All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Contractor Foreman Reviews

Checking Under the Hood

So far we are very happy with all of the features and CF has come a long ways since I first looked at it 2 years ago. Customer support is great although I haven't quite figured out if I can have a single point person for support.

Pros

I am currently reviewing this product as a stand alone construction management software. The main reason I am investigating it is so that I can ditch the several software platforms I use into a single software.

Cons

It is a bit time consuming to get up and running only because of the amount of data needed to set up.

Thank you Mark for the great review. We do not provide our customers with a main contact as we do not want you to be delayed when help is needed. Many on the team are in meetings or working with customers all day. If we assigned you a single contact and that person is on vacation, in a meeting, or on a break, that would increase the time it takes to get you a response so we prefer to make our whole team accessible.

Great product. Outstanding people behind it.

Pros

The ability to integrate into QuickBooks is a gamechanger for efficiency and workflow. There are tutorial videos on every page to help anyone who doesn't feel confident with what they're doing. Customer service is quick, responsive, and helpful.

Cons

More analytical data could be built in - the ability to really dig deep into the numbers driving the business.

Thank you Scott for the great review regarding the recent UI changes we've made to the apps. We will finish these changes are part of the May update as this will substantially make the app more user friendly for all users. We will revise the Edit mode to show a new Common view that includes the fields used by most people but still providing access to click View All Fields to see the lest popular fields in use. This will allow you to see the most important information on the screen without the need to scroll.

Perfect for remodeling companies

Communication with my field team improved 100%. Now that they have everything about a project on their phone, this eliminates them having to track me down to ask questions. They have the power to do change orders right on the phone. No need to hold up the project.

Pros

Everything is in one place and the entire team can see the same data at the same time. No more paper estimates, schedules, change orders, time tracking, etc. It is all online.

Cons

I would like to see a more robust CRM where I can track follow-ups better.

Thanks Vicky for the awesome review! We will continue to make it even easier for you and your team to stay on the same page. We always appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Great Software for contractors

Pros

It has a ton of features and really is a complete solution for contractors. The phone app has the same exact functionality as the web version. It also has allowed us to eliminate some other programs we were using on top of our old project management software. Support has been great and is always very responsive.

Cons

It does lack some customization most other companies have also I feel like it has so many features that some basic things were over looked when developing. But they do up date the system monthly with fixes and improvements so I know in the long run it will be much better.

Impressed with this program

So far so good, but I’m a newbie

Pros

The professional lay out of estimates/cover page/templates etc...

Cons

No emailing through the software. I wish I could track my customers in a way that allows me to see more details about my customers profile so I can market to a select group.

Hi Laura. Thanks for the review. We do provide the ability to email from the system. From each item, click on the Action dropdown and then click View/Email PDF. That will open a popup where you can select the template you want to use and type the message, select recipients, and add the subject. If you are not sending an item, you can click on Menu > Send Email. We track the Sent/Delivered/Open/Clicked stats as well. From within the item click on the Activity dropdown to see the message stats.

BuilderTrend alternative

I really like this software and plan on using it extensively.

Pros

I'm just a one-man-band company that only does a few projects at a time, so I don't have a lot of money dedicated to software. My biggest need is Co's and approval of them in a timely manner, Contractor Foreman is perfect for this!

Cons

I've struggled just a little bit in building my cost codes database...but that's more about me needing to continue working on it.

The reasons you mentioned switching to Contractor Foreman are very common. If you need any help with cost codes, let us know. You can also import them directly from the CSI or NAHB list using the Action dropdown within Cost Codes.

So far, so good

We were looking for an all-in-one business management solution, instead of piecing together excel spreadsheets and multiple other solutions. CF offers lead tracking, estimating, online signatures, project management, change orders, job costing, SOV creation....and the list goes on. The value is what hooked us - compared to similar programs, the price is quite reasonable.

Pros

We're just getting through the free trial, but so far have had a great experience. While still in the learning phase and haven't used many features yet, the customer service and training has been top notch. As a small business, we chose CF because of the wealth of features at a more economical price than many other comparable companies.

Cons

Though it checks the box for all the features we desire, the user interface could be a bit more friendly at times - the process of navigation can be a bit clunky to learn. Beyond that, it could be that we just need to use it longer and become familiar with the look and feel. It could just be preference - for example, it would be great to have a drag and drop feature for estimating instead of drop down menus, etc.

Thanks Nicole for the great review. We do provide the most bang for your buck without a doubt and we take pride in providing excellent support and training. We will continue to enhance the UI so that we can make it easier to get the most of all of the great features we have.

Always Improving!

