Microsoft Viva Engage Logo

Enterprise Social Network (ESN) to connect and communicate

Microsoft Viva Engage Reviews - Page 6

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

My review about Yammer

Yammer brings employees up to speed with information, especially news feed , content posting, It helps to bring the best out of employees. For example in my company when you have an innovative idea, you post it on Yammer and the entire company will have the opportunity to analyse, and have experts to review for it to be implemented.Kudos team. Great software.

Pros

Yammer has great features. User interface can be customised to match your company colors. One of the best softwares for content posting, employee engagement , file sharing, calendar management, real-time messaging, employee recognition and so many more. I like the fact that employees of the same company all over the world can communicate and join video conferences and meetings in real time. Great security features as well. Nice work team.

Cons

I dont actually see any missing features for on Yammer. Maybe some new features to make it more exciting to use.

Arun A.

Design, 5,001-10,000 employees

Yammer, best social media Platform for Business!

The factor that puts Yammer over other public social media platforms is the safety of contents. Any privileged data won't be leaked to anyone outside the business.

Pros

It allows creating groups, share content and news across the business in an extremely safe environment since competitors won't be having access to your content.

Cons

Interface needs slight improvement compared tom other public social media platforms.

Furniture, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Social Platform For Your Enterprise

We use it in our company and it has been a really good experience, having this called Yammer is the "Facebook of our company", i can share my achievements i can check other people posts and sometimes there are interesting stuff regarding training and etc. I totally Recommend It

Pros

I like the concept, it makes sense to have a social platform for enterprises/companies let's say like an Enterprise Facebook or something, nowadays it makes perfect sense. It allows users/coworkers to interact, to share their achievements and to socialize within the company/enterprise.

Cons

I guess there is not much to say about the cons, but one thing to improve would be the UX (User Experience) design, retouch the design and make it more intuitive.

claude C.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

a good alternative for social network in business

We choose it because Yammer is integrated with Office365 and it is obvious for us to use it with the microsoft's ecosystem implemented for our mates located anywhere. And its use is convenient for everyone.

Pros

It is easy to use, everyone can use it very easily, create groups, create subjets, polls, announces, comment a post, integrate gif and pictures... Ideas, opinions, etc are shared dinamically with everyone.

Cons

Some features will be interesting such as streaming. Too many modern features are missing unfortunately . User interface is awful and need to be improved.

SS

Steven S.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Open communication across departments

We use Yammer to share documents and encourage inline comments to act as discussion artefacts.

Pros

Really useful as a persistent communication channel across departments. Personalised daily email highlights prominent discussions that haven't been interacted with.

Cons

The email digest could be more targeted and based around previous interaction or posts from close contacts.

Abayomi O.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Yammer Review

Pros

I have used Yammer Web and Mobile App and I can tell that it is good for business and students. I remember creating a group for student opportunity abroad and It really gained a lot of attention 2 years ago. Professional platform and lovely interface.

Cons

I was removed from the platform because I advertised cryptocurrency. I don't know why my account should be restricted and ban

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Social Media for your enterprise

Brings together a disperse remote team in a fun way!

Pros

- Brings together the company in a familiar way everyone is already use to with a social media wall. - Gamifify your team and wider company to get engaged with certain activities or goals - Share pictures and videos of company events

Cons

- Lacks in some features such as emojis and memes (which is a big draw card for using MS teams)

KI

Kevin I.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Great way to spread communication to large audience

It's great in general, I just do hope that other popular social media platform can be scalable to the enterprise, but I do realize that may add to liability and complications on the content.

Pros

Great, great, great aesthetics. One may always seems like it is a scam to get these messages, but with their appearance, I usually able to draw attention for a quick review of the content. You can customize the content and the layout fairly simple so that is a definite plus! Of course like any social media platform, it is easy to setup and have everyone participate.

Cons

I wish it has more customization and able to take in 3rd party graphics and layout. It is not a big deal, but I do want to keep the content new and different every message out there.

Ilia T.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Yammer - What is it good for?

When I did use it, it was ok. I did notice that the organisation (myself included) was very slow to adapt and fully embrace this solution. Probably due to the reasons listed in the Cons section. Now that Microsoft has MS Teams, Yammer may end up getting deprecated or rolled into MS Teams.

Pros

I liked the look and feel of this product. Looks simple, pleasant. Very easy to use. Integrates with the MS Office products (obviously). Certainly no complaints here regarding the design and execution from Microsoft.

Cons

The Collaboration Tool market is pretty crowded so there are a lot of others to compare to. When using it through 2012-2015, I noticed that while Yammer was a solid tool it was missing some of the nice to haves like Facebook like reactions to posts, gif library, personalisation options etc.

SA

Salvin A.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Yammer - The best corporate social networking platform

We are using Yammer for Corporate News feeds and declarations within the company. So far it served as an excellent tool for doing the same.

Pros

Yammer is an excellent corporate social networking platform. To share quick info or feeds to project team, Yammer is having an excellent potential.

Cons

Yammer can improve the ease of use in its mobile version.

LP

Luca P.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Ottimo strumento di networking aziendale

Pros

Yammer è fantastico per migliorare la comunicazione e la collaborazione all'interno delle organizzazioni. Consente agli utenti di creare gruppi, condividere informazioni e collaborare su progetti in un ambiente virtuale. In una azienda complicata e grande come la nostra è un ottimo strumento di social networking aziendale. Migliora il clima e la comunicazione.

Cons

La gestione delle notifiche può diventare un problema in caso di elevato accesso di utenti

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

NJ

Nurana J.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Outstanding Software for Collaboration

All in all, Yammer is a great software for communication of users all around the world. Collaboration tools are also very essential feature of this software. I recommend it.

