Microsoft Viva Engage Logo

Microsoft Viva Engage Reviews - Page 3

Cm

Coral m.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

La red social que necesita tu empresa

Pros

Hoy en día las redes sociales están presentes en todos los ámbitos, ¿y por qué en el empresarial no? Esta herramienta es perfecta para compartir documentos, crear comunidades y conversar, publicar información corporativa, etc. Y siempre con un toque divertido ya que se pueden incluir imágenes, vídeos, música, GIFs... Desde que la usamos, el teletrabajo es más ameno y la comunicación empresarial mucho más divertida. Además es muy fácil de integrar, descargar y usar.

Cons

En general, siempre funciona bien, pero alguna vez ha dado error al iniciar sesión, cargar o recibir nuevas notificaciones.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Gideon A.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Yammer Review

Pros

Company-wide communication: Yammer offers a centralized communication channel where employees can share updates, announcements, and news with the entire organization. It helps foster transparency and keeps employees informed about important company-wide information.

Cons

Security and privacy concerns: Yammer's social nature raises concerns related to data security and privacy. Organizations need to establish clear policies and guidelines to ensure that sensitive information is not inadvertently shared, and they must define access controls and permissions appropriately to protect confidential data.

MR

Marta R.

Sporting Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

La mejor red social para empresas

Pros

Yammer es una red social empresarial para estar en contacto con los compañeros, compartir noticias y éxitos empresariales, informar de actividades, etc. Es muy útil a todos los niveles pero en el caso de multinacionales permite estar en contacto con compañeros de otras localizaciones y ver cómo se trabaja en otros sitios. Permite crear canales por temáticas para poder unirte a la que te interese.

Cons

En general es una herramienta muy completa aunque echo en falta que pueda personalizarse más el cuerpo del mensaje incrustando fotografías pequeñas, por ejemplo.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

AY

Alexander Y.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

A Great Forum For Employee Engagement and Collaboration

Overall, Yammer is a wonderful tool that I am glad we implemented here. It gives the user a very social network experience that they are used to, while maintaining a lot of the wonderful features that you've come to expect from Microsoft. I 100% recommend the implementation of Yammer to any organization that's considering to use it.

Pros

Yammer has opened the door to many new connections and collaborations at Oxy. We've been able to create business-unit specific Yammer groups that allow employees from all around the globe to post data, share findings, and collaborate - all in one easy to use place.

Cons

There aren't too many cons to Yammer - sometimes you may get too many emails, depending on how many Yammer groups you are subscribed to. But these email preferences can always be changed at your discretion to limit the amount of inbox flooding.

Deepak M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Fabulous product for connecting people across the organization

Overall I am quite satisfied with Yammer, I get upto date notifications on what is going on in the company and I can reach people in different timezones quite conviniently through mobile apps.

Pros

1. Works well with Microsoft sharepoint and in general Microsoft platforms (Office 365). 2. It has a great facility of creating groups and share contents like documents, images and videos. 3. We can get notification for feeds across company regarding promotions, appreciations and milestones across group or company. 4. Specially in terms of events its quite useful to collaborate, organize and gather people from different fields or demographics accross organization. 5. It is available for mobiles too, across various Os like Andriod and IOS

Cons

There nothing such issue, in terms of usability across organization i have observed the below points 1. Sometimes many notifications can be annoying 2. In case of large conversation we might get off topic or lose track of topic. i wont consider this as a disadvantage of software to be honest, if we have proper workflow it will be very useful.

KR

Karan R.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

Fantastic for comms

Great experience with yammer so far no real complaints - it is used daily and will continue to be used to encourage communication across organisational communities and platforms

Pros

The ability to create instant announcements and add images, links, documents etc has allowed for communication across Teoh organisation to take place with ease and allows collaborative discussion where required/desired/necessary

Cons

Not a lot that is not liked maybe some additional features to link yammer posts together so there can be a thread

WR

Wade R.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Social Media Intranet

Yammer as a collaboration tool hasn't been as widely adopted at my company. Under utilization actually proves quite a challenge. I feel like this is the kind of software you could use every day or never use at all, and it really becomes incumbent upon the corporate culture to adopt it as a tool. With the current generational gaps at my company, it can be a challenge to engage either the less tech-savvy or the more jaded youth whom already live on several platforms outside of work.

