Workmates Reviews

4.68/5 (60 reviews)
Pros
  • The ability to customize pages and create dynamic forms for simple onboarding.
  • Very easy to use Great UI\UX interface Performance is excellent Product allows for customization
  • Great product, user friendly, easy to use, excellent customer support and implementation process
  • I love how easy it is to fill out necessary on-boarding documents for both the employees and myself.
Cons
  • Nothing really - it is super easy to use
  • Would be great to have the ability to 'white label' the product
  • 1. missing is a good vizualisation/charts feature of the HRCloud data
  • I wish the self-service capabilities were a little more accessible and easier to use.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Marissa Chellis

Incredible Customer Service!

Reviewed 2019-02-28

Overall, the software has been an excellent addition and a huge improvement to our organization's onboarding process. Rep has gone above and beyond his job description in every way and truly made our HR Cloud experience as seamless as possible. He is paitent, quick to respond, and overall a joy to work with. I look forward to our meetings and hang up each call with a smile on my face - even if I originally had questions or glitches with the software itself.

Pros
The software itself has centralized our Onboarding process and - fortunately - moved us to a completely paperless process! However, in my opinion, the customer service we have received from our assigned Account Manager has been beyond excellent and truly made our HR Cloud transition pleasurable.

Cons
Initially, the software was a little challenging to learn without a user manual or help center - however, I look forward to utilizing the new Help Center and FAQ section now!

Jake Cremean

Good for any size organization!

Reviewed 2019-03-09

Pros
Very efficient, and also easy to use. Easy to get started, and the free trial is a good idea if you're on the fence about it. HR Cloud is a time-saver, and can help you spend more time on other, more important tasks. Customization is great, and it's not hard to do. Love the way you can build out your workflow. Support is great, which is a pleasure after we gave up on our previous platform for the terrible service during our trial period. Nice breath of fresh air.

Cons
Some certain, more advanced features might take a minute to figure out and be proficient at, but that's usually the cost of having such robust features at your fingerprints. There are some things on the roadmap that i would like to be hurried along by their dev team :) ha, but they do fine w/ rolling out features.

Jessica Aquino

Great implementation representative!

Reviewed 2019-02-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Can't wait to see what HR Cloud updates have to offer in the future!

Pros
I like the way the system has many options to fit your industry style and nature of a unique build that fits all teams. Our implementation guy was really helpful with testing and ideas to fit our goals and ever-changing request. :-)

Cons
There are times that we may experience a time zone difference but all is well in arranging time and days that fit our schedules.

Jeremy Brown

Great product - more that meets the eye

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Excellent software, excellent customer service, lots of flexibility. Very helpful and friendly product team

Pros

Cons
Would be great to have the ability to 'white label' the product

Bryan Walley

Automates complex processes with full audit tracking

Reviewed 2018-01-08

Full audit tracking; modern UI and experience; automation of multiple group workflows; calendar integration with Office 365; robust reporting and dashboards

Pros
The onboarding process involves many groups, has strict legal compliance requirements, and is one of the first ways a new employee experiences the company. HR Cloud allows us to automate these complex processes with full audit tracking and reporting, all while giving our new team members a modern, convenient experience.

Cons
There is no perfect system (if there was, we would all buy it), so you have to invest in defining and maintaining your onboarding processes up front in order for team members to have a good experience. But that is more a function of the business process, not the software.

David Hertz

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Overall, I'm very happy. I went from a manual, paper-intensive HR process to 100% digital because of HR Cloud.

Pros
Excellent implementation and post-sale customer service. My Implementation Consultant - Grga - is easily reachable and able to quickly implement whatever I need.

Aly O'Connor

Easy to use, fun animations, superior customer service!!!

Reviewed 2017-11-15

Pros
This product does exactly what we needed it to do; engage our team with light, fun announcements. Many of the products we were looking for were just too heavy for what we needed or just too social. Workmates offers a super clean interface. Our team was able to activate their account in one click and there was no training required. It's mobile app is an awesome resource when the team is out of the office or on the go. Simple, fun, easy to use!

Cons
We signed on while Workmates was still in development and working out the links. The customer service team was quick to respond to our feedback and had their development team resolve our problem in days.

Anna Mrdeza

Convenient, accessable, support.

