Workplace from Meta Logo

Workplace from Meta

A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

Workplace from Meta Reviews - Page 2

1,120 reviews

Collaborating and communication is easy with this software

Pros

Facebook Workplace is used as a platform for internal communication inside an organization. It's really simple to use, and users can easily share screenshots and videos with others in a group or individually. It offers you a place to post your ideas and celebrate your accomplishments within your company's walls. You may pin a conversation message to the top of the group or make a notification for any particular communication.

Cons

Whenever you click over the different post choices, such as polls, it would be helpful to see a little summary about what you're doing with them or how they are used. The pages might appear a little cluttered from an aesthetic standpoint. Overall, i am still satisfied with this software.

My company used Facebook Workplace for a bit before we switched over to Slack + Basecamp.

Pros

The Workplace features and functionalities are what I like best because they're more unique than other programs. I've used Slack which I've seen vastly improve company communication (in terms of speediness + efficiency) and company culture (due to GIFs and groups)... I've used Basecamp which has incredibly improved project management + clarity. Workplace, though, is specifically good for onboarding...

Cons

I think because Workplace is a Facebook product companies are less likely to invest in it for company culture / communication due to Facebook's social media nature which doesn't scream 'productivity' to corporate higher-ups. Also, the data security issues happening right now al make companies trust Facebook less especially because Workplace is for business.

FB Workplace

Super easy & actually fun to use because I know this is something I can trust since they have been around for a long time.

Pros

I can create a separate manager account for business purposes like managing expenses and taxes. I'm able to have a bird's eye view of everything, since it's so organized and we'll put together. I appreciate that security is taken seriously as well. I enjoy being able to add other members without letting them have too much control (prevent hacking)

Cons

I would like to be able to create more admin/manager accounts. They give you a limit of two. Which you can't update or change, this is kind of a inconvenience.

Useful and fun to use.

Workplace makes my everyday job feels more like an easy-going stress free experience. I think every company should try it out; it is a great way to get to know the people you work with, interact with them, and team up efficiently.

Pros

This is not the first social network focused on a Company's Business, but Facebook being behind Workplace surely makes it one of the highest grossing Enterprise-Driven Networks right now. The Interface is friendly and as expected, quite similar to Facebook, for not saying identical. It has its obvious differences when it comes to certain features that are more adapted to a Professional environment....

Cons

Just like in Facebook, the main App and the Messenger are separate softwares. Sometimes you might get overloaded by notification's mails on your inbox. Depending on the company's size, some features might become confusing when working at a big Enterprise, such as having too many groups to choose from with similar goals/topics.

My organization is now a community courtesy Workplace.

Pros

Workplace chat - Workplace Chat has a simple and familiar interface like what's obtainable with Facebook messenger. It enable me communicate with my colleagues with ease ,while making use of stickers ,emoji and gifs to spice up my conversations with my work peers. It also enable me to create polls, exchange video clips or share gps location with my team members ,when I am outside the office environment. Groups...

Cons

I have sometime lost track of what I needed to do ,and expended precious time reading official posts and trending gossips on Workplace.

Workplace is EASILY the best software out currently to collaborate within your company.

Overall, amazing experience. I yearn for the day we bring back Workplace.

Pros

The fact that everyone uses facebook and is familiar with the interface, is almost reason alone to use it. We had some older employees who never even used facebook and it was so simple for them to pick up. I love that it brings everyone together and can really build morale with being able to congratulate team members in front of everyone, post pictures, company protocol changes, literally ANYTHING you need to get out to your team...Workplace makes it simple. I wish we hadn’t gone away from it. I still complain to this day our company decided to change software.

Cons

Can’t even honestly think of a single thing negative to say. It worked flawlessly.

Mixes the Social of Facebook and Collaboration of Modern Business Tools

Overall, I have really enjoyed Workplace as an office tool. The familiarity that Facebook provides for a collaboration tool is great. Furthermore, the ability to share and collaborate with co-workers is very easy. I have really enjoyed how easy it is to navigate to specific groups and projects in order to find documents that I need. Furthermore, the search feature is very effective for finding appropriate data fast. Overall, my experience with Workplace is great - and I look forward to seeing how the service evolves over the coming years.

Pros

My workplace is in the process of transitioning many employees over to Facebook Workplace. Personally, my favorite thing about the platform is the familiarity. The platform does a wonderful job of feeling just as familiar as the social media platform while also adapting to modern business needs. My company has attempted to integrate social productivity tools in the past and Workplace seems to have the largest adoption rate so far. Workplace is also a very collaborative tool. It leverages the user-friendly nature of the platform in order to make sharing and collaborating that much easier.