Pros

Yammer is a fantastic way for employees from disparate roles to interact and share common interests. Often, these interests can benefit the business just as much as the employees. My favorite Yammer group is the 'Free Courseware' group started by someone who thought it would be great to compile a list of services that range from Coursera to MIT Open Coursework to Alison to W3 Schools.

Cons

As a social media-esque software, it relies on users heavily interacting. This can at time be distracting without any real guidance or weigh-in from management. If your leaders don't make a point to engage users on the platform it can quickly become a desert.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

As an internal social media tool, it's better than nothing, but still has a long way to go

We use it because it's what everyone has and it's already included in our package, but a lot can be improved when used as an internal social media tool.

Pros

I like that everyone in our organization already has access to it and that it's relatively easy to use. It has an app that many colleagues have downloaded voluntarily to keep up with company news.

Cons

I don't like the way posts will not be automatically ordered by "newest first" and that it's not possible to make a distinction between official channels (like the communications department) and every other user. I also don't like that the posts cannot be customized enough (font, size, colors...) so for corporate communications we use a lot of emojis to compensate instead.

ET

Eric T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

The powerhouse that is Yammer, how it helps my Business.

So far loving every day with it. My staff are joining up now and my network is growing slowly. The adaptability of it is quite nice overall it is enjoyable to use.

Pros

The fact we can make our own little secure tight knit community is amazing. We deal with some secure information so the info and document sharing within our secure private network is seriously outstanding.So many things you can do to interact and engage.

Cons

Don't quite like the community's feature. Seems lacking in my opinion, but I will explore it more as I evolve with this product.

NN

Nikhil N.

Computer Software, self-employed

Best social networking service

I love the wonderful way easy to understand Yammer is - its design and activity are natural. It's an extraordinary method for keeping in contact with partners, be modern on work improvements, and make private gatherings for companions or family so you can share fun encounters together. The stage additionally keeps inner representatives informed about intriguing drives that could end up being useful to them work on their range of abilities! Everybody ought to feel open to voicing any issues they have, as well - inside the corporate intranet, it works very much like online entertainment does remotely, making it simple to utilize thanks to excellent help gave by Yammer staff.

Pros

I like the facts and functionality is very effective. It fulfil the user need.

Cons

The requirement for clearness on how Yammer ought to be utilized makes disarray among our clients. There isn't an agreement viewing whether it ought to act as a continuous, multi-layered center point for discussions or proposition speedy updates and exchange about tasks and collaboration. This has caused trouble in creating publicity about this stage.

AL

Allison L.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

A Promising Tool for Internal Communications

One business problem we tried to solve with Yammer was to bridge the distance between employees based in different countries and to try to improve the company culture as a whole. Although some progress was made in solving this problem with Yammer, we did not reach all of our goals through this platform alone.

Pros

Yammer is a very easy-to-use tool for employee internal communications. You can use #hashtags which help drive traffic to specific campaigns and organize conversations.

Cons

I think that one of the downsides of the tool was that there were no opportunities for integration with other platforms that were being used by the company. I think that there were missed opportunities to integrate Yammer into our employees' everyday work.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Yammer allows us a very dynamic and colaborative communication

I like it a lot, we've managed to get the people really involved in sharing what they're doing, problems they face, solutions they implement, their personal and team accomplishments.

Pros

First of all, its included with no additional cost on our Microsoft Ofice 365 subscriptions, so no additional expenses. It's very intuitive, nobody needs to be taught how to use it. It has a very simple feature set allowing us to improve our internal collaboration. Thre's now no excuse for not knowing what's happening in the Company. We can easily do simple polls and congratulate our colleagues for any personal o professional accomplishment or event.

Cons

Of course, everyone expected it to be a fully functional private facebook, which is not the case, there are a million Faceboo features that don't exist in Yammer, and we don't think we need them at all. If only, a better interface for uploading bunches of pictures and organize them in albums, since right now we upload only selected pictures one at a time. Or we share links to sharepoint paths.

