BIM Track Reviews

Pros

It was very good Experience with this product and very strong customer support. The most important thing is my money value in invest.

Abdul Rahim Y.

Great company with outstanding customer service. I would certainly recommend BIM track to anyone in the Architectural, Engineering and ,Construction industry.

Brendan M.

Very user friendly, really helps bring everything together in Navisworks to help organize and implement VDC coordination procedures. The cost is also extremely competitive.

Charles G.

Cons

The viewer is still very basic and is not easy to use. Uploading IFC is time demanding and the automated upload was not working well.

Irena S.

It is somewhat expensive and every team member has to have it for it to work optimally, which can be an obstacle for subs.

Peter C.

The fact that there was no way of getting the status feedback from the clashspheres back into revit. They only reside inside of BIM Track.

Jonathan R.

4.3

Great software but tough market for it

Our company moved to Procore, and Procores VDC module came online while I was still trying to implement BIMTrack across the company. While the Procore VDC Model module is not as robust, it was part of the package, and we ended up cancelling with BIMTrack. I personally think BIMTrack is a better solution and if our company were on CMiC or some other solution for accounting and project management this would be easily a fantastic option.

Pros

Cons

Its standalone for the most part, its integration with Procore was helpful but almost a little too late.

Thanks for your response Charles. We are deepening our integration with Procore, so hopefully, this will assist your company in future

Efficiency

One of the biggest issue that is helping to solve is the communication accross the poject. With BIM Track it's easier and more transparent which helps to all decision makers.

Pros

Because BIM Track works as a community tool to highlight and communicate issues and allows a more immediate interaction between authoring tools, what i really like the most is: instant collaboration, accessibility & transparency, reduce issue management time and software integration.

Cons

It should be improved the online viewer as well as having an offlne version.

Effective and very needed application but too pricey.

I enjoyed the simplicity of its design and spartan functionality.

Pros

It's simple focus on creating and managing issues. No other distraction tools, workflows, or features.

Cons

The price. It is far too expensive for small firms such as ours to implement. As Detailers, we must communicate with many people on a single project and we run many small projects at a time. This quickly adds users that we simply cannot afford under your pricing structure.

Hi Gary, we are sorry to hear you find the platform expensive, We try to price it competitively, along the lines of what you would pay for Netflix or Spotify per user.

Excellent User Friendly Coordination Facilitator!

Pros

It's really easy to use for all types of users. Especially like the integrations with design and coordination software. Audit-able trail of issues is useful. API and Power BI functionality is really promising, as are all the other feature built in and on the horizon.

Cons

Online viewer only accepts IFCs, which is limiting when working with manufacturers or subcontractors who don't model in compatible software solutions. Solibri Sync-ing is still a work in progress.

Bim track in brazil

We used this internally. However, we had some difficulties in spreading it across other stakeholders due to the language.

Pros

Bimtrack was a powerful tool during the beginning of our business. We were starting when it came as a very useful tool to store and manage issues from our customers projects.

Cons

However, the prive aftar a year of purchase was too high for our business market fit. Therefore, we cancelled the subscription.

One of the best BIM collaboration tool in the market

Pros

I'm new to construction but I've been in the design industry a long time. But regardless of the nature of both of those worlds, using BIMTrack is a no-brainer. This tool helps collaboration from a broad spectrum of team players. It's easy to use and makes sure each member is held accountable to their assigned issues.

Cons

It's been challenging mobilizing this technology to the field. The 3D viewer is not as efficient as the big name out there. Our workflow as a GC relies on different file formats submitted by our subcontractor. Our files are not in IFC format.

Home run.

Before BIM Track, we had no issue tracker. After implementation, the issue count rose to 2000 in a matter of a couple of months. Safe to say, without BIM Track, it would not have been possible to track this many issues across 100 users. We also utilized the API in conjuction with Power BI to pull metrics.

Pros

Simplicity, versatility. Shallow learning curve.

Cons

No way to build workflows. Notifications could be better.

My review

I like that you can open/close issues, filter them and add reminders. It is a big improvement compared to exchanging emails as you can see all in one place and graphically.

Pros

This software is very useful for coordinating the various aspects of a design project. I like the option of making a screenshot and being able to mark it + the possibility of posting messages and making a report of the issues is also very useful.

