ArcSite Logo

ArcSite

Cloud-based construction estimation and CAD application

ArcSite Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.73/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Also the ability to display exact measurements and dimensions. Super helpful when needing something on the spot when talking with clients or coming up with a project scope.
The ability to draw simple floor plans was great. It was easy to do, and for the most part, had the shapes I needed.
ArcSite is working seamlessly on our iPads and the company was great to provide training immediately after our purchase.
It also tends to lag pretty badly when drawings become complex. It is also very difficult to draw an accurate ellipse, which is something I really need to be able to do.
My only complaint is that you cant used on the PC to Draw when I'm in the office.
Inability to write DWG files directly into ArcSite.

BG

Brian G.

Construction, self-employed

Best thing since sliced bread

I was a hard sell to select this software. We spoke on the phone several times before I signed up. After I signed up I spoke to the support team several times to get ArcSite dialed in for my use. It has been fun to seen many of my requests and recommendations being implemented. ArcSite has been amazing. I have not only used it for my consulting business, but also to design a set for Frozen Jr., designed a display platform for the Lego Hogwarts castle, and am currently creating a detailed map of a friends property.

Pros

1, Ease and speed of functionality. I instantly reduced my work time on a job site from 90 minutes to 15 minutes. 2, Ever increasing functionality. In the last 9 months the improvements, small and large, have been numerous and practical. 3, Adaptability. My usage is for an area ArcSite never anticipated. This has not created any issues, In fact it has allowed me to create a distinct, practical and fun platform.

Cons

The only "complaint" I have is the inability to create a custom line type beyond the established solid and dashed lines.

LH

Lonny H.

Performing Arts, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great product. Great Power. Good flexibility

Pros

What a powerfully intuitive tool. I am not the typical user as I am a classroom theatre teacher. I have a background in scenic design and worked with AutoCad and other products in my training. I have no use for those monster programs, but this is absolutely so easy to knock out the plans and quick sketches that I use daily. I find it easier to conduct my day to day drafting needs without all the fuss of some of the programs that have all those bells and whistles. It gets to the point and is intuitive enough to start easily. A beginner can feel empowered and a person with tons of experience with other CAD experience will find that it is flexible enough for most of their day to day needs. Drawings are easily exported and it aids in communication down the line.

Cons

The price is my my biggest issue. As a teacher and a single user, it is a bit prohibitive. The basics are great, but if I would like to play with some of the other features in the higher priced packages, those are definitely out of my league.

JH

Jeff H.

Clunky software

Pros

Drawing shapes with the software with the recognition tool was easy to use when first starting the app.

Cons

This software is a disappointment. It is not easy to take measures and transfer your data when and where you need it. Needs a lot of work on the bugs. The app crashes a lot. It's not good to use for to collaborate important data with your team. I would look into a better app like plan grid.

Hi Jeff, Sorry to hear that you had such a bad trial experience with our tool. There is nothing more important to us than making sure folks always have seamless, smooth and valuable usage. We recently experienced some stability issues due to the iOS upgrades and are currently working on that. I am not exactly sure if that's the same bug you were seeing or a new issue. As we weren't able to find you in our customer list, if you could reach me at support@arctuition.com or by phone 1 888 266 1843, I'd love to work with you to resolve the problem. If you don¿t have the time or inclination to do so, I totally understand. We do thank you for trying us out. Regards, Patrick Caldwell Customer Success

Jon O.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Great product with ease of use

ArcSite has been my main app for staircase take off and will remain so. Customer service is more than helpful and provides great support.

Pros

Export to CAD files and PDF, ease of calibration on plans, excellent customer support and regular updates with new features

Cons

The fact that I have 3 tools using this software by me, logs me out since I only have 1 licence. Depending on need, I may use one of my 2 iPads or my iPhone. It would be great if we could stay logged in all tools.

Hi Jon, Thanks for the review and the feedback. Sorry for the frustration. I will share this with the team. Patrick

PS

Peter S.

Best and Simple Design Software

Pros

This software is: 1. Easy to Learn 2. Affordable to use 3. Looks Professional 4. Great Customer Service 5. Fast to complete I would highly recommend to any contractor that needs to make there own simple designs that want them to look better than graph paper sketches.