Real Estate, 10,001+ employees

Great Software for File Sharing and Communicating Across Company

This has been a great way to connect with fellow company members worldwide. I started using this as an intern in a group of all USA interns, and now am able to connect with other employees in my business line as a full-time employee. I think this is a great platform to connect company members are provide a platform for engagement across the firm.

Pros

I like that Yammer is set up almost like a social media platform. It allows you to easily communicate with various groups/ people across a company, with the ability to share files, collaborate on documents, spread ideas, etc. This is great for a company like mine, with over 80,000 employees worldwide, and allows you to join groups with other employees by region, business line, title, etc.

Cons

With the document sharing feature, it can be difficult to search for specific files. I think the organization of posts/ files is a little messy and it would be nice to be able to go to a specific "Shared Files" section to search for things, point blank. It can also be a little overwhelming searching feeds when you are in groups/ pages with large numbers of individuals.

ba

boubakeur a.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

"Excellent platform for creating a network with your coworkers - Yammer"

Yammer provides a fantastic platform for informing the public about company-level activities. We can inform people about events, updates, outcomes, activities, etc. quickly. Additionally, we can attach media to increase engagement and traffic. It is a valuable asset to the company.

Pros

The best thing about Yammer is that it allows for informal communications within the company just like any other social media platform. You can communicate with others through posts and images, and you can leave comments with your ideas. It aids in stress relief.

Cons

I am unable to disable email notifications in my situation. It is pre-configured with a default value and cannot be altered. I get between two and four emails a day, but I check those in Yammer anyway, so I don't need those messages.

GM

Glenda May E.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

How Yammer helps one to connect in the company community

I first saw Yammer in my work email, click it and then browse. First thing I can say is that, is this like Facebook? But when I progress browsing further, I said it is different in a good way. I can see updates from my colleagues abroad, first time seeing their faces as well. From then on, I open Yammer every day to see their updates and other company news.

Pros

It's like Facebook, we can post, we comment, and we can interact not only with colleagues in our country but in other countries as well. We get to see their country updates and news. We get to congratulate everyone on their achievements well. Good thing also is the creation of community, it's like a group we can create then we can share anything on this group.

Cons

So far, none. Everything's good. Easy and convenient to use. No problems encountered to date.

MM

Mmathabo M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Internal Social Networking

It has been great to engage with colleagues on the platform, since other social media platforms are blocked on the firewall.

Pros

It is safe and only authorized users have access to this corporate social network to engage and share latest news/updates within the organization.

Cons

Not sure if one can integrate with Microsoft Stream for videos. It would be awesome.

HR

Helen R.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Great virtual office. Our company uses Yammer and it is highly effective. I would recommend Yammer.

File sharing, communication, collaboration, organization. It is a terrific virtual office tool that I highly recommend.

Pros

It is very easy to use, uploading files is easy. There is a Yammer app for your smartphone and you can receive pushes to email as well as the Yammer app so you always stay up-to-date. It allows to set up different networks and groups for different things through your organization. It is a great tool to communicate and stay organized.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Yammer. It has so many wonderful benefits. I highly recommend this as a virtual office. It is low cost and for those that work remote, it is a great communication tool.

AS

Arpan S.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

One of the best platforms to improve employee engagement in an organization

- If an organization wants its employees to share topics, interests, or areas of practice, then Yammer is a must!

Pros

- The platform is simple and easy to use. Employees can start a conversation about any topic they feel like needs attention. Users have the ability to create public and private groups, share documents and videos with each other, and like other people's posts. - Yammer can be considered a social networking platform meant to be used internally in an organization.

Cons

- I am using the software from last 5 years and do not have any concerns. The platform is reliable, easy to use, requires little to no training even for a beginner.

TW

Thushan W.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Yammer since 2015

I have been using yammer since 2015 and it is actually like a break from work life.

Pros

It is a social networking platform that I normally used to communicate with my collogues and share information. Al employees can collaborate with each other and that makes everything very efficient I think. I use both web and mobile app versions.