Contractor Foreman is well worth the investment. I like the constant improvements that the developers are always working on. Customer service is very responsive. I have made multiple suggestions to development and have always received a response whether it be for more info or sometimes, what their plan is to implement my suggestion.

Pros

Contractor Foreman is very customizable. I like that the user can has to do a minimal amount of setup in order to start using the software.

Cons

This is very basic software. Reporting is somewhat lacking but the user has the ability to create custom reports with available data.

Valuable Tool

My overall experience with Contractor Foreman has been a good one. I am relieved to have found a software program that can help me stay on top of the many projects we have going on at one time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease in which it can be used. It has all the components that I need to track a project from the beginning of the sales lead through the end of a project. I like that it pulls the information together from one module to the next as needed and that there are options for how the material is presented to the costumer.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that there is a bit of a need to jump around a bit. As the software improves and develops, I am hopeful that links will be added so that one can jump from one module to the next without having to go back into the menu bar.

Thank you Darla for the review. We are considering the ability to add multiple views to prevent the issue you are referring to.while still making it easy for someone who doesn't have projects to jump around to their data.

Good managing program

Everything is on one platform. I can submit quote invoice and track expenses on one platform

Pros

Very easy to get started Fill in the blancs and it will create a professional estimate, invoice etc. Time tracking is nice. lots of good construction management features.

Cons

That there isn't a daily report category so I can see what's going on.

Thank you Dimitri for the review. We do provide one of the best Daily Log features of any construction management Service. It's not included in the basic plan you have but it is in all other plans. We can enable this for you or we can meet with you and show you how it works.

Economical Power packed software

Very supportive training. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very patient and understanding with me to guide me through the process of learning to use the software.

Pros

It was versatile and obviously created to help manage issues in the field.

Cons

Having to do all the learning of how it works

Lots of Tools to mold your process to a paperless one

We are a subcontractor that performs concrete work like curbs and sidewalks. We needed a paperless system that would allow our foreman to fill out daily logs and site information, as well as time sheets. We looked at many programs but none of them had the straightforward basic style of form filling that we needed, and if they did, those programs were $400-$1k per month! Contractor Foreman is, essentially,...

Pros

-Easy to setup -Easy to add records like jobs, employees, and daily logs -Continually adding new features -Quick customer service when setting up

Cons

-There are many features which I would like to see added -Was buggy at first, but all have been fixed now

Super Versatile

Pros

Everything integrated with itself really seamlessly. There is no maze of screens to navigate. Its just menu-page-action. Hard to describe but it's really well laid out considering how incredibly in depth and customizable it is. It does everything!

Cons

It's not as pretty on the app as other software but I still have full function to create projects and pull reports on my phone.

Thank you Mike for the awesome review and giving us a shot. We are certain that you will continue to be glad that you made the switch. Saving money and avoiding frustration is always a plus.

Up and Coming Project Management Software

We have enjoyed using this software and working with the CF team.

Pros

Our company has fully migrated our operations to CF over the past few months. It has been a great organizational tool to manage all of our ongoing projects. The best part about CF is their support team, they are always available to assist and answer your questions about the robust number of features.

Cons

Being new, it is still being developed and kinks worked out. But the updates are consistent and the software gets better each update.

Thank you Ryan for the great review. We have a great team and always aim to provide great service. We know that there are many others in this space and we want each customer to have an amazing experience when they trust us to help them manage their projects. We will continue to release monthly updates and and add new features and make improvements. Adding new features and solving problems drives us to be better each day. -Steve

Love Contractor Foreman

The people at CF are great, quick to respond and they continue to upgrade!!

Pros

Love working with Contractor Forman!! It has helped me get a substantially better understanding of my business and total control of our reporting versus having several different programs.

Cons

It took me a little time to get to know it but not as long as my previous software.

Great value

Fantastic!

Pros

Ease of use. Fantastic value. Great support

Cons

Nothing really, maybe make it fancier but wasn’t really what I’m looking for

Awesome program! Looked at many.

Great at first, then I had to really learn how to use all the features and that got rough but mainly because I had to also learn construction billing, now its easy and love it.

Pros

It allows my whole company to stay connected, makes my life a lot easier because billing is all in one place. Tracks employee hrs, they can create nites amd change orders on the spot.

Cons

Takes time to learn, I came from quickbooks and was green to construction accounting.

Highly Recommended

Overall experience is this has allowed us to cancel Tsheets, we are currently entertaining cancelling QB online (we use desktop as well). Communication issues with the field, the clients, the office become integrated into 1 place also allowing for miscommunication. change orders, punch lists, estimating, job costing...etc. again to be integrated into 1 place. Love the software!!

