Workplace from Meta Logo

Workplace from Meta

A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

Workplace from Meta Reviews - Page 5

1,099 reviews

Social Media for Work

We see lots of "Twinning" and memes that serve no work purpose so I find it distracting and hard to filter down to messages of substance. I don't believe this should be used as a primary communication channel unless you control/ restrict posts of content with no work value.

Pros

Workplace works like Facebook so it is familiar to most users. It's fairly intuitive to use for those that have not previously adopted Facebook. It has a chat feature similar to Facebook Messenger.

Cons

I'm not a Facebook user, so for me, this is a platform I didn't want to use as a communication channel at work. I do like the chat feature but most of the content posted has become less about work and more about "social media" content that I have made a point to avoid.

Awesome Way to Connect with Employees

It's a fantastic tool to help improve communication clarity and efficiency.

Pros

Facebook is the main social platform for the majority of our audience, so it just seemed like a natural fit to use workplace withing the company. It's easy to use for everyone because everyone knows Facebook. The layout is nearly identical to it's social version, so we all picked it up quick. Staying in touch with other departments has never been easier or more intuitive. For me particularly, it's great because I also take care of our social platforms. It's a seamless transition from connecting with distributors and connecting with employees.

Cons

If you're looking for a more in-depth program (i.e., for project management, time management etc), Workplace probably isn't the best fit. It's pretty much just Facebook, but meant for use within the company.

Worth the hype!

Amazing and easy to train employees since the app is so well known.

Pros

Workplace is the best combination of apps and features designed for productive communication and efficient time. It is run through Facebook and most employees know that app well, this is essentially an extension of that for us, but for the workplace. We can create groups, message, have video calls, and share files, etc. Its like our own business social media.

Cons

Working with Facebook sometimes security can be a big issue, but the pros outweigh the cons.

Win win

Nothing I would chunk a ton of money into but I’m always guaranteed to get a handful of applications with this.

Pros

I like tht it is on Facebook where everyone is all the time. Even if they are not currently looking for a job there gonna see the ad!

Cons

I hate how it ask if I want to proceed with the application before I get a chance to talk to the person or even really view resume!

Worplace - a very good collaboration tools software

We are using it since more than 2 years, and it's a great social network for the professional place. It's very easy to share news about business, HR, life of the different teams, special events, etc... And the chat is very useful for communication with colleagues.

Pros

Very easy to customize. Very easy to create groups for the different departments/services. The chat app (Workplace Chat), very similar to Facebook Messenger : very easy to exchange private messages at work.

Cons

No possibility to follow the conduct of a project Lot of bugs with the chat (too many updates...)

We utilize facebook workplace for inter-departmental communication.

Pros

I love the ability to place all internal communications into one location. It makes finding the information even easier since it lives on the page you posted to. Its also a great tool to call/message other employees who you may not know personally or have their contact information. We have used it to post critical information and get it to our staff in a quick and timely manner. It is also easy for most people to grasp how to use since it looks and feels like facebook.

Cons

I wish there were more ways to decide what type of notifications you receive. I also do not like that you need to download the messaging app (like facebook) separate from the actual app.

Cool virtual workplace

Pros

We use Workplace to provide the virtual lounge for our staff to "hang out". Works really well since we have a lot of work-from-home remote staff and they need a place where we can communicate just about anything outside of work and get to know each other more. And it has nothing to do with your personal facebook account, which is awesome, because not everyone wants to connect using their personal facebook.

Cons

I don't think it works really well for project collaboration and project tracking.

Adds a layer of

Pros

Is the ultimate channel for cross-departmental and flat hierarchical communication. Connects the whole organization with tools that are intuitive and familiar for existing FB users. Helps users communicate, plan meets, share interests and turn ideas into action. Allows you to link events to your Google Calendar. Secure and safe.

Cons

Because of the look and feel, people forget that the software is for WORK. This sometimes means that users treat it like a social platform instead of a work communication platform.

News is fast and easy within the workplace!

Pros

My manager would post status letting us know when department meetings would take place, also post things like employee of the month and stats for the periods. It is very helpful as its based from my person Facebook page so I don't have to create any new accounts to access.

