Bridgit Field Reviews

4.63/5 (137 reviews)

Geoff Whiteley

It has been a tremendous help, it is very easy to use

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Pros
Its quick, its reliable and automated. The learning curve was short and swift for users of all technical abilities. Photos are a big help

Cons
You need to establish a clear methodology for use by each project team which can make it complicated. Some items, like paint touch ups, as so frequent that it becomes time consuming to create a new item for each paint mark. If you create one item and list the spots in the description, you cannot close it until all items are complete. I think there are also some functions that are clunky, like changing users or viewing a list of items in the app. The placement of where you tap to access the lists are not clear to all users, so we have experienced some missed items until they were shown precisely where to tap. The final downfall, which I think is most important and would take the software to new levels is the adoption of multi-phased deficiencies. Items such as moving a potlight require several users to be informed, yet it would remain "open" on their lists until all parties are finished, OR the first party closes it and the remainder of the trades no longer see it on their lists. Staging it where completion from one trade notifies the next that they need to begin would be a major step forward

Response from Bridgit

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for taking the time to review Bridgit Closeout! You've made some great recommendations. Thanks for saying that our product has been a tremendous help on site :)

We've got some good news- we have a solution in the works for our iOS app that will allow you to add a deficiency to multiple locations. There will be some time savings for you with this feature.

As always, if you have any questions about workflows (or Bridgit Closeout in general), your customer coach is always here to help! Feel free to reach out to Danny at dan.mckee@gobridgit.com.

We appreciate you leaving a review!

Mike Cash

A very good punch software package

Reviewed 2019-05-31

Pros
I have used many other punch management software packages, but none is as straightforward and easy to learn and use. It is intuitive, flexible over multiple platforms, and best of all, Bridget takes care of all the notifications to subs.

Cons
There are some functional improvements that can be made to help the ease of use. 1) There needs to be an added approval stage for back punches. After a Sub makes a punch item correction and marks the item "Complete", there needs to be a way for the General Contractor to confirm their acceptance of the correction separate from the Architect/Owner "Approval". This is important because the punch team can be a different person than foreman who is managing the sub's corrections. As a manager, I need to be able to review if a corrected item is acceptable to my team before we conduct the architect's back punch. 2) When using the phone app, there are times when I want to filter by multiple types. For example, if I am walking a sub through a unit, I would like to be able to filter for a specific unit AND for that subcontractor. I can do this on my computer, but not on the mobile app. This needs to be corrected. 3) On the mobile app, a user can copy an item to multiple locations. This feature is not available on the computer version. This should be expanded. 4) When conducting a punch walk in the field, it is best to minimize keystrokes. It would be preferable if the app could be modified so that when a photo is being taken and added to an item that it only take one keystroke and the photo is added. Instead of the current method which requires you press "Take a photo"; then press the photo shutter button; then press "Use photo"; then press "Save" (but I don't want to save).

Clarke Hinkle

It has been very helpful in the punch process.

Reviewed 2017-06-21

I benefit from speeding up the punch process. Also Bridgit makes it easy for our subcontractors to see exactly which items they need to fix.

Pros
Makes creating and maintaining punch lists much easier and quicker. The user interface is simple and is easy to pick up which is very nice for people that aren't as tech savvy. It is also great that you guys are on the android app store so now anyone that has access to a smart phone can get the app.

Cons
Sometimes you have to click through too many fields to add a similar item. shortcuts would be nice. For example if I am in a certain room and I want to keep adding items to this one room it would be helpful to not have to click through the floor, location, ect. I'm pretty sure you guys are already working on this issue. but other than that I don't have any complaints and if I do you guys are easy to get ahold of.

Response from Bridgit

Hey Clarke,

Thanks for leaving such a great review! It's great to know that our product has been really helpful in the punch process (and in speeding it up!).

Quick tip! We have a field locking feature that will help save you a lot of time when adding multiple deficiencies. You can now lock locations, assignees, tags, and due dates. To lock a field, simply hold it for a few seconds and a lock will appear :)

As always, if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to contact your customer coach, Danny, at dan.mckee@gobridgit.com. Thanks again for leaving a review!

