their customer service response is lightening fast, friendly and super helpful. Couldn't ask for better support.

Cons

Overall it was very easy - templates made getting started a snap. Only had a few issues with editing that the support team was able to resolve rather quickly or at least provide a temporary workaround for.

Hi Karen, Thank you for your review and feedback. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed using Waybook and found it easy to navigate. Please let us know if you have any other issues with templates or would like some additional support. We look forward to continuing to help you build and grow your SOPs. Best, Sophia

Alexander R.

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

The Ultimate Tool that Will Grow Your Business Massively

This is probably one of the most critical tools I use. I've bought and used over 300 online tools and this ranks in the top 3 for me. That says it all. It allows us to add structure to info, ensure nothing is lost and provides a fantastic way to upskill team members and grow your company.

Pros

Before Waybook I tried various other process management tools that people have recommended. Things like Bit.ai, GDOCS, Process.st and a few others. They were all great at individual things, but they never combined the flow and storage and flexibility of Waybook. Waybook is easy to use, it's got a clean interface and it flows logically. It's flexible in the formats it allows you to use. Whenever...

Cons

This is a tough one as they really have ironed out any issues I reported! My only current issue is so minor it's not worth mentioning, but when you do SOPS you often need to link to various items and it would be great if you could put the link in your clipboard, hightlight the word you want to link on and press ctrl+V to have it auto set the link (rather than clicking on the add link, and then clicking in the box and then pasting the link). Or they could do it like Slack, with ctrl+ U, then ctrl+V to insert a link quickly! As I said...very very minor!

Hi Alexander, Thank you so much for the feedback and review. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying the product. Even though your con is minor I appreciate you mentioning it and will be sure to let you know once it is resolved. I am really glad to hear that the value of Waybook is clear, the product is easy to use, and you continue to enjoy it. Please keep your thoughts and feedback coming. Best, Sophia and the Waybook team

TR

Thomas R.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Efficient Way of Managing Operating Procedures and Client Knowledge Bases

Waybook has allowed our start-up to document all our processes, making us more efficient and streamlined, resulting in less calls and meetings. This has meant new joiners can easily understand how to execute tasks and understand our ways of working.We also use it as the main Knowledge Base for our clients for our SaaS platform, which users have said is a fantastic resource, which is easy to navigate and use. Our business couldn't operate without Waybook and it's been invaluable to our success in scaling up.

Pros

The efficient organisation of your company's content is a great feature of Waybook. It allows you to easily organise items through Categories, Subjects and Documents. It centralises all your SOPs in one place, instead of having disparate documents.The formatting and design of your content allows it to be easily interpreted. We use it both internally, to train new joiners, and externally, as a Knowledge Base for our clients.

Cons

There are occasionally formatting glitches where you cannot break out of bullet points/numbering, when you are trying to change the formatting of your content. You have to create a new space of content, format it accordingly and delete what is not needed. Having the format icon on the left, on each line of content would be a good fix for this.

Thomas, Thank you so much for your review! I'm so pleased Waybook has efficiently organized items and centralized all your SOPs. I am glad that it has helped you train new joiners and helped provide a Knowledge base for your clients! We love this feedback on the formatting glitches. We are always looking for ways to add to the user's experience. I will make sure to raise it with the Development Team and see what can be done. Thanks again for your kind feedback and do not hesitate to get in touch if there's ever anything we can do to help! Sophia and the Waybook team

Amy F.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Collaborators & Partners, Not Just Securing a Contract

I am the Operational Excellence Manager for my company, and in my search for a platform that values collaboration and partnership over just securing a contract, I came across Waybook. I must say that I have never encountered a platform more dedicated to engaging its users.I had been grappling with the challenge of finding a user-friendly, modern, and accessible solution for housing our company policies,...

Pros

Support is incredible and highly collaborative. The ease of use is huge.

