WPS Office Logo

Cross-platform file sharing & productivity suite

WPS Office Reviews - Page 2

1,482 reviews

Gbenga S.

Civil Engineering, self-employed

An Affordable Alternative to Microsoft Office

I highly recommend WPS Office to anyone in need of a good office software solution, whether for personal or work use. With its affordability, user-friendly interface, and compatibility with Microsoft Office formats, WPS Office provides a great alternative to more expensive productivity suites. While there may be some advanced features missing or some aspects that are more difficult to use, the overall benefits and value of the software make it a compelling option for those looking to increase their productivity and efficiency.

Pros

I love the PDF editing features in WPS Office, which I find to be even better than other software, The most impactful features of WPS Office include its compatibility with Microsoft Office formats, its suite of productivity tools (word processing, spreadsheet creation, and presentation software), and its affordability. it is user-friendly and its interface is similar to Microsoft Office, making it easy to use for those familiar with that software.

Cons

I don't have personal issues with the software, However, I notice WPS Office does offer the ability to open and edit some Microsoft Office documents, but it usually comes out in the wrong formats.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

WPS Office

> Je suis très satisfaite de WPS Office. Je trouve que c'est une application très facile à utiliser et qui est très efficace.

Pros

Le marketing de produits Microsoft Office 365 est l’un des secteurs les plus impactés par les fonctionnalités et automatisation. Les entreprises qui souhaitent développer leur activité dans ce secteur doivent donc être prêtes à exploiter les avantages de ces technologies.Les avantages de la technologie Microsoft Office 365 pour le marketing de produitsLe marketing de produits est l’un des secteurs...

Cons

Le fait que WPS Office ne soit pas compatible avec les versions anciennes de Windows.

Showing original review in French. See translation

SE

Soufiane E.

Computer Software, self-employed

Wps office review

PresentationPriceExplore WPS OfficeWPS Office is a cross-platform office suite that includes word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and PDF editing tools. It is a good alternative to Microsoft, OpenOffice or LibreOffice suites.Among the solutions offered by WPS Office:WPS Presentation: the presentation software that integrates slides. It allows you to create slideshows, and other PowerPoint-type...

BE

Basma Ehab A.

E-Learning, self-employed

An office with you anywhere and everywhere!

I have been using this app since 2 years and it is really a wonderful experience for me. I can get an access to document files of any format either from any PC or smartphone. Also, it has helped me to maintain different types of documents .My overall experience has been great and I strongly recommend using WPS Office.

Pros

WPS office is a very friendly App and its well equipped free version makes it a perfect choice for students like me as it makes me able to have all documents in a single app with all different options of PowerPoint, word, PDF etc. So it's very easy to find out required document. It doesn't need too much space in phone's memory unlike other apps I've used before. I found it more practical and much more easy to use.

Cons

Nothing except the fact that the free version does not provide as many features for pdf like it does for office package which is completely free so I had to buy most of the extra features like file compressor, pdf handle tools, extract pages, pic sharing, etc.

Maaz K.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

WPS Office..

WPS Office is among the top notch office suites that provides all office programs in one place. It love it for its simplicity and light weight.

Pros

WPS Office is and inclusive software hosting all important office platforms like word, spreadsheet, powerpoint, and pdf viewer etc at on place. It has a very basic and easy to use interface. It has a widely used free version which is pretty much loaded with all important features and functionalities of the above mentioned softwares. It is available on all computer and smartphone platforms and works equally well on them. Its smartphone version is very useful in ordee to work on the go. You can access your files on other devices just by logging in to it with the same account. Sharing files with friends on different platforms is very easy on it.

Cons

Its free version provide somewhat limited functionalities in regard of PDF files, like you cannot create a new fdf in the unpaid version. Also it shows ads in between in the free version but that is something they generate revenue through to keep providing free services.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

WPS is the best alternate for Office

overall, I am satisfied with the performance of WPS. WPS can cover all the needs I need at a cheap or adequate price

Pros

I've been using WPS since a few years ago. I think wps is the same as office in general. in terms of form and function are the same. even when compared to that one famous brand, wps is the best competitor. because it can match in terms of function and friendlier in terms of price. for WPS presentation, it is superior to its competitors. and WPS provide free version for you.