Cons

As a social tool, there is always the risk of falling trap to many of the trending stories. Furthermore, if one is subscribed to a lot of groups, notifications can become a bit difficult to follow for some users. Finally, I do wish that there was a way to link one's primary Facebook account to Workplace. It would help provide instant verification over job postings and could even tie-in with the linked-in type of service. While concerns over privacy may limit the interaction, it is a bit annoying to have two separate accounts for one service.

FREE VS PAID VERSION

Overall efficiency and productivity-wise​, comparing it with other platforms that we've used before, this one is my favorite so far.

Pros

The workplace is very easy to use and a variety of things you can do once you get the hang of it. You can make Group Chats with Group Page, or simple Group Chats without pages. It works very similar to​ Facebook, however, ​this one is more in a business approach where you can integrate apps and edit posts with​ the format you want. I personally prefer it compared to any other Platforms we've used before. customer service is responsive enough.

Cons

When you are using the free version a lot of things a restricted but that is just fair enough. However, in case your free trial ended and you have let go of some people prior before the trial ended, you can only remover their access or deactivate their accounts IF you are in a paid version. Another thing that I noticed is that you can only add people with the company email when you're using a free version otherwise you can use any email address when using the paid version.

Workplace Review

We have used Workplace for the past year and a half for all office communications. From having live town-hall meetings to polls, we use Workplace for everything. It has provided us with a wide audience, easier participation and better control over information communication. Use of Workplace chat is picking up and it is a great business tool to enhance collaboration, improve employee morale in addition to being easy to use for all employees.

Pros

For those that are used to Facebook (and that's most everybody) pivoting to Workplace for work purposes is a breeze. It takes a social media platform that everyone is used to and converts that to a work environment. This software has increased user participation and provides a great platform for company wide communication. The ability to set us individual pages for teams/groups or interests is really cool and has resulted in a wide variety of interest groups being formed, which is typically difficult to do outside of a social media platform, especially at work.

Cons

Though the software in itself does not have very many visible flaws, the amount of administrative effort required to filter and screen messages and groups in an organization as large as ours has taken more than we estimated.

Ideal for modern day communications in the covid era

My team have been able to stay in contact fully during all 3 lockdowns and this would have been difficult without workplace. Its not gone down once all year which is a huge achievement

Pros

Workplace has been amazing at helping my team, my peers and beyond at staying in touch, holding meetings and sharing best practice. The ability for do not disturb and short term muting is very useful too.

Cons

Can't send PDF's to each other on messenger. The Rooms feature is good but if I share my screen, I can't then very easily see everyone and my video stops.

Similar to other Meta software.

Workplace is awesome for video chat & conferences as well as for managing your businesses social media. We realized the benefits of daily video conferencing to touch base with each other, and in social media marketing, after using Workplace from Meta. This software does have cons and it doesn't have everything you may need for business use.

Pros

The layout is similar to other Meta software, so it's a familiar interface and easy to learn. The video chat & conferencing quality is great and it's so easy to set up. Your personal Meta accounts remain separate from your Workplace account, although you can manage your businesses pages or accounts through Workplace. I loved the important comments setting, and the metrics + updates. Use on multiple devices.

Cons

The similarities to other Meta products were on my pros list, although it's also a con in some ways. The AI has flaws and it's hard to contact customer support at all, let alone someone who is actually helpful. There isn't a lot of customization and what you do change isn't saved for future use. There are a LOT of notifications that can get in the way of what you're actually aiming to keep up with or check on. I would want to see more features for business in general.

Great way to connect with teams at all levels!

Overall, Workplace by Facebook is extremely easy to navigate, and paired with the mobile apps for both Workplace and Workplace Chat the communication portion is super helpful.

Pros

I love how much this truly mirrors the social experience of Facebook, but just for my team. It's visually appealing and very familiar in functionality, but work focused. There are groups for my region, my office, my team, people in my role across offices, and more! So no matter who I need to reach, I can do it easily with an archive of the posts from others.

Cons

Unlike Facebook, the "profile" section on Workplace is not as utilized. Maybe I'm not maximizing it, but posting things on my personal profile or timeline does not gain any traction. People aren't on workplace to follow one another or see what you're doing personally or with your business. It's all about work communication.

Workplace by Facebook is a powerful cloud system and it's free!

