Zimbra Collaboration Suite Logo

Zimbra Collaboration Suite

Enterprise collaboration and online community software.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.2/10

See full reviews by rating

What I like the best about Zimbra are its splendid storage volume and the mobile version. Our colleague has access to emails even when they are traveling or away from the office.
We can integration this suite with informative applications like Ted, IBM redbooks to view our daily feeds which is quite helpful for the people who are more interested in gaining knowledge.
I like the easy installation and the web administrative console which can be used for many admin tasks. The Desktop app is great and easy to use.
The update processes are complex, since they must be done in a controlled environment, because they can produce an error and place the entire service offline.
Hard to customize the installation, lost data when I needed to migrate to another server. The API uses XML-RPC which is not easy to use, JSON is a lot easier.
The read messages do not drop down to low priority, so if I leave one unread so I can come back to it. The message gets buried in the inbox.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite users...

cPanel & WHM-logocaret

cPanel & WHM

Google Chat-logocaret

Google Chat

Plesk-logocaret

Plesk

How would you rate Zimbra Collaboration Suite?

Tigran K.

Owner

Real Estate, self-employed

Typical email interface

Transcript

Tigran K.: Hi, my name is Tigran, I'm a quantitative analyst and I give Zimbra Collaboration Suite a...

Perhaps the worst productivity suite I've ever used

Transcript

Justin: Hi, I'm Justin, DevOps engineer, and I give Zimbra Collaboration Suite one out of five stars....

Free email service

I'm no longer at work where I use Zimbra, but I recommend it 100%

Pros

I met Zimbra when in one of my jobs they demanded the use of free software, which I thought was wonderful, I could not participate in the configuration of the service, however my support colleagues did it without knowing anything about the tool, following the manuals and the broad community that it has; the installation was a success, the next step was to provide users with their mail and a brief explanation of its use, but it really was not necessary since the tool was so intuitive that there was not someone who could not use it, we were all delighted with that we could access our mail from any device with Internet access, be able to schedule calendars and meetings, share email folders with other people, synchronize with any email client.

Cons

Few disadvantages you can have of a product like this, perhaps for those who managed the service could be somewhat complicated at the beginning, but not impossible to manage, since there was no interruption of the service at any time.

It is an innovative email messaging and collaboration suite. It is the free software solution

Pros

It is an innovative email messaging and collaboration suite. The powerful Zimbra web client integrates email, contacts, shared calendar. Another of Zimbra's functionality is connectivity with proprietary clients such as Microsoft Outlook. It is the free software solution

Cons

It has a unique password that compromises all services. If the directory server falls, we can not access the services

Zimbra Collaboration Suite groups the functions that I need in a software to plan and communicate

With Zimbra I have improved substantially with respect to task planning and communication with my team. In the same way it has allowed us to save resources since it is a free software that offers a quality service.

Pros

One of Zimbra's positive aspects is that it offers e-mail, calendar, contact book and tasks in a single software, so I should not install other applications to enjoy these tools. Its interface is simple, facilitating its use for anyone who uses this program for the first time.

Cons

I believe that it has limitations when it is handled from smartphones if it is compared with its operation from desktop computers. From the aesthetic point of view it could improve its interface.

E-mail made easy

Zimbra E-mail is very, very easy to use. Our little complaints are just nitpicky and isn't serious. We've been using Zimbra e-mail for over 5 years and have not had any major issuer. Our organization plans on keeping this service for years to come.

Pros

It is a basic e-mail system, quick, easy, great way to keep in touch with your staff.

Cons

it looks old, could look better, needs to be updated. I do wish it could handle e-mails with larger files. Desktop notification would be a great addon.

Great for small orgs that can't justify the cost of paid email suites

Pros

Great for small orgs that can't justify the cost of paid email suites but want the features that they may have become used to with Exchange/Outlook. The web app is pretty damned good, and the Zimbra Desktop app for Windows/Mac/etc is serviceable if you need to manage multiple accounts.

Cons

Requirement for extra apps on Android for CalDAV/CardDAV support as ActiveSync is only available in the paid (Network Edition).

Easy to use and full of features

I used Zimbra in my previous company and I liked the suite very much because it offered almost anything you'd need from an on-premise mail server. It also had some extra features like its own cloud support to share documents and files amongst users. The paid version also came with the connector for Outlook allowing users keep using their standard mail client application. I never had any issue to configure my email account on my mobile phones either through the MS Exchange protocol compatibility. It also comes with a rich web interface. Now it should also integrate a chat/conference and a document collaboration features but they were not available yet when I was using Zimbra so I can't tell anything about them.

Pros

Easy for the users It has its own cloud-like file sharing feature It works on almost any kind of device through standalone clients or rich web client.

Cons

Being Linux based it might be a bit harder to set-up and configure for Microsoft oriented admins

Its a good product with low cost on-premise mailing and collaboration suite!!

Our organization is based on Linux with end user using the same and we really don;t want to go MS Exchange option so we left with choices of Lotus Notes (Which is a very good yet expensive product), Novell groupwise and Zimbra. Having tested Zimbra around more than 10 years ago we choose this. It has the flexibility to provide mobile base, thick client and thin web base client. So it was good choice and we are quite satisfied with our decision back then

Pros

Its scale-able, robust, secure and low cost. Based on Postfix and other opensource packages it provides good emailing solution. All the included packages are thoroughly tested before included in release. With most of the world going to cloud for email for the organizations need low cost yet secure and scale-able on premise mailing solution Zimbra is a good option. It has very good Web base UI which is very easy to use. There is no performance issues. Visibility with logs is very good . Zimlets are very cool features you can add on

Cons

The support is a bit so so maybe because of change of so many owners of the company. The web ui can use skin option to make it look and feel like different email platform in the market, e.g. if someone is use to outlook or gmail ui then a them/skin could provide that

Great collaboration and easy to use

This is a great software that makes collaboration a breeze!