Cons

I think for now I have not found the failure of WPS. maybe WPS is just not as popular as the other software. oh yes, if you calculate using the WPS spreadsheet in large sizes even more than 100 mb, my advice is to use WPS enterprise

RA

Ray A.

Research, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Cross-platform office suite with solid, but basic feature set that performs well.

I began using WPS during a work-term in China in the early 2000s and found it useful for working dual-language documents in English and Chinese as the software could easily handle Unicode documents that mixed English and Chinese characters. Overall, its a good option, especially for multi-language documents where you wish to ensure that formatting and language character sets are properly preserved and displayed.

Pros

- WPS performs basic tasks very well and without problems. - The basic version of WPS is free and is sufficient for many tasks. - The pro version reasonably priced for a yearly license. - Opens most MS Word documents and preserves formatting in the majority of cases. - WPS can open SmartArt diagrams created in MS Office. This is impressive! - Layout is intuitive and follows common office suite conventions so its easy to earn - Cross platform and runs well on Linux, Mac, and of course on Windows 10

Cons

The WPS official website does not state anywhere that the software is a product of KingSoft, China. This seems misleading and leads users to wonder why. The desktop version of the free version requires the user to watch ads to gain access to certain features. I find this manipulative and detracts from considering the software as a serious work tool. Performance of the Android version is marred by an overabundance of advertisement which detracts from serious use. Lacks some of the advanced features of MS Office 360, but this is forgivable as it is much less costly. However, there are alternatives available that offer serious competition to WPS Office.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Great Office Suite for home and office needs

Overall, I think WPS Office offers a great assortment of features considering it's free. Though it doesn't come with a complete set of softwares (like with Microsoft, that has MS Access, Publisher, etc), it is a loghtweight application that provides you the basics of any Office Suite - Writer, Presentation maker, and Spreadsheet. It also has a cool UI, even better than most other alternatives. Despite the few issues it has, I am completely satisfied with WPS Office.

Pros

When I started using WPS Office, I was a bit skeptical. But the simple interface and amazing UI won me over. My favorite feature is the single-window mode. You no longer have to switch between windows and waste time to take a look at your spreadsheet while working on a presentation. You can switch between single-window mode or multi-window mode according to your needs. I also love the assortment of...

Cons

I was disappointed to find that WPS Office cannot be integrated with Grammarly, which was a huge minus point for me. I have to open Grammarly separately to edit my documents. But otherwise, the in-built spellchecker is fine. Sometimes, when I installed the software for all users in my PC, it failed to show up on other user accounts. I also have had crashing issues a few times.

Osagumwenro Progress A.

Government Relations, 11-50 employees

A holistic appraisal of WPS Office + Recommendations

WPS office is among the power houses of word processing solution. The pros are quite exciting and the app is quite effective. I recommend it for all your business needs.

Pros

A recent update allows you to project your slides via WIFI while further allowing you to make impressions on your mobile. I guess this is one of its niche right now. It may be in another software, but I have no idea of it. The drag-up and drop-down tool on WPS mobile is very convenient to use, and it reduces the clutter that would have been experienced when you have so many icons scattered across the...

Cons

“File collapsed accidentally” is an error I encounter some times when I run this app on my android. I don’t know if its from my device, Kingsoft should look into minor bugs such as this. When I receive a word document on my mobile and I edit it on WPS, I cannot save at once. Rather, I am directed to a “Save as” page. I feel this is clumsy. When I close the app, files are not automatically deleted/closed....

oscar alberto c.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

The best and most efficient alternative to traditional Microsoft office

Since I have office wps both in my every as well as in the work, it is easier to access the files that I have stored in the cloud, besides that I use several services and I find it excellent that both the desktop application and the mobile phone have the necessary integrations for the services in the cloud, so that at work I can use the storage services and in wps and upload or download the documents that are necessary.

