Zoho WorkDrive Logo
Zoho WorkDrive

Secure shared workspace & file sharing solution for teams

visit website

Zoho WorkDrive Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

Reviews by rating

WorkDrive is a super intuitive cloud storage solution that is very affordable. It's easy to use as a team and for clients as we share files.
I defiantly have a problem with Zoho WorkDrive.
Uploading a heavy file in Zoho WorkDrive is an extremely biggest challenge that I encounter. Moreover, I think that the customer reach of Zoho WorkDrive is a bit sluggish.
I am indeed unhappy with the user interface of Zoho WorkDrive. Often, I have to hunt a lot to locate the required files that I need.

DP

Donald P.

Managing Partner

Program Development, 1-10 employees

Zoho Work Drive Review: Zoho Work Drive just Works!

Transcript

Donald P.: My name is Don. I'm a commercial real estate broker. I've been in business for a couple of...

Yaco L.

Design, 1-10 employees

One of my best software discoveries

It has been amazing, from the start. I started using the default app, but then switched to truesync and it has been incredible

Pros

The disk quota you get while using Zoho One is unbeatable. 5TB for 35$ it's a no brainer.

Cons

The UI could be a little faster, but it's not a big deal

RM

Rexie M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

As good as the major software brands!

It is a staple of our day to day office life and allows us to work remotely as well as share files with the team when necessary

Pros

Very cost effective as part of Zoho One Suite, provides all the same functionality and security as the major players in cloud storage and connects easily with other software.

Cons

No real issues with this software, phone app maybe could be more functional but does all the essentials

PM

Peter M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Very disappointing product. The only thing worse was their customer service.

Very disappointing. Zoho Workdrive created problems for our business instead on being a simple storage facility. Would never use again or recommend.

Pros

It was fairly quick to use the app when out in the field to check docs.

Cons

It deleted my main folder and couldn't recover the information - months of work down the drain. Tried to call the number (no answer multiple time, left VM's to call me back - no call back received), emailed Zoho as per the instructions on their voice recording - received bounce-backs from the email despite checking spelling etc multiple times. ZERO support received. Also, setting up other team members is near impossible - we had to engage third party IT help with this in the end and even they couldn't set up everyone on the system - one director was unable to log in in the several months we were with Zoho - there was no fix.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Large capacity cloud storage, lots of features, small annual price

We are using it has part of another suite we subscribed to and it allows a seamless interaction with our favourite tools and software. It is also useful for sharing documents or files when on support calls.

Pros

The cloud storage has a very large capacity so that you can easily store a lot of files, there are very good team working features and everything seamlessly works will the rest of the Zoho suite of tools and software.

Cons

It starts at 3 users for billing which negates micro businesses and self employed from using as they have to pay for items they are not using. It should start with 1 licence as you might not want the team side of things just quality storage.

AT

Amanda T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

A great alternative to Google Drive

Overall we're happy to have a more affordable option for storage and team file sharing

Pros

It was as simple to learn and get the team up and running on as Google Drive was without the highest expense and distractions of Google

Cons

Everything in life has a learning curve so I can't fault the software but it took a few hours to adjust to it from what we'd been using

Christian Aristizabal -.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

An excellent service

I like a lot because your information is always secure and your backups are always there

Pros

It is very useful and easy to use and it is fast

Cons

It does not have a great collaboration experience between users

Alejandro Enrique M.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

The safest place to host your company's data in the cloud

As a touch company we have vital information about our nature of business such as customer names, locations, emails, number of items and assets of our organization and very sensitive legal documentation which requires a highly secure space but at the same time accessible from anywhere in the world, Zoho Workdrive provides all these functionalities adding capable of security to our information, encourages team work allowing access to shared files according to the roles granted, this far exceeds the traditional way of working as it does not limit the group to be in a specific graphic space, Zoho Workdrive is then one of the best alternatives and the most complete of the segment.

Pros

If we talk in terms of collaboration we must bring as a reference Zoho Workdrive as it is perhaps the tool that is a step ahead in the concept of teamwork; this space dedicated mainly to editing, viewing and collaboration of files and documents is located in the cloud under high standards of data protection (encryption and double authentication MFA) which makes this a safe space for our information avoiding intrusions and losses of it, A very useful feature is the direct synchronization in our desktop computers creating a direct link as a local PC drive where I can host the files to share and these in real time are synchronized with our space in the cloud, simply a very complete and forward-looking alternative.