Good Tool for Issue Management

It has been good. It makes the overall coordination process collaborative.

Pros

Issue accountability part of the software

Cons

It does not captures the image of the model as issue status changes. That will give an extra edge to the power of BIMTrack.

Incredible Coordination Platform

Pros

My favorite feature of BIM Track is the absolute complete coordination it creates. We are more focused, on topic, and precise throughout every area of out build process.

Cons

I don't have really any complaints about the software at all. The pricing could be cheaper, but cheaper doesn't equate to better.

Simpifies the Process

My overall experience with BIM Track has been phenomenal. The current features have been helpful with eliminating previous frustrations with the coordination process, assisted with cutting down the amount of time required for coordination meetings, and has streamlined the management of the coordination process. The customer service support that I have received has been exceptional, any issues or questions that I have encountered and brought before the customer service team via the live chat function has been resolved. On the rare case that it could not be resolved, the team has provided other options as a work around until a solution could be found.

Pros

Setting up and integration on projects was simple, the four initial training videos were very helpful to me and the project team. Having the, "End User" training after everyone had a chance to get familiar with the software was extremely helpful. The functions that I have become familiar with assist in streamlining the coordination process, from grouping, to issuing, and viewing the collisions in the native software or Navisworks.

Cons

Grouping clashes: I would like an option available to keep the grouping mode choices as long as I have the window open instead of it resetting to, "None" when I go to select the next clash test. I would also like to have an icon or indication that I have already selected the clash test to group so that there is no confusion on if I did group the test or not. Clashes to Issues: The 100 view limit on...

BIM Track Experience: Great software with big growth possibilities

Absolutely positive. We manage a 350.000 square meters project of a polifunctional area with many different type of building. We coordinate architects, structural engineers and MEP engineers with BIM Track. It's a really powerful software.

Pros

There are many pros. It's usable, well setted up, many filters to be able to catalogue every issue. Good viewer, fast and simple to use, also for our client with low skills. Also the team organization is well done, and the Revit and Navisworks Plug-in are what we need. Working on big project like we do, it's quite impossible to have the total control without this type of software.

Cons

Like everything in commerce, it could be upgraded a lot. I should upgrade the file tree system, the direct export of the issue in PDF instead only in BCF and Excel, and surely other small improvements to make the software perfect

Helpful easy tool for comunication and coordination

very positive, support is very proactive and they have a specific space for road map suggestions (https://ideas.bimtrack.co/ideas) which provide additional value

Pros

Easy to use for people that are not used to work in BIM Intuitive Exports and reports

Cons

Does not have workflows, when a user is removed from the hub and not the project, still receives notifications

BIM Track Review

Overall, very good experience in using BIM Track.

Pros

It's easy to use with the interface that it has. I'm a fan of its tracking functionalities as you can easily monitor the issues and address it.

Cons

Probably on the improvements on exporting clash reports and naming the header. Because there are some cases wherein I needed to create various reports with the corresponding naming format. But the way the platform has been set up, it would not allow you to do so unless you edit the name of the project to reflect that name on the heading. Also when I export clashes from Navisworks using export to viewpoints functionality, the clash points can't be displayed properly when you go to "View in Model".

Simple Clash Reviews

Easy learning curve, great at resolving issues. Easy to communicate issues.

Pros

Made my coordination meetings so much easier Reported issues upstream in a more effective way everyone had sight of errors.

Cons

software bugs, but quickly resolved by customer service team

BIM Track

It is easy to implement on Architectural teams and easy to use.

Pros

The communication tool that keeps the history of all issues and facilitates the coordination workflow.

Cons

The online model navigation could be better.

Bim Track and LTB

Really love the software, and proved to be useful during the tests. unfortunately due to company restructuring we needed to hold on the license buying. As soon as we unfreeze software buying we will get it on our track.

Pros

The ability to quickly spread information and keep track on every task with few clicks it is a huge plus. really liked the fact you can setup programmed uploads from Revit. overall, very easy to use, and the availability to customize every task.