Cons

Since it is tied with my personal Facebook, sometimes I would miss updates if we were not personal invited on the update itself. Fortunately, you are able to place alerts on the Workplace account that sends an alert whenever a update is posted.

Know your team with Workplace by Facebook

I was using this tool while I was working at my very first job. This was really helpful to get to know the colleagues even though we do not work in same project. Also it is a really good tool to know your team as a new joiner. I see it as a kind of knowledge repository. I believe this might be a great tool during this time as many people are tend to work from home. Therefore I would like to recommend every organization to use Workplace by Facebook so that your team will keep engaged while remote work.

Pros

It is very user friendly as most of us are using Facebook. It helps to know your team better and knowledge library is a great way to share the knowledge among colleagues. Being able to join different groups within your organization also helps in learning new things & getting close to colleagues. Again we also able to to know what are important posts and what is really worth looking for.

Cons

I don't see any negatives about this tool. But I would like to suggest some improvements. I guess most of the software professionals use this tool, so that it is better to improve the chat function so that they can use it to share code blocks easily. Also if it can support linking with google calendar, mail boxes like apps would be much helpful too.

Love

Easy to use Easy to teach Really have enjoyed this product

Pros

It's so easy to use and to teach people to use - because it's facebook! Which everyone has Already haha

Cons

Can get complicated with too many groups - also notifications sometimes don't work on androids which I do not know how to fix

Amazing collaboration tool!

Pros

My company just started using this tool a little less than a year ago and it has really created a more collaborative environment for the company. We have combined weekly email updates and just uploaded them onto Workplace. People also can add pictures just like Facebook to their profile and it really helps you to get to know people better. You can also post small wins for your team so that co-workers can see it. You can also create groups for different locations, teams, etc. and post events and updates based on those specifications.

Cons

One issue is with the chat feature. On our old tool, you could see if someone was away or in a meeting and then you would know not to message them, but with this tool, you cannot do that. It is just hard to know if someone may have read your message or not.

Explored switching but decided not to

Workspace is a great way to unite the teams in my company but after a trial we decided to go a different way

Pros

Workspace by facebook is very interesting and unique, it provided great ways to group our teams and enhance communication.

Cons

We did a trial as an option vs slack and ultimately, price and features just did not add up to what slack had to offer. We have a small company and this tool just did not make sense

A corporate social media platform with not so great value proposition

As long as you are using the free version, it solves the information dissemination problem and some feeds from Harvard business review, yahoo finance etc., but offers nothing more. Premium version is a bit pricey and offers very little in terms of value additions. Integrations are alright, nothing to write home about. Metrics are limited to closed and open groups, secret group statistics are nowhere to be found.

Pros

A familiar format Notification flexibility Group-specific live streaming

Cons

A bit pricey for the offering Premium version doesn't support SSO or analytics and lot

Connects me with coworkers across the globe seamlessly

Instead of needing several products, Workplace fulfills the needs of those. I no longer need to have skype or any other video calling app nor do I need a chat app. Workplace has both and more.

Pros

I like how feature filled this site is. It has everything I need from the ability to create groups to video chatting or calling a coworker all from one site. I have coworkers on the other side of the country and in other countries and workplace makes it easy to connect with them.

Cons

I took a star off due to the design. The site is well designed, but I personally don't find it nice to look at. It's very bland like Facebook but that's to be expected. It's Facebook but for the workplace.

Great Product to Stay Connected

We use Workplace to do a lot of product announcements, updates, etc that you would have to go digging through different channels in Slack to find. Simplifies it and adds it to one place.

Pros

Really enjoy using Workplace to stay connected with all of our colleagues world-wide. Especially during this time where everyone is working from home, it is awesome to be able to communicate and share how life is going.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about the product. It does exactly what it is intended for and does it well.

Keeping your work family close and connected

I enjoy using it and hope that more employers use it in the future as it is good to help stay connected with workplace associates.

Pros

I love how you can create groups to keep up with certain topics or promotions within a company and that you are able to stay connected with work associates without connecting through you regular Facebook.

Cons

The layout seems a little more outdated than Facebook itself, but I like that it is simple and easy to navigate. With there were more features like games and events etc.

