WPS Office Logo

Cross-platform file sharing & productivity suite

WPS Office Reviews - Page 4

1,480 reviews

KH

Kareem H.

Computer & Network Security, 10,001+ employees

Best PDF Reader

I've been using it for my last year in collage as all the lectures were as PDFs so I was using it for almost a year in my personal life and for almost 2 years as a Sr. Quality in my company.

Pros

It's affordable and super fast when it comes to using the application on the PC or even on the mobile phone, easy to find the old documents, easy to search and find or even filter.

Cons

The most thing that I don't like, that it's not that much of saving the ram when you are using it but it's already expected as it has a lot of features.

RL

Raju L.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Your Go-To Suite for Basic Document Creation and Editing

It is a cost friendly product which gives direct competition to MS office products. It has a free version too but full of ads.

Pros

WPS Office allows users to share and collaborate on documents in real-time. It supports integration with cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. It also includes a built-in PDF editor, allowing users to edit and annotate PDF documents. WPS Office includes a large library of templates for various types of documents, making it easy to create professional-looking documents quickly.

Cons

Formatting can be inconsistent between WPS Office and Microsoft Office. Mobile versions of WPS Office don't have all the features of the desktop versions. There aren't as many tutorials and online resources available for WPS Office compared to Microsoft Office.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good & competitive office suite

It's a good alternative for Microsoft office with almost all the basic features.

Pros

When I use the office suite I don’t feel much different compared to the Microsoft office suite. It has a simple user interface which is similar to the Microsoft office application interface. The WPS office is lightweight and does not require heavy system resources. I used the paid version at the office. It provides competent templates that make tasks easier and even free users can be benefitted from a set of nice templates. Price is affordable and it supports Linux and Mac OS as well.

Cons

We noticed there are a lot of connections from user endpoints to the internet through WPS office packages. Most of those connections are looking for updates. But sometimes firewall and IPS systems warn there may be a risk with those connections and this is a bit annoying. Further, the WPS spreadsheet application gets freeze from time to time. Sometimes when you load heavy excel files to WPS spreadsheet entire application got stuck.

NV

Norman V.

Food Production, 501-1,000 employees

La mejor Alternativa para documentar

La verdad es que fue una experiencia agradable, yo no conocía el producto, vino integrado con una laptop que ASUS que se me asigno, la adaptación fue bastante rápida y dinámica, lo recomiendo completamente.

Pros

La verdad es que la adaptación a WPS es rápida si es que ya habías trabajo con productos similares ya que se adapta al mismo formato que maneja los paquetes de Microsoft Office.

Cons

al momento de abrir el documento de formato ".docx" con otros launcher de este tipo de softwares los formatos de los documentos como la tipografía, sangrías, colores de texto tienden a moverse o modificarse, fuera bueno estandarizar este tipo de cosas, ya que al momento de compartir documentación por correo mediante WPS puede ser un tanto peligroso que el documento se modifique al original.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

triyoga h.

Computer Software, self-employed

WPS Office is the best solution when you have to work outside the office using a smartphone.

I first knew the WPS Office when I was working in a multi-finance company, and currently, I still use it when I do business because, for some purposes I have to work outside the city without facing the computer, this helps me when I need important files from my employees and work in one time using only a smartphone.

Pros

I use the business version in running the WPS Office because in it I get full PDF support, even though the application capacity is small compared to Microsoft Office. and I made it easy to use this application easily. In the spreadsheet, the features used are also mostly for my needs, the same as when I used Microsoft Office and a format that is compatible with Microsoft or Google Docs and spreadsheets satisfies me.

Cons

To open a ppt file I often get problems, sometimes on a page, there are pictures and text that can't be opened directly, to bring it up I have to click several times one by one. but overall this application satisfies me, light and easy to use makes me not have to worry about opening office files wherever I am.

RO

Ricardo O.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

Use of WPS Office in the municipal government.