Cons

Sometimes it shows contents that are not relevant to me.

Timothy D.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Incredible tool for professional use in my company

At this time, I am using Yammer every day without any problem because it facilitates communication with my employees. At first, when I started with Yammer, it was very frustrating to use it, since it was confusing and very difficult to handle, as I was using it, it was understanding and now my employees are happy with their incorporation for me.

Pros

It is a Microsoft program that does not only work with this operating system, it works with several without any problem, it goes quite well and is fast, efficient when it comes to sharing information and group works, since the information is not lost. Thanks to that, over time, he has been updating, he has several functions that are easily found in other social networks, which greatly facilitates messaging and communication.

Cons

Yammer does not have a filter or anything for some messages from other types. Another thing I do not like about Yammer is that it does not update your user interface and that is almost obsolete.

CS

Courtney S.

Entertainment, 10,001+ employees

Great for Communication

I have thoroughy enjoyed Yammer. When the corporate office didn't send me promotional materials that I needed for a new food item being brought out, I looked to Yammer for other managers going through the same problem. Thankfully, a fellow manager actually created their own promotional sign for this item and shared it through Yammer.

Pros

The best part of this software is the communication aspect. At my job, we use Yammer to communicate new ideas, concerns or questions about our everyday work life with fellow managers throughout the company. It's a great way to share ideas with people who we would have no idea exist without this software.

Cons

I honestly have not found any negatives to this software that I would want to change. Everything is very easy to use and it's nothing but a great product for your company.

LC

Lisa C.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Company Wide Message Board

Overall, this has been a really great tool for connecting members of our teams that we may never come into contact with, otherwise. I have been able to keep up to date on things that I would not have known was even happening without Yammer.

Pros

I really like that as part of Office 365, I am able to access Yammer from any device. Because we use Yammer as an overall message board, having the ability to create multiple groups has been great. We currently use it to keep track of what is going on around campus, as a way to send updates on programs that are used, and even as a buy/sell/trade group. We can include text and pictures in our posts to help with descriptions.

Cons

The one complaint that I have is that comments often get separated from posts and seem to just be randomly floating around in Yammerland.

Eric R. B.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Microsoft's confused Work Collaboration Strategy won't sustain Yammer

Yammer was awesome when it launched it I brought it to my company of 4,000. It spread like wildfire until corporate IT questioned its value and tried to shut it down.

Pros

Yammer has solid capabilities but its use as an option against Teams and Slack is puzzling. Only in some Microsoft leadership world does it make sense to keep Yammer on life support while Teams is growing and Slack just got a shot in the arm from the Saleforce purchase. The feature set is fine, but if nobody uses Yammer, then nobody will use Yammer.

Cons

The lack of integration with much of anything except Microsoft products. I'm not in that ecosystem so it makes no sense to use Yammer anymore. While Slack has a gazillion apps and Teams is getting more because of the clear Microsoft focus on using it (effectively) as an option against Slack, Yammer has been left in the cold.

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Pretty good collaboration tool

Yammer's value is felt the more its used by teams. If leadership doesn't consistently follow up to ensure employees are using it Yammer will be disappointing.

Pros

My company used Yammer to help employees collaborate better. Our older employees didn't make much use of the system but the potential of Yammer is great for engaged employees. The social nature of the product matches up well with our millennial workforce. Its essentially a business version of Facebook. Making work groups to streamline communication and give shout outs is easy and fun.

Cons

If you workforce isn't active on social media or appreciate those means of communication it might be a tough sell to get them on this system. Either way, implementing Yammer will take a consistent effort in campaigning for its usefulness if your workplace isn't used to this type of system. Yammer could also do better by allowing for more customization or branding by the employer to make it seem like an internal system. I have no complaints about the software itself.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Yammer social network

I use Yammer every day for collaboration with my colleagues.

Pros

1. It works pretty fast. Usually Microsoft products are slow but not Yammer. 2. It includes many features you can find in other social networks. 3. It works with different operation systems (I use it with Windows only).

Cons

1. Wiki pages stopped working a few times. I don't know why. 2. UI is pretty old. I think it should be updated.