The main problem that we have with Workplace is mainly the Alumni issue. Since Alumni are now not able to login to Workplace, it requires us to migrate our Alumni group to another platform. The main benefit of Workplace is that it is a free platform that help connects employee together. Employees are not required to be trained to use Workplace as it is similar to Facebook. I don't believe that there are no products out there that is better than Workplace.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a free on-the-cloud system. At Agoda, we use Workplace to connect to each other for non-work-related stuff. Since Workplace is created by Facebook, every function and UX design for the system is the same thing as Facebook. Since everyone knows how to use Facebook, new joiners easily known how to use it without question. Workplace also supports integrations from other software through API such as Workday.

Cons

I really cannot complain about Workplace as it is a free on-the-cloud system. However, recently, Workplace doesn't allow the company Alumni to use the company Workplace anymore. This makes sense but it causes us to migrate from our Alumni group to another platform. Nevertheless, we will still use Workplace as our non-work-related channel. One other critical thing that I dislike about Workplace is the admin platform. The admin platform is kind of difficult to use. For example, when you want to search for an employee by email, it's kind of hard to do. I think Workplace should allow free search and be smart enough to decide what the user tries to search for.

Great Small Business Marketing Tool

It has been a great tool to start my business, build my brand and to acquire new customers. It solves the uncertainty of cold calling and door knocking to gain clients. Also people are more receptive to speaking with me on Facebook rather than door to door or cold calling.

Pros

I use this for my landscaping business. This is great for small businesses as it allows you to market and build relationships within your community. My target market uses Facebook almost primarily so I have a large base to work with. The instant messenger works very well to communicate with clients and potential clients.

Cons

I wish it had more of a CRM capability. I use work with Salesforce at my main job and would love to have some of the same capabilities with the Facebook application.

Collaboration and Interacting tool for the Team

It's like a regular facebook platform but the difference is you don't need to send and accepts friend request from the users. Workplace by facebook made it very simple for users since that almost everyone is using facebook in for more than a decade now. I had not used this platform for a long time but these are my inputs for what's in it. I know there will be a lot of updates from Workplace that I or we are excited to see.

Pros

This is a very helpful tool for your business, and best for collaborating tool that I have ever seen. It has the same feature of facebook, that made it easy for user to understand. It has been the tool that is easy to understand. It can host session, meetings and can create group discussion in one platform. It's like all in one platform.

Cons

This is just new to me but what i have notice about this is that it has no dashboard to use for admin control. The design is very empty, but for me it is just simple, but maybe it would be better if new design will make it more engaging to users.

It enables for more two-way communication than other platforms

As a result of improved teamwork and communication, our company's productivity increases.

Pros

As a result, our employees are more engaged. Facebook's Workplace supports diversity and employee input because it is built to focus on individuals rather than companies. It motivates our teams to collaborate. Unlike other collaborative tools, Workplace by Facebook improves over time. Combining group discussions and instant messaging does this. Separate Workplace Chat apps with video and audio calls are also available for download. The software improves communication because it allows me to communicate with everyone in the organization. It allows me to upload an unlimited amount of films and images.

Cons

Some features of the chat interface should be enhanced. Alternative instant messaging networks, such as Slack, are incompatible with it. A large amount of administrative and behind-the-scenes effort is required

Best solution to maintain great communication in the company

My experience with Workplace is excellent. A complete system, fully integrated between desktop and mobile application, Very complete in terms of organization charts, which makes it a lot easier when we need to find someone specific within the company. I recommend it for medium and large companies that want to encourage better communication internally.

Pros

I love that the workplace is able to integrate all the company's communication channels in a friendly and inviting interface. In addition to being easy to use, as it is exactly like Facebook, the quality of the service provided is excellent, and with several differentials, such as support for Groups and Video Call through Workchat.

Cons

If there is anything that could improve in the workplace, it is speed on workchat. When we send or receive a very large amount of data it is very slow, and this causes other areas of the system to be slow as well. Remembering that this only happens when I send and receive with a large volume of data.

Improves the communication workflow in my organization.

Pros

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc It has a short learning curve as it is very similar with Facebook social network ,and has an almost identical user interface and functionality. It integrates efficiently with some of our regularly used third party solutions at work like Azure ,Bluejeans and Okta.

Cons

I dislike that I am only able to access Facebook workplace via a VPN at work ,and also I see very little difference between Facebook social network and Facebook workplace and honestly , Facebook social will easily replace this program in any organization. So I wonder why we have to pay to use Facebook workplace premium ,when we can access most of the features for free on Facebook social.