Pros

This software is great for email and overall collaboration. It is easy to use and has helpful features. This is a great tool to keep up with our teams and makes collaboration a breeze.

Cons

I would like some more flexibility in the customization of the email. It is straight forward and simple but I would like to be able to customize a bit more.

Powerfull stable and integrated email platform

Pros

The Zimbra platform integrates open source apps in a very stable email application, Administration web gui is very complete and easy to use. Webmail client app is very complete for our users and customers.

Cons

Being a ver nice email application, at least the Network edition must be more compatible with platforms like MAC OS, this would be the point that make Zimbra to win users.

Good for daily use

I am happy with the service, and would like to continue purchasing this service.

Pros

I enjoy the most is the filing style in Outlook is kept in Zimbra. I am an Outlook user, and I have several folders for storing the emails with project name filters. These filing ways are saved, and can be seen in Zimbra the website.

Cons

If the auto-filing options are available for the online services, that will help me out a lot. Currently, if I use the online services for a long period of time, the auto-filing option will be disabled.

Community Edition of Zimbra - High bar to jump but the price is right!

Experience has been good to excellent.

Pros

The open source nature of a sophisticated multi-node email server can't be matched. Free??? This is great.

Cons

There is a high technological bar. One must be conversant with LDAP and understand how to make that run to properly implement the server. It is not for the faint of heart technologically.

Good software to increase productivity

My overall experience is good. Actually very good in terms of value for money. I would recommend for others. Organizations that very big can afford others, but I think market segment for zimbra is different

Pros

Easy to organize things. I like the way you can tag and create a note for yourself

Cons

Sometimes it lags, maybe because I use browser based rather than the dextop app

A very complete application for professional use

Pros

Easy to use. Available to access anywhere. Fast organization and sharing. Integrates with several other tools.

Cons

The web application works very well. The application for mobile devices has some flaws, among them, the loading of some thumbnails of the files that take a while.

Great program for non expensive web client

Pros

Great for company that does not want expensive email web client. Does everything you want in an email client. Never had system crash and is pretty decent.

Cons

Not an exchange. restriction list is a bit weird. not easy to migrate to a newer version. backups of emails is a bit difficult.

Best and fast server for Emailing.

In short, Zimbra is a perfect tool to stay connected and can be used in a firm where you need to send and receive information. It is fast and you can send email to multiple contacts. Zimbra customer service is also very good.

Pros

Fast and reliable. Multiple options like attachments, font and color change. Sending email to multiple contacts at the same time.

Cons

User interface should be more eye catchy. Sometimes, we face trouble sending emails and page needs to be refreshed

Not bad, but not perfect either.

Overall, it's not bad and it's much better than having everything on google's servers.

Pros

It's nice to have the entire company on the same (non-google) calendar and email.

Cons

The server-side email filters aren't robust enough and setting them up is not very user friendly.

Good collaboration suite

Pros

- searching is great (as I remember it can search even inside archives) - good localization - intuitive UI/UX

Cons

- complicated backup flow - lack of mails management rules - lack of features in the mobile version

My experience has been very positive.

Pros

We have been using Zimbra for over 8 years and have been very happy with it . Good functionality for the price.

Cons

Our current version does not allow individual users to add/change distribution lists. This function has to be performed by the admin.

It gets the job done

I use it as a mailing service in the company, it was hard at the beginning but you get used to it.

Pros

Well, I believe that the most likable thing about this software it's the economic side, you can manage your mail like any other but in a cheaper way.

Cons

You can miss some features that have other mailing services, you get used to, but it's not that smooth.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite

My experience with using Zimbra was favorable.

Pros

Zimbra was easy to use once you mastered learning how to use it.

Cons

I had no complaints about using this software. I would continue using it but it is no longer an option

All my colleagues and I use Zimbra everyday for our communication and cooperation.

Pros

I like the implementation of various tools in Zimbra - I use mail, chat, calendar and briefcase in my everyday work.

Cons

Sometimes there are some glitches in Zimbra, but in most cases clearing cache and restarting browser helps to solve them.

Email but a lot more

Pros

Fast webmail, email functionality works great, Clean interface and easy to use. Also has the calendar and portfolio features which is great addons.

Cons

Search function in email can be a bit limited.

Personally, I prefer Microsoft Exchange email, especially for the download of attachments.

It really has not brought me many benefits since they imposed it on me as an email at work. I much preferred the presentation and management that the hotmail had a few years ago.

Pros

The general presentation menu is quite friendly to the eye., as well as its versatility to be used in cell phones.

Cons

The tricky process associated with downloading attachments compared to emails such as gmail or firefox.

Cannot imagine daily routine without Zimbra

Pros

Cannot imagine daily routine without Zimbra. I using Zimbra for many years and I'm totally thankful for this toolkit.

Cons

I dont think there are any disadvantages for me using Zimbra.

Helpful way to stay connected.

I have enjoyed using Zimbra, it took a little bit to get used to the format, but overall it's great!

Pros

I like that the entire Fyzical franchise emails pop up when I want to compose a new email. It is helpful to know how is available.