Cons

I wish the designs would automatically upload to the cloud and that we did not have to do that ourselves

MM

Michael M.

A Great Product

We have solved a disconnect between Estimating and Production. Production no longer has to rely on hand-drawn diagrams and now know exactly where to put repairs.

Pros

The best feature of this app is the ease of use. It takes only minutes to make a drawing or diagram on the job site. Being able to share the projects between my team is a huge advantage also.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like, but if I had to pick one it is the way the Shapes Menu stays on the screen after you select a shape to use.

Hi Michael, Thanks for the nice review and the improvement suggestion. Regards, Patrick

CD

Collin D.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Confidence through accuracy!

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy and user friendly it is. ArcSite has greatly helped my confidence learning more structural work. I am so accurate with all my drawings and measurements that our engineers in our office can look at everything and help answer any questions I ever have if needed. It's awesome how this software's accuracy allows them to help me without even being there on the job site. It's incredible! This software has tremendously helped my career.

Cons

A few things could be added to make it more efficient but overall its amazing.

Hi Collin, Thanks for the nice review. Patrick

Jon O.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great app that keeps improving

Some issues have happened with the Software but customer service is easy to reach and they get on the issues right away.

Pros

I use it for my staircase measurements and with the ability to use layers, I can literally have all of the information required with ease. Once my stairwell has been taken, I have everything i need.

Cons

Some of the lines get linked and if you modify a measurement, sometimes it changes the ratio and other measures without noticing.

Hi Jon, Great to hear from you. Thanks for writing in here with your thoughts. Good news is that we added a way to not have the Con you have listed. I will also reach out directly via email, but the short answer here is to go to Settings and toggle off Smart Dimensioning.

DB

Dan B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

ArcSite 5 Star

Extremely happy

Pros

I originally used ArcSite for on-site drawings and take-offs. Since then I transfer all my drawings using the DXF export straight into my CNC machine. Once I worked out the correct layering and a few little tips to assist with the export, it works perfectly. The ease of doing this on my iPad with my pencil is a pleasure. I can not fault this app.

Cons

Happy with everything. I honestly can’t fault the app for my purpose.

CH

Chad H.

Outstanding design platform

The online support has been very responsive and great to work with.

Pros

Great product to draw 2D drawings Very simple to use. We use these drawings for our CNC Plasma as well as fabrication drawings

Cons

No 3D option No text don’t options More options on spirals and machining

Hi Chad, Good to hear from you. I will reach out to drill into those Cons, as I want to better understand them. Regards, Patrick

DE

DARCY E.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Great, but...

Pros

For more than 20 years prior to using this app I took field notes the old fashioned way... in a field book (4-5/8" x 7-1/4") with a pencil. With limitless palette size, saved shapes, colors and snap-to lines, my notes have improved exponentially... However (continued below)

Cons

... the time it takes has increased, often dramatically. This is directly the result of the limitations I've discovered using this app all day, every day. The most severe issues are the lack of a default tangency when drawing a curve from the end of a line, arrays adhering to the grid (instead of a line), the error encountered when attempting to edit arc/curve data, the inability to apply text to a curve or color outside of a closed figure, the lack of an eraser (huge fault), and probably the most lacking of all is the absence of the tap feature on the ($129) Apple Pencil.

JK

Joe K.

Very useful tool, did most of what I asked of it. Replaced the hand sketches in the truck

Pros

Had all the functionality I needed to make quick, easy sketches With the ability to put photos in the background with a transparency I can trace all the details I needed before adding the new additions Rep at customer service always did his best to meet my needs

Cons

Can't change the direction & orientation of the anglular measure. Getting lineweights correct for export was guess and check. Doesn't auto save on cell connection. The dimensions are always in the magnifier Snaps are somewhat buried in the menus to change.

DC

Dani C.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Easy software to work with and great customer service

It easily gets files to and from the office and field with the mark up made. It stores all our files for easy use.

Pros

It is easy to use. It works well for what we are doing. And customer service is usually pretty fast about getting bugs fixed.

