Workplace from Meta Logo

Workplace from Meta

A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

Workplace from Meta Reviews - Page 4

1,120 reviews

Wokplace from Facebook - Business Platfrom

Overall my experience is going good and I will definitely continue it further because I am direct to my all team members in my office.

Pros

Workplace is the best connection to each other where office colleague can connect and share office matters. It is the broad social networking for work and every team member can direct connect to other member and can chat too like Facebook.

Cons

I faced many time that during working or conversation got disconnected otherwise I am satisfied from Workplace.

No training needed!

Facebook features for connecting people is now a platform available for our office. We use this to communicate (internal comms as well as inter-company to vendors who use Workplace), and we also use this to build a strong collaborative culture within our company. Everybody knows how to use FB, so no/to minimal training needed for deployment.

Pros

(Almost) everyone uses Facebook for personal/social functions... Why not use it for the office? Imagine everything you do in FB (messaging, sharing files and photos, voice and video calling, groups, etc) can now be done within an almost exact copy but limited to official/office function! Best for culture building for any company, as well as inter-company communications.

Cons

Data privacy is still a question mark... although, there are no ads here, I don't think FB will be using our data for other channels of revenue...

The Best Product Facebook Has To Offer

I absolutely love it. Within the confines of an organization (regardless of the size or purpose) this is the way controlled social networking is done. You're not over-run by useless content, which ensures that you see what you need to see. Communication, sharing, collaboration .... it's all fluid and well laid out.

Pros

I love the controlled flow of information on this forum. No unnecessary information drowning out the important things.

Cons

It's not the most intuitive interface for someone who is used to standard Facebook content. It feels like a completely different product. But maybe that is the point.

Intra-office communication made effective

The UI & UX of Workplace is great as it is similar to the social network we already use. It is a great way for organizational announcements and closes gaps that can occur in communication from the HODs to the executive level.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a brilliant tool for organizations. People are really accustomed to using Facebook for communication and updates and Workplace does this for organizations in a similar UI and features.

Cons

Confidentiality can be a concern on this. For file sharing this might not be the most effective tool. There are security concerns as well with the privacy issue of Facebook & WhatsApp coming under more & more scrutiny.

A fun way to know your colleagues

I really like Workplace for what it is, a fun, engaging platform.

Pros

It's not revolutionary or anything, but it uses the interface of a social network, with corporate features. We use it in my business, and everyone likes it. It is also easy to use because everyone in the company has a Facebook. For this reason, the setup was easy, and everyone was on board fairly quickly. We still use it to this day. I learned to know many colleagues on this platform.

Cons

It's not the most complete software ever. We use it for fun. Also, we know that it's secured, but some people became worried that maybe it wasn't that safe and stopped using it.

Amazing! Collaborative! And fun!

Getting teams across the world and people who work in remote field offices to start to engage better.

Pros

It is Facebook for work - so I see so much engagement across our various global teams - we are starting to share work things with people, we have actually used the collaboration function to create documents together, and I get to see pictures from others - really, it's all the great things Facebook is for work!

Cons

Signing in for companies is more difficult - and I think its hard if we are also not all on the same work domain - so for example, care.org people are on but care.ca people can't get on. And I wonder what limitations those are caused by.

Facebook for the Office

This is practically Facebook for the Office. If employees are on board, this can be a great tool as it is familiar, and easy to use. However, if your employees avoid using Facebook, they will likely avoid using Workplace too.

Pros

As Workplace's interface practically mimics that of regular Facebook, it is very familiar to most users and thus very easy to use. This is especially relevant in an organization with a very high number of employees that span a variety of age groups and backgrounds. Users can post on a variety of groups, like, share, and create their own communities, which encourages people to interact and find commonalities outside of just their professional interests.

Cons

While it's similarity to Facebook makes Workplace easy to adapt to, it can annoy users who are not particularly fond of Facebook. As well, employees who do not generally use Facebook are less likely to try using Workplace and therefore may not be as willing to engage with their peers.

A Strong Choice for People who Want to Avoid Learning New Software

Pros

It is very similar to consumer Facebook in how it works, ranging from the messaging platform to the feed being virtually identical to that of consumer Facebook, the only real difference being the context of the platform's use as well as the color scheme. It allows people to not be thrown in the proverbial deep end in terms of learning new software.

Cons

The biggest drawback to using workplace over alternativers like Slack or MS Teams, would be the lack of integration with 3rd party platforms. This issue is quite infuriating an honestly needs to be resolved to be a truly viable alternative to slack.

Facebook for business - a nice tool with some opportunities

By the time that I started using Workplace, we had a switch in our way-of-work and it helped us during this period of time. But later, when our work returned as usual, another systems was installed in our computers and we switched to the system. I guess workplaces still need some improvements for business, but in general, it was a good experience.

Pros

The best feature for me was the video meetings functionality, because of the great quality of the images as well as the number of people that could be in the video call. Another important functionality was the file sharing system between groups on the platform, because of the ease-of-use and the possibility to transfer larger documents.