I headed a work group for the use of open source software in the public service by the agencies that make up the Municipality of São Paulo. The challenges were countless, mainly because of the fear of using the new by the public servants. People in general fear the unknown, and here in Brazil most of them are more adapted to proprietary software from a big brand. After several studies we came to the...

Pros

Intuitive design Easy to use Great alternative to MS Office Easy and available tutorials on the web.

Cons

Lack of advanced features of MS Office, at least in the free version of WPS Office.

Shahiryar K.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

WPS Office

I like WPS for basically for its mobile version that offers almost exact same amount of features as in its desktop version thus enabling you to work on your phone when away from your work desk.

Pros

WPS office is an exclusive software that provides almost all office utilities in one package. You can use it to read, edit or create Document, Powerpoint Presentation, Spreadsheet, PDF files, or .txt. Along with traditional office use you can also ue it to scan documents using camera. It also host a dedicated utility for creating resume. It is a ligh software and is available for all operating systems. Along with its paid subscription, it also has a widely used free version which offers almost all the vital functions. It also offers a free cloud based storage using your email id.

Cons

I do not see any problem in its paid version but the amount of advertisements that it features in its free version is a bit too much, though they are necessary for revenue generation but needs to be a little less frequent.

SO

Samuel O.

Computer Software, self-employed

Its Like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Pdf Reader All in One

I have been using this app for a year plus and looking at me still using it up to now, is a plus

Pros

I liked the fact that it is an all in one software comprising of all the essential functions one would need to create and/or read word,excel and pdf documents

Cons

It might take up some space on your phone, but its a must-have app, and anything else can go

HC

Hilary C.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

WPS

its very handy for people with no access to desktops and laptops. It really saved me the first 3 years at school when l could not afford a laptop l only had a Samsung tablet. I did my assignments, my power point presentations, everything l needed l could do. Its a great application to have.

Pros

I installed it in my Samsung android tablet as l was having challenges accessing Microsoft office which required internet and signing in. its very suitable for the android tablet, for any editing software, spreadsheet software and reading software l say WPS is the 3 in one l love how it is like an organised folder which when you open groups documents nicely, according to type date and size. i especially...

Cons

None at all. l loved everything about this application

Gregknowzzy E.

Design, self-employed

Smart innovation

This has helped me edit an emmergency c.v just at the point of interview ,save as pdf to reduce file size and send,can you imagine the magic. Sending files to my laptop with ease and having different saving option. Just check it out

Pros

Friendly software to use with little or no knowledge ,all you need to do is open it and boom you are ready to work.its a modern day software thats makes it easy to edit almost anytype of document you need ,with nice templates should in case you are short of ideas. You see why i call it a smart innovation,because it modernizes almost everything with fancy fonts,page layout and designs,even with a QR scanner ,wow!,all in one.you just need to have this,the phone application is great

Cons

To be honest this is one great application that meets most of my document editing need but the only issue i have is that after saving a file and then sending it for print on any other laptop, the arrangement will change abit,so you need to do a double check before printing.i hope this is fixed

MU

Mohammed Umar Farooq p.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Office Suite for documents .

One place to use the documents and edit or share from anywhere. Worth Trying.

Pros

It can be used to open almost most type of documents in your mobile phone and edit it with ease with many features. The spreadsheets is awesome. The presentations can be projected via WiFi. Mobile version can be used to access your documents from anywhere. One can use it to edit from anywhere.

Cons

It is costly if we are using it only for mobile phones. Takes a lot space and sometimes crashes as well.

RE

Rachel E.

Libraries, 51-200 employees

Good alternative when working from home

As I'm working from home, my workplace didn't want to have to buy all new licenses for Microsoft 365 and this allows me to open and edit documents and spreadsheets with ease and for free. Personally, I've taken it on and prefer it to Google Drive and its apps.

Pros

It has the functionality of most of Microsoft 365 for free and with the ability to open pdfs and other files. Although not a perfect one-to-one correspondence, compared to something like Google Docs, WPS offers superior performance and flexibility.