Cons

I wish it wasn't so expensive but I guess it is worth it when the developers work with you on making it a better tool to use.

WF

William F.

Great Program, Versatile for Many Use Cases

Pros

The ability to have it in the guys hands in the field where they can make adjustments to drawings in real time. This sames time, money, and errors. We also love the import and export functionality.

Cons

It would be nice to have a more robust portfolio of pre created shapes/objects and the ability to port them.

WF

William F.

ArcSite Review

We are able to visibly show a customer where their downspouts will be installed, their direction, so they have a visual to put together with a drawing. This makes it easier to follow and understand for the customer.

Pros

Photos to show customers. Drawing layout.

Cons

Making changes to accommodate all users within our company is very difficult to make happen and often comes with resistance from the engineers.

DB

David B.

it was been a great time saver and helped me to stay more organized.

As said in the earlier comments, it has improved my communication of my team.

Pros

I has removed 90% of my paper/printer use and has increase my ability to communicate with me team, both in accuracy and with color coded information etc.

Cons

everything for the most part is great. there are just a few things that I wish it could add, I have communicated this, and I know that some of these things are limitations of the ipad system.

PC

Peter C.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Easy to use drawing program that simply makes sense!

Great people and very responsive.

Pros

Easy to use and well laid out and helpful whether your doing a job intake for your team, a bid on a site, or a simple drawing for training or visual aid...it is just so helpful!

Cons

Just understanding the difference between a shape and a product and how to customize. Once i got it, it made so much sense.

DF

Dino F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Pros

Very intuitive, always improving. Good time-saving features added likedoor cut-ins.

Cons

Changes happen dramatically. Should put out a beta version to try out before full release.

Hi Dino, Thanks for the nice review. I will reach out and talk to you about getting early versions where possible. Love to have the feedback. Patrick

MC

Markus C.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

User experience of arcsite

Good experience for changing to paperless and can file all draft drawing in computer for easy review.

Pros

I like most is to take photos as annotation in the drawing so that I can easily relate the photos to the photo location.

Cons

1) Not all photos in arcsite can be found in ipad Photo app. 2) No slide bar for scale up and scale up the drawing. I wear gloves so that I need to remove the glove when I need to change the drawing scale.

EV

Eric V.

Security and Investigations, 10,001+ employees

Great design APP

This allow me to go from pencil and paper to a I pad on site. It made my job easier and faster.

Pros

The convince and portability of the app .

Cons

Nothing really. the app does everything I need.

Hi Eric, Thanks for the nice review. Patrick

BS

Bob S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Design

Great company to deal with , great response time

Pros

The best feature of this product is the ease in which you can duplicate parts of the drawing , when using for electrical schematic diagrams multiple parts are used over and over again the one touch copy and paste is great

Cons

Not too much at all suits my purpose well

SS

Shane S.

Performing Arts, 501-1,000 employees

great iPad drawing app

Awesome app with great support

Pros

very easy to create simple shapes and templates

Cons

It was too expensive and i couldn't get my employer to pay the subscription

pn

pablo n.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

great

Pros

Ease to use on ipads and transfer to mac

Cons

not able to import from existing autocad files like dxf

jg

jason g.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Software is great, easy to use and perfect for onsite drawing of floor plans, etc.

I have really enjoyed using the software. I have completely replaced my hand drawings and notes with Arcsite and it had been great.

Pros

Easy to use in field. Simple and auto insertion of doors, windows, etc. Easy to change properties.

Cons

I would like to see more blocks, and most of the time the blocks that come with software are not to the right scale. No way to close polylines and hatch does not recognize closed polyline that are draw. I have to alter text size quite often even on similarly sized drawings.

Jeff O.

This is a very useful tool and time saver

Pros

I'm a landscaper and design sprinkler systems. I like the ability to create reusable objects for my designs. I also like the ability to measure the area.

Cons

It would be nice to create textures and fill in custom shapes. I design landscapes and it would be nice to differentiate grass from rock beds, etc.

Hi Jeff, Just saw this review. Thanks for it. I will reach out to shortly as I would like to update you on what we have been doing and get some feedback.