Reviewed 2017-11-07

HR Cloud has been a great resource for our Company. With our business operating out of many different locations and senior leadership often working remotely it has been great to have a system that can be accessed from any where and is easy for our employees to navigate. I love knowing where to find all the on-boarding documents, having the ease of checking time off requests before I run payroll, and using the note function to make any performance notes I need from anywhere. The staff support has also been amazing, responsive, and quick.

Pros

Cons
There are some bugs that you find as you go, but I will say that as I find them and tell the HR Cloud team, they quickly work to address them.

Chad Riddersen

If only I implemented HR Cloud sooner....

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-01-18

- Improved the first impression we convey to new applicants / hires - Added structure / process to our employee onboarding - Improved compliance with employment regulations

Pros
I love the work-flow automation (which saves me time) and the fact that everything is compliant (which I assume will save me headache down the road). As an owner of an agency that is scaling headcount, I really value the out-of-the-box work-flow that HR Cloud enables. For example, onboarding a new employee went from a flimsy Google Doc checklist (that was never up to date and looked pretty unprofessional in retrospect), to a polished looking new hire dashboard that updates automatically to ensure my onboarding process is fully compliant with all the stuff.(e.g. i9 / eVerify). I also use HR Cloud's "People" app to keep my org chart updated in real-time (which I love) and share team reporting structure and bio info with new hires so they get to know everyone (which helps make the onboarding process much more fluid and friendly which is really important as we have a distributed team).

Cons
When I first started using HR Cloud they didn't have all the integrations that they have today. One example of an integration I wish they had sooner was for an applicant tracking system. I'm eagerly awaiting the launch of their own ATS so I can consolidate my HR tools into one platform.

Caroline Winter

Platform Set-Up Assistance - AMAZING!!

Reviewed 2019-05-08

Pros
I recently purchased HR Cloud and rep was assigned to help me set up our account. At first I was skeptical about the situation and new platform but rep WAS AMAZING! She understood my time frame and worked with me to "launch" our account right when our employees started. I work in the customer service business as well and I can not say enough about Maja - she is polite, always understood exactly what I wanted, she is patient, always accessible and thorough. She is an amazing ambassador for HR Cloud!!! I will recommend HR Cloud to everyone.

Cons
Nothing really - it is super easy to use

Nicoletta Pappas

Great Product - On-boarding Game Changer

Reviewed 2019-05-13

HR Cloud has been extremely useful to our company. We use it for our on-boarding process and have also used it for it's social capabilities in order to connect our multiple offices. HR Cloud is still a relatively new software and they still have a lot of progress to make, but I think this is a great software and it has a lot of potential! The HR Cloud staff is great, and they are constantly taking our requests and changes into account. Very happy to be using HR Cloud.

Pros
Social aspect (workmates) On-boarding and ability to add specific tasks Easy navigation Task feature, very useful!

Cons
You're unable to delete things on your own. I think this is something they should change.

Shirley Dollente

Implementation process made a difference with HR Cloud software!

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Extremely pleased with my experience. I needed to onboard almost 100 users and HR Cloud was able to get us set up quickly. The implementation process and support from beginning to end was excellent. Our implementation specialist got me set up in no time. I didn't have a hard time explaining our requirements and process. He is very responsive and offered solutions that streamlined our processes. I couldn't be happier.

Pros

Cons
None at the moment although I can only look forward to whatever enhancements are put in place.

Anonymous

Couldn't have asked for a better onboarding solution!

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Pros
HR Cloud is super easy to use on the both the admin and user side. We use Onboard for all of our new hires, making it easy to get paperwork completed, share more information about our company, detail first day expectations, etc. I love that we are able to brand and customize the look. The team at HR Cloud is nothing but helpful and makes onboarding headache free!

Cons
The ADP integration had a few bugs at first, but nothing the HR Cloud team couldn't fix once I made them aware. The response I received was immediate. No complaints!

Carrie Dircks

Quick and Convenient

Reviewed 2017-12-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
My favorite feature of HR Cloud is simply the ease of onboarding. I don't have to wonder how our new hires are doing with their paperwork; I can log in and see their progress for myself. Not having actual papers to potentially lose is another huge plus!

Cons
The only con that I have experienced is that the initial welcome email that is generated by HR Cloud is oftentimes directed to my new employee's junk mail. I combat this by proactively letting them know to check their junk mail for the onboarding welcome email.

Christopher Fletcher

We have used Onboard to easily guide multiple new hires through the initial hiring process.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-12-12

Ability to easily on-board new hires and guide them through the process efficiently.

