Workplace from Meta Logo

Workplace from Meta

A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

Workplace from Meta Reviews - Page 3

1,099 reviews

A place for Work

No complaints regarding its use. From the beginning it works for what was designed and purchased. Now, they have changed the way in which chat and notifications are presented, sincerely surprising me. I hope you can continue to improve and bring surprises.

Pros

I work remotely, in a company that hires 100% of its workers remotely. As an HR analyst, Workplace has been an ideal tool. Create work environments and the opportunity to interact with the intuitive simplicity offered by Facebook or any social network. It's great to be able to create groups, send files and maintain real-time communications

Cons

This is already something about personal tastes. I would like the color palette to be editable. Maybe not in a very broad spectrum, rather with predesigned options

Many options that can help you

I really like using this tool because I can strengthen my products and reach more customers.

Pros

It has a nice interface, you have many options to visualize the statistics and the results you want to achieve, It is easy to use and you have a lot of support from Facebook when you have doubts.

Cons

When you want to campaign, you can have problems by not having your market well segmented.

Workplace from Facbeook

I HAVE EXPERIENCE TO MAKE YOU CONFIDENT WITH YOUR COLLAGE AND MORE POWERFUL.

Pros

I would like this software the way you communicate and coordinate to the other persons to persons when you have the highly potentials of the objective of the environmental workplace to fix the problems in your team.

Cons

I feels emotionally when you have performs the features to fulfilled the coordination and elaboration of the performance in your communities of the workplace exactly.

Business-centric Social Network

Pros

It's nice that the interface closely mirrors that of Facebook. I think that makes it easier to navigate for the majority of users. It's also a convenient way for employees to solicit advice or materials from their coworkers. The chat feature can be a very productive way to communicate informally when the discussion requires more back-and-forth than a simple email.

Cons

I have two knocks on Workplace, and only one relates directly to the social network itself. 1. Like Facebook, you need a secondary app to use the chat feature on mobile. That feels a little unnecessary to me. 2. Some users have trouble gauging when a mass email might be more appropriate. I think Workplace is a great place to exchange best practices and tips...but it's not the ideal place to share essential, "can't miss it" information. In those cases, information needs to be disseminated directly to the involved parties via email, otherwise it could be lost in the shuffle.

Incredible chatting app for in house communication

Pros

Facebook develop an amazing app for business or office communication. We are using this for the inhouse chatting solution and so far we are happy with it. We got benefited from Workplace by Facebook.

Cons

Although its a productive app but there are still some limitations. Like replaying system is not quite smooth and there is no option to edit any massage. I could be more flexible.

Better than slack, but sometimes buggy

Still better than Slack, and it's super easy for everyone to pick up since it's familiar

Pros

- read receipts, it holds people accountable so they actually have to respond - free plan is good, gets you pretty far

Cons

- lack of integrations compared to competing products - sometimes things are buggy, like video calling not working

Stay connected in a time of need!

Workplace is an amazing environment to communicate and share information with each other in a time when everyone is working remotely. It is so nice to just put out a post to your team and get feedback immediately. We use workplace to communicate among other practice managers and share ideas across the country. If we didn't have workplace during covid I don't know how I would have figured out how to adapt to the new way of life. Workplace is awesome!

Pros

It's so easy to share information with colleagues or groups on Workplace. All the documents are stored in one place and easy to find. I love workplace chat as well and that you can talk with your team easily.

Cons

I do wish there was a way to follow a post if you want to go back to it later and see what someone put for an answer other than commenting on the post to follow.

Official Social App for work

All the useful features of the Facebook is now made useful and productive in the Office.

Pros

Facebook has been experimentally banned in our office (for productivity and security issues). It's a pity because we've gone accustomed to using it as a medium for instant communication and messaging. But, the features we loved and were using are now made available to us via Workplace. It's basically the very same Facebook app, but meant for work use, i.e., Your contacts are limited to your workmates....

Cons

Security? So far, no issues with this, but the history of Facebook (the social app) has had some flaws and hacks of recent years which can sometimes make you think, is my data safe here? For a paid service, and so far no major glitches, I believe all is fine.

Wonderful platform to keep you connected with your organizations activities

We use Workplace for notifying birthdays, work anniversaries, client appreciations and new wins. For any events taking place in the company, it is very easy to arrange a poll. I feel connected to my organization and it is easy to recognize, appreciate, ask queries to a large group of people. Overall, it is a wonderful software and is worth the value.

Pros

This is a wonderful product that allows you to keep a track of all the activities of your organization. As this follows the exact same pattern as Facebook, it doesn't require any training and is very easy to use. One can create common interest groups, share videos images, post questions and polls and various other stuff. It keeps the employees engaged and create a sense of belonging within the organization.

Cons

I don't think there is anything that one would not like about this software. One thing which can sometimes be annoying can be bulk notifications but there's always an option to configure your settings.