Cons

I do not like the format of exports. We need to be able to create page breaks so the printouts are also an easy to utilize resoure. We also don't like that the email reminders cannot have customized message. Instead, department heads are sending emails from their accounts and linking people back to Waybook to review. It's just not ideal for our workflow.

Hi Amy, Thanks so much for your review. I am so glad to hear that you've found Waybook supportive and collaborative. This is the exact environment that we want to present and am so pleased that it is coming through! I appreciate the feature requests here and I know these are things that we have put on our roadmap. I will be sure to let you know once they are released. All the best, Sophia

Josh M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great product and excellent support

Great customer service. Was blown away at getting a feature request added overnight!

Pros

Flexible and powerful. Waybook has excellent features and are constantly releasing updates. It's a really nice interface for team onboarding, training and processes. We have developed a huge number of documents for internal training and onboarding, and now our training is better than ever for new staff. Waybook's system is excellent for this.

Cons

Once you've checked off a list, as you've worked through a process, if you want to work through that process again (e.g. with another project) you need to untick all of the checkboxes manually before reusing them. So it's not quite as powerful as Process St in that sense (but the pricing is way better!) Apart from that, we love it!

Hi Josh, Thank you for your review and feedback. I am so glad to hear that using Waybook has improved the onboarding and training of new staff. Thank you for the feedback on the checklist. I can understand how that would be frustrating and will see if this is something we can improve. I am glad to hear that overall you are having a positive experience using Waybook. Best, Sophia

JG

Jay G.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Finally a cost effective tool to easily map out your systems and processes!

Pros

I loved how easy it is to set up and organize your systems and processes in an easy way that makes sense. I just started documenting our processes but what I love is its easy enough that once I learn the system, I should be able to delegate much of this to another member on my team to build out.

Cons

So far I' liked everything, especially the more I dive in. I would have to say when I first logged in the very first time, it was a little overwhelming to see all the preloaded templates but once I started clicking around I noticed they were just included to make it easier and see the range of uses this can be used to document. In fact, as a small business owner this showed me some processes that i need to develop that i didnt even know about.

Thank you so much for your review, Jay! I'm so pleased that you've found Waybook to be easy to set up and that you feel confident about delegating to another member of the team. We're firm believers in teamwork and encourage all Waybook users to share the load and invite collaborators to help them build out their SOPs and policy documents. Noted on your feedback regarding our template structures. I'm pleased to say that we're working on a new version of templates and actively trying to reduce any initial overwhelm when you first hop into the tool. However, good to know this also helped you to highlight possible gaps in your existing documentation and look forward to watching your team and your Waybook grow!

Emiliano L.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Esencial para políticas corporativas.

Mi empresa es altamente tecnológica. Los trabajadores y socios deben superar documentaciones técnicas. Así como seguir unas instrucciones precisas y elaborar guías de clientes. La aplicación, aun siendo sencilla, cumple esta solución.Lo único que echo de menos, es que no ofrezcan más plantillas.

Pros

Tengo negocio propio, así como trabajo en una multinacional. El sistema de Waybook para documentar los procesos de empresa es bastante más profesional al que tienen la mayoría de grandes empresas. El proceso es sencillo. Documentar + preguntar.

Cons

Me gustaría que se almacenara una huella de IP y diera un diploma, certificado al completar. De esta manera podría ordenar con efectos legales, quién lee y quién no lee las actividades.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Emiliano, Thank you so much for your review! I'm so pleased Waybook has efficiently organized the documentation of your business processes and that we can meet the need you have for precise instructions and preparing customer guides. We love this feedback on the IP fingerprint and giving a diploma or certification upon completion. This is a great idea that could add a lot of value. I will pass it back to the Development team. We are always adding more templates to Waybook. If you find that there is one you need please get in touch and we will see if we can add it. Thanks again for your kind feedback and do not hesitate to get in touch if there's ever anything we can do to help! Sophia and the Waybook team

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Your business, on the same page

I came across Waybook by chance as i was looking for a way to streamline my company's documents and processes. Now instead of having to send multiple e-mails or clarifications from staff, they can just access the platform at their own time to get the information they need. Being able to track if they actually have viewed the content is a great plus! Overall i love the product and it definitely has made an impact on our business in terms of productivity and time.