Pros

It is an alternative to Microsoft office that is compatible with almost all platforms and operating systems today, such as Windows, Linux, Android and IOS, which makes it an excellent alternative platform, it is free with some limitations, however it has two extremely economical payment plans compared to the office option, this is much more economical, has the advantage that supports all types of native...

Cons

What I do not like is with respect to the mobile version because despite having the Premium version installed it does not work full mobile version, I made all the recommendations and I still have the version but with limitations, I can view and open file but I can not make editions and create new documents, in technical support they have been good explaining me but I still have the problem

BB

Bollin B.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Powerful and easy to use WPS Office software

I use WPS Office to handle office tasks such as word processing, spreadsheets and presentations. It provides me with a featuall experience has been positive and I have found that WPS Office meets my office needs and increases my productivity.

Pros

What I like most about WPS Office is that it has the following features:Powerful features: WPS Office provides a wide range of features, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, etc., to meet my various needs in office work. Its features are comparable to mainstream office software and can easily handle a variety of office tasks.User-friendly interface: The interface of WPS Office software is designed to be simple and intuitive, easy to use. Both for beginners and experienced users, they can quickly adapt and perform its functions.Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Cons

Missing advanced features: Compared to Microsoft Office, WPS Office may lack some options and tools for some advanced features. This may limit the breadth of use for users who need more sophisticated features.Document Format Compatibility: Although the compatibility of WPS Office with Microsoft Office file formats has been improved, there may still be some special formats that cannot be opened or displayed correctly.Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

GS

Goran S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

An amazing office tool

WPS office looks great! It is the best of the Office alternatives I have found so far. It looks and feels better than Office itself, and that is high praise seeing how long Office has been around. I just love how easy WPS Office is to use. It is much cheaper than Microsoft's 365, it is much more beautiful and user friendly than Open Office, and it is an all around great piece of software. I can only recommend it to everyone.

Pros

It has a built-in PDF editor. That seems to be an underrated feature that all office tools should have incorporated. I also very much liked how beautiful WPS looks and how easy it is to navigate.

Cons

I could not find one single fault with WPS Office. Even the price for Business users is very reasonable, compared to the cheapest 365 subscription.

MM

Martha M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

An all in one document handling application

WPS has helped me to send signed business documents without pen and paper. I have been using it for more than a year now.

Pros

I like WPS because it is an all in one app. It supports word, PowerPoint, Excell and pdf. It is both a reader and an editing tool for all these file formats and it does the job efficiently. One special feature about WPS is that it allows for file merging and file compression flawlessly, which does not happen with many of its competing apps. Another special feature is that apart from the ordinary...

Cons

Fonts do not give the impression of being genuine on WPS. That's the only challenge I have faced. Otherwise the app is uniquely good.

Leonardo S.

Program Development, self-employed

O WPS Office, tudo o que você precisa

Pros

Uma das principais vantagens do WPS Office é sua versatilidade e a capacidade de navegar entre os aplicativos do pacote office sem precisar abrir um novo aplicativo específico para uma determinada tarefa. Isso significa que você pode trabalhar em um documento de texto, planilha e apresentação de slides sem precisar alternar entre diferentes programas, o que economiza tempo e torna o processo de trabalho mais eficiente.

Cons

A propaganda no WPS Office é relativamente baixa e que ela não parece ser invasiva ou prejudicar a experiência de uso do software. Além disso, o fato de o WPS Office ser comparável em termos de funcionalidade com outros pacotes de escritório disponíveis no mercado e ajudar na produtividade dos usuários é um ponto a seu favor.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

PB

Prabhjit B.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Premium Features at No Cost: This is the Best Microsoft Office Alternative Out There

Great experience, saved me a lot of bucks since I didn’t have to buy paid softwares like Microsoft Office after my trial ended. In addition, it works great and I never experience any bugs! Love it overall.