Brian Palmquist

A Great Tool for Contractors

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Much improved efficiency. I also use Bridgit Field for non-construction management such as research. It captures a diagram from a book just as fast as it photographs a site condition

Pros
Ease of use - takes less than 30 seconds from a cold start to photograph, locate, comment, assign and send a deficiency or issue. Even faster for multiple similar items with the pinning feature. Works in the field office as well as it does in the field- Project Managers, Coordinators and Superintendents can add, track, and close items from a laptop just as well as from a smartphone. Easily filtered- have you got a meeting with the mechanical sub in 2 minutes? That’s about a minute longer than it will take to create a report showing all their open issues and deficiencies. Works just as well for lists like open RFIs, submitter status, etc.

Cons
No Consultant version- the pricing is based on job $. A small consulting firm can easily manage a $20 million project, but Bridgit Field costs are based on multiple contractors, subs, suppliers, etc. Checklists need work- somewhat clunky

Response from Bridgit

Hi Brian,

Thanks so much for leaving a review of Bridgit! We love hearing that you've begun using our software for more than just construction management.

We also really appreciate your feedback ¿ we're always looking to improve our app and make it even better for our users.

Katy Robinson

Use Case: General Contractor using software purchased by Owner

Reviewed 2019-06-04

- For trades that installed the app and used it it was very efficient and enabled us to communicate well. - For trades that did not use the software, it was still useful to assign things to that person or company. We have a TV set up in the board room and they were able to come in on breaks and we would pull their list up on the screen and review, we would also print lists for them if they preferred. - Email reminders are helpful as they reduce the burden on our team. - We had an extremely tight deadline on this project wherein I, along with 2 others, spent my entire work week walking/running around the tower, adding items to Bridgit and following up with trades. Without this app I firmly believe we would have missed the deadline. We had trades following minutes behind our list updates rectifying issues, which cannot be done when a report has to be typed up and emailed out.

Pros
- Easy for subcontractors to use - Real-time updates and assignment allowed us to complete a surprising amount of work close to a major deadline - Insights tool allowed me to show a 'scoreboard' during weekly meetings, which motivated trades - Pinning makes data entry easier

Cons
- Hard on battery life - Filters tool in web app is very specific, but can be tedious to set up certain views. Insights helps with this, as well as saved filter groups. Filters are lost when you refresh the entire page - There should be a way to bulk remove an assignee from tasks, because we had multiple occurrences where someone with PM permissions made an error - When a task email is sent, there is no way to cc myself on the email. I would like to have the option to have this in my inbox so I can follow up. This also applies to reports, typically I would email a report to myself, then draft an email and attach it for the individual.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jacqueline F

You Got to Try Bridgit!

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros
I really enjoy the ease of using this Software. I find that the functionality and layout from the computer to the phone app most pleasant. Although they have different functionalities depending on where you choose to do your work from, Bridgit was able to give you the best features on the screen you were viewing it from! I also really like the reporting options that Bridgit offers. It even allows the pictures I take to be put onto the report in 3 different ways, which I find really helpful! Being a visual person, that's a HUGE plus for me and a lot of my fellow trades.

Cons
This isn't really a Con, but more of a feature/function I would love to see added on to Bridgit to make it that much more powerful for my workplace. I find it really helpful when I can view the tag from a suite layout view. Knowing where it is based on the tag I place and the exact location in the room it is in.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for reviewing Bridgit! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy using our software and that there's features that are a huge bonus for you.

Thank you for also sharing your feedback on our Tags feature. We're always happy to collect more feedback to improve!

Thank you again for leaving a review.

Blaine Kilmury

The overall experience with Bridgit was great. The product worked well in the field and the office.

Reviewed 2017-06-26

Pros
The ease of use in the office and the field were major benefits. The automated distribution to the trades ensured that all parties had current information of deficiency statuses. The search function on the web was great. The ability to create individual/ filterable reports on the web was great. The Bridgit team and support staff were excellent and always available.

Cons
The search ability of specific trade items on the app could use some refinement. The project did experience some technical difficulties with connection and access throughout the project.

Response from Bridgit

Hey Blaine,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product! We are happy to hear that you have had a great experience using Bridgit Closeout!

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with connection/access. Unfortunately there are no current plans at this time to update the search function.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to your customer coach, Danny, at dan.mckee@gobridgit.com.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Julian Gracia

Best app for doing punch list and keeping track of progress during - and after- construction!