Pros

Customer service is top notch. I get proper and professional responses within 24 hours. I also appreciate their willingness to explore how issues can be solved as well as their transparency on the product roadmap. It is really easy to use and has the minimum features you need to start onboarding employees and getting them on the same page with your company's SOPS and other information.

Cons

Waybook is quite fresh. Features are quite limited and based on their roadmap it could take some time. I was a little disappointed with the security features and limitation with using Waybook as a means to get staff's acknowledgement on new polices and processes. That being said, i have been assured that these are features that are coming soon.

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! I'm so pleased to hear your interactions with our support team have been great so far. We're incredibly proud of them and as the Waybook community are core to helping our team direct product development, we're always open to your feedback, feature requests and suggested updates. As a growing business ourselves, we completely understand how frustrating onboarding new team members was before Waybook so I'm over the moon to know we're having a positive impact on your business' productivity and saving you time sending individual emails whenever something changes. You know where we are if you need anything along the way! Elle

ES

Emily S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Systems = Profits

Wow, this is the roadmap to your business success. It turns an amateur entrepreneur into a thought leader of your field of business. Assists with setting up and documenting each and every process of your business with ease. Get clarity about your business, get help to identify the weak areas, and focus on the ones which can help you grow.

Pros

Streamline systems and processes of your business Make employee training and onboarding easier Easy to set up and use Amazing guidance to document your processes

Cons

The initial templates may not be directly relevant to your business. Needs some guidance from the customer support team through 1:1 which are offered.

Hi Emily, Thank you so much for your review. I particularly loved this line: "It turns an amateur entrepreneur into a thought leader of your field of business". I'm so pleased to hear that you feel this way and that we've been able to support you in streamlining your systems and processes, creating the central source of truth essential for any growing business looking to scale efficiently and build an unstoppable team. We're actively working to improve our templates and I'd love to chat to you a little more about this. If you did have any ideas or had time to sit and chat templates, please get in touch and we'll set this up. Really excited to continue watching your Waybook grow!

WG

William G.

Construction, self-employed

Waybook is the backbone of business. It’s all there to help me scale

My overall experience has been fantastic

Pros

It’s a straight forward tool that allows you to show and build value in your business.

Cons

It’s not available as an app yet, which would be amazing as I would like to create more SOP guidance on the go.

Will, Thank you so much for your review! We love working with you and your team, and are really excited to launch mobile support for you in the future to help your team access and collaborate on new SOPs on the go! I'll be in touch as soon as we open mobile support up to early testers and you know where we are if you need anything in the meantime. Elle and the Waybook team

JV

Jay V.

Love this.

Fantastic!

Pros

What I love is that I was able to get access for a lifetime deal price through AppSumo at a time where I was in the market for an alternative to "Trainual". We needed to document our systems as we prepare to scale the company. This tool is so amazingly easy to use and I cannot think of things to improve, yet I know there is a roadmap of more awesome things to come.

Cons

I would like to see a library of common SOP's or processes to help get started. Waybook does have a list of ideas for different departments, but some common tasks inside those departments would be an awesome onboarding component.

Love this review - thank you Jay! I'm so pleased to hear you've found Waybook so easy to use. We've worked really hard to get there, so hearing you've found this makes us super happy! I'm pleased to say that we have a templating library which is continuing to grow and available by invitation. If you reach out to the support team, we'll happily give you access so you can check it out and see if there is anything in there relevant to your team Looking forward to continuing to grow with you and your team! Elle

BA

Brice A.

Onboarding & SOPS Done Right

I have tried a bunch of softwares both specialty and general to get my SOPs the way I want them but I'm happy I found waybook, there are other ways to store and share this information but I think this is the best one.