Pros

These days the entry level laptop’s don’t come with a Microsoft Office subscription and if you are on a budget there are chances that you might look for a software to get work done and manage your documents. This is where WPS Office comes in! This free software allows you to manage your .docx and .xls files without any issues! It has all the features that people like us expect in a document management software plus the UI is very simple and easy to get started with! Multiple customisation options make it easy to make your documents look good and it’s cross platform availability also allows you to manage documents on your Android Smartphone! Will definitely recommend, do check out!

Cons

There are no cons in WPS office. The only thing they can work on is ads on their mobile app because sometimes it gets too annoying. Other than that it’s perfect!

OK

Oreneile K.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, self-employed

Why WPS Is important

WPS office is user-friendly and it's an office in your pocket because you can access and do anything from anywhere.

Pros

I can view different types of files and convert them from one file to another. It's an easy app to easy app to use. After every 24 hours, the app deletes PDF data, which is useful for privacy. You can do file transfer and access files from the recycle bin in case you delete them by mistake. One more important thing is that it can help you scan documents and convert them to PDFs which it could not do before.

Cons

It limits some other tools and for you to access them you must pay a fee.

Halimatun Z.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good document editor for mobile usage

Pros

The interface design is simple to use. The software has a variety of typefaces and formats to appeal to a wide range of users. It provides all of the features you want, such as spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint presentations, and even PDF editing, for a meager price compared to other choices such as Microsoft Office. If you load a WPS-edited document in Microsoft Word, the format will stay unaltered. Using your phone, you may make changes to documents and then send them to your computer.

Cons

The most severe drawback I've encountered in its free edition is the lack of support for Pdf documents in generating new ones or modifying existing ones. The 1 GB of free cloud storage is insufficient for storing data unless you keep only tiny files. It is missing a few sophisticated capabilities for customizable formatting.

Sandeep T.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

The new Era for Productivity !

Pros

WPS compiles a bunch of features to open the doc, ppt, doc, exl etc files to the full potential. It is one of the leading application for the students as it is much handy in the mobile for our daily use. The way it allows to edit, share, view, convert and manage the files is so much good that we have to appreciate it.

Cons

The one thing i hate about WPS is that the featureful and perfect app only comes to the paid version. It should have policies of usage to students at much cheaper price. One of the major flaw I found in WPS was i automatically saves opened file which causes the space problem in much cases.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

WPS Office

Overall I really like this software and I have been using it since 2017 and has had no problem with it what so ever.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is free and it is about 90 percent close to Microsoft Office all the way down to the format. If a person create a document using WPS and transfer the document to a Microsoft Office software, the format will stay exactly the same. I also like that this office provides most of the features that Microsoft Office provides and the best part is, it is completely free to use for the home users and only charge a very affordable price for a business. I also like the interface of the software, the ability to download templates for free and the ability to upload the document up to the cloud is a golden experience.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

David I.

Telecommunications, self-employed

Great Alternative for M.S.Office in your Phone

- You don't need to have internet when using it and it works perfectly fine, you can save your data and save your work in your phone.

Pros

- This is an awesome software. - It has PDF, Document, Spread Sheets, Memo and Scanner. - You can edit it all is the complete deal with in your phone. - The responsiveness and the user interface is very well designed. - Compatible with it all. - You can save in your documents in phone or tablet, on their cloud, drop box, g drive - You can export as PDF - You can work in your computer the same files you are working with in your phone. - Email the documentation with ease or share it anywhere - The price is so affordable extremely good.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about this software it is indeed that good, maybe for the free version would be the ads but even their ads are not in your face and is understandable for a free version you need to sustain your service somehow.

Nnakwe F.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

My Alternative Document Software

Overall, WPS office has really helped me during my early stage of life and it's a good choice for someone looking for a free version of office suite. If you don't mind the high level of ads then I'll most definitely recommend this software to you.