Pros

I can share my knowledge and experience by the help of this software and also I can learn something from other users as well. Also, I can easily communicate with someone and collaborate.

Cons

Personally, I have not faced with any problems yet. I use it for collaboration and it works great.

EL

Eric L.

Information Technology and Services,

A private facebook for your company

Pros

Yammer is feature rich, with all the features you'd come to expect from Facebook included: Create a profile, add a picture, connect with colleagues, news feed, profile walls, add photos, tag photos, alert users with notifications, etc. If you're looking for a social network for your company this one does a decent, though generic, job. Also they have a freemium edition which has most of the functionality you'd need.

Cons

The main challenge with Yammer is getting people to use it. All the benefits of social networking in the company (knowledge transfer, communication, community building) can be real and valuable, but I've seen many attempts to create an active online community fail at my company. I think only with strong executive buy in will Yammer actually be valuable for a company, and all the great features Yammer adds can't fix this. We didn't have that executive buy-in and Yammer, Chatter, Flowdock, all failed to gain traction

RF

Rayna F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

“the cool work social media”

Pros

I love how it’s social media but for work.

Cons

I wish it contained more graphics and updated background color

UG

Umesh G.

Computer & Network Security, 10,001+ employees

Nice tool to connect with Group

Overall I liked this tool as it send me alert everyday if any new feed or comment come

Pros

This is an excellent tool to create and connect group and follow the conversation and People will get alert if any feed comes.

Cons

We can not integrate this tool with other Tools like Teams and and Other group apps so cometimes its hard to connect with other tools

AO

Anthony O.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Understanding Yammer

Solid experience but underutilized. Didn't take off in our organization

Pros

It was part of MS Suite package or so it was affordable.

Cons

No one in the organization didn't use it they just shared content in MS Teams. Also I think my colleagues didn't like the name "Yammer" it reminds me of Yams...

Import and Export, 51-200 employees

Excellent Platform to Social-network with Colleagues.

Pros

Yammer fits in perfectly as a social network platform for colleagues to engage across departments or branches. Some of the best things I loved in my experience using the platform is that it is generally connected to Office 365 services, making it easy to share my files from my OneDrive with colleagues, create spreadsheets with the collaboration with others and work as a team. Another great thing about Yammer is its I can choose how I want to communicate with its two functionalities where i can either create a chat channel to communicate with specific audience or a general section where i can post and all colleagues participate in post I make.

Cons

Overall is it an amazing platform, my only concerns are that it is not a popular application among many employees and also there is no way of controlling posts made by some colleagues. Some discussions may take too long or rather irrelevant posts cause destruction for some people.

rs

raphael s.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Great platform to collaborate together and share ideas

Overall great platform to share ideas and collaborate, but definitely would not pay for this platform, as there are free or charge platforms that currently exist.

Pros

This platform is almost like the social media platform we use in the workplace. It allows us to communicate better and share ideas and recognize those that do good deeds within our organization

Cons

After 1 year of using this platform, i am still trying to get used to the platform as there are things about the platform i still do not know or am aware of.

DG

David G.

Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 employees

Great for communication accross your organization

When we implemented Yammer I was able to communicate with individuals in my organization that I normally didn't interact with frequently. It is very user friendly and make communication and collaboration quick and easy.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, brings individuals together quickly, increases communication.

Cons

This may be a quirk of how it was set up for our organization and my inexperience with the product, but initially there was too much communication regarding issues, departments, etc. that didn't at all apply to me so I tuned out. Understanding how to use groups is critical.

PA

Paul A.

Automotive,

Internal / External Corporate tool that is wanting to be the facebook of business

Pros

To be able to cluster a whole group of colleagues and allow the freedom of social highlighting is great but not unique to this tool

Cons

The waste of screen and low ability to customize the content and appearance means its an underused and ineffective means of comms for us. its no immersive or enjoyable in experience and doesn't play alongside the general suite of tools

Management Consulting,

Business social networking at its best

Pros

It enhances communication via different channels throughout the organization. Any collaborative effort can be easily organised on yammer. The UI is really fabulous and I get all the latest feed in my inbox for any of the groups that I am associated to.

Cons

Though I really like the existing UI of this tool, I still feel that it can be improvised further. The content seems a little congested at the first glance. Other than this tiny concern, I feel that Yammer is great tool for internal communication in any firm.

Domenik H.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Social network for companies

Pros

We use Yammer as a part of our Office 365 subscription and it is a valuable social tool. Instead of emails, chat and other means it offers a centralized solution to enhance the social component of our company. Easy to use everyone who uses the internet knows how to work with Yammer.

Cons

The sorting of subjects and subfolders can get confusing

SB

Sandeep B.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Our official social network

Pros

We use this in our organization, and i think is awesome way to connect to all employees within our organization. the feeds and groups really help us to stay updated and be collaborative. I work with a virtual team and this really helps us post updates and documents on time, it's integration with other Microsoft office products is really good too.

Cons

Customization and personalization could be the way forward, the UI is good, but i would like to control which web part or theme should be applied to my page.

SM

Shannon M.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Yammer Review

My experience is neutral, I do not think I would go out of my way to use it, but I do not find it one of the worst products.

Pros

I like that I receive notifications for every post in certain yammer groups. It allows me to stay in the know for that specific yammer group.

Cons

Yammer can be very slow and have glitches as I am trying to use the software.

AC

ANDREEA C.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Using it daily as it provides valuable information

Yammer communities helped me a lot when I was struggling to find valuable information to finish my tasks.

Pros

I like the Yammer communities and the fact that you find valuable information. The search functionality is easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I like least about Yammer. The software provided me great information during my search.