WebMerge Reviews

4.77/5 (345 reviews)

Robert (Robby) Johnson

Best Document Generator for SFDC

Reviewed 2018-11-02

We had been using Salesforce's built in quote document tool to create customer facing documents. Anyone that has used it knows of the limitations of that feature of SFDC. I researched and discovered WebMerge. Installed it in our sandbox and had it running in minutes. They have an extensive trial period and after a few days realized it was the perfect affordable solution. Our documents look professional. Plus being able to use the document routing allows me to merge multiple documents into one. I am pulling in technical specifications from AWS S3 and merging into my quotes to create 1 document to give to the customer. WebMerge also helped me with the settings in AWS S3 to allow only WebMerge to access my data bucket. I know there are many undiscovered uses that I am going to have for this product. Plus flexible pricing. You pay for number of merges - not number of pages.

Pros
The more I use this product, the more i find out new things that it can do. Extremely flexible document template creation. Can use your own MS Office documents for templates or create using WebMerge template builder. Extremely easy to get up and going in a few minutes by uploading an existing Word document with merge fields. The ability to add logic to the templates (formatting,hide fields,sort,etc) is a game changer. If the data is in SFDA, you can get it into a WebMerge document. Another feature that makes this product unique is that you can include a custom SFDC SOQL query in your mappings to merge in almost anything from SFDC. Even as great as the software is, the support is even better. You submit a case and almost immediately get a response and a solution. If you post a question, you get a response almost immediately. WebMerge will email and and respond to your emailed replies. They will help you until you get a resolution/solution. They will give helpful tips about how to tackle your use case. I bet I emailed them a few times a day with different questions and they replied each time with support. I cannot explain how helpful this product has been to me to accomplish what I needed to do and I am going to be able to do so many more things that I did not realize. Also a lot of helpful articles on their website.

Cons
Not really anything. If I had to pick something, when uploading a template to WebMerge - if you do get an error message at times it might be cryptic and hard to decipher but your error is usually easy to pick out of the message.

Matthew Stafford

Streamline workflows and

Reviewed 2018-08-09

Pros
WebMerge is an extremely valuable tool our business has been using for almost 2 years now. Prior to utilizing WebMerge we had numerous individuals manually creating invoices as both Excel and PDF documents. Once the documents were created the individuals had to manually place them in folders in DropBox, on a server and/or e-mail them to clients. The process was tedious and time consuming to say the least. With WebMerge these processes are now completely automated! This has increased efficiency, cut costs, and allowed individuals to focus on more important parts of the business. The time and money that it has saved us is tremendous. Additionally, the customer support has truly been amazing. In the rare instance we encountered a technical issue/had a question/requested custom service the typical response time to a support ticket was less than 2 hours (around an 45 minutes to 1 hour in most cases). After the initial reply the support team typically responded to follow-ups within a few minutes. They worked with us and had a solution/answer for everything. The customer service is truly is professional and top-notch. Overall, WebMerge is an amazing tool that has automated many aspects of our business and we keep finding more ways to integrate it into our growing business needs and expanding brands. I looked at other programs before eventually deciding to go with WebMerge and while there are similar platforms, none of them quite matched what WebMerge can do and continues to do in order to help our business succeed.

Cons
I personally don't have any negative remarks about WebMerge at this time. However, I can say that when I have recommended it to others that the price is usually the one thing that they look at as too expensive. Depending on your business needs I guess I can see that, but the reality is that you are going to be saving way more in labor costs while increasing efficiency and decreasing errors caused by human entry. With that said, the one thing I would note here from my conversations when recommending this to others is that they wish there were more tiered pricing options. Some stated they wanted to use it but wished there were more tiers so that they wouldn't have to jump up to a higher priced tier and pay for more document merges then they would be using every month.

Aaron Wesson

A great way to merge several documents into one easy to handle PDF!