Pros

One of the best things I love about WPS office is its availability on different operating system, I love how I'm able to make use of the software on my different devices.Another thing I love about this software is its wide range of file format, I'm able to save my documents in different formats and I am also able to convert a pdf files to a docx files and I think that's really cool.Lastly, I love how this software has a lot of document templates to choose from and customize, this makes it easy to start a new project.

Cons

One of the things I dislike about WPS office is the limitations placed on the free version, this software has a lot of nice features but most of it are not available to free users and that not quite encouragingOne other thing I dislike about this software is the level of ads shown for the free version, it had lots of ads showing up every single minute and that's a huge turn off for me.

Abhishek A.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very reliable in every aspect

We are having a very nice experience about this wps word office. We use it daily to prepare a brief data of daily expenses on marketing and campaigns, uses it to create certain documents required for company to represent to the public. Many such things are there where the word is used and excel sheet is used.

Pros

There are lots of things which i like about the wps office. The first thing is that it comes in very compact size compared to many word software like Microsoft and google which i have used earlier. But this comes in very compact size, which works with the same efficiency but with less storage. Then the other good thing about it is that this comes with less pricing and subscription plan is much cheaper compared to others. Their customer support team is much dedicated every time we need help.

Cons

There's not a lot to dislike about the software. I have shifted to it from Microsoft word office due to it's smoothness and fast processing time.

TR

Tiago R.

Airlines/Aviation, 5,001-10,000 employees

An honest review about WPS Office

Overall, my experience using WPS Office has been positive. The software is easy to use and provides a wide range of features that are essential for an office suite. Its compatibility with Microsoft Office is a huge advantage, and its modern user interface is a refreshing change from traditional office suites. However, the limited selection of templates and occasional compatibility issues may be a deal-breaker for some users. Despite these shortcomings, I would still recommend WPS Office as a cost-effective alternative to Microsoft Office.

Pros

WPS Office is compatible with Microsoft Office documents, meaning you can open and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files without any issues. The interface is clean, modern and easy to navigate. The UI is designed with simplicity and functionality in mind, making it easy for users to find the features they need.WPS Office provides a wide range of features that are essential for an office suite. It includes tools for word processing, spreadsheet management, and presentation design. Additionally, it provides a PDF converter and a cloud-based file-sharing system.WPS Office is a cost-effective alternative to Microsoft Office. It is free to use, and the premium version costs less than Microsoft Office.

Cons

Despite its compatibility with Microsoft Office, some users have reported that formatting can sometimes be lost when converting documents between the two programs.

CO

Chijioke O.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

PROS OF WPS

WPS office is a nice and very useful app, which is affordable for a lot of people. I honestly recommend

Pros

WPS office gives the option to open various documents all at once, therefore saving the time and stress of open and closing apps every time you want to look at different documents. It also leaves a green check on your last previously viewed document, saving you the stress of trying to look for your last opened document. Most of the essential features for your basic everyday life usage is free compared to some other similar apps

Cons

Trying to find a saved document on WPS office might be difficult to find for first time users.

GP

Giuseppe P.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Suite di produttività molto interessante e funzionale, ma non perfetta

La suite è stata utilizzata frequentemente per circa sei mesi, in attesa di poter acquistare altre licenze MS Office per l'ufficio. L'utilizzo è sempre stato fluido e intuitivo, i moduli meglio realizzati a mio parere sono il PDF viewer e il foglio di calcolo. Ho notato qualche rallentamento occasionale su attività impegnative e non sono presenti aggiornamenti automatici.

Pros

Facilità e velocità d'uso, interfaccia utente intuitiva, ricchezza di funzionalità, ottime prestazioni in particolare del modulo PDF viewer e foglio di calcolo.

Cons

Non sono presenti aggiornamenti automatici, può risultare lento occasionalmente in specifiche attività e non è chiarissimo il livello di sicurezza nello storage dei documenti.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation