BuildingBlok

Construction Management software for SMBs

BuildingBlok Reviews

Pros

Ease of use and great templates. Vendor provides excellent training and follow up.

Gene D.

My customers love the fact that they can log in, see all the plans/specs and track their budget. It's a good tool that exploits the professional approach we take with our projects.

Brandon N.

We've used BuildingBlok for 5 years, and it's saved us countless hours by handling document storage, processing, transmitting etc. It's easy to use but powerful.

Andrew D.

Cons

I dislike the difficulty to backup the information on a daily basis.

Kevin M.

Alaina M.

Dan W.

4.6

No filters available

Save time and be organized - Professional management program

Pros

My project is tracked with Building Blok. I like that subs can view all the project documents on the site, submit change order requests and pay apps. It's been a great system and I can't image doing commercial projects without it.

Cons

Getting small subcontractors to use Building Blok is the only challenge. I will say that when I have a contractor resisting getting logged in, I just call Building Blok and they take them step by step to get them in the system.

Project Administrator

Pros

It was easy to use and allowed for workflow transparency across multiple facets of the project. The administrators could easily track how items were progressing through the approval chain for existing projects and subcontractors could easily access documents for prospective projects.

Cons

The project setup was rather cumbersome and would sometimes delay initial entry of the project. A new project required entry of the contract and subcontract information and was duplicative for our company due the use of an existing accounting system. Also, we had some difficulty with the management of the approval chain process itself. Some approval aspects just couldn't be linear.

Good Value

Pros

Cons

Help button does not address problems with navigation

2 Thomas College Projects

Pros

It's easy to use, and it was very affordable. They have great customer support. We were new to file sharing programs like this, and this did allow us to understand the pros and cons of using such a system, while not spending a lot of money.

Cons

I get the feeling that we were at the early stages of the product development. So, we ran into a few more problems using it than I thought we would. But again, all issues were resolved immediately.

BuildingBlok makes me look good!

Pros

Trying to run a construction project is like juggling. BuildingBlok is like having an extra set of hands.

Cons

It works best when all or most of the stakeholders are involved.

BuildingBlok Support

Pros

I like the ability to store all our documents in one place and to have direct access to all clients and subs related to a project under one umbrella. The support we receive on how to use and make corrections on this system is great. A phone call or email requesting help or advice is returned within 30 mins.

Cons

Nothing. Everything is right there at the touch of a button.

Great product, well thought out!

Pros

Very organized and user friendly. Coordinates the entire project needs from estimating, management, financials and closeout.

Cons

Nothing. I feel this product has considered all aspects of a project to encapsulate the needs to manage it properly.

It does everything we need it to do.

Pros

It's limited to exactly what we need, and there is not a bunch of useless bells and whistles. A lot of construction management software has accounting ability that takes away from the main focus of what we need in the software.

Cons

I dislike the difficulty to backup the information on a daily basis.

Great software to run projects

Pros

Cons

They are constantly adding features; sometimes it's tough to keep us and our subs up to date with new things.

Great product.

Pros

We like the easy of use. It didn't take long to teach our guys how to get the app up and running and using it.

Cons

We had some issues with the daily reports, but support is great and we got that fixed.