Pros
We first and foremost like that Onboard keeps us in line from a compliance standpoint, which is extremely important. This program has helped dramatically working with new hires to e-sign documents, creating fillable PDF's and even automating some of those tasks. We have found that Onboard greatly reduces the time that it used to take to get a new hire up to speed.

Cons
It hasn't happened very often, but there have been instances where emails that are generated through the system end up in a new hire's junk folder in their email.

Ken Idicula

Helps keep track of tasks

Reviewed 2017-12-29

Pros
Clean interface that allows users to navigate between tasks and portals. Portals are neat and clean.

Cons
Difficult to put in forms and tasks. Forms sometimes messes up. Tasks do not integrate with other platforms. Some of the mandatory fields are not needed.

Elizabeth (Liz) Gruen

Enjoy using this product and great customer service!

Reviewed 2017-12-29

Pros
Easy to use and excellent customer service. Easy to enter employee information, along with documentation and notes. Easy to explain to the employee how to use it when they receive their information to complete.

Cons
I have trouble with finding how to easily correct a task that I may have done wrong, however; with great customer service, you have been able to help me each time.

Rachele Perez

Simple HR Platform

Reviewed 2019-03-01

Pros
The ability to customize pages and create dynamic forms for simple onboarding.

Cons
Not able to organize documents and some of the terms used in the programming could be miscategorized. For example : uploading a document and selecting "everyone" as the view would be the employee and other managers only but it reads as everyone within our company could view the document.

Laura Crick

BEST HR ONBOARDING TOOL!

Reviewed 2018-11-29

My experience with HR Cloud has been phenomenal. Their support team is fast to respond, the tool is easy to navigate and it has really streamlined on boarding for our company.

Pros
The implementation process was a breeze. I had one hour long phone call and voila I had a new fancy on boarding tool!

Cons
There a quite a few clicks when you need to download a document (this isn't a huge deal though).

Kathleen Kemmer

Highly customizable

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-11-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Gold plated service...On time, on our schedule, and productive discussions with the HRCloud Team.

Pros
Once I learned how to create forms, tasks, and use permissions, I found this software uniquely adaptable to our unique needs. The capabilities of the system is far broader than at first glance. Most software for HR has too many limitations governing its ability to be uniquely customizable. When it comes to users of the system, it is so highly intuitive, and easy to use that employees readily respond.

Cons
It takes a bit of practice and testing when learning how to develop forms and tasks. The system has far more capabilities than I had initially expected. It is worth the time to delve into the system to fully utilize its capabilities.

Tobias Lubig

9/10 application; 15/10 support team

Reviewed 2018-12-03

Very good application for our needs as a small/mid-size company. A great application to manage and keep track of personnell and consultants.

Pros
1. most amazing customer support 2. well structured, easy to navigate 3. fast introduction and learning experience when first being introduced to HRCloud

Cons
1. missing is a good vizualisation/charts feature of the HRCloud data

Alex Bottom

It's the internal social network that companies need now.

Reviewed 2017-06-08

Gets everyone at my company on the same page and helps me see what is going on at all of our other offices.

Pros
You can recognize your coworkers with kudos and the company directory is very useful to find information faster than looking it up elsewhere. Plus it's free!

Cons
There is more functionality on the web version than the mobile but the mobile is really easy to use.

Doug Mrdeza

Quick, supportive, accessible from anywhere.

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Easily can use the software from anywhere, great customer service, more organized HR because we don't have to worry about storing documents. Ability to on-board quicker because of e-signing forms.

Pros
We have been able to take advantage of the partnership between engagedly and HR Cloud, HR cloud and engagedly made this integration seamless, our employees can get right to their goals without having to log into engagedly from the HR Cloud system. I also love that customer support we get-every question we send is solved usually within 24 hours.

Cons
Time off-I wish I could look specifically at one employee instead of the entire list- but I can sort the list alphabetically.

Austin Green

Very Useful

Reviewed 2018-11-27

Pros
Customer support is great and very helpful/responsive. There is a lot of upside to this product, integration is key.

Cons
Integration is a large part of our process and there are still some one offs we run into and the integration system is still being expanded upon.

Anonymous

Easy to use, great for our needs.

Reviewed 2018-01-02

Pros
Search-ability is great when sifting through many people. It's easy to sign people up and our users have had few problems.

Cons
There are too many things to open to get to a document that has been uploaded. It is a lot of clicking to get to one thing.