Cons

At the moment there are more benefits that we have obtained from the tool than negative points, initially we did not count that the 5 TB space was shared for the whole team but with the optimal use of the resources we have managed to manage this space complementing it with the other tools of the Zoho suite.

Alex P.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Zoho Workdrive, secure space to store, organize and manage files.

Zoho WorkDrive has allowed us to store and manage all our files and documents in a centralized way, facilitating collaboration with our work team on various files and documents. Thanks to the security measures provided by Zoho WorkDrive, we can perform our daily tasks with total confidence and without having to worry about our information being breached, really the experience has been very encouraging and beneficial, also its almost seamless integration with other native tools that we use daily have allowed the experience to be even more positive.

Pros

Zoho Workdrive is an exceptional shared space that allows us to exchange files and documents of various formats easily, efficiently and securely. We use it mainly for cloud storage and management of our essential files and documents. In addition, it allows us to have our information well organized by creating and classifying specific folders, thus helping us to find them easily. Zoho Workdrive facilitates...

Cons

The only aspect that I don't like about Zoho Workdrive and that causes me great impatience is the moment I try to download large files. The process tends to be very slow and often takes a long time. In most cases, this creates many inconveniences, such as the file not downloading at all or the process stalling halfway and not completing, forcing me to repeat the attempt. In the worst case, the tool may even crash.

Mark H.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

How To Take The Headache Out Of Driving Your Team.

My team really benefits from TeamDrive for all the reasons mentioned above. My experience with TeamDrive overall has been really good. The current Zoho TeamDrive support team is swift, to the point and friendly if you have a question of any kind. I have autism and am sometimes not that quick on the uptake, the team has been, and still is, really patient with me. Thanks team Zoho.

Pros

Having tried many tools out there, I can now say that I finally found an outstanding solution in Zoho Team Drive that suits and benefits my team. What did it for me are the instant notifications, no longer having to send files as attachments, the draft functionality is really handy. Separation of private and public space is included, which is not a given with other products I tested. What I liked most...

Cons

What I like the least about this software is fair but always hard to answer the question. Obviously, I like the software and would suggest everyone give it a try. What it is currently lacking but I know it is coming, so not an issue for me is what would be described as "Infinite Sync" that would make it possible to access your files in TeamDrive without them being physically on your computer. I think everyone would agree that is an awesome feature, coming to your TeamDrive in the near future. Can't wait for that one!

Hi Mark, Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful and detailed review, and for highlighting all the important features of the product for everyone. We're glad that you love the product and our customer support. As a beta customer, your continuous feedback has played a crucial role in making WorkDrive what it is today. Best, Zoho WorkDrive

WT

Weronika T.

Furniture, 201-500 employees

Zoho WorkDrive

My experience with Zoho WorkDrive has been positive, as it provided a collaborative and efficient platform for file sharing and document management. While there were some limitations in storage capacity and occasional syncing issues, it greatly facilitated teamwork and streamlined file access.

Pros

One aspect I liked most about Zoho WorkDrive was its seamless collaboration features, allowing team members to work together on documents in real-time and easily share files. The integration with other Zoho applications, such as Zoho Docs and Zoho Projects, further enhanced productivity and workflow efficiency.

Cons

One drawback I experienced with Zoho WorkDrive was the limited storage capacity in the lower-tier plans, which could be a constraint for businesses with extensive file storage needs. Additionally, the file syncing process could occasionally be slow or unreliable, leading to delays in accessing updated files.

David L.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Work Drive for office cloud storage

we save all of our documents for interoffice use

Pros

within the Zoho suite of products it works fantastic

Cons

can not save everyday documents in the work drive easily it is slightly more difficult that other could drives in that manner

KN

Kevin N.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Zoho Work drive - Better than Google

Overall it is a good option for people looking to get away from Google's dominance.

Pros

Zoho has really worked to be a good alternative to using Google which had become overly dominant.

Cons

Some features are quite unnecessary while others are necessary but overpriced.