Reviewed 2016-10-14

Webmerge is a great service. It allows you to take lots of data from one entity, send it to WebMerge and in using rules allows you to build a package of files to be used by other means. The interface is a little confusing at first, but hints and such that pop up while you are working through the process helps. I love that it allows me to add CC individuals to the packages so that they can watch its progress. As for customer service, My rep and his team are very knowledgeable and assist very quickly! They even provide custom services, which we have utilized several times. When dealing with them, you don't feel like a customer you feel like family. Overall, this is a great program for a great price with amazing customer service to boot!

Pros
Customer Service Custom Services Ease of use (once you learn the layout) The possibilities of use are huge Connections to several other providers that make the merge even more powerful

Cons
At first, the interface is difficult to understand. Finding where to add CC emails and such was a chore at first but the hints help you.

Darius Grimes

Custom reporting and automation

Reviewed 2016-11-22

Before we found WebMerge we were manually building reports with MS Word and Excel using csv files. After WebMerge, we were able to automate everything saving thousands of man hours a year and accelerating the time from inspection to delivery of our reports. If you need a robust report creation and delivery tool WebMerge may be what you have been looking for.

Pros
Works with any application that has a JSON feed or WebHook. Simple to use editor or you can use pdf, word, or excel templates and deliver everything as an editable or PDFa file. By being able to custom design and brand our deliverable we are competing at a level not easily achieved by other companies in our industry. Support for the product has always been fast and very helpful.

Cons
Hard to think of any but I'm sure for some folks there will be some wish list items. Which is good because they listen to feedback and make improvements on a regular basis.

Game Changer for our Research

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Pros
My team manages research with over 400 international freelancers. Paying these researchers with our previous system involved having a member on the team manual input their bank information onto PDF honorariums and duplicated this information on our company letterhead to be processed by our finance teams. This was incredibly tedious, time-consuming, and led to considerable amounts of human error. WebMerge changed everything for us. Using a system of Zapier, TypeForm, and finally WebMerge was the key. We were able to have our researchers seamlessly submit their information to us, with which Webmerge would automatically populate into our forms and send back to us in easy-to-organize e-mails for our records. The results were amazing. Streamlining everything was just the first pay-off. The organization was incredible for retrieving documents. On top of that, we were able to reduce our team member's workload so significantly, that she was able to focus her time on other more rewarding tasks, which was significant shift for her professional (and mental) well-being. Translate a few hundred USD to hours of labor saved, and the outcome is completely advantageous for our business. Thanks, WebMerge!

Cons
I love WebMerge. The only thing that I would recommend would be to expand the portfolio of merging capabilities. We have a current need to convert form text into Powerpoint Slides which is unavailable since the last time I checked.

Jason Plaza

WebMerge creates clean professional reports. Tech support is great!

Reviewed 2017-11-10

Clean professional looking reports that can be automatically distributed with ease.

Pros
I few years ago our department began using Formstack for yearly performance evaluations. We wanted an on-line solution that was easy to use and produced professional documents. Formstack was easy to use, but the end product was not what we hoped for. I found WebMerge integrated with Formstack very nicely and the software produced an end product that was professional looking and easy to read. We were able to import our logo and arrange the document that worked best for our needs. WebMerge also gave us the capability of forwarding these reports automatically to command staff. We now use WebMerge for Training Requests and to reports incidents, injuries or damage that occurs at our facilities.

Cons
The first templates I created was a little confusing for me as I had no experience with "formulas" or creating templates for importing data fields. Tech support was great and helped me every step of the way.

David Martin

Stop using paper and manual processes!