Excellent to maintain communication between the work team

Teamwork has improved

Pros

Workplace has improved the way in which we communicate among co-workers and we remain always in contact so that teamwork is excellent and we do not miss any view. teamwork is always difficult but maintaining good communication makes it possible for great and positive things to happen.

Cons

A good and fluid communication is always an advantage and workplace helps us with this, but it is important to know that it is a tool that we must manage responsibly and in an organized manner so that the information that flows through this channel is really useful, good or bad our use of Workplace is entirely our responsibility.

Its how to reach everyone!

Pros

We like how its similar to regular Facebook and there's the ease of reaching out to the company all at once, or setting up groups to have your own page to post on. We use the chat feature more than anything across the company.

Cons

The chat feature seems to have issues delivering messages at times. You will have to close out the window and restart it to get it to work sometimes. The problem is, you dont even know you may have missed a message...but to the sending party, it appears to have been delivered fine.

Facebook at Workplace Reviewing

The workplace has been helpful in reviewing any activities going around the organisation and also helped in getting votes for anything right or wrong happening around the org.

Pros

The workplace in facebook is a very useful concept. This helps to interact with different people in an organisation and share your opinions and reviews of some events happening around the organisation. It is also useful in getting opinions from people about any events to be organised or any newly imposed policies by the organisation.

Cons

There is no such cons except some updates or changes to be brought in the user interface which seems a bit older facebook type we used earlier.

Great social platform for business

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a great business tool to connect with the thousands involved in our enterprise. Unlike LinkedIn, Workplace is more intuitive since it is very similar to personal Facebook. It's easy to look at information from the various groups I'm in, follow posts, search for previous posts, share ideas with my colleagues, etc.

Cons

The home screen is not always intuitive (being stuck in a group rather than a highlights feed). My email notifications on when things get posted in certain groups or there are new comments on posts I'm following are sometimes repetitive as well.

Awesome! Best social media software ever!

Overall Facebook is a great and super easy software to use, fun for all ages and the sky is the limit!

Pros

Facebook makes it easy to connect and find friends all over the world! Just search, send a friend request and bam!! I love how easy it is to look through the feed as well, full of pictures and videos shared by other people with your common interests!!

Cons

However one thing that could change is that you get notifications of other people on there, and some spam from gaming websites.

Facebook for Elites/Professionals

I've been skeptical on accepting friend requests from my Personal facebook account before because I don't want to involve them on my personal life, but when I discovered Facebook Workplace I can now connect to them with ease. If a colleague adds me on Facebook, I would just say that we should transfer on Facebook Workplace, and they would agree instantly. Of course not all of them has FB Workplace account but I try to convince them to have it as much as possible .

Pros

What I like the most about it is it sets aside personal facebook account to workplace facebook account, so the post and interaction is limited to professional and much more decided activities. Also you can still browse facebook but in a more premium like version, lesser toxic posts. It's like LinkedIn connects.

Cons

Users are a lot lesser than actual Facebok itself, also some professionals prefer not to use any social media at all even for professional use. Maybe the developers need to advertise Facebook Workplace in a more broader way so that it can attract more users.

Just as annoying but more useful than public Facebook

I have occasionally found answers to questions not present in our company's formal IT or other documentation. Most all the annoying pieces of Facebook are still present--misinformation, unsolicited tirades, and the potential to waste as much time as you would give.

Pros

My very large organization provides us Workplace as a way to connect with employees from anywhere in the company regardless of location or what the org chart says. To that end, it is nice to get new opinions or domain knowledge on processes and different subjects. It is easily navigable to any user of public Facebook since the layout is exactly the same.

Cons

Like most self-service systems, it is doomed to fall into a state of at least moderate disarray--a search for groups dedicated to a particular topic will typically reveal multiple fragmented such groups. Since some within the company will never adopt usage, there are people you will never connect with. It's not truly a way to reach the whole company, just the subset of the company who uses Workplace.

Best social platform for work

A sensational tool that brought together a worldwide passion that is social networks and the work environment to shorten the ties between everyone in the companies and give faster access to important topics that need visibility.

Pros

It offers ease of connection with other employees in your work environment, good for creating professional and personal bonds at work, exchanging experiences.

Cons

In some moments it has a certain instability for live videos, being able to upload larger files.