Cons

Not all the features are there that I'd hope for and it takes some time to find features that you are used to in Microsoft 365.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Reveiwe on WPS office

This office package is very useful for my office works and I can easily prepare my presentations and Reports easily with this software. I highly recommend this for any one as a long term user.

Pros

WPS office supports many type of file formats ,it is a great feature of this package . WPS office supports many platforms like Windows,Linux,Mac OS and also android. As it supports Android it ease my works I can easily edit and create new documents using my mobile phone easily. Here In this software it has free templates for each office program. The Writer supports automatic spell correction that feature is great. Working with spreadsheets and presentations are very easy with this WPS office package.

Cons

This is a good office package but there is one issue to mention when working with presentations and spread sheets the automatic spell checking does not work we have to check the spelling manually. I think that it should have a way to check the grammar that must add as a feature for this office package.

LN

Lonwabo N.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Is WPS office a better office suit product?

WPS is a money and time saving software, I can get everything i need just in one product, it is very reliable.

Pros

WPS Office is a very easy to use software, and it is very affordable to get. I can use it on multiple devices just in one plan and it saves a lot of time. It also has a PDF converting tool which is very important.

Cons

When using a computer you have to download different tools, for opening different documents unlike from a cell phone.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Work Safe with WPS

WPS has been good in keeping my office management especially to do with assignments, preparing and editing documents, exporting and importing data, and generally good for academic and project work.Secondly, the ease with which the software works is underrated. I basically like the investment that was put in promoting safety in that you can recover your work from the WPS cloud from any other device where you log in with your credentials. Secondly, the software has an option for coding and locking a document so that unauthorized persons do not tamper with the intended private information, is such a way that even when the document is shared, it remains coded and needs direction from the issuer.

Pros

I like the presentation feature most and its sub-features given that it has made my lectures, discussions, and project presentations easier and smarter. With the slide method and the good visibility, you keep sliding as you explain the concept.

Cons

Sometimes the software is not good for low memory smartphones as it keeps overpowering the phones causing them to misbehave.

MC

Maisha C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

My Favorite Office Software

I have enjoyed using WPS Office on several devices, including two computers and my cell phone. I plan to continue to use it.

Pros

What I like most about WPS Office is how I was able to easily transition from Microsoft Office to using this. There was no learning curve, the set up is very similar.

Cons

I did have a little trouble adjusting to the fact that PDF documents show up in the tabs with the .docx files. Often, when I am using PDFs, I have to edit them and that is easier in a different reader.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Best multi purpose app i ever used for my educational activities

Many of my day to day educational activities can easily manage with this software. The great thing is it requires very less amount of storage space for installation and operation. But it gives excellent experience to us without crashing.

Pros

This is the best app i used for my educational activities. It has multi purposes. Best thing about this app is it can read pdfs easily. Also newest version having scaning facility too. Powerpoint presentations can view by this app. If you having internet connection , you can directly translate document to another language without using any other app. If your mobile can connected to a printer via bulebooth , you can directly print any document too. Because of that all concerns WPS Office is the best multi purpose app i ever used for my educational activities.

Cons

If my mobile connected to internet , some adds are displaing while using this app. But they can be close manually. That is the only concern i worry about this app.

Animation, 1-10 employees

Why I choose WPS over other related products

Overall, WPS Office works best for me, I can get my projects completed easily and WPS lets me do that free of charge, accessing every feature I want. That's why prefer it over others.

Pros

I use WPS word, Spreadsheet and Presentation for Windows almost everyday for my assignments and personal projects. I like the fact that I can access all features I want free of charge. My Android device only open word and pdf file but ever since I downloaded WPS App, I can view almost any format and I love the "scan" feature on the App, it just saves me time to go to the internet cafe.

Cons

When it comes to word, I sometimes struggle to delete blank pages because there's no designated icon I can click for that.

