Workplace from Facebook Reviews

Workplace from Facebook

A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

Workplace from Facebook

Keeping Our Global Organization Connected

Overall, I have had a great experience with Workplace. It has enabled our organization to stay connected which has been crucial during the pandemic. I also enjoy using Workplace to connect with other employees through interest groups.

Pros

Workplace is very easy to use and it's a great tool for connecting with colleagues. One of my favorite features is the directory portion of workplace where you can search for colleagues and look up information like their title, timezone, team structure, etc. It's great for finding out who people are without needing to ask around and in pre-covid times, seeing someone's photo enabled me to find them in the office even if we hadn't met yet. Our organization also has a massive portfolio of brands so workplace helps me to keep track of them. We also use Workplace for company wide announcements and it's a convenient place for us to access all of our company policies and documents.

Cons

I sometimes feel that I get too many email notifications for things that I'm not interested in. Other than that, it's a great product.

A good internal communication channel for organization

Our organization use Workplace by Facebook as our internal intranet, we create a Group for each department or Subject and assign user using Active Directory, we also allow the user to create their own Group to discuss specify object of interest.

Pros

It has a feature similar to Facebook which almost everyone familiar with including polls, surveys, post, tag... Integrate with internal Active Directory and Facebook to have a user profile and assign to suitable Group, Space. Replace internal site for company announcement, news, general information or group, project discuss.

Cons

In a large company with too many posts, it hard to find the information we need and it keeps send email from a new post in the group you involve

A game changer for social media management

Pros

I work for a costume woodworking company and we have been trying out Workplace for a couple of weeks now as a tool to keep me, the social media manager for the company, in the loop about projects which can be showcased in our social media accounts. The team can send me pictures and update me on the production status of certain furniture using the mobile app. It has changed my job for the better.

Cons

It's a little confusing at first for the inexperienced but they soon catch on.

A modern tool for internal communication and transparency.

Pros

Very easy to use UI and short learning curve for employees (since it's built the same way Facebook was built). I often describe it to others as 'Facebook, without all the ads'. Its sole focus is on group functionality so it's great for cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing. We use the Live video functionality often which is great for global participation and alignment.

Cons

Notifications can sometimes get lost if you're subscribed to a lot of groups. A weekly digest of things you were mentioned or tagged in, would be helpful. The chat system isn't very modern and lacks integrations so we use an external software (Slack) for internal chat communication and workflow.

Simply Amazing

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc It

Pros

With workplace i created a network of work with my colleagues and we kept in touch with each other, this has greatly improved our team work and our professional performance and super easy to communicate/coordinate projects with coworkers. I love you can create groups of just certain people. Creating events is also great for when you have meetings, etc.

Cons

As of this time that I am using Workplace, I really do not see a thing that I do not like or need. All features are useful to our institution. It has become an aggregator to projects, project management tools are quite lacking in the application

Facebook for the Office

This is practically Facebook for the Office. If employees are on board, this can be a great tool as it is familiar, and easy to use. However, if your employees avoid using Facebook, they will likely avoid using Workplace too.

Pros

As Workplace's interface practically mimics that of regular Facebook, it is very familiar to most users and thus very easy to use. This is especially relevant in an organization with a very high number of employees that span a variety of age groups and backgrounds. Users can post on a variety of groups, like, share, and create their own communities, which encourages people to interact and find commonalities outside of just their professional interests.

Cons

While it's similarity to Facebook makes Workplace easy to adapt to, it can annoy users who are not particularly fond of Facebook. As well, employees who do not generally use Facebook are less likely to try using Workplace and therefore may not be as willing to engage with their peers.

No training needed!

Facebook features for connecting people is now a platform available for our office. We use this to communicate (internal comms as well as inter-company to vendors who use Workplace), and we also use this to build a strong collaborative culture within our company. Everybody knows how to use FB, so no/to minimal training needed for deployment.

Pros

(Almost) everyone uses Facebook for personal/social functions... Why not use it for the office? Imagine everything you do in FB (messaging, sharing files and photos, voice and video calling, groups, etc) can now be done within an almost exact copy but limited to official/office function! Best for culture building for any company, as well as inter-company communications.

Cons

Data privacy is still a question mark... although, there are no ads here, I don't think FB will be using our data for other channels of revenue...

The Best Product Facebook Has To Offer

I absolutely love it. Within the confines of an organization (regardless of the size or purpose) this is the way controlled social networking is done. You're not over-run by useless content, which ensures that you see what you need to see. Communication, sharing, collaboration .... it's all fluid and well laid out.

Pros

I love the controlled flow of information on this forum. No unnecessary information drowning out the important things.

Cons

It's not the most intuitive interface for someone who is used to standard Facebook content. It feels like a completely different product. But maybe that is the point.

An outstanding platform to connect and engage a workforce in a familiar environment

Overall it's a pivotal internal communication tool that has helped us strengthen our ability to meaningfully connect with our co-workers online.