Making a Global Company feel Local

Our company has multiple offices and locations globally, and with the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, suddenly there were over 100 "offices" as people set things up from their homes. Naturally, collaboration has looked different this past year, but Workplace by Facebook has been an awesome tool to stay connected in more day-to-day ways -- of course we have our virtual town hall meetings and team syncs, but with Workplace we have groups set up for sharing victories from different regions, pictures of our home office setups, and we can comment and discuss the really important topics like the best sports teams. Workplace has created that "water cooler/break room" vibe again on the team, which helps us to be more connected as a global company and to be able to collaborate better on all our projects.

Pros

The ability to share live videos and our own photos and content has created a huge community feeling within our global and largely isolated team members. I enjoy the ability to have groups for each region in our company so we can see what's going on in our America team vs Australia vs Europe etc.

Cons

I didn't like that it wasn't the most clear at first which group I was looking at, but I figured it out and it's a nonissue now.

Easy, Familiar, Fun Communications

We use Workplace extensively for communicating with employees and keeping the company calendar. Any meetings we have are shared live, and those who can't be there in person can watch and comment questions or comments that we can see and address in real time during the meeting. The video remains on the page after the meeting, so there's no excuse for not knowing what happened during a meeting. Most people are familiar with Facebook, so there isn't really a need for training. We all keep closer contact than we otherwise would because of questions asked on the feed and conversations often arise. It connects employees who might never have connected if it weren't for their interactions in Workplace.

Pros

Workplace allows us to communicate with employees, schedule events, post pictures and videos, educate them, host live videos, etc.

Cons

It doesn't have any task management features. I feel like task management functions could be added to make the functionality more complete. Since we're hosting meetings in there, having conversations, and keeping the company calendar, it makes sense that we should be able to assign tasks and keep track of projects there, too. But, that doesn't seem to be a part of it.

Just what we needed...

Pros

Everyone uses Facebook so getting my less computer savvy staff up and running was a breeze with WP.

Cons

At times we have bumped into the thread issue where content is out of sight and out of mind. Not their fault, it's a limitation in computer communication I suspect.

One of the best internal business communication platform

My overall experience with Workplace by Facebook is amazing. I am using it daily for internal communication with office guys and now it becomes part of my daily task, it is very much similer to facebook so no need for extra training.

Pros

I like everything about Workplace by Facebook. It is just similar to facebook, sometimes I feel that I am using facebook not Workplace by Facebook because of its user interface is similar to Facebook and this the best thing that I like about this tool. Apart from this, I like the way I can interact and publish all the important announcements to all the colleges at the same time just with a single click.

Cons

There is one thing that I like least about it and I would like to highlight too that this platform is a little bit expensive compared to others and because of this the small startups may not able to afford this but I must say that It is worth to spend on it.

Amazing way to find local jobs

I think it's great! It's a very intuitive way to find new employment.

Pros

Easy way to connect with potential employers, Easy to use and navigate through different postings. A great way to see what employers are hiring around your area

Cons

It tends to show jobs that are too far away to apply to.

It's like facebook, only on a professional level

We use it at our agency every day. Facebook's problems seem to be Workplace's problems: when many people post per day, it's hard too see all status updates. So you become stuck with 2 endless feeds of posts from people. Otherwise, it's better than Slack in my book, for what I use it for - infrequent status updates.

Pros

- Easy to get started: If you use/love Facebook, you'll use/love this. - Lots of privacy features: You can follow people, not use a picture, only join certain groups - feels more private than regular Facebook. - Feels snappier: I don't know if it's because we only use it for about 40 people, but the overall desktop experience feels faster than Facebook, which is a plus in my book.

Cons

- Endless feed of updates from colleagues, same as with regular facebook. - A lot of features from regular Facebook aren't present in Workplace - yet. - Groups can be addictive to join, but also hard to manage.

Great tool to keep a company up to date on activities

We've been able to inform our employees about major events and customer updates with Workplace. It is better than email in that case, because we can easily reach our internal audience better without inundating people with email.

Pros

I like that we can post activities about our customers, our company, and even ask questions of specific teams. I like the fact it is just like Facebook so everyone knows how to use it. I also like the instant message features to communicate some of our special teams.

Cons

I don't have many dislikes about the product. The main issue I have is ability for just about anyone to create groups in Workplace. It becomes just like Facebook where anyone can create a group. Sometimes people don't look close enough and there may be a group already there. It would be nice to give suggestions on existing groups that are similar in name or description before a group is created.