Cons

I disliked the large amount of notifications that are received from the groups that I participated. This impacts directly on my productivity at work, because it spent a considerable amount of time. Another thing that I disliked was the fact that I was inserted on many groups without my permission. I believe that if the platform sent me a notification with a request to accept to join the group, my experience could be better.

An outstanding platform to connect and engage a workforce in a familiar environment

Overall it's a pivotal internal communication tool that has helped us strengthen our ability to meaningfully connect with our co-workers online.

Pros

The onboarding process for implementing Workplace is extremely simple as the vast majority of our workforce already had familiarity with using Facebook. With a nearly identical layout and design, Workplace looks, acts and feels just like the normal version of Facebook which users are already acquainted and familiar with. With our organization being spread across a large geographical area, Workplace provides us with a platform to discuss and engage with everyone in a safe online space.

Cons

It is very notification heavy. I highly suggest adjusting your notification settings otherwise you'll find yourself being inundated with notifications in your email and on your mobile device. It's simple to change these settings and to minimize the amount of push and email notifications you receive.

Collaborate and Communicate easily within your organization

The experience with Workplace has been satisfactory. I do not use it much as we require it just for information purpose. We already have solutions in place for Video calls, Meetings and IMs. So Workplace is just used for information sharing.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is somewhat a replica of Facebook but this is for a particular organization to communicate internally. The employees can use it just like Facebook and create groups, chat, share pictures, host video calls, group calls and everything that Facebook offers. Its a great tool to use for internal communication.

Cons

There are no cons as such in Workplace by Facebook. It works pretty well. The features it offers for internal communication are redundant I will say because most of the organizations will already have a solution in place for IM, Meetings, etc.

In our office-environment, we love it!

Overall it has help our business a lot, getting things done more efficiently than ever, totally recommend any business to it.

Pros

Workplace for facebook we use on a daily basis in our studio office, and we can see each others updates via it. I can share our company's data our colleagues easily within the platform. It is the same as Facebook but now it is for business version of it with the social networking aspect but for business. We now seriously have a better working relationship between us colleagues, as we interact via survey/opinion polls, that's how we learn from each other.

Cons

there is not a thing i can think off that i don't like about workplace for facebook, its a beautiful adaptation of Facebook just for the workplace, and we totally love it!

Workplace provides office communication in a fun way, the Facebook way

Pros

What do you like most about this software?What I like about this software is that it allows everyone to share their ideas with the help of posting or commenting. Making a poll is also easy for everyone. This software is so easy to use since it is patterned to Facebook which most of us use. Inter-company interaction is also possible if both companies are using Workplace

Cons

This software is delivering to its promise and design. I can't find anything wrong with it or even say that this software lacks a feature. Maybe a project management feature would be a great plus in the future

Good chat functionality, technology not as strong

It's great for collaboration and allows my dispersed team to connect in real-time.

Pros

It's easy to quickly connect with other members from my team across the globe. Best for the quick chat functionality. I like the ability to use emojis.

Cons

It often needs a system reset and doesn't always deliver messages in real-time. Many times I'll get a notification from my phone app before I receive the message on my computer.

Excellent way to keep up to date with what is going on within our company

Have found Workplace from Facebook to be an effective tool to share, collaborate and find support using the many Groups we have access to. Many times if I have a question, I can post my question on Workplace and receive any number of responses. My company uses this platform as it's main source of communicating and we've found it to be very helpful.

Pros

We use Workplace from Facebook as a way to share ideas, boost moral, celebrate birthdays, welcome new agents, share important changes within our industry and many other areas. We are able to connect with 100's of offices within our company and find resources within our industry.

Cons

Trying to get used to using Workplace each and every day. This took the place of what we formerly shared through an email within our company.

Super Simple Alternative To Slack

Facebook Workplace takes the user experience of Facebook and applies it to work groups, which our team has had a blast using. Seriously, I've never had a program that required basically NO learning curve!

Pros

Since most people have experience with Facebook, there's pretty much no learning curve to get users to understand how to utilize the service. Workplace integrates group chat, video streaming, file storage and much more which virtually eliminates the need to use other work group apps like Slack and Dropbox. On top of that, the user interface is very polished which goes a long way in my book.

Cons

I will say I am a little concerned about the level of privacy this platform provides. Given that Facebook isn't the most secure environment for personal social media use, I am a little skeptical about how safe our organization's sensitive data will be down the line. If there is ever a breach of Facebook's data servers I hope there are additional safeguards in place to assure our information is protected. I am also unsure how this information is being used for advertising purposes, but so far I haven't had any issues.

In terms of reports and discussions of certain matters, Workplace aids and helps our institution.

The Workplace provides tools to institutions or groups of people where they can communicate discussions of a certain topic or matters. The Workplace also serves as their repository of notes, updates, developments and even files of a certain discussion.

Pros

I am fascinated by the tools it provides the users in creating groups for certain topics and discussions. Also the features of attaching files that are relevant and useful to a certain discussion. And also I like the notification feature of Workplace for the members of the group whenever there are posts and developments in the a topic. The search feature is also helpful to the users.