Pros

The onboarding process for implementing Workplace is extremely simple as the vast majority of our workforce already had familiarity with using Facebook. With a nearly identical layout and design, Workplace looks, acts and feels just like the normal version of Facebook which users are already acquainted and familiar with. With our organization being spread across a large geographical area, Workplace provides us with a platform to discuss and engage with everyone in a safe online space.

Cons

It is very notification heavy. I highly suggest adjusting your notification settings otherwise you'll find yourself being inundated with notifications in your email and on your mobile device. It's simple to change these settings and to minimize the amount of push and email notifications you receive.

A fun way to know your colleagues

I really like Workplace for what it is, a fun, engaging platform.

Pros

It's not revolutionary or anything, but it uses the interface of a social network, with corporate features. We use it in my business, and everyone likes it. It is also easy to use because everyone in the company has a Facebook. For this reason, the setup was easy, and everyone was on board fairly quickly. We still use it to this day. I learned to know many colleagues on this platform.

Cons

It's not the most complete software ever. We use it for fun. Also, we know that it's secured, but some people became worried that maybe it wasn't that safe and stopped using it.

Amazing! Collaborative! And fun!

Getting teams across the world and people who work in remote field offices to start to engage better.

Pros

It is Facebook for work - so I see so much engagement across our various global teams - we are starting to share work things with people, we have actually used the collaboration function to create documents together, and I get to see pictures from others - really, it's all the great things Facebook is for work!

Cons

Signing in for companies is more difficult - and I think its hard if we are also not all on the same work domain - so for example, care.org people are on but care.ca people can't get on. And I wonder what limitations those are caused by.

In our office-environment, we love it!

Overall it has help our business a lot, getting things done more efficiently than ever, totally recommend any business to it.

Pros

Workplace for facebook we use on a daily basis in our studio office, and we can see each others updates via it. I can share our company's data our colleagues easily within the platform. It is the same as Facebook but now it is for business version of it with the social networking aspect but for business. We now seriously have a better working relationship between us colleagues, as we interact via survey/opinion polls, that's how we learn from each other.

Cons

there is not a thing i can think off that i don't like about workplace for facebook, its a beautiful adaptation of Facebook just for the workplace, and we totally love it!

Facebook for business - a nice tool with some opportunities

By the time that I started using Workplace, we had a switch in our way-of-work and it helped us during this period of time. But later, when our work returned as usual, another systems was installed in our computers and we switched to the system. I guess workplaces still need some improvements for business, but in general, it was a good experience.

Pros

The best feature for me was the video meetings functionality, because of the great quality of the images as well as the number of people that could be in the video call. Another important functionality was the file sharing system between groups on the platform, because of the ease-of-use and the possibility to transfer larger documents.

Cons

I disliked the large amount of notifications that are received from the groups that I participated. This impacts directly on my productivity at work, because it spent a considerable amount of time. Another thing that I disliked was the fact that I was inserted on many groups without my permission. I believe that if the platform sent me a notification with a request to accept to join the group, my experience could be better.

Super Simple Alternative To Slack

Facebook Workplace takes the user experience of Facebook and applies it to work groups, which our team has had a blast using. Seriously, I've never had a program that required basically NO learning curve!

Pros

Since most people have experience with Facebook, there's pretty much no learning curve to get users to understand how to utilize the service. Workplace integrates group chat, video streaming, file storage and much more which virtually eliminates the need to use other work group apps like Slack and Dropbox. On top of that, the user interface is very polished which goes a long way in my book.

Cons

I will say I am a little concerned about the level of privacy this platform provides. Given that Facebook isn't the most secure environment for personal social media use, I am a little skeptical about how safe our organization's sensitive data will be down the line. If there is ever a breach of Facebook's data servers I hope there are additional safeguards in place to assure our information is protected. I am also unsure how this information is being used for advertising purposes, but so far I haven't had any issues.

Fully Featured Group Chat and Management

Pros

Because Workplace is essentially Facebook for the office, the user interface is very familiar, and very polished. Most people already have experience using Facebook, so getting a team of people to use it for communicating about projects has been extremely easy. There are a ton of great features as well, like unlimited file storage and integration with Dropbox, that make utilizing Workplace a no-brainer.

Cons

Being a Facebook product, our main concern with Workplace is privacy. Although the company assures that everything is safe and secure, we cannot help but wonder if a breach would allow access to sensitive data and documents that are shared among our team. Hopefully they add end-to-end encryption to all messaging just to allow for some piece of mind.

Workplace by facebook is a winning collaborative tool

Workplace by facebook is a phenomenal collaborative tool that I would recommend to anyone particularly interested in using it.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a winning collaborative tool that is both fun to use and very professional. It is a feature-rich tool which is wonderfully crafted to anticipate every need of the users. It was an easy tool to set up, invite colleagues and to use. I love that its a great tool that supports various types of media. Its an informative tool which we use to post new memos and it stays both fun and the professionality is not reduced in any way. It's a great productivity tool that adds great value to any company, firm or industry.

Cons

Only that the only limitation is that it requires a steady internet supply to function well and an good internet connection is not always available. Also, I find the many email notifications particularly annoying.