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Pros
Before we found WebMerge, we had a major problem getting new hire paperwork back from employees because most of our work force doesn't own a computer....they just have phones. As a result, they were having to go to the library, for example, and then print documents, sign, scan and return them to us. Now they can complete all of their tax withholding forms, direct deposit, and other new hire forms right on their phones and e-sign them in seconds. After solving that big problem, we went even further and started capturing each field of data that applicants provide us provide us throughout the application and selection process, in order to pre-fill most of the fields on these forms. As a result, once they've given us a piece of information such as their name, they never need to provide it again...we just re-use it for them automatically. Our HR/Operations team has a lot more time to do other things, and our new hires get a personal experience of what we've told them we're all about through their interview process which is MAKING LIFE EASIER for our customers. It's important to say that we're a small, but rapidly growing business, without an IT department at this point. Without the fantastic support from WebMerge it wouldn't matter how great a tool it is because we couldn't even take advantage of its incredible capabilities. But the help articles are great, and on the few occasions when I couldn't figure something out, representative responded within a few hours with a clear answer that solved our challenge.

Cons
I would suggest that most of the written help articles be replaced with videos showing how to do things on screen. Loom is a great tool for this, for example.

Nick Truch

Saves me a lot of time and enables me to mass customise brochures and leaflets ... a marketer's dream tool!

Reviewed 2017-04-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Web Merge is a key tool to running my business and in achieving what we were drilled to do at University (marketing degree) which is mass customization. Awesome!!

Pros
The customer support is some of the best support I've experienced amongst the online services and applications I use to run my business. The dashboard is very easy to manage and know what is going on. For the bits that are a bit too technical customer support has really helped me out. With a combination of an online database, I am using Web Merge to personalise customer documentation and marketing collateral.

Cons
I am a business of 1 person so am on the lowest level. The cost of more credits is moving into middle sized business but I'm just about ok on the lowest level. Only run out of credits a couple of times.

Chris Lusk

I simply cannot overstate how much WebMerge has helped change our business!

Reviewed 2017-03-28
Review Source: Software Advice

When I first found WebMerge, I had an idea for something we were trying to accomplish, but I wasn't sure exactly how to get it done. With so many integrations out there and so many ways to get it done, I was struggling deciding which route would be the best for our business. Which options would be the fastest, the most affordable, and the most reliable. I signed up for the free WebMerge (like I did with about 15 other services that claimed to offer seamless and effortless merging solutions) and ran a few tests. It wasn't until I received an email from their tech support the next day asking if they could help....turns out it was the CEO who was asking. So I decided to put my troubles into his hands and said, "Sure thing buddy, you want to know how you can help? Solve this for me!" And to my surprise, he did. He didn't just point me to a help page. He took the time to understand EXACTLY what we were trying to accomplish and walked us through a few setups. After getting into the admin area and seeing what they offer firsthand, my solution appeared...it just clicked! The numbers for us are real! We now have a seamless template integration solution that has allowed us to reduce costs, increase our margins by 28%, and reduce delivery times to clients by 75%. We spend 3 less hours per day moving, converting, and sending files. That's an annual savings of $15,000 so yeah, we are seeing a great return with WebMerge!

Pros
- Unlimited functionality - World-class customer service - Flexibility - Ease of use - Direct integrations with Wordpress & Gravity Forms (among a thousand others) - The number of 3rd party integrations .....seriously, pick a category and Webmerge gets 5 stars.

Cons
Not a single con.

Great service

Reviewed 2018-03-24

Pros
We merge our form data into finalized documents using Webmerge. It give us the ability to personalize our documents instantly. Recently had a glitch in the account. One of the customer rep was able to resolve it very quickly so as not to interfere with ongoing business. Highly recommend.

Cons
I cannot think of any issues. If I were pressed for constructive criticism I would recommend the system have the ability to analyze for duplication or inefficiencies in merges. Since the account plans are based on the number of merges, having the ability to pick up if a simpler document flow was possible would help by keeping the merge count down. I only bring this up because I made this mistake.

Andrea Edgar

An incredible and dynamic tool for document creation!

