Workplace from Meta Logo

Workplace from Meta

A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

Workplace from Meta Reviews - Page 7

1,097 reviews

A concept that promotes culture change!

The ability to network with off site employees and provide a clear path for communication utilizing technology.

Pros

The software has been implemented for the entire organization (400 people) and this is a tool that provides ease of communication, networking with employees across the US and promoting and encouraging employees to work safely by sending daily messages. The most important tool for me is the utilization of creating a survey for all to take and that provides management feedback on our safety culture or aka a mini perception survey.

Cons

Since I like to be transparent!! The option to create an invisible group is a function I would remove from this platform as across most organizations, we need to breakdown the silos!

Workplace Facebook Fun

I love Workplace by Facebook! It's an awesome way to stay connected and quells that urge to check social media, when in reality you are just checking in with folks around the business!

Pros

I love that Workplace for Facebook is a fun way to check in around the business for updates on an individual and organizational level! You can tag people, groups, make hashtags, and like/comment the same way that you can on traditional Facebook.

Cons

I do find that the layout is a little bit less user-friendly than traditional Facebook is. It's set up to be more timeline-oriented, rather than profile-oriented because the purpose is geared more toward work use. That's not an issue, it's just a little bit confusing when it doesn't follow the layout that most users are accustomed to through regular Facebook.

breakthrough for employers and employees

Pros

i really like how it lets you get a feel for a person applying for the job. social media is so big and what better way to receive a small resume from someone along with a deeper look into who they are and what they like and have accomplished. on the opposite end of it if your applying for a job it makes it super easy to apply for multiple jobs by filling in your information using your "about me" section.

Cons

what i liked least about facebook workplace was employers do not seem to update the jobs once they are filled.

Best workplace for workplace

My overall experience with workplace is amazing, Its business Facebook we are collaborating together, sharing posts and have fun together beside knowing what is going on in the whole company and the company updates, Its our internal intranet

Pros

Workplace from meta provides a unique social experience for business between my coworkers and team mates for sharing thoughts and for spending some time together away from business stress, we can share posts and share articles and achievements also ,Its makes us feel that we are in the same room and talk together easily

Cons

There's no critical issues found in workplace by Facebook all features are working perfectly, I didn't found something to dislike it all features are amazing

Facebook for office

Pros

It's just like Facebook and since everybody (or almost) uses Facebook, there almost no learning required on this tool. You just apply you Facebook experience and you are active on Workplace. It a Private Facebook which only employees can access.

Cons

Marking notifications as read is something missing. For example, I posted 50 photos from an event, and with all people liking photos individually, i have a long list of notifications for likes that I'll never check. if only I could mark them as read, it would be great.

Facebook is very useful application

Facebook is a good application but the owner should have to take action about fake ids

Pros

Facebook is very useful application there are many positive use of this application like being informed from the current affairs being connected with important personlities .

Cons

There are some people which have negative use of facebook there are many fake ids in facebook by which sometimes harresment cases are coming .

love using it, have grown my business working with facebook

Pros

familiar with facebook so it is pretty easy to use can really build a network with the people great way to share about your business a good social media platform to grow business

Cons

some of the features were a little confusing dont really like the template when we first post something wish there was more features in the about section

Great Communication Tool

One of the best moves we've made! Great value for the money if you need the pro features.

Pros

Workplace replaced the forums we had been using and we found that the engagement level grew tremendously. Being Facebook like, users found the interface familiar and very easy to use. Offers mobile apps as well as a desktop version. If you're an admin, they have a lot of tools for you to add and monitor groups and users.

Cons

Wish we could move posts, if people post in the wrong groups. Other than that, we are very happy and they are always adding new features.

Workplace 5-Star Review

Love Workplace! It has made such an impact on a daily basis to help me stay motivated and inspired by the other entrepreneurs I can associate with.

Pros

Workplace has given me the opportunity to connect with other independent business owners with similar interests and values. It is a secure platform we feel safe sharing motivating content.

Cons

I was very apprehensive to use this knowing it was made by Facebook due to all of the negative talk about Facebook in the media lately. But really, it's been wonderful and I don't have any other complaints or concerns.

Successful Workplace Use

Pros

Workplace is a great tool to share fun pieces of your life, and work achievements with your colleagues! It also comes in handy if VPN and/or internet is down, and you need to quickly communicate with colleagues. It's great that it works on your cellphone and can be used without internet if needed (i.e. if you have a cell connection)

Cons

It would be nice if the different post options, like polls, could have a small description of what you could do with them/how they are used when you hover over them.

I loved it

Pros

It's wide range of functions, talking of the instant messaging, forum, page, community and the fact that you can use your FB profile to sign up for profiles on other programs

Cons

The fact that the app is highly intrusive

It is very helpful for our company.

Can communicate faster with my co-leagues.

Pros

I can easily communicate with my co-workers even if i'm in my vacation or away from the office. I don't need all the email and cell phone numbers of my co-workers to be connected to them, I just need to install this software on my phone.

Cons

The thing is we need an Internet Access to use this software. We don't have free Internet Access in any places on our city so I have a little problem on using this, well its a minor problem but for me this software will become perfect if it supports free data like Facebook.