Cons

it would be easier to implement in projects with teams from different companies, if the licenses could be bought by each individual company, and then be able to access the Hub setup by us. if my company has 50users, i would buy 50 licenses, and if the project requires 1000 users, each company would join on their own needs. not a Con, but a suggestion for improvement. I would like to be able to import Point Cloud files to the platform, so i could markup and address issues in the same manner as with the drawings or models, as well would be great an integration with Autodesk Bim 360.

Logiciel de coordination de très grande qualité et facile d'utilisation.

Le service client est très efficace et les connaissances approfondies du processus de collaboration BIM liés à la discipline architecture sont sont appréciées.

Pros

Les addins dans les logiciels tiers tels que navisworks et revit fonctionnement merveilleusement bien. Le regroupement des détections d'interférence avec NavisWorks permet de sauver beaucoup de temps en plus de bien structurer l'information. La visualisation des maquettes fédérées sur la plateforme cloud est facile et fluide.

Cons

Le transfert des modèles avec la version de base est un peu ardue ( IFC manuel). Le fait de pouvoir publier des maquettes en format natif pour partager avec les autres disciplines serait sans doute un atout. L'utilisation de copier/coller dans les commentaires serait également un atout.

Thanks Pascal for your feedback. The premium version does offer the ability to automatically publish Revit models and sheets. Glad you are overall enjoying the experience! Merci Pascal pour vos retours. La version premium offre la possibilite de publier automatiquement des maquettes et des feuilles Revit. Heureux que vous appreciez l'experience!

The best way to track coordination efforts

I was looking for a way to keep issues organized outside of clashes, including outstanding to-do lists, verifying work was done correctly or at all, etc.

Pros

Ease of use, support, functionality. Tracking all issues, not just clashes.

Cons

Can be a little burdensome to use if you do not have the settings correct.

Great for coordination

Pros

This tool is amazing at the beginning of the design development phase. Class detection is great with Navisworks but can be cumbersome when not every issue is documented there. I love that BIM track allows managing issues outside of the class detection and synthesizes them into one program.

Cons

3D navigation can be difficult. There was a learning curve with assigning numbers to new clashes detected every week.

Review of software BIM Track

It has helped keep a running log of overall project concerns and issues. You can flag something while running through then come back later to explore that topic.

Pros

Being able to add on the fly issues is great from all Auto desk platforms.

Cons

Grouping clashes in an effective manner. Isolating out elements to create Issues could be more automated.

BIM Track Review

internal and external project coordination

Pros

user-friendly, easy to load to Revit. ways to navigate on the web, creating and assigning issues in a team environment.

Cons

the offline application would be very helpful for an iPad to review and respond to issues on site.

Great Software for Easy Management of Multiple Projects

The ability for our subcontractors to use the plug-in in their authoring software has really helped us implement BIMTrack on all our projects. For our VDC team to be able to review on a high level what is going on, and provide metrics to our teams and the owners is invaluable.

Pros

Customer support is amazing! Whether it is the on-boarding meetings with your success manager, or the chat box on the website! I always get my questions answered quickly- with someone on the BIMTrack team always following up! It is also very easy to use, and we have gotten great feedback from our teams!

Cons

That the viewer only works with IFC files... finding an easier workflow for utilizing that aspect would be great!

BIM Track is a collaborative platforme open to everybody to manage your project

I let myself be guided to my registration to my first use. I found it intuitive. I droped my project with succes on the platform and then I invited my collaborators on my project . The issues work very well and the collaborative aspect of the platform too, which is very interesting for BIM . The BIM Track team is available and pleasant. We received advice from them, which facilitates our fisrt steps of the platform BIM Track.

Pros

The viewer and the import in IFC are very convenient. The possibility to prioritize issues too. The tool statistics is indispensable to manage your project. Business plans allow "small companies" which are BIM actors, to use this tool. There are others fonctions for "great company" which need more fonctions to their projects. This product is for all BIM actors, and allow to small and great work together with the same tool on the same BIM project.

Cons

The possibility to integrate and collect your data in objects from your projects in BIM Track miss. BIM Track could be link project to objects libraries directly. This link could be more fluid and useful for your projects.

A user friendly software that can enhance your design productivity.

It helps my design productivity and also my workflow more easier and faster specially in terms of collaboration, also its more realistic and we can visualized our work based on the actuak projects.