Reviewed 2017-10-17
Review Source: Software Advice

WebMerge was the answer to our prayers in going paperless with a workflow. It's integration with Formstack is wonderful. There are no other comparable alternatives to what WebMerge does, in my opinion. We needed to pass a Formstack submission and compile it into a PDF to have it automatically delivered to a distribution list and we have been able to do everything we've needed. I have yet to have a question that WebMerge cannot answer or have a solution to. The existing documentation covers just about everything. The quick and attentive customer support is a true selling point as well. We are looking forward to continual migration from paper to paperless and WebMerge has made that possible!

Pros
Amazing support, Formstack integration, streamlined and concise, very customizable, awesome features, nice documentation, conditional logic and smarty template syntax was easy to learn

Cons
After the initial learning curve with some things, it's been smooth sailing. The entire time, support was just an email away and the lightning quick response times meant I didn't have to wait a day or several to hear back from WebMerge, unlike other companies out there.

Reggie Rivers

Our tiny business just took a leap forward in professionalism!

Reviewed 2019-03-14

We have a small business with three full-time employees, and we serve about 200 business customers per year. We rely heavily on automation to manage all of this between the three of us. Until recently, we had four employees, and we discovered Webmerge when our fourth employee announced that she was leaving to take another job. We wondered, "Who is going to create our contracts and invoices and other documents that we send to our clients?" We could try to hire another person OR we could try to automate all of those tasks. We decided to automate. We started investigating our options, discovered Webmerge, integrated it into our automated processes and BAM! our problem was solved. Not only were we able to automate everything the departed employee had been doing, we did so in a way that was faster, cheaper and more professional than ever before. Our clients noticed. To them it feels as if we have a team of 20 people. How else could we produce all of the professional looking documents so quickly. Our team noticed, too. My employees felt relief that this solution had been created, and the many contractors we represent noticed an improvement in the prep-docs they get for their events. Webmerge is an AMAZING tool, and it has completely transformed our business.

Pros
It's very easy to use. We use a lot of automation and via Zapier and Docusign, we were able to easily integrate Webmerge into our existing automation. It's super easy to create templates and update templates.

Cons
We haven't bumped into any cons with the software. Everything has worked perfectly for us.

Andrew Hall

Great Product

Reviewed 2017-03-14
Review Source: Software Advice

We have Webmerge running in concert with Formstack for a client with an elaborate online webform for its customers. The Formstack webform collects the information from the customer, and then it communicates through API's with Webmerge to produce a beautiful, branded password protected PDF. This process would normally have consumed a lot of time in administrative work for the client. When a cost benefit analysis is performed, Webmerge is certainly providing tremendous value to the client and improving the customer experience overall at the same time.

Pros
Branded output of data submitted

Cons
Price plans make it difficult when volume fluctuates. Recommendation to Webmerge would be to offer additional price plans, or incremental costs in the event that some months additional "merges" are required.

Ben Ray

Powerful Easy to use Software and Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed 2017-02-15

I found Webmerge about 4 years ago while searching for a tool to perform document generation for our clients. I have found the tool to be the best in the business. This tool can take data from many sources and merge it into a custom document and is very scalable to support a couple documents to millions. When I have come across a challenge I have reached out to their help desk and they have resolved my issue and gave me a recommendation very quickly. The Software is awesome while the customer support allows for much confidence when building in the tool.

Pros
-Support Various Document Types (Excel, PPT, Word, PDF, Build your own) -Stellar Customer Support -Integration with Zapier -Works with JSON and Modern Web data formats -Connections to Deliver Document to Cloud Hosting, FTP and many other locations

Cons
-Have more help desk content/examples.

Anonymous

An essential part of any business that I work with

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Pros
We have been using Webmerge for a number of years now. I run an automation consultancy and Webmerge is our document generation platform of choice. It's pretty much the first system we recommend after a CRM. Once set up it just works... fantastic.

Cons
We use the system in a very specific way, and the only thing that we miss out on is the ability to track contract signing directly within Webmerge. However, that's a separate function and I dont really expect it to be in the system... and the fact that we can pass directly to signnow from within Webmerge makes the process super simple anyway.