Corporate social media

I would recommend this for companies with large number of employees. This will help employees to be engage in fulfulling company's goal.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook helps me track company's important news. It helps me also engage in different activities inside the company.

Cons

Since I have been using Facebook for quite long, it helps me familiarize easily on how to navigate workplace. Best software so far.

Robust Work Place Chat Tool

Overall a powerful business tool that can open the doors of communication for most types of businesses.

Pros

Has an easy to use interface that almost has a social media feel to it. Gives lots of flexibility to make groups private and have content displayed only to intended audiences.

Cons

Not too many cons to this tool. The search option can be a bit finicky at times making it difficult to find a certain group.

Good thing to happen in my organization

Good application for information dissemination among team members. Feeds you with important information within the organization.

Pros

At first I was excited to have facebook workplace in our organization, however it is just proving to be another time killer. Lots of management speeches and work related motivational quotes. Its a good news sharing application about whats happening in the company. If you are neck deep in to work assignments than this is of no use to you. Otherwise , you may have good info sharing , fun, knowledge sharing through this within your team.

Cons

Nothing much. You can't compare it with original facebook. Otherwise you have similar features as in Facebook. Wont find public groups and posts related to trivial but funny matters.

Great way to get your business noticed

Pros

This is a great tool to get your name out there and once out there you're able to inform a large amount of people about what your business is doing. It's also important to make sure your business has a face in social media

Cons

Not really anything that I don't like about this program. I think if you didn't already have a Facebook account then it might take some time to get used to how it works.

Invaluable tool for my small business

It is an invaluable tool that has been a lifesaver for my small business

Pros

The ability to interact with fellow agents in my field, organization of different topics, the familiarity and ease of use due to it being similar to the Facebook social media platform

Cons

It can be difficult at times to see the most recent information that someone has posted to the group but I have figured out a workaround

socializing business app

it is a great internal app. Now you dont have to conduct meetings for each and every announcement. You can just post it on this app and every employee can see it. It saved lot of time and money.

Pros

Workplace from facebook can be used by any business, no matter what the size of the business is. You have to create a business facebook profile. It will be different from your personal profile. You can message any employee of the company using workplace. you can start discussions, create groups on workplace, create an event. You can also post announcement you want to make through workplace.

Cons

for using the advance and enterprise features of the workplace from facebook, you have to pay a monthly fees.

Productive Facebook for office use

I would recommend this for businesses.

Pros

I have used facebook during my intership at grinders coffee australia. They are part of the coca cola amatil amd they use facebook workplace to shre stories of employees. We made a video as appreciation for them at the end of our internship and they shared it in workplaceso that the whole company could see it. It is fun and productive than normal facebook because only relevant posts would be shared. It would help the empoloyees of the company to build up a rapport with each other which will make the employees happy.

Cons

Information might get overloaded at times. Groups can be hard to manage. Needs improvements and regular updates.

Win win Facebook

Facebook has allowed my co workers and me to have an impact in our community for what we do.

Pros

I love how you are able to keep in touch with family and friends who otherwise you would not be able to. Facebook has been a game changer.

Cons

The fact that it’s hard to get into an old account makes for some aggravation if you have been logged out of your account for some time. I understand the security measure

Easy solution for work from home during lockdown

Before this app working with co workers from a distance was hard but now it is pretty easy.

Pros

The best feature is that we can share our screens with our mates or co workers with that we can also video chat at the same time. It is really helpful for me to work with my associates.

Cons

Developers should make it's User interface more simple so that everyone can use it easily and quickly.

Its amazing social media app dominates its presence

I am communicating with my all social circle of life. Update my presence at anywhere or share my experience with community live and record videos. It plays nowadays very vital role in everyone's life. Popularity is increasing day by day.

Pros

I am connected with my family and friends by using Facebook at every corner of the globe. It has great features of video browsing, image processing and live features along with like, comments and share buttons make this perfect and easy to use for all.

Cons

I have never been found any dislike for this app till now.

Very useful for informal and formal internal communication

Very postive experience, I find it both entertaining to interact with my colleagues across other offices and informative as usually the information shared is still beneficial (even if not urgent enough for an email).

Pros

I like that it is very easy to use, I like the option for different groups and the possibility to tag people. Helps to decrease less important or urgent emails as some of the internal communication for us has moved to Workplace.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to preview some documents, especially PDFs that you most often have to just download to read.

Great for Division-Wide Updated / Meetings

Pros

Our company uses Enterprise as a way to publish our weekly stand-up across our ~500 employee division. Having this hosted through Workplace allows for real-time collaboration using the streaming feature and also allows users to easily access the video at a later time if the time does not work for the stand-up.

Cons

There are times where using Workplace on a laptop causes some audio output issues with live videos, but these are always mitigating when accessing through an iPad or Mobile Devic.e

It's Facebook, but for work

Overall our experience has been good and Workplace has been a bit hit with our user community.

Pros

The fact that it's built on the Facebook interface makes it extremely easy for anyone to use right away without any end user training.

Cons

Probably the biggest complaint I've heard concerning Workplace is the price as it is a bit on the expensive side for what it does.