Pros

The best features are the core features, being an interactive onboarding, training, and knowledge repository. It's easy to create, edit, and archive pages. You can embed any kind of media possible to create and implement repeatable processes for repeatable results.

Cons

The only improvement I would like to see is maybe webhooks, or integrations with zapier competitors.

Hi Brice, Thank you so much for your review. I'm so pleased you're enjoying using Waybook and finding content easy to build. I think we have some exciting features in the pipeline to help you do even more when it comes to repeat processes, so super excited to share these with you when they're ready. I'm pleased to say that the team are investigating other integration options, outside of the work we've done with Zapier. I'll definitely keep you posted on this. If there's ever anything else we can help with or you'd like to see, do not hesitate to get in touch. Elle

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Waybook is easy to use with many features

Overall great product for manuals and permissions

Pros

I like that you can train people using Waybook, with trainings, quizzes and more. The most important is I can store my manual on the site with permissions at every level

Cons

I wish the trainings were more intuitive and easy to administer and manage.

Thank you so much for your review. We're so pleased that you have been able to set up your team training and store your business manuals using Waybook. We'd love to learn more about how training could be improved for you and your team - I'll be in touch and would love to discuss this with you in more depth. Thanks again for sharing your feedback - we're excited to continue growing with you.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Business' Bestfriend for Knowledge Management & Business Process Documentation

Pros

I love its simplicity and well-thought process structure. I find Waybook as a well-designed tool with simplified organisation in mind for keeping business processes documentation, training, and knowledge-base platform in the most efficient way. It is easy to even get started with the tool without compromising organisation and structure. It is very innovative in the sense that you can gamify training, add videos, forms, and quizzes.

Cons

I think that there's room for improvement by incorporating process templates inside the platform. Currently, you can only get a template for a structure. When you are starting from scratch, having an easy to access templates with contents will give you inspiration.

Thank you so much for your review. "Business' Bestfriend for Knowledge Management & Business Process Documentation" is so wonderful to read - thank you! Simplicity is a huge thing for us - we want to create a central source of truth for your business and making this content easy for your team to navigate is crucial, so I'm happy to know you like this about the tool. Also, very pleased to...

Ivan N.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Excellent knowledge base and SOP management

Overall the product value is there and the customer service is excellent.

Pros

Waybook is an intuitive way to manage business processes and helping with the onboarding of new team members. They have good feature sets like permissions and summary emails that help give a bird eyes view on the teams progress.

Cons

The text editing leaves much to be desired but it has vastly improved since we've begun using it.

Ivan, Thank you so much for your review! I'm so pleased Waybook is an excellent knowledge base and SOP management and has helped you onboard new team members. We love this feedback on improving the text editing. We are working hard to ensure that we are helping you get the most out of our features. I will pass this back to the Development team and see what else we can do. Thanks again for your kind feedback and do not hesitate to get in touch if there's ever anything we can do to help! Sophia and the Waybook team

JG

Jon G.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Onboard the Waybook train in a big way!

The addition of tracking functionality and the quiz aspect pushes Waybook over the top for me. The fact that the features above come from a product so wonderfully supported is the real joy though. The customer service team is second to none (and I've used loads of software). They're responsive and quick to support and so far have really taken on my support requests - specifically rolling out features to solve a few of them too! You can't go wrong with Waybook. An 11 out of 10 for sure.

Pros

I am onboard the Waybook train in a big way. I use it for my day job and my freelance work. I was pretty much sold as soon as I got access as the layout just makes perfect sense to me. The access rules are so simple and powerful. You can have dozens of different teams only seeing the content they need to interact with and then only some with edit access. A dream come true!

Cons

I'm keen for the team to implement an option to disable document tracking for content that is for reference only. An overhaul of the in-app home screen would be great too, so I can customise what is displayed. Both of those features are listed on their roadmap as coming soon though... so all good!

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Jon! Also, a huge thank you for always being so forthcoming with feedback and suggestions. It's a pleasure supporting you and we can't wait to continue growing with you and your team! Elle