Sanchita A.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Collaboration tool for professionals.

Zoho WorkDrive really a must need tool to manage the teams. The password protection for links and expiry enchnace the security one level up. The unlimited file versioning feature allows us to jump back to the any previous version of file. Two ways sync allows us to modify the files on the go and push notifications help other to know about the modification in your workspace.

Pros

Zoho WorkDrive is a collaboration tool to manage the files in more discipline manner. It provide the secure shared work place to shared the data and documents. The web interface simplifying user interface. Zoho WorkDrive is design in such as way which simplify the workflow in team and between the teams. Managing and administrations of team is easy to get your WorkDrive secure space with features like monitoring the activities and audit trail. Confidential data can be secure with access control where we can protect the data to get accessed or modified. Activity timeline help us to know the operation performed on our file.

Cons

Zoho WorkDrive is a fully featured collaboration tool but the only one thing I am disappointed with is the two factor authentication and dedicated account manager features is missing in the Starter and Team editions. As these are the most useful features which make the Zoho WorkDrive more robust tool.

Hello Sanchita, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We're glad you like the product and we love the way you've summarized the feature highlights of WorkDrive for everyone. :) Best, Zoho WorkDrive

Rodrigue N.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

A trustworthy and reliable alternative.

Working with Zoho Docs and Zoho Sheet has been a plus, even though the environment is completely different and takes some getting used to.

Pros

Zoho workdrive is an application available in the Android and Apple stores. It gives me more flexibility to manage my teams and allows me to share and store emergency information in real time. Security is guaranteed by industry standards such as ISO 27001.

Cons

Aside from the cost, which can skyrocket as the number of participants increases, I don't see any other drawbacks.

Gurleen K.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Zoho WorkDrive for file hosting.

Zoho WorkDrive provide the unlimited version of history with activities details that helps to view and restore to the previous version. The ultra fast upload is best in class. Integration with Zoho Office Suite help to view and edit the document like document, spreadsheets and presentations to edit the content online on any interface. Advance dashboard help to view the file activity, space used, pending invites and remaining licences.

Pros

Zoho WorkDrive is a great online file management for different teams collaborating together. Managed Team folder can have different level of access. Administering the Zoho WorkDrive is simple and easy as admin can monitor the peers activities and manage the roles and permission of files from Admin Dashboard. Admin Dashboard helps to get storage left details and number of users. File ownership can be transferred when an employee left the job role. Android app provide the push notification when any activities happen in your Team Folder. User can draft and schedule the publish time of the files also.

Cons

Zoho WorkDrive should work on Linux client so sync on server can also be configured. All advanced analytics option should also be provided in mobile application. Zoho WorkDrive should increase the stater pack file upload limit to at least two GB.

JA

Jigar A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Best cloud storage platform for small enterprises

It comes with a web and desktop version. The document folders and other team administration tools are located on the dashboard's left menu. For easier access, we may add label to important folders and documents. Many filtering and sorting options makes it easier to search a file. Additionally, files and folders to be shown in a list or tile layout can be chosen as per user need.

Pros

The advance features like real-time data synchronization, unlimited file versioning with user-friendly design and quick customer care makes it great cloud storage platform to consider.

Cons

It does not offer zero-knowledge encryption. It implies that anyone who is able to breach Zoho's protection might have an access to our data.

SM

Santino M.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Zoho WorkDrive Review

Pros

Zoho WorkDrive is an excellent cloud storage solution that allows us to collaborate on projects across the organization with ease. This platform has proved to be very secure during my time using it. Very easy to to navigate the workspace due to the excellent user interface. The ability to monitor and update permissions on files as an administrator is excellent.

Cons

No major issues have been experienced with the software so far.

Peter F.

Works Well on Its Own, I Wish We Had More Integrations

Totally good option if you're using the Zoho Suite and getting it as part of Zoho One, but steer clear for a while to let it fully mature if you're already using another cloud storage solution.

Pros

Very intuitive and user-friendly. Works just like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. The desktop app, after a few glitches early on, actually works really well (I'm on a Mac). I like how many options I have to gate access to certain files. It's really easy to get organized.