SP

Sheena P.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Throw Away Microsoft Word

I swear by this software. WPS took the best parts of Word and kicked out all the crap no one wanted or needed. It's a smaller program and takes less memory and space to run.

Pros

The document software is extremely versatile and can open almost all forms of document files including your old Word documents (doc,docx and even xml), pdf, rtf, txt, and it's own wps file type. It also has it's own form of pdf reader and writer, powerpoint, and spreadsheet. The free version has almost everything you need for basic use and some business use. It also has a small device app that can be used on Android devices (I don't own any Apple devices so I cannot attest to its compatibility).

Cons

The free version does come with pop-up ads, but in a world of advertising, it is ignoreable, and easy to exit from your screen.

Rick B.

Defense & Space, 1,001-5,000 employees

Powerful and Feature Efficient!

I almost don't need to describe my experience with WPS Office because it has seamlessly fitted into my life and has almost felt like nothing has changed. It has all the features that MS Office does (bar a few useless ones) and makes life a lot easier for me by being able to share my documents.

Pros

What I like the most about WPS Office is that it has always been there for me since I moved to Android. Having WPS Office on my device, it makes logical sense that I have it on my desktop and take advantage of its amazing cloud integration features! WPS Office makes it so easy to share your documents between devices, and between people. It really takes a bite out of the MS Office Suite and could teach them a lesson or two on useability.

Cons

In many instances of using WPS Office, the various navigation options are entirely clear and have often lead me to do perform actions that were not those that I intended to do. This was initially a problem, but having got to know the software, it became really easy to use.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

WPS Office: All in one software for document management

I have been using this software rather application since 4 years. As it is optimized for both android as well as for windows it is very easy to manage your documents from pc and phone. It is all in one aplication which makes it more popular among users.

Pros

1. First thing sbout this software is it is available free of cost. 2. It supports any file format for eg. .doc, .xlsx, .ppt, .pdf etc. so user dose not need to use multile softwares for different file types. 3. Download and installation is extremly easy.

Cons

Most of the features are missing in free version so if you want to edit pdf, comress file you need to purchase this tools. Otherwise free version has all basic functionalities which one should required for day to day life.

DB

Dereje B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Work done easily

WPS office help me to do my business everywhere usage different device .

Pros

The software is user friendly, its possible to use the software in different platforms like Android, PC and Desktop versions are avilable

Cons

the design of the software is user friendly

Building Materials, 10,001+ employees

Best in class for office suite.

All of my office-related work is done by this software easily and perfectly.

Pros

Easy user interface. Users can directly upload documents and be accessible to different platforms. Preloaded templates make the user experience much better. The best alternative to other costlier office suite

Cons

Need to focus more on document security purposes. Need more add-ons tools to make it more, user friendly.

Faiyaz T.

Design, 1-10 employees

Amazing Office tools on the go!

Overall experience with WPS Office was good. Especially the mobile app is stunning. Great for working while travelling or instantly correcting any errors right from the phone.

Pros

Very easy Interface, great navigation, the mobile interface is so smooth. Great for viewing pdfs too! It also has sharing options.

Cons

Unavailability of auto spell-check integration. Can't edit pdf docs. No Automatic updates.

Aatif Khurshaid K.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

WPS Office.. All in one Office.

I use WPS for reading and writing documents and stats. I love its smartphone version as it allows me to work different file formats on the go.

Pros

It's simple to set up WPS Office and use on your PC or smartphone. It has almost all of the capabilities of Microsoft Office yet is very simple and user-friendly. It features a built-in PDF editor which seems to be an underappreciated function that should've also been included in MS office platforms. I really enjoy how pleasent WPS is to the eyes and how easy it is to use. Also file sharing through different platforms is very easy in it. Its paid subscription costs relatively low to other similar softwares.

Cons

Though WPS Office is an excellent Software, yet it need some improvements like incorporating more features in its spreadsheet. Also allowing to create a new PDF document in free version would be a great addition.