Pros

The functionality of the software is unmatched at the price point. Tried countless other software programs/apps to only be missing more than 1 piece we needed or the price point was so far out of our budget. Contractor Foreman offers the biggest bang for the buck, has allowed us to cancel other apps and bring everything into 1 application. Project Management, Time Clock, Budgeting, Job Costing...etc. Constant updates and upgrades!

Cons

The ramp up was a little cumbersome - Free Training solved the issues Personally my biggest con is the inability to customize the actual layout of the estimates/invoices... Only other con is the learning curve BUT if i/we allow time for the learning curve to run it's course we haven't been disappointed yet

Learning curve of course, they are willing to help.

We are now able to build estimates and budgets in 1 platform and we can integrate our quickbooks too.

Pros

It is designed specifically for the construction industry. Customer service does respond to emails and phone calls usually the same day. Free live training via video chat. Unlimited training at not additional cost. Much lower in price to competitors.

Cons

Limited CRM capability. Not much in automation. Still have to use a separate service for mass emailing and texting of our current and potential clients. Does not help with marketing to clients.

Daily Usage on Contractor Foreman

Overall, my experience with Contractor Foreman has been great. While the program may take a little bit to really figure out all the ins and outs as it offers many options and areas to discover, it is an efficient and well ran program.

Pros

I enjoy the easy use of time card tracking and being able to make admin adjustments whenever necessary throughout the day. This app gives you the option of multiple reports to track employee and/or project hours in multiple ways and views which is great for a weekly breakdown on a financial end.

Cons

Whenever there is any issues with the software, the suggestion box is always open and the app itself rolls out updates at Least once a month.

Thank you Riley for the great review. The Time Card feature is one of the most important features we offer. We make the process simple for admins and those who normally do not like tech. Our system as a whole (with time cards) is less than what many others would pay another provider only for the time card feature. We have a lot of non-contractors that signup with us just for the time card feature itself. If there is room for improvement, please let us know as we want to continue making it even better.

So far, I love it!

Pros

This software is a game changer for my company. It gives the ability to manage multiple projects without missing a beat. The unlimited user package allows me to assign multiple vendors/contractors to multiple projects across different states engaging them in the process of updating statuses and such in real time. This gives me the oversight I need allowing me to step out of the micromanaging I was doing before.

Cons

There is a learning curve with this software as it is very in depth.

Great Program

Contractor Foreman has helped us begin to streamline a lot of things and cut down tremendously on paperwork.

Pros

The timecards with GPS and the change orders are the best features for our business. Overall the system is pretty convenient to use.

Cons

I wish there was a way to disable the default jobs from the timecards section.

Thank you Joey for the great review. You can remove the default jobs by going to Company Settings > Custom > Time Cards. We look forward to bringing you many more great features. Thank you again, we do appreciate it.

Great software!

These guys are the best! Ready to help and don't mind walking you through the the software.

Pros

This has ton of features that can be used with great ease. Easy to learn and the customer support is phenomenal.

Cons

Navigating the software can be tricky in the beginning but we are getting accustomed to it.

Amazing App!

This helps me set estimates,fix budgets, generate invoices, note down retainer amounts and keep every contact and business transaction in check without having to note down anything separately as the app is comprehensive in meeting all my business needs.

Pros

The team behind this app is amazing. They're responsive, helpful and quick to resolve any queries that I bring to their notice. The app itself evolves to include features that will add value to businesses and this is something that any company would love to see. The app is intuitive and works really well with complex features that not a lot of apps offer with this much ease.

Cons

Calendar functions could be improved to make it the perfect app!

Thanks Johny for your kind words about our Support team. We know that it is one of the many factors that sets us apart from others. We do plan on adding more features to the calendar. Being able to used fixed and variable retainage held is something that many of our competitors do not offer so we are glad it is a valuable feature for you.

Excellent Tool One Stop Shopping

I have 10 different inputs for a single job that all roll up / out to various business functions. CF took me from 4 different APPs to one!!

Pros

The ease of use- and the fact that it's available for desktop and app. I need both from an administrative perspective and for my job Foremans.

Cons

I am a little ADD based on my nature :) It would be nice to be able to HIDE the screens/options I don't want to see. The same thing that makes the tool SO attractive, which is TONS of different options and items to integrate is the item I would like to be able to customize to reduce. But I'd rather have the options available so in this case it's not a con as much as a personal preference.

Thank you Candi for the great feedback. To hide items from the menu that you do not plan to use, go to Settings > Roles and set the item's property to No Access. This will hide it completely. Later, if you decided you are ready to use it, you can return to the original setting. This helps you and your crew ensure you are focusing on the features you use.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.