Cons

As of this time that I am using Workplace, I really do not see a thing that I do not like or need. All features are useful to our institution.

Fully Featured Group Chat and Management

Pros

Because Workplace is essentially Facebook for the office, the user interface is very familiar, and very polished. Most people already have experience using Facebook, so getting a team of people to use it for communicating about projects has been extremely easy. There are a ton of great features as well, like unlimited file storage and integration with Dropbox, that make utilizing Workplace a no-brainer.

Cons

Being a Facebook product, our main concern with Workplace is privacy. Although the company assures that everything is safe and secure, we cannot help but wonder if a breach would allow access to sensitive data and documents that are shared among our team. Hopefully they add end-to-end encryption to all messaging just to allow for some piece of mind.

Works just like Facebook!

Overall, I had a good experience with Facebook Workplace, and I definitely see the value of using it for an organization. It makes work a little more exciting and keeps members of the company engaged and integrated. However, it is also quite distracting and steers people away from the seriousness of work as they associate this with Facebook.

Pros

I liked the fact that it is incredibly easy to use this software! As long as you have used Facebook before (which I'm sure everyone has at this point), it's not difficult and won't take long for you to get used to how Facebook Workplace works. You can have a platform where all the members of your organization are included, but also make separate groups for different projects or teams. There's also the usage of video calls, calendar events, live broadcasts, chats, and so on. The news feed also keeps you connected with your other co-workers, and the entire system just seems really fun and light, and tries to make work a little more pleasant for everybody.

Cons

I think what was negative for Facebook Workplace is the mentality that people have towards this software. I found it difficult for some people to separate Facebook from Workplace and therefore it was difficult for them to take it seriously, and instead only viewed it as more of social media platform, and still direct their work somewhere else. This takes away from the whole point of fully integrating the company and its work and people into this platform.

Great for Large Teams and Home Working

We used Workplace for a long time as it allowed teams to work together via chat in real time and is easy. Because it's design is similar to Facebook and Messenger, it is easy for staff to learn to use. It allowed quick sharing of files and is easier than sending by emails as they do not get lost in inboxes.

Pros

Easy Team Collaboration Easy Conference Calls Great Customer Support

Cons

Workplace prices can be quite high and not viable for smaller companies

Workplace by facebook is a winning collaborative tool

Workplace by facebook is a phenomenal collaborative tool that I would recommend to anyone particularly interested in using it.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a winning collaborative tool that is both fun to use and very professional. It is a feature-rich tool which is wonderfully crafted to anticipate every need of the users. It was an easy tool to set up, invite colleagues and to use. I love that its a great tool that supports various types of media. Its an informative tool which we use to post new memos and it stays both fun and the professionality is not reduced in any way. It's a great productivity tool that adds great value to any company, firm or industry.

Cons

Only that the only limitation is that it requires a steady internet supply to function well and an good internet connection is not always available. Also, I find the many email notifications particularly annoying.

The corporate Facebook

In our particular case, we use Workplace more as a social network than as a strictly work and task environment. At Workplace we count our achievements, the good news, prizes for collaborators, recognitions, etc; which benefits the good work environment.

Pros

Although Workplace has multiple features, one of its main functions is to strengthen the business culture and the relationship between coworkers, being able to generate different groups to decide whether to share certain information in a more general environment, or with your closest colleagues. At the same time, it allows you to share work appointments, notes to your workers, work calendar and more.

Cons

Despite its remarkable similarity, it is not as easy to use or intuitive as Facebook. The price is somewhat high and makes it not a solution for everyone. Knowing that it is a tool in which all bosses can see your activity, your reports, your tasks, is a bit scary.

Not Perfect, But A Great Means Of Bringing Collaborators Together

Workplace enables a better communication between collaborators of the company, which leads to relationships and groups with common interests, making the company more united. It's also a great means for delivering news and important messages from the company to the collaborators. It lacks some features to be more complete, but overall is a great addition to a company.

Pros

I like how it's very close of what Facebook is, while retaining a more corporate approach. I love how it can be used at the same time for company matters (like announcements) and personal matters relevant to collaborators (like groups dedicated to sports and cuisine).

Cons

It lacks some basic features to become more comprehensive of users needs, like the ability to make a livestream in the cellphone on landscape mode.

My experience with Workplace

Workplace is very intuitive and easy to use. I highly recommend this software without any reservations.

Pros

What I liked the most is that the use of Workplace is very similar to Facebook, so it is very likely that most people learn to use it very quickly.

Cons

It is not necessary a cons but I rather have just one mobile app than two (one for the chat and one for the feed), as is the case at this moment.

Workplace by Facebook

My overall experience with Facebook workplace has been great because I've actually had a few jobs I was hired for with using Facebook. I think it is successful and a great idea for younger adults looking for jobs since Facebook is such a big deal.

Pros

I love that Facebook decided to do workplaces. It makes it so much easier to find jobs in my area and to apply for them as well.

Cons

No cons at all. They have it together and it was a great idea for them to do this on Facebook. Instead of it just being for social, and friends, they turned Facebook into a useful tool for finding and applying for jobs.