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Bridgit Closeout has helped us get better at doing punch lists and staying organized. It also does the work of sending out email reminders to the subs, so this save a lot of time on our end.

Pros
Ease of use, the constant reminders it sends to subcontractors, the way you can filter reports, the way you can take pictures and mark them up, etc. It's an amazing app that helps the overall process of creating and closing punch items.

Cons
Nothing. We love the app! I guess the only limitation is when you have to teach the subs how to use the app at first, but after this is done, everything flows. There is even a PowerPoint presentation on the web site that you can use to help the subs understand the use of the app.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Julian,

Thanks for reviewing Bridgit! We're so happy to hear that we're the best app for the punch process and that your team loves our app.

Feel free to reach out to our support team for any additional resources or sessions on training your subcontractors and trades.

Kyle Deuschle

Good For Closeout

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Overall, Bridgit isn’t great for a projects safety or document tracking (RFI’s, submittals, etc.) but does a great job with quality tracking and task allocation.

Pros
The overall layout of the app is easy to follow once you get used to it. It also produces very nice reports that make it easy to see what is done and what isn’t.

Cons
Training people who struggle with technology how to use this app is a bit challenging. Also, there are a few simple things you would think the software could do easily but it doesn’t which makes a few things like creating checklists and transferring to tasks to other areas very difficult.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for leaving a review of Bridgit. It's great hearing that you've found our software to be easy to follow.

Feel free to reach out to our support team to get access to more resources and sessions for training (or re-training) your team on site. We're always there to help!

If you have any more details or ideas to share about task and checklist creation, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to collect more feedback to improve!

Thank you again for leaving a review.

Devin Paquette

Overall, this is one of the best close out software to date.

Reviewed 2018-01-29

Pros
- I love how easy it is filter items and export reports the way I want to see it. - Once the deficiencies have been inputted into the software, Bridgit does the rest with sending out items to assigned trades everyday. And gives me a report weekly showing stats of items and i can see which trade is falling behind. - Support is great. I get a response within 15mins. - Bridgit is continuously adding new feature based on user feedback.

Cons
Performance - could use some modification to help speed up the process of inputting items. Software can be sluggish at time.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Devin,

Thanks for reviewing Bridgit. We're glad to hear how helpful and easy it was to use. Plus, thanks for calling out our awesome support team.

If you have any more details or ideas to share about performance, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to collect more feedback to improve!

Nick Kharouba

Bridigt on a $1billion project

Reviewed 2018-11-29

we had over 8000 deficiencies and it would have impossible to manage, control, and resolve these items without Bridgit and the very helpful staff

Pros
Intuitive, Non-Glitchy, Allows for user control

Cons
hard to say, Bridgit really hit the nail on the head with this program for deficiencies- if I had to pick something to say here it would be integration with other softwares like Procore or Aconex.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Nick,

Thanks so much for leaving a review of Bridgit! We're so glad to hear that you find it intuitive, non-glitchy, and helpful.

Thank you for also calling out our awesome team. That means a lot.

If you have any more details or ideas to share about integrations, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to collect more feedback and improve!

Taylor Dorland

Best deficiency software on the market. Easy to use, track and complete.

Reviewed 2018-01-24

Pros
The daily reporting structure allows for quick and easy reviews and team collaboration. Analytics reporting is a great feature that allows for quick and easy understanding of completion strategies and progress.

Cons
Cost. Despite being scaled for project size and duration it is still expensive compared to standard tracking practices. There is significant return on investment but and the use of the software clearly helps project succeed, however, in the construction market where typically lowest bid wins it is hard to carry the cost of the program in estimates and be competitive.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for leaving a review of Bridgit! We're glad it helped with your reporting, and that you're enjoying the analytics. We'd love to hear more details about how you've made use of the data on site. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to share more!

Chantel Morrow

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Great program that bring everyone to one virtual location for project closeout details. helps streamline the process and keep everyone informed on progress.

Pros
Very user friendly. Customer support is very helpful and always responds quickly to requests and inquiries.

Cons
No option to include client/ homeowner in tasks.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Chantel,

Thanks for leaving a review of Bridgit! We're happy to hear that you've experienced excellent support from our team. It also means a lot to hear that you're seeing our app streamlining your processes and keeping everyone informed.