Very Useful

What we got here, is a software that not only useful in our business but also worth a try. The software allows us to monitor the quality of service we give to our clients. Thus making us more valuable not only to them but also to our line of business. Giving us opportunity to give feedback and at the same time review the points which we missed to focus on. Also allows us to communicate outside the workplace or office.

Pros

Use for our team collaboration. We are using this software as a fraud agent, we have the access to use this for verification of some accounts. Normally we use this for updates on what's going on with the team service level, specially outside office where we need to work at home very useful.

Cons

No Least for this, I Would rather suggest that, to those who haven't tried it, this is really a must try software.

Workplace from my workplace

My overall experience with Workplace has been extremely positive and I will continue to utilize the product daily.

Pros

Workplace enables me to work remotely while still being connected to the various departments within my workplace. The feature such as file sharing, the ability to create groups, and store different file items, has been pivotal in ensuring that the workday continues on-site or remotely, without a hitch. The ability to set a reminder for different conversations and tasks is a game-changer. No more forgetting! The ability to send myself messages has increased my productivity. My position hinges on in-the-moment conversations, where details can be easily lost; sending myself messages creates a to-do list and ensures nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

I spend a lot of time in the chat option, so some things that are posted to the main page can be easily missed. An alert that is a bit more identifiable would be beneficial. It is a minor con and doesn't impact the positive aspects of the product.

Facebook for employee-only information

I love it! It has been an awesome way to get to know my coworkers on a more personal level, especially with those I don't get to see on a frequent basis.

Pros

I love that this basically mimics the layout and features of Facebook, but without having to have employees use Facebook. Most of our employees joined and this is a more fun way to keep up with company happenings without having to sift through tons of emails. I also love that you can have different categories for posting so that if there are only certain people that need info, you don't have to send a message to the entire company.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the notification options. Basically you can either receive them or not, but you have to receive them through email. There wasn't an option to my knowledge to only accept notifications for important messages, so I get lots of notifications for things that aren't necessarily important.

Workplace by Facebook helping the business to stay connected and on track

Workplace by Facebook is used across the organization I work for. The main purpose of the inclusion of this software was a collaborative and always communicated team for better integrity and good business results. In our company, we achieved this with the easiest amazing software Workplace by Facebook.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is very much easy to use and user friendly having the availability in handsets and computer. I like the following features of this application - I. Instant and real time messaging II. Dedicated groups III. Updated and real time news feed IV. Screen and file sharing with the colleagues V. Audio and video calling features

Cons

Workplace by Facebook is an amazing software but it can improve in terms of prudent update in the news feed.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's nice!

Pros

I'm so used to the constant blaring of regular Facebook that a quiet, professional Facebook is very odd. My publishing house set up a Workplace for us to have a private area to post our beta reading items, discuss upcoming anthologies, and things of that nature. It's easy to use because it is basically a private Facebook, but there are still some features missing- which is honestly a good thing. It's built for business networks and geared towards work collaborations, and you can tell when you log on and see the pared down system. It cuts the chatter, ads, distractions, and frankly... messiness down to zilch. It's definitely growing on me.

Cons

So far I haven't really found any, as I haven't used it enough yet. However, our publisher says that the free version is pretty limited admin-wise, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why would a business have a network that they couldn't admin, especially with other networks out there that enable private business networks in the same vein that allow adminning your own team? Just seems a bit odd, is all. From a user standpoint, it looks great and smooth. From the admin standpoint, it seems there's a bit to be desired still.

Best Workplace Tool

Pros

Wow, no words for this product, easy to use, can be accessed easily with single sign on,Can have own teams/communities, can upload documents easily, can share post, cam create new post, can easily get day to day activities of an organization in one single place, can share all event information. Best way to go Digital - using @Workplace we can organize quiz, create presentations and can track attendee records and many things just so easily. can restrict contents of any group using privacy. Can share photos , can tag any other peers. it will refresh contents automatically and publish all latest info . Best best tool and can be accessed using mobile/pc etc. Worth time and money

Cons

rarely this happens but just after loading few posts automatically it gives error no more data otherwise there is nothing that to dislike about this software.

Keeping Our Global Organization Connected

Overall, I have had a great experience with Workplace. It has enabled our organization to stay connected which has been crucial during the pandemic. I also enjoy using Workplace to connect with other employees through interest groups.

Pros

Workplace is very easy to use and it's a great tool for connecting with colleagues. One of my favorite features is the directory portion of workplace where you can search for colleagues and look up information like their title, timezone, team structure, etc. It's great for finding out who people are without needing to ask around and in pre-covid times, seeing someone's photo enabled me to find them in the office even if we hadn't met yet. Our organization also has a massive portfolio of brands so workplace helps me to keep track of them. We also use Workplace for company wide announcements and it's a convenient place for us to access all of our company policies and documents.

Cons

I sometimes feel that I get too many email notifications for things that I'm not interested in. Other than that, it's a great product.