Workplace provides office communication in a fun way, the Facebook way

Pros

What do you like most about this software?What I like about this software is that it allows everyone to share their ideas with the help of posting or commenting. Making a poll is also easy for everyone. This software is so easy to use since it is patterned to Facebook which most of us use. Inter-company interaction is also possible if both companies are using Workplace

Cons

This software is delivering to its promise and design. I can't find anything wrong with it or even say that this software lacks a feature. Maybe a project management feature would be a great plus in the future

Not Perfect, But A Great Means Of Bringing Collaborators Together

Workplace enables a better communication between collaborators of the company, which leads to relationships and groups with common interests, making the company more united. It's also a great means for delivering news and important messages from the company to the collaborators. It lacks some features to be more complete, but overall is a great addition to a company.

Pros

I like how it's very close of what Facebook is, while retaining a more corporate approach. I love how it can be used at the same time for company matters (like announcements) and personal matters relevant to collaborators (like groups dedicated to sports and cuisine).

Cons

It lacks some basic features to become more comprehensive of users needs, like the ability to make a livestream in the cellphone on landscape mode.

Good chat functionality, technology not as strong

It's great for collaboration and allows my dispersed team to connect in real-time.

Pros

It's easy to quickly connect with other members from my team across the globe. Best for the quick chat functionality. I like the ability to use emojis.

Cons

It often needs a system reset and doesn't always deliver messages in real-time. Many times I'll get a notification from my phone app before I receive the message on my computer.

My experience with Workplace

Workplace is very intuitive and easy to use. I highly recommend this software without any reservations.

Pros

What I liked the most is that the use of Workplace is very similar to Facebook, so it is very likely that most people learn to use it very quickly.

Cons

It is not necessary a cons but I rather have just one mobile app than two (one for the chat and one for the feed), as is the case at this moment.

Excellent way to keep up to date with what is going on within our company

Have found Workplace from Facebook to be an effective tool to share, collaborate and find support using the many Groups we have access to. Many times if I have a question, I can post my question on Workplace and receive any number of responses. My company uses this platform as it's main source of communicating and we've found it to be very helpful.

Pros

We use Workplace from Facebook as a way to share ideas, boost moral, celebrate birthdays, welcome new agents, share important changes within our industry and many other areas. We are able to connect with 100's of offices within our company and find resources within our industry.

Cons

Trying to get used to using Workplace each and every day. This took the place of what we formerly shared through an email within our company.

In terms of reports and discussions of certain matters, Workplace aids and helps our institution.

The Workplace provides tools to institutions or groups of people where they can communicate discussions of a certain topic or matters. The Workplace also serves as their repository of notes, updates, developments and even files of a certain discussion.

Pros

I am fascinated by the tools it provides the users in creating groups for certain topics and discussions. Also the features of attaching files that are relevant and useful to a certain discussion. And also I like the notification feature of Workplace for the members of the group whenever there are posts and developments in the a topic. The search feature is also helpful to the users.

Workplace by Facebook

My overall experience with Facebook workplace has been great because I've actually had a few jobs I was hired for with using Facebook. I think it is successful and a great idea for younger adults looking for jobs since Facebook is such a big deal.

Pros

I love that Facebook decided to do workplaces. It makes it so much easier to find jobs in my area and to apply for them as well.

Cons

No cons at all. They have it together and it was a great idea for them to do this on Facebook. Instead of it just being for social, and friends, they turned Facebook into a useful tool for finding and applying for jobs.

Workplace Review

Overall, Workplace helps my business maintain cohesion despite being in different places around the nation or the world. It allows us to quickly solve each other's questions and stay focused on our collective goal with the company.

Pros

What I like most about using Workplace for my virtual job as an Internet Rater is that is keeps me in touch with my coworkers in cyberspace in a manner similar to Facebook. Workplace allows us to post job-related updates, filter, moderate, and block unnecessary or inappropriate chatter, and stay p to date on changes with our policies and assignments. If any of us has a question or a concern, we have several other team members at our fingertips to whom we can relay our issue to and receive feedback/solutions relatively quickly. The Workplace program also allows us to see who holds what position, which is useful in case something needs to be escalated. The inclusion of a messenger program similar to FB messenger is beneficial as we can form smaller teams or sub groups.

Cons

I have only been using Workplace for a few weeks and have yet to find something that I dislike or would like to see improved. Not for lack of trying because I am always on the prowl for bugs to report.

Social Media for Work

We see lots of "Twinning" and memes that serve no work purpose so I find it distracting and hard to filter down to messages of substance. I don't believe this should be used as a primary communication channel unless you control/ restrict posts of content with no work value.

Pros

Workplace works like Facebook so it is familiar to most users. It's fairly intuitive to use for those that have not previously adopted Facebook. It has a chat feature similar to Facebook Messenger.

Cons

I'm not a Facebook user, so for me, this is a platform I didn't want to use as a communication channel at work. I do like the chat feature but most of the content posted has become less about work and more about "social media" content that I have made a point to avoid.