If you have any more details or ideas to share about changes you'd like to see, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to collect more feedback and improve!

Nick van den berg

I recommend closeout to all our clients and architect! They love the layout and ease!

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Pros
The ease of tracking, comments, locations, and 24/7 suppport. Architects and clients can get a fast easy list; organized to their liking

Cons
It keeps asking me to update the software?? Somettimes a few times during my sessions and it interrupts my inputting

Response from Bridgit

Hey Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to review Bridgit Closeout! We're really happy to hear that you love using our product (and that you've recommended it to others!).

I'm so sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulties with software updates. I've let Taylor, your customer coach, know about these interruptions. Taylor will be in contact with you to help resolve these notifications :)

Maya Keay-Smith

Best App

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Overall, I have found Closeout to be extremely useful and efficient. After having it on a project, I would easily recommend it to every project I'm on in the future.

Pros
It is incredibly easy to use, fast, simple, clear and concise.

Cons
Sometimes it takes a while to load because of volume of deficiencies, it's a bit glitchy sometimes.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Maya,

Thank you so much for leaving a review of Bridgit! It's great to hear that you find it incredibly easy to use, quick, simple, and clear.

If you have any more details or ideas to share, specifically about load times, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to collect more feedback to improve!

Bailey Raymond

Bridgit App Review

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Bridgit is a good and very useful app. I use it everyday and it makes my job a lot easier on site, and in the office.

Pros
Easy to use. Very useful for tracking deficiencies and following up with trades. Gives trades more accountability.

Cons
Sometimes a bit laggy. Hard to add new users.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Bailey,

Thank you for leaving a review of Bridgit! It's great to hear that you've found our software easy to use and that it's been useful for the punch process.

If you have any more details or ideas to share about sync/load times or adding users, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to collect more feedback to improve!

Thanks again,

Alessya Giuliani

Efficient and User Friendly Quality Control Sytem

Reviewed 2019-02-26

I truly enjoy and helps with my day to day job.

Pros
I enjoy the on the demand features for site use as well as personnel to personnel communication. It is a constantly reminder that allows myself to use the program as a FYI tool or followup tool rather than just deficiency tool.

Cons
That I cant filter more than one report on my phone and send via phone to email... individual and location specific

Response from Bridgit

Hi Alessya,

Thanks for leaving a review of Bridgit. It's so great to hear that you find our app efficient and user friendly. It's a bonus to hear that you truly enjoy it (and that it makes your day-to-day better).

If you have any more details or ideas to share about filtering, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to collect more feedback to improve!

Brian Bec

Great Construction Software

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Fantastic punchlist software and with inspection list capabilities it allows us to be more proactive with QA/QC.

Pros
The easy learning curve and report filtering capabilities.

Cons
I hope the software expands with further capabilities like Daily Construction Reporting.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reviewing Bridgit! We're glad to hear how easy the learning curve is and that you think it's a fantastic software.

We're always happy to collect more feedback to improve Bridgit ¿ so thank you for the recommendation on daily construction reporting.

Thanks again for leaving a review.

Matt Paonessa

Bridgit has been a HUGE time saver when it comes to construction punch lists and QA/QC!

Reviewed 2017-06-26

Enhanced communication, timely execution of QA/QC issues, a more professional presentation of punch-list items.

Pros
The #1 feature of Bridgit in my opinion is the automatic communication with subcontractors. Gone are the days of painfully filling out an excel spreadsheet and constantly nagging subcontractors with revision after revision after revision.

Cons
I wish there was a way to load the actual plans into the system so tagging floors/rooms/locations could be even easier.

Response from Bridgit

Hey Matt,

Thanks for leaving such an awesome review! We really enjoyed reading this. We're happy to hear that we've helped in leaving behind the process of filling out painful excel spreadsheets.

We recently released a new feature called Location Markups! This should help you a bit more with way-finding on site and adding even more detail to deficiencies. Read more about it here: http://gobridgit.com/bridgit-introducing-location-markups/. If you would like this feature for your project, please contact your customer coach, Danny, at dan.mckee@gobridgit.com. Send us your floor plans and we¿ll upload everything for you!

Thanks again for leaving a review of Bridgit Closeout.

Take care,

Stephen Murphy

Bridgit managed our punchlit very well.