Workplace is a app that work!

This is a real good investment for any business needing something for everyone in his workplace to be online and know whats going on in each department, sharing news and updates quickly, which you as a unit grow stronger.

Pros

Me and my team using it in the office when we have to meetings, share ideas and brainstorm during our work day, when we have to strategize ways to keep our business afloat. it is the same as facebook social, now you have just the same app for the business. Its easy to use, just like facebook social, where you can share pics, instant messaging, audio and video sharing (we a small record label so we tend to view alot of artist demos etc). We absolutely love it.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with it, you pay for the service, we thought there might not be ads, seen as with the free version of facebook social there are ads, so seen that its a paid service surely they must consider no ad posting, seen as ads draw security issues as it is private information shared over the platform, how do you know your information is private and secure.

Facebook for office colleagues

We can easily track everything which is going in an organization, people share technological post there and important discussions can be held her which makes it quite informative.

Pros

This is purely meant for office and corporate so we can get every information about what is happening in our office or other teams from same office, as only office colleagues are there so one can easily separate their official and personal "facebook" life. Apart from this team parties, important discussions, new projects and fun activities in a company can be tracked down on a single platform

Cons

As it is only for office purpose sometimes it becomes very boring i think facebook workplace has to think about something to make it little interesting.

A modern tool for internal communication and transparency.

Pros

Very easy to use UI and short learning curve for employees (since it's built the same way Facebook was built). I often describe it to others as 'Facebook, without all the ads'. Its sole focus is on group functionality so it's great for cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing. We use the Live video functionality often which is great for global participation and alignment.

Cons

Notifications can sometimes get lost if you're subscribed to a lot of groups. A weekly digest of things you were mentioned or tagged in, would be helpful. The chat system isn't very modern and lacks integrations so we use an external software (Slack) for internal chat communication and workflow.

Simply Amazing

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc It

Pros

With workplace i created a network of work with my colleagues and we kept in touch with each other, this has greatly improved our team work and our professional performance and super easy to communicate/coordinate projects with coworkers. I love you can create groups of just certain people. Creating events is also great for when you have meetings, etc.

Cons

As of this time that I am using Workplace, I really do not see a thing that I do not like or need. All features are useful to our institution. It has become an aggregator to projects, project management tools are quite lacking in the application

A good internal communication channel for organization

Our organization use Workplace by Facebook as our internal intranet, we create a Group for each department or Subject and assign user using Active Directory, we also allow the user to create their own Group to discuss specify object of interest.

Pros

It has a feature similar to Facebook which almost everyone familiar with including polls, surveys, post, tag... Integrate with internal Active Directory and Facebook to have a user profile and assign to suitable Group, Space. Replace internal site for company announcement, news, general information or group, project discuss.

Cons

In a large company with too many posts, it hard to find the information we need and it keeps send email from a new post in the group you involve

Facilitates better engagement, communication, and collaboration, but needs to improve functionality

Overall, I enjoy using Workplace and I find it very helpful especially in terms of communication and information dissemination. It is a nice software to have for organizations, although it can still be further improved in terms of functionality.

Pros

What I like most about workplace is that it has a very friendly user interface and it is makes engagement, communication, and information dissemination very easy and seamless processes/experiences. I appreciate having this within our organization as this allows for a fine line between work (workplace) and personal (facebook) conversations.

Cons

What I like least about the software though is that there are often bugs that we experience, such as app crashing, unable to download shared files, and unable to send or receive messages. I often have to reinstall the app when these events happen.

A game changer for social media management

Pros

I work for a costume woodworking company and we have been trying out Workplace for a couple of weeks now as a tool to keep me, the social media manager for the company, in the loop about projects which can be showcased in our social media accounts. The team can send me pictures and update me on the production status of certain furniture using the mobile app. It has changed my job for the better.

Cons

It's a little confusing at first for the inexperienced but they soon catch on.

Wokplace from Facebook - Business Platfrom

Overall my experience is going good and I will definitely continue it further because I am direct to my all team members in my office.

Pros

Workplace is the best connection to each other where office colleague can connect and share office matters. It is the broad social networking for work and every team member can direct connect to other member and can chat too like Facebook.

Cons

I faced many time that during working or conversation got disconnected otherwise I am satisfied from Workplace.

No training needed!

Facebook features for connecting people is now a platform available for our office. We use this to communicate (internal comms as well as inter-company to vendors who use Workplace), and we also use this to build a strong collaborative culture within our company. Everybody knows how to use FB, so no/to minimal training needed for deployment.

Pros

(Almost) everyone uses Facebook for personal/social functions... Why not use it for the office? Imagine everything you do in FB (messaging, sharing files and photos, voice and video calling, groups, etc) can now be done within an almost exact copy but limited to official/office function! Best for culture building for any company, as well as inter-company communications.

Cons

Data privacy is still a question mark... although, there are no ads here, I don't think FB will be using our data for other channels of revenue...