Ron Harrison

Tools for full control and security.

Reviewed 2019-02-14
Review Source: Software Advice

The Main Issue that we all deal with: Format friendly documents! As developers we plan to output our data to a plethora of end user devices. In contrast, there are certain documents that, due to their importance, need to retain some sense of finality. The downside to format flexibility is the potential unwanted 'dynamic' manipulation of our data. Using Webmerge to 'Print/Archive' a document is an extremely effective way to log specific moments in the process of a documents life cycle. Our Knack database utilizes a simple (Webmerge) click to capture Invoice data from the existing view and... #1 Merges the Invoice header data and the List of Items billed to our custom Invoice PDF form that I created in Webmerge (Webmerge support helped me create a static 'Report Footer' within hours) #2 The PDF is instantly delivered back to our Knack Invoice as a File Attachment. #3 An optional email is sent wherever we choose with the document attached. #4 Mistakes or revisions to a document in our office process can quickly be resolved with a comparison to our Webmerged data.

Pros
#1 Immense control over the data being merged via the built-in formatting, conditionals, etc. #2 Speed of the merge, #3 Enthusiastic and prompt support

Cons
The Webmerge Document Builder isn't easy to learn but the startup curve is offset by it's resulting simplicity and power. I could have used Word to be easier but sticking with the Doc Builder gave me more direct control over the Merging Capabilities.

Brett Bernstein

Great tool

Reviewed 2019-05-27

Very positive and helpful in automating document generation and delivery in our custom office workflow.

Pros
It is easy to use for what it accomplishes, is very customizable, and can be integrated well into many different types of workflows. Tech support has always been very responsive and helpful in solving any problems that come up (not like some other places where you feel the tech support is trying to close your ticket).

Cons
I managed to get by using a free account for a while as the cost seemed a bit high per document when I could just remove the watermark that came with the free documents.

Meg Goudy

Transitioning one of our daily business processes to Webmerge reduced our workload by 8 hours a month.

Reviewed 2018-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Using Webmerge has evolved our document management capabilities and we appreciate the seamless integration with Zapier and Salesforce.

Pros
It is automated and easy to use once you determine your objectives and create your documents. We save so much time using Webmerge! It has transformed our donor thank you letter creation process from one riddled with Excel spreadsheets, word documents, mail merging, data uploading, and printing nightmares into now, just pushing a button. It even knows which tray to send the documents to for printing, which is a lifesaver, as we utilize 3 different letterheads and two different paper sizes.

Cons
No cons with Webmerge, however, it did take some reworking of our Salesforce workflows to get the system going.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Rob Schild

Great App and Friendly Support

Reviewed 2017-01-08

I've been using Webmerge with Formstack for many years and can say without reservation, Webmerge connectivity has improved workflow 100%. Once asked how I have the 'bandwidth' to provide the service I do for my clients, my answer was, 'I automate'. Webmerge is critical to this process.

Pros
Ease of Use and Friendly Support Not that will need a lot of support, but when you do, you'll get a person who actually cares that you receive 100% of what this product has to offer. Great Job!

Cons
If there were, I would be searching. I'm not searching.

Aidan O'Shea

Saves our charity a fortune in postage and administration time

Reviewed 2018-02-28

We have been with Webmerge since they started and most of the cons have been developed out of the system now. Charting used to be an issue but this has now been integrated into the merge system with their usual attention to detail. A non-profit discount would be very nice but that's not really a con.

Pros
Webmerge has been a huge benefit to our charity as previously we were trying to mailmerge 100s of supporter letters and send out donation receipts manually. Webmerge saves us 80% of the time we used to spend on basic administraton. Best of allwebmerge integrates with Zapier which integrates with our MySQL system to fully automate our donation receipts and fundraiser registration processes. Customer service is excellent with response times in hours normally.