Reviewed 2019-05-07

Pros
We used Bridgit to manage our punch-list for a 2 year project. It was easy and user friendly. It allowed different team members (architect, owner, contractors, and consultants) to all access a live up to date data base of quality control items.

Cons
The search function was challenging at times and the formal closeout of items, became a bit of a challenge near the end.

Response from Bridgit

Hey Stephen,

Thanks so much for leaving a review of Bridgit Field! We're so happy that our platform helped you manage your punch list very well and that it allowed stakeholders across teams to stay up-to-date.

We're always looking to make updates to our product, so please keep the feedback coming.

Thanks!
The Bridgit Team

Robert Nieves

Great product! Very useful and cost effective. greatly minimized the time to clear punch items.

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Reduced time to generate punch list. better communication of punch items, faster response to clear items.

Pros
using this tool reduced confusion in communication and allowed the contractor to react and clear punches very rapidly.

Cons
and android interface would be nice. we had to use web browser on non Apple devices. that was only a slight inconvenience

Response from Bridgit

Hi Robert,

Thanks so much for leaving a review of Bridgit Closeout! We're glad to hear that we've saved you time in generating and clearing punch items. Reducing confusion around the punch list process is crucial.

We also have some great news! Bridgit Closeout is now available on Android. Read more about the Android release here: http://gobridgit.com/bridgit-closeout-for-android/. Our Android app can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gobridgit.closeout&hl=en.

Thank you again for your awesome review of Bridgit Closeout!

Regards,

Brad Noort

Bridgit Review

Reviewed 2019-02-22

The fact that the system creates a list which can be sent electronically or printed and handed to a trade is great.

Pros
I liked the fact that you could tag the different trades and they would get notified every morning.

Cons
Taking multiple pictures of the same deficiency had the system confused a few times.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Brad,

Thanks for leaving a review of Bridgit. It's great that you're finding the automated communication with trades beneficial.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and leaving a review!

Jordan Bieri

Very good. Our tech support was very helpful

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Pros
Easy to send deficiencies to trades. The interface was clean and simpled. The tech support was very helpful in trying to convince adoption.

Cons
At the time, lack of support for Android, meant low adoption rate with trades. Some of the features that we were looking for hadnt been implemeneted yet.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for leaving such a great review! We are happy to hear that you found our support team to be really helpful.

We've made some awesome updates to Bridgit Closeout recently. We now offer location markups. Check the feature out here: http://gobridgit.com/bridgit-introducing-location-markups/. We also recently released our Android app. For more information check out this post: http://gobridgit.com/bridgit-closeout-for-android/. If you would like to learn more, please contact our support team at support@gobridgit.com.

Thanks again for leaving a review of our product!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Damon Mayer

Painters touch up list

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros
The real time updates The general contractor can give real time updates to all the subcontractors

Cons
Sometimes the pitcher's are slow . Don't always pop up when you touch the pitcher

Response from Bridgit

Hi Damon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Bridgit! It's great to hear that you're finding the real-time updates to be helpful.

If you have any more details or ideas to share about load times for pictures, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to collect more feedback and improve!

¿Bridgit Team

Greg Gerke

Excellent software and support staff, easy to understand and use

Reviewed 2017-06-20

We save time coordinating with the trades on deficiency lists, it is easy for them to see the issues and get them corrected in a timely manner. It is also a good method to track recurring issues.

Pros
This software is very easy to use and understand. The use of automated emails are a great time saver.

Cons
Doing deficiency lists in large open areas are sometimes problematic, to be able to quickly pinpoint or locate the area on a drawing.

Response from Bridgit

Hi Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to review Bridgit Closeout and mentioning the ease of use and time savings!

We know that location deficiencies on site can be challenging, that¿s why we have a new way-finding feature: location markups! To learn more about this feature, please read about it here: http://gobridgit.com/bridgit-introducing-location-markups/. If you have any questions about this feature or would like to have locations markups setup for your project, please reach out to your customer coach, Danny, at dan.mckee@gobridgit.com.

Bridgit Closeout is available on iOS, Android, and web. Our iOS app can be downloaded here: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bridgit-closeout/id993251508?mt=8. Our Android app can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gobridgit.closeout&hl=en.

Thank you again for leaving such a great review about Bridgit Closeout!

Thanks,