Cons

I wish there were more integrations, especially within the Zoho Suite. They rolled the product out over 8 months ago, and there still isn't an integration with Zoho Analytics.

SR

Sandeep R.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Best alternative for using local network drives

Zoho workdrive is overall a decent product for storing files and manage folders online. It is stable and has lot of important features. Although its not quite optimized yet in terms of performance.

Pros

It works perfectly in terms of collaboration. It has inbuilt office suite that allows us to edit or create documents, files etc. without having to download or use any additional softwares. Its safe and secure. It has realtime updates on who are editing the files within teams. It lets user control on who can access the files or folders. It works seamless even offline and syncs the files automatically when we are back online. Its easy to upload and share files securely.

Cons

Customer service is often disappointing as they take days to reply to the mails. It lacks some important features like two factor authentication is entry and midlevel editions. Video player isnt great and lacks few basic playback controls.

Ankush B.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Zoho WorkDrive: Files and Folder Management

Zoho WorkDrive is one of the best cloud storage tool. Helps in collaborating with team mates and peers. Easily accessible and affordable. Highly recommended.

Pros

Following are the Pros of Zoho WorkDrive: - Cloud Software: easy to access remotely - Secure and reliable document storage - Audit trails: easy to identify the changes made in documents with time stamps - Very well integrated with other Zoho tools - Helps in creating managed document repository with selective access - Helps in collaborating with team members and stakeholders

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Zoho Workdrive. But there is a scope of improvement to reach at level of Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive.

ag

aballa g.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

share documents with zoho workdriver

its has made document sharing and storage so easy for me

Pros

sharing files and documents has been made so easy with zoho work drive, i like it because its so easy to use with clean user interface and its integration makes it supper for use

Cons

The application takes a lot of time when uploading big documents and this the most challenging i have ever experienced so far, however the application is doing well for me

Steve M.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Abundant, Easy to Use Document Storage

We needed a file sharing, archiving and collaboration solution when COVID hit. Being that a majority of the users weren't computer savvy, we also needed something simple and easy to use. Also, since we are a small non-profit, we needed something that provided that simplicity at an affordable price. It was a tall order. However, I found WorkDrive and just marveled at how easy it was to use and it was cheaper than some other options. Not the cheapest, but considering the countless hours I have avoided because it is simple to use, reliable and always available, well worth it. Also VERY simple to setup and get started.

Pros

Very easy to use and just plain works. They're adding new features regularly. In just shy of two years using it, I have only contacted support twice. Part of a robust suite of products from the same vendor. Generous storage allotment and file size limit.

Cons

While their unpaid support option is a bit slow due to the time lag between USA Central and their local time, I've only had to use it twice in just shy of two years and each time the support rep was knowledgeable and solved my issue on the first try.

Denis N.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Our Awesome and exalted File syncing, storage and content management tool .

It has greatly improved our staffs work space by making it more secure and and more easy to share files making our work so efficient.

Pros

It seamlessly organizes and manages all our files. The tool makes it's so easy for anyone to search and locate a file through filters and location and the type of a file it is.Most secure documents storage.

Cons

It has been a very scalable software to our institution that has greatly expanded our experiences and we have not had anything to dislike about the tool.

DT

Denis T.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

My Appealing and Empyrean Document and Online File Management software.

It perfectly organizes our data and files and this has been making it easy for us to access our data.

Pros

It is easy to backup and recover files.Offers very secure storage for our documents and Files.It is very easy to transfer and share files with the software. It has a very user friendly interface that is very easy to use.

Cons

It has been a perfect documents management software and we have nothing to dislike towards the tool.

AS

Amit S.

Market Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Affordable and One of the Best Alternative

It has good integration with other apps also. For example- We use Zoho CRM and Zoho Finance Software. And It is super easy and much integrated with the Zoho Workdrive. In short, the collaboration with other software is also good.

Pros

The Cloud-Based Workspace is super easy and intuitive in terms of User Experience. It is well integrated with Zoho Ecosystem. Collaboration with the Teammate is super easy. It gave 100 GB of space in its Starter Pack, which is decent as compared to competitors.

Cons

Not any major dislike. But the alternatives (like Google Drive and Microsoft Workspace) are way too ahead in terms of features and security.