Marta Brandt

Outstanding solution for merging data into your documents

Reviewed 2016-12-26

I have been looking for a way to get the data from the gravity forms and merge it to the excel docs, based on the conditional rules; then convert it to PDF and email customer a copy combined with other documents that I have stored in another location, all in one request. Well, I found it - WebMerge. I love how it combines flexibility allowing for rather complex design but with very logical and user friendly interface. In addition to that - support for this product is just incredible. I so appreciated that I quickly got help when I really needed it. Sincerely and strongly recommend!

Pros
It's capabilities, it met all the needs in one software, from merging, to combining with other documents, to even placing a delay on delivery. I only have two months of web designing experience and I was able to configure and accomplish my goal. Not that it's very easy to use but it's logical, and it's the matter of following the rules. I really appreciate the outstanding support of this product.

Cons
It takes time to test it and to get your document to look right after PDF conversion from Excel. It's not so much as a problem but expect it to be a time consuming process of setting it up right.

Anonymous

Amazing tool, great customer service.

Reviewed 2017-08-01

Pros
I use WebMerge as part of an automated workflow with Airtable, Dropbox, and Zapier to create print-friendly Word .docs and PDFs. Once the merge template has been configured correctly, I create some of our most important documents (ones which took hours of staff time before): detailed travel manifests for presenters at our literary conference, including flight itineraries, hotel reservations, and assignments; personalized donor solicitation requests; and donor contribution receipts -- all at the "push of a button" or even without pushing a button (some documents are configured to generate automatically on a certain date).

Cons
Configuring the merges for the first time was tricky and I felt the support documentation could be more detailed and descriptive. That said, the customer support was always quick to answer questions and provide solutions.

Sohil Patel, MBA, CSPO

Great tool for seamlessly populating documents with online data

Reviewed 2017-12-01

Pros
This platform is very easy to use once you have set it up. We are always looking to push the boundaries of what we can offer our customers in the way of positive online experiences and WebMerge is always there with us to help support these initiatives. We have tens of thousands of visitors complete over 60,000 interactive web forms on our site every month, and we can rely on WebMerge to ensure our processes will successfully read this data, apply the appropriate logic, and accurately fill out the correct documents for these visitors.

Cons
More visibility into when changes are going to be made with the system would let us better anticipate when or if anything may be impacted on our end.

david nelson

Makes creating a professional looking form such as invoices so much easier to do saving hours.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Saves so much time.

Pros
A great time saver creating custom built forms such as invoices, contracts a database or from a spreadsheet. Webmerge has saved my company many hours of work. The support and response is excellent. It is extremely good value for money.

Cons
Currently not able to automatically create multiple line invoices using Zapier. I still have to download a spreadsheet and manually upload to Webmerge. It will only work automatically if there is 1 line on data or say a contract where it just picks up the data items. It still requires development with Zapier to accept multiple lines. I can only use 1 login for everything which means I can not allocate certain merges to logins

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Kyle Simmons

Flexible, Powerful and Intuitive

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-09
Review Source: Software Advice

We have a complex workflow set up without using any code. This wouldn’t be possible without WebMerge. First, our customers fill out a pretty comprehensive typeform (maybe 80 questions?). After submitting, we use zapier to send that data to Google sheets, Google Drive, WebMerge (to create three separate documents) and then HelloSign (via WebMerge). This all happens behind the scenes without any of our involvement. What used to take us at least an hour, now happens instantaneously without any human intervention... and this definitely wouldn't be possible without WebMerge.

Pros
I can’t imagine accomplishing what we have without webmerge. Without any code we’ve created a workflow that produces multiple PDFs and word documents automatically. It plays well with zapier (and other apps) — so we’ve been able to apply some really helpful logic and conditions to our document creation. WebMerge even allows for formatting and logical operations on the merge data — which was a real time saver for us.

Cons
There is a slight learning curve to using the software. The UX can be a little confusing at times, but once you understand the system it all makes sense.